AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-11-01, 13:32   Link #4221
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

when you said reg toc, you mean 10 man or 25 man?
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 13:37   Link #4222
Xacual

Considering he said jousting and 3 people, I'm inclined to think doing normal and heroic ToC5 to gear up a new person? I've done normal with 3. I don't think I ever tried undermanning the heroic though.

Fun Edit: Yesterday my friend wanted something from Naxx10 so he joined a pug, didn't even finish two wings in 2 hours so he left. Later that night he said he wanted to see how far they got, apparently they didn't get any further so he asked if anyone wanted to go to Naxx10. So off we went the 4 of us. It was kind of amusing really. We brought in a mage to have 5 before the end but I was highly amused by 5manning the Spider Wing. Got 100g from boss gold too haha.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy

Last edited by Xacual; 2009-11-01 at 14:29.
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 15:29   Link #4223
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I means Trial of the Champion (regular). The highest instance we've completed as a three man was Drak'Tharon Keep.
Old 2009-11-01, 17:34   Link #4224
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

What level of gear do u have? ToC norm shouldn't be too bad undergeared/manned migh have to be careful on the champs when they are on the ground, but just need to control them. As a tank I find the warriors shoulder toss to be quite irritating.
Old 2009-11-01, 17:58   Link #4225
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Our first few attempts at the champs...after the jousting, was with a paladin tank and two dps. Basically the paladin was doing both tanking and healing. While I think he could take on the two melee we faced, the blood elf mage seemed to smoke him easily. In fact the longest we lasted was when I used my voidwalker on the mage to keep her busy for a few more seconds.

We are undergeared I imagine. A mix of Icecrown quest rewards, crafted epics, reputation rares (Ebon Blade mostly it seems), a few Brewfest/Headless Horseman trinkets/rings, some instance loot, and a few BOE epics from Ulduar.

Personally I think I still have two green quest rewards from Icecrown/Storm Peaks (pants and boots), Most items are 174 or higher (1 x 162, 1 x 167, 4 x 174, 1 x 187, 7 x 200, and 1 x 219) The two lowest items are my wand (from the Nesingway quest chain), and my Engineering trinket (Noise Machine). I actually have other level 200 trinkets from Brewfest but none I have provide extra spell power, and this one provides a shield, which is handy in most things I do. The highest item is the Combustion Bracers.

Without Fel Armor I have 1257 Bonus Damage (with Fel Armor it is about 1623), 242 Hit, 18.02% spell crit, 92 haste (and 165 mana regen) I have slightly over 15,000 health and mana.
Old 2009-11-01, 18:21   Link #4226
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

hey guys, did they release Lich King instance yet?
Old 2009-11-01, 18:26   Link #4227
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
hey guys, did they release Lich King instance yet?
Nope. Still on the PTR.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 18:32   Link #4228
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Wouldn't expect it until at least November 11 or 15 (whichever day it is), when they do their change over to battle.net...and even then, probably after...less issues.

Have they even started testing the Raid yet?
Old 2009-11-01, 18:38   Link #4229
Clarste
Human

Yeah, they've started testing individual bosses.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 19:02   Link #4230
Xacual

I'd imagine it not until December. Honestly my best guess is either first or second week of December or after New Years.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2009-11-01, 19:48   Link #4231
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I'd say before Christmas, then being the eternal optimist... Prolly March (3 months after ICC release) to see signs of 4.0 on the PTR for that pre-expansion patch (assuming ICC is truly the last raid before Cata). I'd hazzard 3 more months after till Cata, I really don't think they'd leave us with just ICC for 6+ months. They really need something to fill the gap.
Old 2009-11-01, 20:46   Link #4232
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
I'd say before Christmas, then being the eternal optimist... Prolly March (3 months after ICC release) to see signs of 4.0 on the PTR for that pre-expansion patch (assuming ICC is truly the last raid before Cata). I'd hazzard 3 more months after till Cata, I really don't think they'd leave us with just ICC for 6+ months. They really need something to fill the gap.
Definitely true. But what they did right last time was that they tested LK big time and brought it live before the expansion came out so that there weren't many bugs at all on Day 1, while Day 1 of TBC was a d/con nightmare.

@Ithekro: You may want to consider getting the 245 chest & bracers and 226 belt & boots crafted if you have the gold. Doing H dailies to get 245 gear would also be a good idea. Don't spend Triumph emblems on the trinkets though, caster one is bad.
Old 2009-11-01, 21:03   Link #4233
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

In they want to time the build up with a holday of similar theme, I'd say June-July for CATA. Midsummer Fire Festival seems to have an Elemental's theme. What better time to remake the world in Fire and have the Elemental Lord try to burn down the World Tree and the Aspect of the Earth break free from inside the World?

Last time it was Hallow's End with a Scourge Invasion..You got the Headless Horseman and Zombies attacking Goldshire! Followed by a November release of the expansion. However the major 3.0 patch was before Hallow's End.

So it would make at least a slight bit of sense to have the major 4.0 patch just before Midsummer Fire Festival in June, and the actually expansion come in July....if we can take the world reshaping that is.
Old 2009-11-01, 21:06   Link #4234
Xacual

They released the BC patch before BC came out. The reason day 1 was a mess was because of how hellfire peninsula was. We didn't have quite as big of an issue since Northrend was bigger and had two starting zones.

Honestly the only reason i can see them pushing Icecrown past New Years is because of all the patch day problems that always arise. If it comes out too close to Christmas it would almost be like them forcing their employess to work over the holidays. They have also purposely pushed back a patch for the same reason before.

