AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-05-26, 09:02   Link #6301
SilverGlavenus

They're probably gonna stick with Touta's White power to win against Ialda again. I was hoping if Touta could get some fancy new techniques, just for his own.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-26, 13:42   Link #6302
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapoleonDeCheese View Post
That's why Negi's party was massacred in the Bad Ending Timeline; they weren't 14 anymore and had lost the source of their powers. Asuna looks like she's 14 forever Because Reasons, so if she sticks around she still brings enough Teenage Power for the rest of the party to survive.
once they entered highschool they became standard powerless old hags i suppose

@SIlverGlavenus are the spoilers out already?

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-26, 21:36   Link #6303
SilverGlavenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
@SIlverGlavenus are the spoilers out already?
Nope, I was talking about Touta's thunder power. I think it was a blatant rip off and a cheap attempt at making Touta stronger quickly.
Old 2018-05-27, 03:25   Link #6304
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post
Nope, I was talking about Touta's thunder power. I think it was a blatant rip off and a cheap attempt at making Touta stronger quickly.
It was pretty obvious from anyone who read Negima and actually read carefully with Negi's technique, It was noted that Negi lightning form is more than just absorbing lightning into his body, but also wind and control of environment to strike. Touta got the form simply from absorbing a lightning hit. And considering that the technique to absorb attack from opponents is impractical for Eva and Negi only pull it off thanks to a massive circle formed by the strike. Touta absorb it so easily is just flawed
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-27, 06:35   Link #6305
Tenzen12

He was designed to be able do such things. Negi who managed "learn" martial arts practically overnight it doesn't sound even half as unbelievable .
Old 2018-06-08, 04:14   Link #6306
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Spoiler:
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 06:42   Link #6307
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
What's going on?
NTR! what else, for all three Springfields no less!

btw, UQH will be on the cover of next month's Bessatsu SM.

and here is #17 limited edition
Old 2018-06-08, 07:28   Link #6308
NapoleonDeCheese

Now it's Chisame, now it's Nodoka and Yue, now it's her...

It's as if Akamatsu is just shooting wildly all around not really caring anymore. He does one pairing, then before exploring it in any lenght he randomly moves to the next matchup. And the characters suffer for that because at no point we can get a good exploration of how couple dynamics work out with Negi, we're just shown the start and the aftermath, in a series that shouldn't even be about Negi in the first place (we should've had a proper Negima continuation for that).

At this point I'm just calling this blatant shipping bait to keep dragging the audience he's left pulled around by the nose. It's rather sad, that's what it is.
NapoleonDeCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 07:43   Link #6309
Random14

Yeah, still not interested in the flashback. Even with context, its hard to care about Negi anymore. Especially after seeing that picture. Well, Eva was one of the last few choices left, so can't really call that winning. When they pile on the angst like this it gets boring, especially after Chisame's cliche moment last chapter.

I guess its better than generic harem hinjinks with clueless Touta, but not by much.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 07:59   Link #6310
BeoWolfx03
A Wandering Negima Fan

You do know that this is for the sake of the story and drama. So stop complaining about it and just get over it. What's done is done. Sure, we didn't get a proper adaptation of Negima but we all know that up to this point, we know why Ken is doing this. I appreciate how the story is going. It takes alot to think about it and I'm pretty sure he bundled up all of his ideas and wanting it to published it before the end of Negima. I came for the story and always asking "Why?" and "How?", not "WTF?!".
BeoWolfx03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 08:13   Link #6311
Sixth
Hu Tao

I guess in Ken's eyes, English British man is the most perfect male type in the world. Springfield's pimping is unstoppable.

Touta? What was that?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 08:13   Link #6312
Kazu-kun

Shit like this reminds me why I always thought Akamatsu is kind of a hack.
Old 2018-06-08, 08:36   Link #6313
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
I guess in Ken's eyes, English British man is the most perfect male type in the world. Springfield's pimping is unstoppable.

Touta? What was that?
Well, they ARE known as enemies of female kind.

Allthough all this jumping from bed to bed with Eva is all kinds of stupid IMO.

Especially since IMO in Negima she really only cared for his dad romantically. He was her dear student at best.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 08:41   Link #6314
NeutralZero

Haaaah... if only the Eva-Negi was the one in the good ending but oh well
Since in this one Negi was rejected by Chisame
it is not that weird... somewhat...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 08:59   Link #6315
SilverGlavenus

Okay, if Akamatsu drops a new girl out of nowhere and make her Touta's endgame, I'll be happy with it. This shit is getting ridiculous.
Old 2018-06-08, 09:33   Link #6316
mark1246

Geez for the 18 years that Negi and Nodoka spent together, you have to think something must of happen between them

But i dont mind this, Cause (literally this what happen from hentai I've seen) 2nd or 3rd girls uses this chance to cheer up the main character with her body LOL.

but man heart break for Touta
Old 2018-06-08, 10:00   Link #6317
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

What are people so surprised about?

We were told this was coming long ago. It makes sense too, they've both lost the people they care about and are seeking comfort from each other.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.

Last edited by Endscape; 2018-06-08 at 10:15.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 10:05   Link #6318
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
What are people so surprised about?

We were told this was coming a long ago. It makes sense too, they've both lost the people they care about and are seeking comfort from each other.
Yeah, it's not like Eva rejected Touta because "She still loves Negi". Are people really this forgetful, or they want to just have any excuse to bicker about no matter how dumb is.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 11:20   Link #6319
NapoleonDeCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeoWolfx03 View Post
You do know that this is for the sake of the story and drama. So stop complaining about it and just get over it. What's done is done.
It's more like it's not done. He still keeps doing it.

At this point, there'd been a perfect takeoff point to more or less leave the Negima stuff to rest. True, the Negimaker still was out there, but there was no need to dwell on him so much, to the degree of spending three whole months in a monthly series just rotating in place about his past while the alleged heroes of the piece are nowhere to be found anymore.

There's plenty drama enough to be mined with UQ Holder's members. There's no need to keep on dragging Negima's corpse around the mud, going on and on about Chisame dying, Nodoka and Yue getting posessed, Negi going through neverending unbearable angst while Evangeline is stripped off of everything that ever made her funny and quirky.

Especially since we know how this will end already. It's wasting time on even more teasing on the past instead of freaking moving the story ahead. We already know where Negi will end from here, and where will that leave Evangeline as well. This is pointless beyond showing more gratuitous shipping fanservice that we know well will not actually get us anywhere.

If you want to mine the past, at least show us what were Karin or Jinbei doing during the whole time Negima was taking place. Something like that. Show us someplace where we truly have no idea what was going on or why. Do something new and surprising, not something where even the defenders have to say "We were told this was coming long ago". Well, if we already knew it, why to show it?

It's not even something like Whatever Happened to Arika, where a character just disappeared and it had to be shown what became of her (even if Akamatsu didn't bother). Here, we already know where both Negi and Eva are by the current time period and have a solid idea already of what put them there. There's no real need to keep ruminating on crapping all over the characters by making them further miserable. There's angst and then there's Wangst.

People, please stop making up excuses for Akamatsu anymore.
NapoleonDeCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 13:22   Link #6320
Shippuu
┐(-。ー')┌

Spoiler for 149:

The absolute madman. I would be astonished if he actually solves the mystery after all this time. Then again it might just go nowhere. Again.
Shippuu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love