AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-02-02, 18:58   Link #25001
AdventSleeper

Whew, it's been a long, good run. I think the amount of discussion in this thread is testament to that.

However, I'm glad to see it end, so that I can look forward to the author's next work!
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 19:16   Link #25002
Manic
real men love pink

haha yeah ppl unhappy with the ending, sorry to say but most mangas and LN have crap endings. Ive started to believe over the years they can start a story out really well over there, but its either cus of how ive been raised in the states or i dunno what, it just seems they cant write endings worth a damn. 80-90% of them are terrible, its like they can think up the beginning and middle but get lost with the end over the years. I can only think of a handful i was happy with like fma and buso renkin
Old 2014-02-02, 20:53   Link #25003
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventSleeper View Post
However, I'm glad to see it end, so that I can look forward to the author's next work!
Any news on whether or not Ikeda Akihisa will start working on a new series in the near future?
Old 2014-02-02, 21:26   Link #25004
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Tears in my eyes......

Akasha
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 21:57   Link #25005
lordstarkiller

Is it true that if Tsukune does not pledge his love for Kurumu, she will die. So if it ends with Tsukune and Moka then would that mean kurume will die.
lordstarkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 22:07   Link #25006
Tenzen12

Well, Kurumu still has Mizore...
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 23:55   Link #25007
Pablete
Banned

Do you really think Kurumu and Mizore will just give up, guys? Really!?

The rape is imminent...
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 00:00   Link #25008
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

I felt the situation with Inner & Outer Moka should have been handled differently. Outer Moka was a significant character in the entire run of series, to the plot and main character. The last chapter basically wrote her off as a fragment of Akasha, and not as a separate, different person, with her own life, experiences, and memories. At the very least Outer Moka didn't deserve to get "merged" with Akasha and pass on to the next world or something with Alucard of all people. That was my only gripe with this series ending. It didn't feel right....
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 00:12   Link #25009
kagato3

All and all a satisfying ending. I feel most of the plot points were decently foreshadowed. Liked that it wasn't poof humans and yokai are now friends but it will be a long and hard road with hints that the author still has stories about this universe so maybe there will be a continuation. hints that Kahlua may not be dead and They still have the Rosario so there is still a slim chance of Outer's return.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 00:15   Link #25010
Fwarlord

I applause the author for having guts to give us an ending like this. Not only the protagonist's true love is actually part of his supposed mother in law which mean she didn't really "exist" from the start but also she died in the end leaving him behind for eternity. It's pretty original, I think.

About Issa, he must be too ashamed to show up since both his wife and daughter fall head over heel to a boy who is his daughter's classmate.
Old 2014-02-03, 01:19   Link #25011
KLGChaos
The Shermain

So, after being disappointed by the dragged out generic action for the last three years, it ends with a lame ending where the personality I liked dies? I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. I don't think I've read a truly good ending to a series since Full Metal Alchemist finished. Apparently, it's extremely hard for mangakas to wrap up their stories neatly.

Ah well... Guess I won't go back and read the chapters I missed. Yet another series I started out loving and turned into something I didn't recognize in the end.
Old 2014-02-03, 01:34   Link #25012
liemtodaisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
I applause the author for having guts to give us an ending like this. Not only the protagonist's true love is actually part of his supposed mother in law which mean she didn't really "exist" from the start but also she died in the end leaving him behind for eternity. It's pretty original, I think.

About Issa, he must be too ashamed to show up since both his wife and daughter fall head over heel to a boy who is his daughter's classmate.
Mother in law as love interest, this is somehow giving me a weird boner .
There's gonna be an epilogue chapter, isn't it. So Let's wait and see how it's gonna end.
liemtodaisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 01:35   Link #25013
n0m@n
C-Z

Omote Moka is a Milf~~
Now wonder she had all those guys wanting to rape her at the school...
Old 2014-02-03, 02:29   Link #25014
dragon1412

basically, i will wait for season 3, there are too many unanswered question, and the author deliberately leave some room for story at later. I personally cannot accept of this method of dealing with Omote Moka, at least the only OTP in this series is Omote x Tsukune, Ura have decent character development in season 2 but i still thinks it's not enough.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 02:51   Link #25015
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

A bit strange for a harem manga to have both endings: one where the first girl wins, and another where all the girls win. What about Ura though? I thought Tsukune fully accepted her in the last chapter? Argh, confused.... XD
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 02:53   Link #25016
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I knew "Outer" Moka was just a personality fabricated by Akasha, but I didn't know she really was Akasha

And what about Issa? The chapter made it look like Akasha and Alucard were destined to be together and her husband didn't matter at all
Me neither, I definitely didn't see that coming. I'm certain Akasha didn't see how Tsukune would become so attached to "Outer" Moka either. Even to the end, he is such a baka.

I wouldn't say they were meant to be together, she was a child when he was who knows how old. He was her king, so of course she'd follow him, since her real family had been slaughtered by humans. And I'm all but certain he was the one who made her a Shinso, how sad they ended up as enemies. But now it's all over, save for the epilogue. Until then...
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 03:07   Link #25017
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Maybe i'm alone with this but i'm having trouble to believe that Moka is really Issa and Akasha's child. I really have no logical explanation of why i believe this though. Ever since Alucard was introduced i always got the feeling that we will have some 'plot twist' that Alucard is actually Moka's father. Also, you end your series without even showing the 'father' that much.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 03:49   Link #25018
n0m@n
C-Z

Season 3 will be the "Rescue Akasha/Moka Acr"! Tsukune and co will turned into third year as well as Gin who is repeating a year......I wish.....
Old 2014-02-03, 04:17   Link #25019
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladrave View Post
Maybe i'm alone with this but i'm having trouble to believe that Moka is really Issa and Akasha's child. I really have no logical explanation of why i believe this though. Ever since Alucard was introduced i always got the feeling that we will have some 'plot twist' that Alucard is actually Moka's father. Also, you end your series without even showing the 'father' that much.
Maybe it's true and Akasha was already pregnant when Issa rescued her from Alucard's body. I mean she was flooded in his body fluid all the time...
Old 2014-02-03, 04:33   Link #25020
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Season 3 will be the "Rescue Akasha/Moka Acr"! Tsukune and co will turned into third year as well as Gin who is repeating a year......I wish.....
actually there are many person speculate this at the moment.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire