AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-01-24, 17:57   Link #6361
Kyuu
=^^=

Initially submitting the "I don't care who wins" stance - because I really don't. I'm just happy not the see the Patriots (nor even the Falcons for that matter) in the Super Bowl.

However, I'll give the Ravens a slight pick, just because this is indeed their last shot. And as a team, they've been pretty good over the years, and only managed to get to the big show now -- just as the team is on its way towards splitsville, with Ray Lewis and company into retirement.

As for the Niners... yea. They'll have another shot at this. As for the 5-0 Super Bowl record currently standing, a 1 in the loss column isn't gonna hurt them all that much.

So, OK. I'll go with the Ravens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari
San Diego had a good run in the mid to late 2000's, but never got anywhere.
That's what happens when idiots are in the management team. The Chargers were very respectable with Schottenheimer. I thought that they were on the way to replacing the Patriots as the AFC dominant team; but of course, I was wrong. Now, with the way history turned out for them, the firing of Schottenheimer proves to be a big mistake. Now, whether or not Schottenheimer would have succeeded in the playoffs -- we'll never know other than base his long track record on that subject. At least, the old coach won something - in some other league.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 21:14   Link #6362
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
As for the Niners... yea. They'll have another shot at this. As for the 5-0 Super Bowl record currently standing, a 1 in the loss column isn't gonna hurt them all that much.
Who knows… The Niners are playing in what's shaping to be new toughest division in football, and one only needs to go across the bay find a QB that knows about what playing in the toughest division in football is like and how it can ruin a career.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 21:23   Link #6363
Samari
World's Greatest

The Seahawks are up and coming. Russell Wilson looks like the next Joe Montana for real. I really hope win the trophy this season to ease the pain of the next few years. At least I'd have bragging rights for a little while.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 01:40   Link #6364
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
The Seahawks are up and coming. Russell Wilson looks like the next Joe Montana for real. I really hope win the trophy this season to ease the pain of the next few years. At least I'd have bragging rights for a little while.
The Rams also look like they're up and coming as well, and all The Cards need to bring themselves back to relevance is a decent QB. Meanwhile, The AFC West is getting even more interesting in the Chinese sense of the word, could we finally be seeing the hype pendulum swing back to the West Coast?
Old 2013-01-25, 11:17   Link #6365
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
The Rams also look like they're up and coming as well, and all The Cards need to bring themselves back to relevance is a decent QB. Meanwhile, The AFC West is getting even more interesting in the Chinese sense of the word, could we finally be seeing the hype pendulum swing back to the West Coast?
I think the Cardinals need to get an offensive line before they look for a QB.
VTHokiePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 11:32   Link #6366
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
I think the Cardinals need to get an offensive line before they look for a QB.
As a Cardinal fan, I have to say that a stable QB is VERY important to have at this point. Kolb showed SOME ability at the beginning of the year but he just seems to get injured very easily (though this could be due to the line like you said). Skelton seems to be too inconsistent. The Cardinals just need a QB they can rally around. That's not something they have had since Warner.
Old 2013-01-25, 17:14   Link #6367
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
As a Cardinal fan, I have to say that a stable QB is VERY important to have at this point. Kolb showed SOME ability at the beginning of the year but he just seems to get injured very easily (though this could be due to the line like you said). Skelton seems to be too inconsistent. The Cardinals just need a QB they can rally around. That's not something they have had since Warner.
The thing is, I thought he just had a terrible offensive line. His throwing needs some fine tuning, but he didn't seem to have enough time in the pocket. If the Cardinals get a new QB, I think that guy needs to able to move around in the pocket or extend a play with his legs. I'm not sure who the Cardinals should take in the first round. None of the QB's available are outstanding like Luck and RG3. Geno Smith would seem the best choice for them, but I'm not sure if they'll be able to grab him since the Chiefs need to address their situation at QB, too.
VTHokiePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 18:26   Link #6368
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Super Bowl Monday? Petition asks White House for day off after big game
http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon...ition/1863745/

YES! LET IT BECOME LAW!!

While the Super Bowl had become a defacto national holiday -- does it honestly need a national holiday right after? For all the hang overs, despair (losers), and happy people?

Nah. But it'd be cool.
Old 2013-01-26, 05:59   Link #6369
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:

YES! LET IT BECOME LAW!!

While the Super Bowl had become a defacto national holiday -- does it honestly need a national holiday right after? For all the hang overs, despair (losers), and happy people?

Nah. But it'd be cool.
Well, follow the NFL is approaching the status of America's top national religion, so I guess it could make sense.
Old 2013-01-26, 13:42   Link #6370
Soverence

Quote:

YES! LET IT BECOME LAW!!

Nah. But it'd be cool.
A free day off will always be welcomed by the American people

But yeah, I can't see them ever doing this. The best suggestion I have heard if people are actually worried about the day after the Super Bowl, was move the Super Bowl back to Saturday. The NFL is playing more games on Saturday now anyway and I am pretty sure they wouldn't lose viewership because of it.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 15:57   Link #6371
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

moving it to Saturday would be great for me since I have Fridays and Saturdays off
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 23:13   Link #6372
Yye1
Wide Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
All they need is a QB, their defense is very good and any recieving core with Larry Fitzgerald wont be bad. How many games did they lose last year due to incompetence at QB?
As for Kolb, he only showed ability in a few starts at QB and his true ability, or lack thereof, at QB is now showing. Not gonna be surprised if the Cards release him

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 19:36   Link #6373
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Bruce Arians, who filled in for Chuck Pagano at Indy this year, has been signed as the new head coach of the Arizona Cardinals.
Old 2013-01-27, 20:20   Link #6374
GDB

That happened over a week ago (19th, by what I can find).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 19:06   Link #6375
Yye1
Wide Right

hmm arizona likes to hire coaches that used to work for the steelers huh first wisenhunt now arians

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 20:34   Link #6376
Kyuu
=^^=

Now this is cool:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/1/2...6/nfl-fans-map

Basically, the NFL fan territory map based on Facebook likes.
Old 2013-01-28, 21:01   Link #6377
sky black swordman

Quite the interesting map. I wonder if the SD Chargers fan territory will change if they move to L.A.
Old 2013-01-29, 14:15   Link #6378
sky black swordman

Sorry for the double post.

Here some interesting news....well not really. It only concerns NY Jets fans, The former No. 1 overall pick of the Oakland Raiders and who generally is referred to as the league’s all-time biggest bust last week was reported that he is aiming to make a comeback by gauging his interest at next month’s NFL Combine.

Why does it only concerns NY Jets fans? Jets consider JaMarcus Russell.
Old 2013-01-29, 16:38   Link #6379
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Quite the interesting map. I wonder if the SD Chargers fan territory will change if they move to L.A.
No way. The area is way to infested with Raider fans. And it's really funny as to how the Raider fans are distributed.
Old 2013-01-29, 17:24   Link #6380
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Now this is cool:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/1/2...6/nfl-fans-map

Basically, the NFL fan territory map based on Facebook likes.
I like the Hawaii and Alaska inclusion. I wonder what makes them lean towards those teams? Family connections to the area?
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports