AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2018-06-08, 22:24   Link #481
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I get where Kazu-kun is coming from, but there are two things I really liked about this latest episode:

1. The emotional beats rang true and strong to me. I felt the early scene involving Kanami, Kaoru, Ellen, Mai, and Sayaka was very well-handled overall. Sayaka had a good moment later on, while battling Kanami's fangirl. And Kanami's feelings for Hiyori came through very strong and clear. It resonated for me, and I definitely like that as a yuri fan.

2. The action scenes were mostly good. The action scene I liked the most, actually, was Sayaka vs. Kanami's fangirl. That looked really good to me.

There's certain things I would have liked to have seen handled a bit differently, but on the whole, it was a good episode.
Old 2018-06-09, 17:33   Link #482
Liddo-kun
a small cat

Send a message via MSN to Liddo-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
What was the point of Hiyori getting absorbed if they saved her this episode with minimal problems? Also, once again we see Tagitsu-hime is not a credible threat to Kanami. The fight doesn't have any tension. Honestly, this show went to shit hard. They should have ended it this episode because it's only getting worse.
First 12 episodes of this show is amazing for me. Then I wonder if they changed writer / director? because the second half is just awful. Now, I'm just watching it for the sake of completing it.. even the yuri bait does not make things more interesting.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-10, 22:12   Link #483
Marcus H.
Toji Affairs Secretary

That short scene with Yomi and Yukina was so powerful, and with such minimal dialogue too.
Yukina just needs somebody to love her.

Spring 2018: Amanchu! Advance (9/12) and Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii.
Carryover from Winter 2018: Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card Arc (16/22) and Toji no Miko.
See the Toji no Miko Wiki Project in action!
Summer 2018: Hataraku Saibou (1/1c) and Kyoto Teramachi Sanjou no Holmes (1/1c).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 34. Completed: 336. Plan to watch: 31.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-11, 01:45   Link #484
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

She doesn't deserve somebody to love her. And she's at least self-aware enough to know she's been horrible to Yomi.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-11, 02:01   Link #485
Marcus H.
Toji Affairs Secretary

I agree. Renpu has been a cradle of broken souls since Yukina became president. Many students underwent experimentation (aside from Myouga) and Yukina's own approach to dealing with the student body had made it a toxic place to be a Toji.

But then, Yomi losing Yukina would be just as destructive as Yukina losing Yomi. They are monsters with only each other to serve as anchors of sanity. Without Yukina, Yomi won't have a motivation to live because it was Yukina that gave her a reason to exist and she granted her wish to become a Toji. Without Yomi, Yukina would keep on chasing figures of power and being cast aside by them, leaving behind destruction in her wake while never giving her soul the solace she had wanted all this time.

Carryover from Winter 2018: Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card Arc (16/22) and Toji no Miko.
Summer 2018: Hataraku Saibou (1/1c) and Kyoto Teramachi Sanjou no Holmes (1/1c).

Old 2018-06-12, 04:26   Link #486
Marcus H.
Toji Affairs Secretary

Preview for Episode 23, "Moment's End"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis
The ever-expanding gate of the Netherworld threatens to swallow the metropolis and eventually the entire world. The end draws nearer and nearer. Fortunate to have rescued Hiyori, Kanami and the others, shouldering everyone's hopes, challenge Tagitsuhime.
And now, the end is near.

Old 2018-06-15, 09:44   Link #487
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
ルークです

Spoiler for Episode 23 Comments/Feedback:
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-15, 12:05   Link #488
wuhugm
Salted Tiger

Wow, amazing episode

I like how they used Jin'i to keep rising into higher level of speed

It's like in Rewrite where Kotarou elevated his conciousness into higher level of perception again and again until it couldn't be fathomed

So Kakuryou is basically Quantum World
Old 2018-06-15, 13:37   Link #489
Marina2

Ep.23

Wow, those were great idea and cool effect for battle scene in speed world. I would say anime did great with its limit budget. BGM were beautiful too.

Oh, did they just added Yume to the ED? I am pretty sure she wasn't there before.

Last edited by Marina2; 2018-06-15 at 13:55.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-15, 17:49   Link #490
Norn
Dazed and Confused

Great episode, I'm really excited to see how it will end.
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-19, 04:44   Link #491
Marcus H.
Toji Affairs Secretary

Preview for the Final Episode, Episode 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preview
On that day, Kanami and Hiyori vanished with Tagitsuhime into the limits of the netherworld. Two months have passed. The world has slowly returned to normal. But no trace of Kanami or Hiyori can be found. Without a sense of time or space, the two wander separated in the netherworld.

Old 2018-06-22, 10:40   Link #492
ValvraveTruth

When Hiyori asked her mother she regret anything or not at the end there really hit me hard, the core of that question pretty much started Hiyori’s quest at the beginning of this whole story leading up to final episode thinking her mother suffered from the incident. Then the story closed up with her mother having no regret seeing Hiyori is happy now, this last episode is definately something.
Old 2018-06-22, 11:52   Link #493
devilo96

Damn hope we can get more...i mean this is the best series so far for me and hope the bd sell is so damn good so at least there is a chance for another new sequel
The last one..kinda sad we cant see kanami full power...i mean the battle against hiyori thunder mode i feel kanami also not using her full power...she using her full power only to fight with her mother in the new eps..and they skip the fucking fight again...
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-22, 17:18   Link #494
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
ルークです

Spoiler for Episode 24 Comments/Feedback & Series Score:
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-23, 00:05   Link #495
serenade_beta
☆げしげし☆

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-23, 12:47   Link #496
alex_drian

And this is the end.

I really really enjoy this anime so much. I don't have real complaints. I'm going to miss to these girls and all the cast of characters.

In my opinion was a good final and tied up everything was necessary. The story of Kanami and Hiyori and their mothers, Mai and Ellen doing their best and Kaoru and Sayaka as the new Elites along Maki and Suzuka (with luck maybe with Suzuka as the new leader).

I don't really have a second season, never. In autoconclusives series like this second seasons are true cancer and degenerate everything that the former accomplish. Although maybe I can accept the beach episode OVA, because if some anime deserves it, iis perhaps this.

So the final question: is Toji no Miko much better than what an anime based on a mobage game has the right to be or this should be the standard to which others anime based on mobage games should aspire?
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-23, 15:57   Link #497
azarhal

I liked the ending too.

I'm kinda surprised Renpu's principal wasn't dumped in jail though.

I wouldn' t mind a second season, if it focus on other characters.

edit: Forgot to say, Shidou is very dense.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-23, 16:47   Link #498
Kazu-kun

Mediocre and forgettable as expected.
Old 2018-06-23, 20:16   Link #499
Wandering Soul

The show itself was decent, but still better than I would expect an anime that's advertisement for a gacha game to be. The first half was good, though the second half really dragged at times and wasn't as good as the first half.
Old 2018-06-24, 04:23   Link #500
Marcus H.
Toji Affairs Secretary

I miss anime-original shows like this. The debut episode didn't impress a lot of people, but a lot of people who persevered eventually fell in the love with the girls, the concept and how the story didn't spoonfeed plot details en masse, leaving most of the story to just fall into place. Act 1 was full of intrigue and logical steps in plot progression that it's almost shocking to find out that it's not resorting to shock value to keep the viewers watching. And while Act 2 was generally focused on Kanami and Hiyori, it also showed how Sayaka, Mai, Ellen and Kaoru developed on their own and against the new developments. It did have a rocky progress around the middle of Act 2 where animation quality took a noticeable dip, but the production team at least managed to bring the story to a fulfilling conclusion.

The story is planned to continue in the mobage Toji no Miko: Kizamishi Issen no Tomoshibi, and thus the wiki work will go on. But for now, we have to send off Kanami and Hiyori and hope that the Toji no Miko project would prosper beyond the coverage of the anime.