AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-15, 10:06   Link #9941
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Funny you should use the term 'daemonic'

(80% complete...)

I hear, Dark One

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Eh?

Dark God Chaos can let you in on it, if his will demands it.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-09-15, 10:25   Link #9942
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

So you create these characters with these powers, but you don't know their limits?
The secret to hidden h4xx is to be vague, as Aurion exemplifies and Chaos takes to the extreme.

(Runs from WHATHEHECKDIDYOUJUSTSAY CANNON and Rain of Chaos)
Old 2007-09-15, 10:26   Link #9943
EnigmaticThief
Schach is MAI WAIFU

Send a message via AIM to EnigmaticThief Send a message via Yahoo to EnigmaticThief
@USB: Thank you.

@Liingo: Thank you very much for your suggestions. They did give me a bit of inspiration that I'll have to develop sometime.

@Keroko: I'm glad that part caught your attention, as it ties back into the story's title.

@D_T: Hopefully it won't be the conclusion, D_T. Thank you.

@Aaron: Thank you very much!

@Lowe: Well, I wanted to use that moment just after the victory against Lester to make Nicholas's problems stand out clearly from the beginning.
Old 2007-09-15, 10:30   Link #9944
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

So you create these characters with these powers, but you don't know their limits?
It's more like I haven't truely finalized yet, I really want to take it to the god-like level, like having him control the blood INSIDE the body, but like hell that would get pass the H4XX detectors

(btw, that is they original power level)

So now I'm suck with the problem of finding a sweet spot to put them, I want them to be leet, yet get the annoying H4XX-hounds off my back...

...Why are you so worried anyway ?

Quote:
Eh?
Beware the shadows...
Old 2007-09-15, 10:35   Link #9945
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
It's more like I haven't truely finalized yet, I really want to take it to the god-like level, like having him control the blood INSIDE the body, but like hell that would get pass the H4XX detectors

(btw, that is they original power level)

So now I'm suck with the problem of finding a sweet spot to put them, I want them to be leet, yet get the annoying H4XX-hounds off my back...

...Why are you so worried anyway ?
You just said it.

GOD-LIKE. in a human body. (( I don't care if it's Noah or whatever. ))

Sure, maybe he can't destroy worlds, but with such powers, he can pretty much trump over those who can. (( so long as they're human. ))

With seemingly little to no feedback. (( since it's his main powers ))

When characters are given ranks like AAA, yet have h4xxes that bypass these ranks and allow them to easily win over those above AAA easily...

Ranks are there for a reason. To respect that limit. Creating loopholes around it is h4xx, one way or another.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-15, 10:39   Link #9946
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
You just said it.

GOD-LIKE. in a human body. (( I don't care if it's Noah or whatever. ))

With seemingly little to no feedback. (( since it's his main powers ))

When characters are given ranks like AAA, yet have h4xxes that bypass these ranks and allow them to easily win over those above AAA easily...

Ranks are there for a reason. To respect that limit. Creating loopholes around it is h4xx, one way or another.
You know Nightengale, all in all I get what you're saying, but aren't you alittle uptight about this? Especially when I said I'm "finding" a good level to place them?

I also said that I really wanted to, I didn't say that I am going to...
Old 2007-09-15, 10:43   Link #9947
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
You know Nightengale, all in all I get what you're saying, but aren't you alittle uptight about this? Especially when I said I'm "finding" a good level to place them?

It's just an immune response, after all the h4xx both X and me have been throwing into the thread for laughs or for fanon have made not just Nighty and Aaron but a lot of people to be on guard. Its what keeps the thread balance so everyone can have a good game.

While it may appear overzealous at times, we mean well. Really.
Old 2007-09-15, 10:44   Link #9948
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:

I know. I'm just saying.

As for my uptightness... probably because it's ice. I have some form of bias against water/ice/blood techniques for some reason I've sealed in my childhood. (( Can't remember. )) But I get iffy everytime it's involved in a h4xx manner.

Your shadow powers have just as much h4xx potential, but you don't see me it.

My stance is generally to not say anything against h4xx unless it's going to be foul-game in scenarios and such. But since it's frost...

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-15, 10:46   Link #9949
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

All this emphasis on Frost sounds like a in-defence-of-Hayate response.

Sorry, sorry, random comment...
Old 2007-09-15, 10:58   Link #9950
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Well, it's done

Spoiler for Hayate & Yui:

Unfortunately, Yui ended up a bit short

Well, here height would be somewhere between Teana's and Erio's

Too bad they haven't announced the height (three sizes too ) of the characters in StrikerS, it'd be easier to define a height of my OC characters
That is so adorable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
@ Thread:

In the crusade to have Keroko-chan as many guys around her as possible, here is a snippet:

Spoiler for Childhood:

*Readies anti-ICB shield*
A childhood friend? I'm going to need more info...
Old 2007-09-15, 10:58   Link #9951
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
It's just an immune response, after all the h4xx both X and me have been throwing into the thread for laughs or for fanon have made not just Nighty and Aaron but a lot of people to be on guard. Its what keeps the thread balance so everyone can have a good game.

While it may appear overzealous at times, we mean well. Really.
I see... I don't mind being told if one of my character's abilities is pushing the limit, but just now was bit... Unusual.

Quote:
I know. I'm just saying.

As for my uptightness... probably because it's ice. I have some form of bias against water/ice/blood techniques for some reason I've sealed in my childhood. (( Can't remember. )) But I get iffy everytime it's involved in a h4xx manner.

My stance is generally to not say anything against h4xx unless it's going to be foul-game in scenarios and such. But since it's frost...
I see I see... Well, I have friends with weirder fetishes, so I guess I can understand this...
Old 2007-09-15, 11:02   Link #9952
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
I see... I don't mind being told if one of my character's abilities is pushing the limit, but just now was bit... Unusual.
In all fairness, most of us have been pretty tolerant towards the Destroyers for quite a while now.
Old 2007-09-15, 11:11   Link #9953
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
I know. I'm just saying.

Blood, I understand, but...what's wrong with Water/Ice powers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
That is so adorable!
Old 2007-09-15, 11:14   Link #9954
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
In all fairness, most of us have been pretty tolerant towards the Destroyers for quite a while now.
By all means, say what's troubling you.
Old 2007-09-15, 11:15   Link #9955
Liingo
Love Hina?

@ Flamespark
Utter win Although Yui's really short.... any shorter and she might be mistaken for a loli.... meaning instant membership to Erio's group of friends harem....

@ Thread
Are there any other characters apart from Tesla, Keroko and Kha that have been attached to RF6? I'm thinking of using them in the upcoming showdown between the Weavers and the Aces... for part 7 of my ficlet.

Currently with the Aces are (Unlimited fight)
Nanoha, Fate, Signum, Shamal and Zafira. (sorry no Hayate but from what we've seen, she can only get her limiter released by Chrono and Carim, meaning that she would be no use in this battle, where as the limiters of the others are in the control of Hayate.)
with possible roles to be played by Tesla, Keroko and Kha...

It's either that or throw in a humongous pile of drones into the equation to better represent the manhunt.
Old 2007-09-15, 11:18   Link #9956
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Blood, I understand, but...what's wrong with Water/Ice powers?
They're the same in this respect.

Imagine a mage so l33t that he/she can freeze and freely manipulate the liquid inside your body both water and blood.

Old 2007-09-15, 11:19   Link #9957
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
By all means, say what's troubling you.
Unless I've missed any changes in that regard, the entire 'if they die, we'll just reasemble them' thing, for one. Second the aparant ignorance of injury (if I understood the healthbar thing correct).

No other OC, much less a group of OC's got away with that much and a bunch of powerfull abillities.
Old 2007-09-15, 11:23   Link #9958
Dream_Traveller
Banned

@Liingo: Well, out of the developed characters I have, there is V...and, though undeveloped, Wyatt and Kilroy, perhaps. If you do use V, I'll allow you to tone down his, well...psycho side, so to speak. Plus, Wyatt and Kilroy were only mercenaries.

But, if you want to use them, you can.

@Chaos: Well, I have no qualms with the Destroyers in general, but, as said before...don't you think they're just a tad too powerful? I understand that you're trying to balance it out, but I'm just stating this here.
Old 2007-09-15, 11:26   Link #9959
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Unless I've missed any changes in that regard, the entire 'if they die, we'll just reasemble them' thing, for one. Second the aparant ignorance of injury (if I understood the healthbar thing correct).

No other OC, much less a group of OC's got away with that much and a bunch of powerfull abillities.
I have no problem removing the first one. However, no matter what, I'm still keeping the 'healthbar' style of playing, it's what makes them unique in the first place.

And I can't stress how many times I have been saying that an 'average' Destroyer has the capability to only control 3-4 of them, 5 is pushing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
@Chaos: Well, I have no qualms with the Destroyers in general, but, as said before...don't you think they're just a tad too powerful? I understand that you're trying to balance it out, but I'm just stating this here.
I wouldn't know unless being told because I have no idea what the other OCs are capable of themselves, So I'm setting the bar rather high and wait for complains to come in.

Apparently, I thought there were none.
Old 2007-09-15, 11:30   Link #9960
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
@ Thread
Are there any other characters apart from Tesla, Keroko and Kha that have been attached to RF6? I'm thinking of using them in the upcoming showdown between the Weavers and the Aces... for part 7 of my ficlet.

Currently with the Aces are (Unlimited fight)
Nanoha, Fate, Signum, Shamal and Zafira. (sorry no Hayate but from what we've seen, she can only get her limiter released by Chrono and Carim, meaning that she would be no use in this battle, where as the limiters of the others are in the control of Hayate.)
with possible roles to be played by Tesla, Keroko and Kha...

It's either that or throw in a humongous pile of drones into the equation to better represent the manhunt.
Well, to be really nitty-picky, it's Kha, Sophia, Artei, Kaempfer and Allison who are attached. While most of the 21ste Dreikeiten is willing to sit out the invitation, I brought this up so Artei can have some glory for once. As a stealth rogue type, he's the perfect urban warrior. However, he got shafted during Dance of Demons, and his premiere in Point of Light OR AltS OR CrosyS hasn't happened in writing so...

But since Hayate is useless, then Allie too. All she can do on the ground is raid heals and basic dagger fighting.