AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 23 Discussion / Poll
Perfect 10 24 36.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 30.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 24.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.62%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.54%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-10, 10:32   Link #41
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Lol, nice work Mentar.
You took a bit more drastically that it really is. Though to be frank the anime's developments are kind of unreal anyways.It makes Tsukasa look like a real nutcase. At least the manga went in a set direction. Oh well...

Still, I like this arc quite much.
I rank it as the same as Kaoru's. If they pull out an epic finale I am sure consider Tsukasa's arc as my favorite.

@kache: She didn't remove it. Only forcefully put her mask back on...even before Tachibana. The anime doesn't get through to explain but Tsukasa has a rather low self-esteem. I guess she forces herself to wear that mask for the sake of her "happiness" and a successful Christmas event.
Old 2010-12-10, 10:37   Link #42
Aqua Knight

And I'm still waiting for the 4th final episode to come to watch it in one night, though I am very tempted to read through this topic

...ughh..
Old 2010-12-10, 10:45   Link #43
Gault
inc_mplete

I like what you wrote Mentar and I'll agree on it
Old 2010-12-10, 10:46   Link #44
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
@kache: She didn't remove it. Only forcefully put her mask back on...even before Tachibana. The anime doesn't get through to explain but Tsukasa has a rather low self-esteem. I guess she forces herself to wear that mask for the sake of her "happiness" and a successful Christmas event.
Ok, when where is the problem? In the fact that she is wearing the mask with him?
Because before that she always used the mask with everyone anyway, didn't she?

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

Old 2010-12-10, 10:54   Link #45
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
Ok, when where is the problem? In the fact that she is wearing the mask with him?
Because before that she always used the mask with everyone anyway, didn't she?
Read what I wrote. It's worse this time. She isn't merely using the Facade anymore, she's now trying to BECOME the Facade. She's trying to suppress the Inner personality now.
Old 2010-12-10, 10:54   Link #46
alpha69

already the best Arc in this series, f^ck yeah Ayatsuji! Cliffhanger at the end.... damn I want episode 24 now! =O
Old 2010-12-10, 11:37   Link #47
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

Mentar pretty much summed up almost the whole plot of this arc. Now all that is left is for Tachibana to do justice to revive Ayatsuji's true self!

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~
Old 2010-12-10, 11:45   Link #48
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Read what I wrote. It's worse this time. She isn't merely using the Facade anymore, she's now trying to BECOME the Facade. She's trying to suppress the Inner personality now.
Bad ending.

This is like what they did with Ai's arc. They're going to cram all of her endings into the anime.
Old 2010-12-10, 11:50   Link #49
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Pretty great episode. How about this twist (doubt it happens). What if Tsukasa dies (she has collapsed several times, over taxes herself, and did have a random nosebleed)?
Old 2010-12-10, 12:34   Link #50
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Very nice analysis, Mentar and Key board. Even if she isn't my favorite (yet), I have to admit Ayatsuji is by far the most interesting character this show has had to offer.
Old 2010-12-10, 12:35   Link #51
tsunade666

they won't include that kind of plot twist where the heroine dies. Do they want to murder the story if that happens.

Nice review mentar.
Old 2010-12-10, 12:58   Link #52
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
-CUT-
Thank you for the analysis. It really makes everything easy to understand.
May I pose you a question? If you were to fall in the Junichi's situation, would you have been able to do all this analysis and behave the proper way with her? Or this is something only we, as external viewers, are able to understand?

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

Old 2010-12-10, 13:03   Link #53
justavisitor

wow, what a detailed analysis from Mentar..and I think you are right on the mark..good job!!

10/10 for this episode...now will we have a good ending, or best ending in the next episode??
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2010-12-10, 13:07   Link #54
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The speed of Ayatsuji's romantic development was a clue that she was unbalanced. And so was how she confessed: almost like a vampire taking a slave. But that doesn't mean I didn't adore that scene. Powerful stuff.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2010-12-10, 13:35   Link #55
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
May I pose you a question? If you were to fall in the Junichi's situation, would you have been able to do all this analysis and behave the proper way with her? Or this is something only we, as external viewers, are able to understand?
Heh ^_^; ... I think Junichi had the chance of a snowball in hell.

The difference would be that I'd probably try to find out about her more, and I'd definitely chase after her to apologize and find out why she was reacting in such an extreme way.

I mean hey, even with the knowledge we as omniscient viewer I was totally stumped after episode 3 (see my first post). It took rewatching the critical scene 2 more times and some thoughts from Key Board before we could start making heads and tails out of it. No way in hell you could do that in the middle of the crisis.

Anyway, I want ep4 real soon now. Waiting for a week is mean >_<
Old 2010-12-10, 13:39   Link #56
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

8/10

My fears have been confirmed!!! The writers are concentrating too much on the festival instead of the budding relationship between Tsukasa and Junichi!!! So basically the main question now is..."Will the Founder's Festival be successful and will it bring Tsukasa pride and glory?" Its not that I hate the idea but Amagami is supposed to be a romance anime. And they still didn't explain the reason why Tsukasa hates her family.

And the writers made Tsukasa burn the notebook!!! Now we will never know if its a death note or notebook ala Kintaro Oe...Lastly, the confession was rushed. It didn't even have a proper build up. And for some reason it reminded me of Edward Elrich's confession in FMA brotherhood...

Too many themes in a very much constrained four episode arc.
Old 2010-12-10, 14:17   Link #57
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Good grief... this episode, Jun'ichi really was a terrible jerk
  • First, he tells Ayatsuji to open up.
  • Then she then really does open up and, for the first time, gives that nasty bitching girl a fitting and well-deserved reply
  • She's happy about not having to hide behind a facade anymore and thus gets her courage together and asks him out, and he agrees.
  • The bitching girl, not happy about her defeat, starts bullying her (e.g. dodgeball), but she has Kaoru and others who support her, so she can deal with it.
  • However, this also means that bitch girl and Co. don't help anymore. Ayatsuji still has a few helping but sends her home in the evening, trying to do everything by herself (probably out of habit, as she never relied on anyone before).
  • She's happy when Jun'ichi returns, but instead of helping her, he stabs her in the back and tells he he liked he sweet facade better. (I somewhat expected her to say "Et tu, Brutus?" at that point.) A slap was much too little... if it was me, I would've kicked him in the balls for that betrayal
  • The next day, as a result of the trauma she suffered from that, she has obviously decided to kill off her true, inner self and just be the sweet facade anymore
Jun'ichi then finally noticed that something went wrong - too late though. I wonder how he wants to repair the damage again, after he did break Ayatsuji... the situation is quite dire indeed, as alos pointed out by Mentar:

Quote:
Deconstructing Ayatsuji - An Attempt to Put Together the Puzzle Pieces
The Broken Ayatsuji: Hardcore Facade up to Self-Denial

After the guy she loved rejected her true, Inner being once more (her parents were the first), the heartbroken Tsukasa gives up. The saying is "once bitten, twice shy", and that was the second bite she got. So she tries to purge the remains of her true, Inner personality for the sake of a successful festival! And to stay close to the guy she has feelings for! He wants the Facade! So be it. I'm obviously worthless anyway.

This is why Ayatsuji started to talk about that "stubborn girl" that doesn't "exist anymore". While in the past, she was wearing the Facade while she felt she had to, she is now trying to deny her real personality and BECOME the Facade. The Inner Ayatsuji is trying to commit emotional suicide and leave the Facade behind. Isn't that what you wanted? Let's kiss and celebrate!

Chilling and terribly tragic.
Old 2010-12-10, 17:14   Link #58
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Overall great episode, good to see Tsukasa avoided the "third episode curse of non-sense" that the other arcs all seemed to get hit by .

Quote:
At the end of ep23, her "outer shell" has taken over. She said it herself - "this girl doesn't exist anymore".

It will be interesting to see how he will manage to undo the damage...
Hmm, despite the parts you've posted, I don't think she could do that herself, and my first thought honestly after I had watched the episode; I had felt who saw at the end maybe wasn't Tsukasa as she couldn't stand putting up her facade again, but instead she might have asked her Older Sister to apologize to them for her and act as "Tsukasa" for that day because the personality present there seemed much more her sister's than her Facade to me.

Also I don't think what Junichi said was the same as "I like the Facade better", but rather it was needed for the sake of the festival, ie not his personally preference.
MAL
Old 2010-12-10, 17:36   Link #59
aldw

No time to watch this just yet, but I have no doubt however that Junichi will apologize and explain himself to help resolve things

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2010-12-10, 17:39   Link #60
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Hmm, despite the parts you've posted, I don't think she could do that herself, and my first thought honestly after I had watched the episode; I had felt who saw at the end maybe wasn't Tsukasa as she couldn't stand putting up her facade again, but instead she might have asked her Older Sister to apologize to them for her and act as "Tsukasa" for that day because the personality present there seemed much more her sister's than her Facade to me.
Makes no sense whatsoever though. She obviously detests her sister, so she'd be the last to ask for help. Besides, even if she did, Yukari were willing and able to (she's been an airhead so far), she can hardly be briefed to know everything.

Nah, that's Tsukasa for sure. Next ep will show it.

Quote:
Also I don't think what Junichi said was the same as "I like the Facade better", but rather it was needed for the sake of the festival, ie not his personally preference.
You didn't understand what I wrote. Of course, he meant that "for the sake of the festival", he doesn't even know that there are two Tsukasa personalities out there in the first place (Inner and Facade). But this is how it seemed for Tsukasa. This is how she took it.
Closed Thread