Old 2009-11-01, 21:39   Link #4235
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'd agree on 3.3 release being this year. 4.0 bing sometime mid-year makes some sense. Though I don't know if you can call anyplace a starting zone at that point...since everything is changing. Most of it before the expansion. Brings up some interesting issues with some of the new places that you could in theory fly over in the expansion. Maybe they'll be instanced off? Or more likely they'll be instanced/you can't fly in the old world until either the expansion comes out, or some random level or purchase that won't happen until the expansion is installed in your computer (they have your money).

The TBC starting zones are suppose to still be instanced off from what I understand...though I'm trying to figure out how that is suppose to work...from the Eastern Plaguelands to the Ghostlands and eventually Silvermoon and the Sunwell beyond. The Exodor I can see still working if they keep it off the map...boat only access...but Silvermoon is on the continent....(Unless of course...there is a flood that cuts it off).

Maybe they'll make TBC starting areas a remade instanced zone (the level 1-5 areas) like they did with the Death Knights, and seem to be doing with the Goblins and Worgan. Maybe all starting zones will be instanced like that. Therefore anyone can go to the TBC zones on Azeroth, but you can't be a Blood Elf or Druanei without it. (of course you can go the the Death Knight starting zone without the expansion...just there is nothing there now).

Or course, if you have flying...you have TBC already....since you can't buy flying skill anywhere in the Old World (that I'm aware of anyway). And I don't think you can have just TWOLK expansion without TBC expansion....just like I doubt you could skip from Vanilla to CATA in one go without 2.0 or 3.0 expansions.

So many random over thinking it problems.
Old 2009-11-01, 21:40   Link #4236
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

they got a whole year to get the Lich King Instance going. so I don't expect it to be until then.
Old 2009-11-02, 02:48   Link #4237
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I managed the 226 crafted boots and some 200 shoulders (Dark Runic Mantle). Lost a little crit, but gained haste and spell power (Spell Power is up to 1336 (fel armor is over 1700). Crits down to 17.61%. Haste up to 165 and Hit is at 252 (Health at 15,784 with mana at 15,503) I could get the crit up to 19 something percent, but that's with the other crit Brewfest trinket...the one that can generate 1000 attack power in successful attacks and loose 63 spell power...and a short duration shield.

They just didn't have any good pants or belts on the serve today. They had better bracers, but not for 12,000+ gold at this time. I nearly had that when I started regearing two weeks ago. Wasn't saving for anything in particular...just wanted around 12,500 in case someone wanted a bike made.

I'm also 9 quests away from loremaster...but the last quests are in the Blade Edge Mountains (3) and Icecrown (6). Why the Blade Edge Mountains don't have extra quests I don't know. Even Icecrown has a few quests left over after you finish the achievement...all of them 5 man, but still...there are more. I'm hoping to finish Outland by doing the five mans, since I seem to not be good enough at Simon to finish the last solo quest. Hopefully I can get my tank friend to tank a dragon then some big gronn prisoner...and maybe luck out on Simon instead of farming apex crystals for the other five man quest.

The Icecrown chains we'll probably do as a guild effort, once the others have progressed enough in those quest chains to get them (sometimes phasing works agianst you).
Old 2009-11-02, 02:57   Link #4238
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I managed the 226 crafted boots and some 200 shoulders (Dark Runic Mantle). Lost a little crit, but gained haste and spell power (Spell Power is up to 1336 (fel armor is over 1700). Crits down to 17.61%. Haste up to 165 and Hit is at 252 (Health at 15,784 with mana at 15,503) I could get the crit up to 19 something percent, but that's with the other crit Brewfest trinket...the one that can generate 1000 attack power in successful attacks and loose 63 spell power...and a short duration shield.

They just didn't have any good pants or belts on the serve today. They had better bracers, but not for 12,000+ gold at this time. I nearly had that when I started regearing two weeks ago. Wasn't saving for anything in particular...just wanted around 12,500 in case someone wanted a bike made.

I'm also 9 quests away from loremaster...but the last quests are in the Blade Edge Mountains (3) and Icecrown (6). Why the Blade Edge Mountains don't have extra quests I don't know. Even Icecrown has a few quests left over after you finish the achievement...all of them 5 man, but still...there are more. I'm hoping to finish Outland by doing the five mans, since I seem to not be good enough at Simon to finish the last solo quest. Hopefully I can get my tank friend to tank a dragon then some big gronn prisoner...and maybe luck out on Simon instead of farming apex crystals for the other five man quest.

The Icecrown chains we'll probably do as a guild effort, once the others have progressed enough in those quest chains to get them (sometimes phasing works agianst you).
Make sure you did the Damaged Mask chain in Blade's Edge. That was the one I was missing. There are 1-2 more quests in BEM than the achievement requires.

Don't buy the completed cloth products. Get the mats. Crusader and Runed Orbs have gone WAY down in price. The other mats aren't that hard to get. Don't let yourself get ripped off. Get the mats and find someone who can craft them who won't charge a stupid tip.

Remember you can now get Tier 9 from the Argent area in Icecrown with Emblems of Triupmh and that 226 items from Conquest emblems are also worth chasing up. See the vendors in the Dalaran portal/emblem vendor area for that. Don't waste your money on the AH. Utilise heroics, VoA, Onyxia and ToC to your benefit.
Old 2009-11-02, 05:39   Link #4239
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I did that chain. I'm up on the ridge with the ogres and I think I have one quest with the Consortium..something about evidence of Alpha. I'm hoping it isn't a daily because I don't remember finishing it the first time I had that quest back when I was doing Shattered Sun dailies and Consortium reputation so I could build my epic flying machine from my own parts.
Old 2009-11-02, 15:02   Link #4240
Jaden

Ah yes, there is the Consortium quest chain that awards the special prison key for heroic manatombs. Some of it counts towards blade's edge quests, but you have to be exalted with the bastards to finish it.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows