Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2014-10-28, 16:13   Link #321
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
But it's like the first Macross series pushed into overdrive!!
Oh trust me... I watched it numerous, numerous times. To the point where some of the corniest parts of the damn series are stuck in my head!

And the only reason why I even punished myself so, is because Macross 7 contained invaluable numerical data in regards to the extent of technological progress humanity managed to accomplish by that point

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 16:22   Link #322
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Oh trust me... I watched it numerous, numerous times. To the point where some of the corniest parts of the damn series are stuck in my head!

And the only reason why I even punished myself so, is because Macross 7 contained invaluable numerical data in regards to the extent of technological progress humanity managed to accomplish by that point

- Tak
Macross 7: You'll come for the raw data, but you'll stay for the BOMBAAA!!!

Again, I do kinda hope the new series has a character like Basara in it.
Old 2014-10-28, 16:56   Link #323
Tak

I think I remember why now.

I stumbled across some sort of Real Robot vs. discussion, then I realized I didn't actually need raw data. All I needed was Basara. Insert him into any discussion and you automatically win.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2014-10-28, 23:22   Link #324
YF19EX

I really liked Macross 7. Although Basara was a terrible character. Took the artist thing too seriously. It was the side characters that made Macross 7. I did like the music, although after playing Planet Dance after the 10th ep, it was getting old. Macross 7 could have probably told its story in 25 eps and not over 50.

I have met Kawamori, heck he sketched a VF-1 in my Macross DYRL movie book and an Escaflowne on my Movie Poster. I have mad props for his mechanical and drawing skills. But I have not been impressed with his personal take on works. I think it was Ishiguro that brought out the best in the TV and DYRL. Kawamori's attempt at writing series has not been too compelling for me. I am actually hoping he sticks to the mecha design and not writing and direction of this Macross series.

Last edited by YF19EX; 2014-10-28 at 23:33.
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 00:06   Link #325
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by YF19EX View Post
I have met Kawamori, heck he sketched a VF-1 in my Macross DYRL movie book and an Escaflowne on my Movie Poster.
Hey look, right behind you!!

*Smacks YF19EX while he isn't looking*

*Steals movie book & poster*

THEM MINE NOW!

- Tak

Old 2014-10-29, 00:12   Link #326
YF19EX

*Gets in YF-19 Excalibur*

Don't think you can run from my name sake Valkyrie!
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 05:39   Link #327
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
honestly, I'm a bit anxious about Kawamori writing for this because Nobunaga The Fool was a let down
not sure if that was his fault or not

but I really do think he should stick to designing the mechs
He seems to be best when he is tempered with another seasoned writer to curb his excesses.
Old 2014-10-29, 10:38   Link #328
Tak

Kawamori is the anime George Lucas.

He is able to create vast & wonderful worlds, but has trouble formulating smaller details while having a tendency to add unnecessary ones.

At least he isn't the corniest writer on the planet, in contrast to the self-admitted Lucas.

- Tak

Old 2014-10-29, 11:00   Link #329
magnuskn

Alto: I hate sand...

Old 2014-10-29, 11:31   Link #330
dmaxzero

To be perfectly honest, what killed Macross 7 for me, flat and uniformly; was the playing music in space, and firing bullets that use music and armors that use speakers in space, piloting a machine while playing the guitar or drums... Kawamori, have mercy of me.

Many will say I am stoopid for this biased dislike of the show, but can´t help it.

I know the argument, I know the reasoning, but I don´t accept it.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 12:30   Link #331
Tak

Interestingly, Kawamori had very little to do with Seven...

To be honest, I have seen a lot of weird stuff from HoryFroatingHead, but nothing he does is as peculiar as Macross 7.

Though I wish I could see more of Rex and Emilia

Spoiler for Mylene, eat your heart out.:

- Tak (On a different note, Macross 7 is pretty much the closest thing you have to a Macross harem series)

Last edited by Tak; 2014-10-29 at 13:48.
Old 2014-10-29, 15:02   Link #332
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Guys, you're too nuclear.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 12:33   Link #333
Tak

Nuclear?

Bud, in the world of Macross, we dump black-holes like its nobody's business!!

- Tak

Old 2014-10-30, 16:19   Link #334
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Interestingly, Kawamori had very little to do with Seven...
The idea of a singing pilot was Kawamori's. Though yeah, Seven shows that his degree of personal involvement has not been consistent across the various Macross series.

Now Zero, there's a series where Kawamori was heavily involved in the story.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 07:56   Link #335
dmaxzero

Zero started promising. But I always though it was going to be about the rebuild of the Macross fortress, then the story focused on some singing natives and things went weird.

Though, some of the best Valkyrie combat action are in that show.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 10:42   Link #336
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

I'm all for this upcoming installation! Love triangle? Damn right I'm waiting for it, you guys can have your robots and epic skygasmic battles blahblah. There's a little something in it for everyone. Cheers to another round very soon!

(...I'm just hoping it won't end up like the Naruto fandom meltdown happening right now, I'm not even in the damn fandom and yet I still caught wind of it; that shipper war and massive gloatings/hysteria is enough to make you want to bang your head and never wake up...)

Peace.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 11:04   Link #337
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
I'm all for this upcoming installation! Love triangle? Damn right I'm waiting for it, you guys can have your robots and epic skygasmic battles blahblah. There's a little something in it for everyone. Cheers to another round very soon!

(...I'm just hoping it won't end up like the Naruto fandom meltdown happening right now, I'm not even in the damn fandom and yet I still caught wind of it; that shipper war and massive gloatings/hysteria is enough to make you want to bang your head and never wake up...)

Peace.
I kinda want to check it out...but then again I don't. The scars from that Frontier war are still aching...so unlike you, I really don't want another shipping war here!

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 11:19   Link #338
Tak

KARICE!!

I just came back from the land down under!!

- Tak

Old 2014-11-07, 11:31   Link #339
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Ah but really, Frontier shipping snipes could be labeled as such -- snipes, causing little ripples here and there. Naruto, otoh, managed to elevate itself to the ranks of epic wankfest in the same manner as the few names that defined this very trope: forum lockdowns, shippers hurling everything and their kitchen sinks at one another, crazy conspiracy theories flying around, having meltdowns... in real life. To sum up a few.

In other words, you may check it out... Perhaps then, you'll be ready for any war!

Enough off topic ness, sorry about that, all. Bottom line: YAY Macross. Here's hoping to see Sheryl again, the the form of a cameo at least.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 11:47   Link #340
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
Ah but really, Frontier shipping snipes could be labeled as such -- snipes, causing little ripples here and there. Naruto, otoh, managed to elevate itself to the ranks of epic wankfest in the same manner as the few names that defined this very trope: forum lockdowns, shippers hurling everything and their kitchen sinks at one another, crazy conspiracy theories flying around, having meltdowns... in real life. To sum up a few.

In other words, you may check it out... Perhaps then, you'll be ready for any war!

Enough off topic ness, sorry about that, all. Bottom line: YAY Macross. Here's hoping to see Sheryl again, the the form of a cameo at least.
hm...does it beat the Harry Potter one? I only ever got a glimpse of it, years after the fact, but that's the scariest one I've ever seen...

But agreed, no more OT!

I'm actually happy not seeing any of the Frontier mains, I must admit. Well...considering that the three of them would only be 24-25 years old, then we should at least be seeing/hearing about the activities of the two girls!

Admittedly, I'm not sure what my interest level in Macross is at the moment. I've even found it difficult to motivate myself to go to a Macross Cafe collaboration thing (the food doesn't look appealing, especially when compared to the noitaminA one)...but when we get more details about this series, I'll probably start getting more excited. ^^

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote