AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/stay Night Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 198 45.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 88 20.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 70 16.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 32 7.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 2.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 8 1.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.46%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 0.46%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.23%
1 out of 10 : Painful 22 5.06%
Voters: 435. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-06-16, 20:48   Link #81
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Ok, thanks for the explaination. I always though the Eirei are heros from the past that died, then they were summoned. That's why I was a little confused. Does anyone know why Shirou'd father failed to destroy the Holy Grail last time? It seems like Shirou did the same thing, he ordered Saber to destroy it, so why does it work this time around?
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 21:00   Link #82
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senigata
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 21:05   Link #83
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Actually if you think about it...the continuation of her dream, meaning that the dream is still going to happen...hmmm...best way to put it...lemme try this: CHRONO TRIGGER. Robo. Remember that sidequest that you have him till the garden? For you, 400 years is a short hop. But for him, it was 400 years...so now, Saber is going to sleep for 1500 years or so, and then wake up in present-day England under the tree still as cute as ever because she was in suspended animation. Get it?

So then Rin, being the rich little deviless she is, flies down to that exact location, and scoops up Saber, and brings her back home for everyone to huggle and glomp her.

Of course, that's the stuff Type-MOON would leave to the viewer.

Hello, once and FUTURE King.

Saber=immortalz0r.
Old 2006-06-16, 21:07   Link #84
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Of course, in order to do that, Shirou & Co would have to find Avalon.

Humans don't just wander into Fairy Land.
Old 2006-06-16, 21:09   Link #85
Senigata

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmf-x19a
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

@Demongod: WRONG!
Rin would keep Saber-chan for herself
Old 2006-06-16, 21:16   Link #86
charlog
Gate of Babyl'Owned

This last episode was really awesome, it's strange, I thought that i'd be more disappointed not seeing UBW, but after seeing how that episode goes, I have nothing to add ... I really loved the scene, when Gil put his hand on Saber's cheek , he's just so cool Anyway can we still hope for something more ? Like OVA ? Or did Type Moon definitely closed all the possibilities ?
Besides the graphics were just wonderful, they put all the money they saved it that episode lol, Hope they'll make us something more ...

One of the best anime this year for me ...
Spoiler:
aaaa I want to know what does Gil say !! He's just the best ... Behind Archer of course !
charlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 21:17   Link #87
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmf-x19a
Spoiler:
Actually, saying "poor Shirou" is really not the right way to put things..

As you can see, Shirou is perfectly fine with how things are -- I'm sure ideally he would want Sabre by his side but as shown in the ending, he did accept how things were and.. like many other anime of this sort, accept the future with a sort of affirmation, willing to move forward but never forgetting the past (and her).

You see this in Tsukihime and Escaflowne (I mention Esca again because the conditions of the parting are quite similar), where the protagonists do... look forward.

This sort of story-telling is very typical of Japanese, almost perfectly encapsulating the sentimental dimension of asians. There is a bitter-sweet sort of happiness where the lovers, despite separated by time (Fate/Stay Night), distance (Planetes), worlds (Tsukihime, Esca), mortality (AIR)... move on with their lives while tightly holding the memories of the person in their hearts. It's really a very asian sort of sentimentality, and I'm not dissing Western culture in any of this. For some reason, the Japanese really like bitter-sweetness in their stories.

While this will run the risk of being unrelated, I'll post the lyrics of "Yubiwa", the ending song of Escaflowne the movie, along with some minor commentary at the end from me. This is because I really think the sort of attitude displayed by Shirou in this final episode.. .. ... I mean, your (and I mean any of you out there) understanding of it could well be enriched by it.

Spoiler:
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 21:20   Link #88
Demongod86

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlog
This last episode was really awesome, it's strange, I thought that i'd be more disappointed not seeing UBW, but after seeing how that episode goes, I have nothing to add ... I really loved the scene, when Gil put his hand on Saber's cheek , he's just so cool Anyway can we still hope for something more ? Like OVA ? Or did Type Moon definitely closed all the possibilities ?
Besides the graphics were just wonderful, they put all the money they saved it that episode lol, Hope they'll make us something more ...

One of the best anime this year for me ...
Close the possibilities? My ass! Saber's sleeping under a tree even in present day! Just find Avalon (or image it, hint hint!) and whack her on her antenna with it to wake her up! Just don't whack the antenna off, or else! I think the ending here is incomplete. Because what we don't see is Rin and Shirou going over to England to make sure Saber sleeps in a fluffy sleeping bag with her lion plushy instead of under a tree getting her beautiful head rained on for 1500 years.

Edit @ Senigata: Rin would try to keep Saber for herself, but then she'd wind up joining Shirou back at his house anyway because she and he love Saber so much. And who says Saber can't have both of them for herself, or Shirou have both, or Rin have both? O_o...they seem to all love each other very much. I wonder if Shirou will realize that Saber is still alive and IN THE WORLD...
Old 2006-06-16, 21:26   Link #89
charlog
Gate of Babyl'Owned

But did Saber die in the end ??
charlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 21:32   Link #90
Demongod86

No. As far as I can tell, "this dream will last long", meaning she's sleeping. She's not impaled by Mordred(a) anymore as far as I can tell from screenshots...looks like shes completely alive in suspended animation...meaning Shirou and Rin just have to go and fetch her.
Old 2006-06-16, 21:32   Link #91
Senigata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
@ Senigata: Rin would try to keep Saber for herself, but then she'd wind up joining Shirou back at his house anyway because she and he love Saber so much. And who says Saber can't have both of them for herself, or Shirou have both, or Rin have both? O_o...they seem to all love each other very much. I wonder if Shirou will realize that Saber is still alive and IN THE WORLD...
Yeah and then Sakura joins in (somehow with Rider there, let's call it a plot devices). Gilagmesh (plot devices) being all pimp and Archer (plot devices are nice) are there too and on we go with Fate/Hollow Ataraxia if you ask me
Old 2006-06-16, 21:36   Link #92
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

No I'd rather that Sakura and Rider would join in with Rin Saber and Ilya at MY house and Shirou and the rest of the guys can go somewhere else ofcourse thats just my opinion of a perfect ending
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 21:53   Link #93
Demongod86

Rin+Sakura+Saber+Rider all in one bed...without clothes...who needs to die? That's heaven right there!
Old 2006-06-16, 22:00   Link #94
Senigata

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04
No I'd rather that Sakura and Rider would join in with Rin Saber and Ilya at MY house and Shirou and the rest of the guys can go somewhere else ofcourse thats just my opinion of a perfect ending
Well Lancer, Gilgamesh and Archer can show Shirou how to be GAR! (I shouldn't hang around 4chan )
Old 2006-06-16, 22:04   Link #95
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
Damn those bastards. First they get me pissed off for not having UBW. Then when Saber leaves they make me feel like an ass for being pissed about UBW. And then they made me cry.

1/10 because it wasn't supposed to be an emotional episode for me(unlike some of you guys I never really got into the story THAT much, or at least I didn't think I did).
Prodigious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 22:13   Link #96
USCPharmacist

Episode impression:

CRaptabulistic, a solid 3/10

Series impression:

Craptabulistic, a solid 5/10 because of Garcher vs. Berserker fight

Fate Stay/Night will be Neflix Material......desu.
USCPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 22:40   Link #97
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
Lol the least likely pairing end up staying together. Im sure Ilya will be fine in a few years
Old 2006-06-16, 23:25   Link #98
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside
Lol the least likely pairing end up staying together. Im sure Ilya will be fine in a few years
Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-16, 23:40   Link #99
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
Spoiler:
was that confirm for all three scenerios?
Old 2006-06-16, 23:58   Link #100
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
Spoiler:
why? :'(