AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2022-07-12, 08:49   Link #61
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Well that report is paywalled. Gotta find a way.

And yeah, I'm not sure where else to compare the Japanese media situation. Closest I can think of is in the Philippines... Well aside from ABS-CBN being closed and Rappler being threatened because Duterte hates a certain reporter.

I remember hearing from someone that while Abe is a right-winger by default like most of the prime ministers in Japan (That online post is long gone? I dunno where it went to), the situation in Japan (with stability in jobs and other aspects of life) is seen as progressive.

If I can find that post again, I'll share it.

----

In other news, Kirigaya Funeral Hall is the final place where Abe's body will be cremated.

As of now, I'll be keeping an eye on the investigation.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-12, 08:53   Link #62
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Grr… This one should be free.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ial-rapporteur
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-12, 09:22   Link #63
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
I feel like this view (or using fascist) is a word that's easily thrown around.

While people dislike (and I do agree in some aspects) that Abe and his family have "interesting links" with religious groups like the Unification Church and the scandals that came around him with the LDP alongside the usual downplay of what Imperial Japan did, Abe didn't do anything that would suggest a dictatorship and there's no major cases of election fraud nor is there any cases of the media being "attacked".

Personally, I'd throw those in with Duterte (and maybe Marcos Jr.).
I would compare Shinzo Abe with Ronald Reagan. Obviously the USA is not a dictatorship, but IMO he weakened the democracy in said country (gop legislators didn't use to be spineless minions) and is the main reason there is today a clear and present danger of the USA doing the oligarch model (I call it neo-feudalism) putin implemented in russia in the near future.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-12, 09:26   Link #64
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Well that report is paywalled. Gotta find a way.

And yeah, I'm not sure where else to compare the Japanese media situation.
You could compare it with SG's I guess....But unlike SG, at least Japan still has some opposition media in the Asahi.

Hell, the most I heard about the CDPJ and the commies are the leaflets they distribute to our homes. If you weren't interested enough to Google their manifestos after that I don't think you would here anything else about them. Pity....They are both pretty solid lately. They actually have quite a following where I am.

Actually LDP and PAP have both been dominating for around the same length of time and the sense I am getting is that the on the ground social sentiment is similar in both countries

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2022-07-12 at 09:40.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-12, 10:26   Link #65
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

It's only a shame that the opposition can't pounce on the LDP. Although a few people like Renho was able to retain her seat.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2022-07-13, 00:34   Link #66
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

UC Japan reps confirms that Yamagami's mom is a member, but they refuse to say anything about the donations.

Old 2022-07-13, 22:30   Link #67
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Beijing is not pleased that the Taiwanese Vice-President visited Tokyo to pay respects and to see Akie Abe.

Old 2022-07-14, 06:36   Link #68
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Why would Xi need to invade Taiwan? It makes even less sense than Putin invading Ukraine
The West is paranoid of that happening. A lot of people fail to realize that it's harder for both countries to separate from each other. Taiwan sees itself as the true Government of China while China sees Taiwan as already a part of the mainland. China is fine letting the status quo remain as long as no outsiders meddle in the issue.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-14, 17:44   Link #69
ramlaen

Status quo in China's eyes means its neighbors being obedient little brothers.

Last edited by ramlaen; 2022-07-14 at 17:56.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-14, 18:50   Link #70
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Depends on the party in power in Taiwan. The old party believes they are the legitimate government of China, while the current party in power is for an independent Taiwan without the claim on the mainland.
Old 2022-07-15, 07:06   Link #71
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

NHK (World) reports that possible security reviews will be made on how SPs can protect VIPs "better".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzLN_FPNMKs

Old 2022-07-16, 23:04   Link #72
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Video of Abe's hearse entering the Kantei and out before passing the entrance to the Diet.

Old 2022-08-01, 00:03   Link #73
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2...ntroversy.html

Seems that the LDP is brushing off their links to the UC.

Typical.

Old 2022-08-09, 10:47   Link #74
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2...next-week.html

I'll wait and see if Kishida's really going to make his prospective cabinet members (in the reshuffle) get assessed if they have UC links.

Old 2022-09-02, 20:42   Link #75
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Protest over plans to give Abe a state funeral.