2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-05-05, 09:34   Link #341
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
10 billion according to DYRL. Also it isn't fair to say that as those that joined Vrlitwhai didn't shoot at Earth but tried to defend humans as best they can. Out of more than a thousand ships that joined Vrlitwhai and UN Spacy only less than a hundred ships survived. Most of the Boddole Zer main fleet folded away from Earth. 8 million Zentradi joined Earth society with 70% choosing to go Miclone.
Yeah, 99% of humanity lost their lives that day between 9 ~ 10 billion according to official books.

Even Boddole Zer did not initially just want to burn Earth into a red-hot coal. Until he was snubbed, of course. Then he decided to grill Earth with the slowest methods he knew how.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-05, 10:02   Link #342
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Episode 4 shows that Mikumo and Freyja are more effective and powerful when singing together as they boost each other. In fact, the one thing about Freyja the Walkure team is most interested in is her ability to sync and boost Mikumo's song. So there's an idea being developed here, about Mikumo and Freyja singing together to accomplish things they wouldn't be able to do on their own (think Chieri and Nagisa from AKB0048). That would be lost if they make Mikumo a traitor or something like that, so I think it's unlikely.
Never watched AKB0048, so I can't really say.

But the shota is dying so there's a need for a replacement, sooner or later. As strong as him if not even stronger, and the most close candidates are Mikumo and Frejya.
Unless, well, the whole Delta Squadron won't side with the Windmere. But that's doesn't seem a possibility.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-05, 10:50   Link #343
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Never watched AKB0048, so I can't really say.

But the shota is dying so there's a need for a replacement, sooner or later. As strong as him if not even stronger, and the most close candidates are Mikumo and Frejya.
Unless, well, the whole Delta Squadron won't side with the Windmere. But that's doesn't seem a possibility.
If a bigger enemy does exist, and Windermer and Delta Squadron band together against it, I'm sure Mikumo and Frejya will take control of the relics together. I just don't think the story is going to separate Mikumo and Frejya in different sides, when it seems invested in developing how they can achieve greater things when they're together.
Old 2016-05-05, 11:52   Link #344
ReddyRedWolf

My prediction is that there is no bigger bad but some of the Aerial Knights switching sides as the one in charge would lead to Windermere's own destruction.

We've seen this before in SDF Macross with the Zentradi contaminated by culture saving themselves from being purged, with Sivil and Gigil, with Brera in both continuities as well as Grace in the movies.

Also there are parallels to Macross II with Windermere thinking they are the chosen race like the Marduk and Freyja being captivated by Earther culture like Ishtar. Question who is the Feff equivalent and the Ingues equivalent.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-05, 14:56   Link #345
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Just stop that,
Dude, I'll tell you something which will BLOW YOUR MIND:

Just because you tell me to "stop", I'm not going to do so.

Crazy, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
attacking them means, they were target. But if Windemere blew whole planet full of civilians because they didn't care, they weren't attacking civilians, they just blew planet with civilians on it. Using "deliberate" is even worse misuse of word.
They used a weapon which is known to make Zentradi run amok on a Zentradi military base next to a city full of civilians. It hardly gets more deliberate than that. So maybe you will want to educate yourself of what "deliberate" means, before making such laughable comments.

The rest of your comment is so incoherent that I don't even know what point you are trying to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I agree, but are you aware how many countries are guilty of that? Just look it up on wiki "bombing of Dresden" or "bombing of Tokyo". They razed to the grounds entire cities, mainly civilian houses, resulting in thousands of civilian deaths.
Yes, those examples are what I (and many scholars) also consider war crimes. The winners write the history, though, and all the people who made those decisions are dead by now.

The whole thing with the Windermerans is something which we are witnessing right now (even though, of course, it's fictional). But we are here to discuss the anime and its ramifications for the characters and the story of the Macross universe, after all.
Old 2016-05-05, 17:53   Link #346
Annorax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I agree, but are you aware how many countries are guilty of that? Just look it up on wiki "bombing of Dresden" or "bombing of Tokyo". They razed to the grounds entire cities, mainly civilian houses, resulting in thousands of civilian deaths.
Eh so? You can name however much bombing in WW2 you want, the point being?

Strange tendency these days, someone/some group/whatever did something bad and people will quickly pull out some shit from other events in history, or pointing fingers to that person/group/whatever's opposition.
Annorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-06, 01:15   Link #347
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Exclamation

From this point forward, please use the Macross Delta - Anime Spoilers, Speculation & Theories thread for all the off-topic discussion not related to episode 5 (and ALL episodes going forward).

Thank you.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-06, 05:35   Link #348
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annorax View Post
Eh so? You can name however much bombing in WW2 you want, the point being?

Strange tendency these days, someone/some group/whatever did something bad and people will quickly pull out some shit from other events in history, or pointing fingers to that person/group/whatever's opposition.
Strange? what is weird about using precedents from our history. Ignoring these would be much weirder
Old 2016-05-06, 12:12   Link #349
Darthtabby

I found this episode somewhat disappointing. Having the Aerial Knights disengage and leave off screen was kind of anticlimactic. Also Freyja seems remarkably nonchalant about finding out that her people are the enemy. I'd have thought she'd feel more conflicted about that.

The bit with Freyja singing in the back of Hayate's dancing valkyrie was pretty fun though. (Although I feel like she should have been wearing a safety harness during those maneuvers -what is it with this series and not having characters wear proper protective gear while flying?)
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-06, 15:38   Link #350
magnuskn

Well, they pretty clearly have some form of limited inertial compensators and gravity control.
Old 2016-05-06, 15:59   Link #351
Gravitas Free Zone

If they didn't, they'd be chunky salsa.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-06, 16:12   Link #352
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
The bit with Freyja singing in the back of Hayate's dancing valkyrie was pretty fun though. (Although I feel like she should have been wearing a safety harness during those maneuvers -what is it with this series and not having characters wear proper protective gear while flying?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Well, they pretty clearly have some form of limited inertial compensators and gravity control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas Free Zone View Post
If they didn't, they'd be chunky salsa.
In Frontier, ex-gear allowed pilots to perform complex maneuvers without suffering G-Force.

In Delta, the system is built in. In previous episodes, this was explained.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-06, 17:13   Link #353
Gravitas Free Zone

The YF-24 had both the early Inertia Store Converter and EX-Gear support. The ISC should be the more important part.

Anyway, it's a lot of effort to get around not having to put a helmet on Hayate.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-06, 18:00   Link #354
magnuskn

Damn, what would we do without our lore experts to give us info?