AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2018-05-05, 14:03   Link #141
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Cap doesn't have an evolving power either. Who cares? Heck, Spider-Man's one of the most popular super-heroes ever, and the changes to his powers were always temporary.

(Personally, I don't really care about the FF, but then, I used not to care about Thor either. I really like his MCU incarnation now, so I'd certainly give a chance to the FF if they appeared.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-05, 17:19   Link #142
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
We've never going to too see Reed like that in the MCU anyway, it's like expecting too see the Cyclops of the past.. 10-15 years (or whatever), aint gonna happen.

If they're smart they'll just grab the X-Men/Deadpool, the F4 villains and mix it with the newer members of the Avengers (Black Panther, Spiderman, Captain Marvel) for whatever comes after Thanos and the OG cast gets phased out.
Tony Stark is forced to do too many things in the MCU because of a lack of Reed. The MCU would really benefit from spreading the supergenius jobs around.
Old 2018-05-05, 18:05   Link #143
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for MCU:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
I prefer Galactus or Magus as next final boss.
I'm leaning towards Magus, given how:
Spoiler for MCU:
Old 2018-05-05, 18:14   Link #144
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Tony Stark is forced to do too many things in the MCU because of a lack of Reed. The MCU would really benefit from spreading the supergenius jobs around.
Which is why I still think they should’ve worked the MCU to introduce Hank Pym before AoU to have him retain his comic role of being the creator of Ultron.
Old 2018-05-05, 23:00   Link #145
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
The issues with F4 i found is that their power are extremely limited and straight forward, there is no growth like how ironman build his new armors, or like how complex nature of possibility like Dr.strange. Thing might go well for them in comic books where more leeway is accepted, but when out put on movie, We get a rubber guy, a self burning torch, an invisible girl and 1 stone guy. You could say that the scientist is amazing, but it's more his brain rather than power, and F4 come in a team of 4, 1 man show don't help much.
Anh Minh already did a good reply to you above about how evolving powers are not really that important in films. And F4's powers are already good as they are. The Thing can basically do what the Hulk can (without the short temper and more reasonable). Torch is the embodiment of fire which can do a lot. And speaking of doing a lot, Reed and Sue can do various things with their powers especially when it comes to protecting and rescuing people (which is what superheroes should do aside from bludgeoning villains).

Also, F4 has something that other MCU heroes don't have so far: family dynamic between heroes. And before you say it, no, The Guardians are not a family. They're more like a ragtag group of bounty hunters who always bicker. Avengers aren't really a family either. They're more like a group of besties. F4 can provide that sense of family warmth (which is new among the MCU superheroes) if done right which ironically, The Incredibles already made a good example of it (and we're gonna have a sequel of that movie quite soon. Can't wait!).

In short, the idea of F4 is inherently good, but some filmmakers just can't do it right. MCU is our last hope for a good F4 movie and they should take it.
Old 2018-05-05, 23:33   Link #146
Galaxian

I'm on board with making Doom the main Avengers villain of the next phase.

As for the F4, I like the Thing and the Human Torch, but I have a lot of issues with Sue and specially with Reed... Like Reed has taken the title of my least favorite Marvel hero from Cyclops after the bs that was the second Secret Wars event.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-06, 11:11   Link #147
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Many important villains are generated from FF story :Galactus, Kang, Doom, Annihilus, Wizard.
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
But then we all agree that F4's powers themselves are shitty?

We got Luffy, Hollow Woman, and Golem
Uncool
It's the 4 main elements. Invisible Woman's powers are actually obscenely strong, so I'm guessing you're only used to her super old appearances where she did literally nothing but turn invisible. And Thing is basically sane Hulk with less power.

The only one with lame powers is Reed, which is why they always focus on his intellect instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
What about Onslaught as the next ultimate villain?
He was a mistake in the comics and he'd be a mistake in the movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Cap doesn't have an evolving power either. Who cares? Heck, Spider-Man's one of the most popular super-heroes ever, and the changes to his powers were always temporary.
This. Most heroes don't evolve their powers, and if they do, they don't stick. It's very rare when someone's power gets stronger like that and sticks around.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-06, 11:17   Link #148
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Anh Minh already did a good reply to you above about how evolving powers are not really that important in films. And F4's powers are already good as they are. The Thing can basically do what the Hulk can (without the short temper and more reasonable). Torch is the embodiment of fire which can do a lot. And speaking of doing a lot, Reed and Sue can do various things with their powers especially when it comes to protecting and rescuing people (which is what superheroes should do aside from bludgeoning villains).

Also, F4 has something that other MCU heroes don't have so far: family dynamic between heroes. And before you say it, no, The Guardians are not a family. They're more like a ragtag group of bounty hunters who always bicker. Avengers aren't really a family either. They're more like a group of besties. F4 can provide that sense of family warmth (which is new among the MCU superheroes) if done right which ironically, The Incredibles already made a good example of it (and we're gonna have a sequel of that movie quite soon. Can't wait!).

In short, the idea of F4 is inherently good, but some filmmakers just can't do it right. MCU is our last hope for a good F4 movie and they should take it.
The Guardians are absolutely a family. Especially if you are going to consider the Fantastic Four one. I'm sorry is the Thing secretly Reed's brother? Because if friends are allowed to be family then the Guardians sure as heck one. Peter and Gamora being the romantic head of the family. You have the sibling dynamic with Gamora and Nebula. Drax almost adopting Mantis while also kind of being the weird Uncle of the team. The whole group being parents for young Groot.

The F4 could add plenty if done right. And I hope Marvel makes it work in the MCU at some point. But they aren't a necessity. You have small groups that work well in the MCU already and that sense of family.
Old 2018-05-06, 11:44   Link #149
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The Guardians are absolutely a family. Especially if you are going to consider the Fantastic Four one. I'm sorry is the Thing secretly Reed's brother?
In the Ultimate continuity, Reed was the ex, Ben the current bf of Susan. But they weren't much of a family by that point.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-06, 11:54   Link #150
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
The Guardians are absolutely a family. Especially if you are going to consider the Fantastic Four one. I'm sorry is the Thing secretly Reed's brother? Because if friends are allowed to be family then the Guardians sure as heck one. Peter and Gamora being the romantic head of the family. You have the sibling dynamic with Gamora and Nebula. Drax almost adopting Mantis while also kind of being the weird Uncle of the team. The whole group being parents for young Groot.

You have small groups that work well in the MCU already and that sense of family.
Sorry, but the Guardians are too edgy to be a warm family (at least for me). Most of their backgrounds involved their family-members being murdered or they themselves being object of cruel treatments (and their attitude toward each other is less family-ish and more of a ship crew and bffs except maybe for the existing romance between them). And you can extend that element to most of the MCU heroes who have their own movies. The Bebop crew in Cowboy Bebop is more of a warm family than The Guardians coz they laugh, have fun together and enjoy each other's company a lot more than The Guardians. Once in a while, we actually need to see an actual family that works, even if they are superheroes. Reed, Sue and Johnny are good for that and The Thing can function independently as Reed’s partner and a very close friend. F4 can give us a warm family instead of a dysfunctional/broken family that the majority of superheroes go with. That’s the difference. We’ve already seen countless numbers of dysfunctional families in action movies (MCU included), but rarely an actual (warm) one like the ones in Lethal Weapon movies (especially in the last film).

Quote:
The F4 could add plenty if done right. And I hope Marvel makes it work in the MCU at some point. But they aren't a necessity.
No, they aren’t. But MCU is the last hope that we have to do F4 right. It doesn’t have to be soon, but I hope they can do it.

Also, I'd really like it if F4 is introduced with Reed & Sue already being married so we can get the married couple dynamic right away without going through the tiring dating-phase.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2018-05-06 at 12:25.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-06, 19:18   Link #151
bakato

Just watched this yesterday and once again I'm reminded of Thor's smarts, both street and intellectual. How did he know Xandar was destroyed? Was Nebula being helped by the Ravagers?
Old 2018-05-06, 20:07   Link #152
coded321
He Who Games

Spoiler for thoughts about ending:
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-07, 20:21   Link #153
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Everyone said F4 is only good for the villains lol~
Yea, I agree

But then we all agree that F4's powers themselves are shitty?

We got Luffy, Hollow Woman, and Golem
Uncool
Richard Reed's intellect is more powerful than probably every single hero we've seen in the MCU combined.

His intellect is broken on UNIVERSE scale.

He's so broken, he conjures up solutions that comic beings haven't been able to in hundreds of thousands of years.
Old 2018-05-07, 21:43   Link #154
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
He's so broken, he conjures up solutions that comic beings haven't been able to in hundreds of thousands of years.
And pretty much all of them have come back to bite him in the a$$.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-07, 21:48   Link #155
Wandering Soul

Not to mention that his inventions usually dont help in the long term

"Reed Richards is useless" is a trope for a reason. Though that's the nature of comic books n
Old 2018-05-08, 01:56   Link #156
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Richard Reed's intellect is more powerful than probably every single hero we've seen in the MCU combined.

His intellect is broken on UNIVERSE scale.

Why not gave himself a better power then?

He should be able to make better ironman suit

Why every genius not create power suit? Is it copyrighted? Lol~
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-08, 02:59   Link #157
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Why not gave himself a better power then?

He should be able to make better ironman suit

Why every genius not create power suit? Is it copyrighted? Lol~
He never needed a powersuit. He just breaks space-time continuum to defeat anyone and anything he wanted. Evil versions of himself have conquered the multiverse multiple times.
Old 2018-05-08, 06:58   Link #158
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Let’s move the latest (off-topic) discussion to the Marvel live action general thread and return to discussing the movie instead.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-08, 07:29   Link #159
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

AIW's director finally explains the false advertisement in the trailer.
Old 2018-05-08, 08:26   Link #160
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
AIW's director finally explains the false advertisement in the trailer.
"False advertisement", eh? Okay...
I'm still kinda mad at you for spoiling that scene for me, by the way.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marvel cinematic universe