AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2007-04-22, 04:19   Link #81
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Vibeke
Ok, so recently Viz released Shana manga and novel, but my question is: which is which? (ie. cover)

I wanted to order Shana Novel trough one of the polish stores (which offers manga/novels in english/german) but know I don't konw what to order and it doesn't help that they didn't show the covers

Anyone can help?

(for interested: those are the products pages, unfortunatly in Polish, but I can translate some details - if that could help

Currently busy studying Japaneese language and culture on Warsaw University//my animelist
Vibeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 04:34   Link #82
Robotnik
Not a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibeke View Post
Ok, so recently Viz released Shana manga and novel, but my question is: which is which? (ie. cover)

I wanted to order Shana Novel trough one of the polish stores (which offers manga/novels in english/german) but know I don't konw what to order and it doesn't help that they didn't show the covers

Anyone can help?

(for interested: those are the products pages, unfortunatly in Polish, but I can translate some details - if that could help
Check the ISBNs on the Polish site against the ones listed for the novel and manga at the Viz website:
http://www.viz.com/products/products...roduct_id=6531 - novel, ISBN 1-4215-1193-2

http://www.viz.com/products/products...roduct_id=6535 - manga, ISBN 1-4215-1195-9
Robotnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 17:09   Link #83
Dynzel
( ´_ゝ`)フーン

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibeke View Post

The cover is the same image of the original Japanese cover. I do believe ViZ will keep the original Japanese covers for the NA releases, unless....

Well, I finally got the novel (ViZ) with the manga in the mail today. I've yet to read them though, due to schoolwork. >_>;

However, I flipped through the novel and was somewhat amused that ViZ cut off part of the color image with Yuji waking up to find Shana sleeping in the bed. XD [EDIT: Yeah, the B&W image of her changing got cut out as well.] (Guess they decided that it was a bad idea to show readers Shana in her underwear. Pity for the fans that liked the fanservice? Haha.... >_>")

When I can, I'll scan some sample pages to show you guys (just how well did ViZ translate this? ;o). I also read from somewhere (Was it this thread? Too lazy go back to check.) that there was a typo in the translation by ViZ so I intend to read it through to see if it's true. D:

Last edited by Dynzel; 2007-04-23 at 18:11.
Dynzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 06:02   Link #84
techiet
Shiori~

Send a message via AIM to techiet Send a message via MSN to techiet
They cut out some illustrations from the novel? Noooo~ D:
Half the fun in the novel, IMO, is the great artwork by Noizi Ito (Noiji? I always forget). And of course, censorship is bad. But it's not new to Viz.

I still need to order both the manga and novels, but the bookstores around here don't have them. Oddly enough, both have manga sections but most of the light novels published by Tokyopop and Viz are nowhere to be seen, go figure.
Old 2007-05-02, 07:32   Link #85
piku
Wilhelmina Carmel my love

Send a message via MSN to piku
i've got the novel and comic of viz version

it that my hallucination?
i found two illustration lost in the viz novel
compare with the japanese original version
one is shana changing clothes
one is shana sleep on yuji's bed

is it because they delete these pics in order to make the novel suitable for teenages
or just because i have a copy that missing pages?

please help
Old 2007-05-03, 00:06   Link #86
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

i bought the Shana manga today and yet to read it. However i have a question.

I want to know which one is better, the manga or the novel? I know the difference. Novel is less pictures with more words while manga is the opposite. But ..does the novel go longer than the manga in 1 volume?

I dont know if i made the right choice or not in buying the manga version >.> I'm not that experience in it.

I asked the store owner and the expression he gives me is *blank* -___-.
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 01:47   Link #87
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Well, one volume of novel should go further into the story than one volume of manga... I don't wanna take responsible if it doesn't so don't count me on it though. I have bought the book and have yet to read it.

@piku: I don't see the illustration of shana in underwear either (damn ;_; ) ... As for Shana sleeps in Yuji's bed one, I see the color'd illustration from one of the first few pages

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 09:36   Link #88
piku
Wilhelmina Carmel my love

Send a message via MSN to piku
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
@piku: I don't see the illustration of shana in underwear either (damn ;_; ) ... As for Shana sleeps in Yuji's bed one, I see the color'd illustration from one of the first few pages
thanks for your reply
there are one more shana in yuji's bed in grayscale... total 2 missing pics
seems not only my copy's problem then

i wonder if the korean version also has the same problem...
the chinese version has just follow to the original
Old 2007-05-03, 16:32   Link #89
sharingan0619

so does anyone know if the shakugan no shana movie will be fansubbed? all the naruto movies were. and about the novel...ive bought the first vol. today, its pretty good read, there is gonna be more right?
sharingan0619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 17:49   Link #90
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
i bought the Shana manga today and yet to read it. However i have a question.

I want to know which one is better, the manga or the novel? I know the difference. Novel is less pictures with more words while manga is the opposite. But ..does the novel go longer than the manga in 1 volume?

I dont know if i made the right choice or not in buying the manga version >.> I'm not that experience in it.

I asked the store owner and the expression he gives me is *blank* -___-.
I would say the novel, because the it's the source of everything else, both the mangá and the anime are based off the novel.

It's like a movie that is based off a book. The movie may be great but, IMO, nothing would surpass the book.

But that is just what I think.
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 18:00   Link #91
Blackmanx

Send a message via MSN to Blackmanx
Where do you people buy the book?

Did you guys order it online or find it at a book store?

I was planning on getting this a while back but most stores around me didn't have it in stock. I really don't want to order it online unless I have to >.>
Blackmanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 18:14   Link #92
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmanx View Post

I was planning on getting this a while back but most stores around me didn't have it in stock. I really don't want to order it online unless I have to >.>
book store aka anime store, d'arimasu.
Old 2007-05-07, 18:37   Link #93
Blackmanx

Any names?

There's not too many books store where I live. But i wouldn't mind going to another city to get this book
Old 2007-05-07, 18:42   Link #94
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:

lol, same here... Dunno about the others but online was my option left... I bought it at walmart.com ... frankly, didn't expect it to be there

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 19:30   Link #95
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Any names?

There's not too many books store where I live. But i wouldn't mind going to another city to get this book
It depends where you live. I can tell you the name of the stores in my area only if you live on my side of the world . It will be meaningless if i tell you and you happen to live elsewhere.
Old 2007-05-07, 21:44   Link #96
Dynzel
( ´_ゝ`)フーン

Where to get the manga and/or novel? I got mine (both) straight from Amazon... I was pretty sure the bookstores near me like Barnes&Noble and Borders wouldn't have it the first day out [Apr. 17] (I'm impatient. XD). Kinokuniya might've worked too.... But then again, I didn't check. I live in NYC, by the way. So I don't know if these stores would be near where you live.
Dynzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 19:53   Link #97
Blackmanx

I live in Toronto.

There's not many book stores near my area but are there any particular stores that i should check?

I know for a fact no Chapters nor Indigos would have it in stock.

I am not too familiar with smaller book stores so I really don't know where to check and I am way too lazy to just drive around the city looking for one >.>
Old 2007-05-08, 21:35   Link #98
GyroidFanatic

I live in Virginia and the major stores still don't have any copies of the novel (which I really don't care about now since it's confirmed to be edited...).
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 01:21   Link #99
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
I live in Toronto.

There's not many book stores near my area but are there any particular stores that i should check?

I know for a fact no Chapters nor Indigos would have it in stock.

I am not too familiar with smaller book stores so I really don't know where to check and I am way too lazy to just drive around the city looking for one >.>
ahh Toronto. I suggest you might want to check downtown for the anime shops on the Spadina-Dundas intersection. In North-East of it, theres an animeshop called Anime Xtreme that sells anime stuff.

In South-West of the intersection, theres a chinese mall there, NOT AT the intersection but the mall down south abit. Its on the second floor. The name of it is called Kikiwai.

For Kikiwai, heres their site, you can call them for the location and what kinds of stuff they have currently: http://www.kikiwai.com/

For Anime Xtreme, heres their site as well, the site is closed when theres a mini-map where you can actually see where its located in the area: http://store.animextreme.ca/

I hope it helps
Old 2007-05-09, 11:53   Link #100
Blackmanx

Thanks a lot

I'll be sure to check these places during the weekend.

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen