AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-07-01, 06:59   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 792 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Credit goes to AP's Redon and Aohige:

-Chapter title is "Dogeza" (kneeling in apology). Splash page features Mansherry.

-As the townspeople celebrate their freedom from Doflamingo's rule, Sabo has wrapped things up with Burgess. As the chief of staff walks off, Burgess asks him why he doesn't finish him off, with Sabo replying that it's unnecessary. Burgess then calls not just Sabo, but also his brothers, soft. Suddenly, Sabo gets a call from his denden mushi, but he ignores it as the Blackbeard officer continues taunting him, telling him of the time his crew captured Ace. Naturally, this angers Sabo, and Burgess is using this opportunity to drop his opponent's guard and stab him! Unfortunately for Burgess, before he gets a chance to strike, Sabo blows him away with a Fire Fist, telling him that even if he were to forgive the man, Ace wouldn't. After finishing him off, he answers the call, and speaks with Koala, who has some sort of "list" ready.

-The Doflamingo family, including the head honcho himself, has been captured by the marines. However, Fujitora tells them not to report to the HQ just yet. VA Maynard then uses this opportunity to broadcast news of this entire event to the entire world. Meanwhile, former king Riku still refuses to return to the throne, despite the pleas from the citizens. Elizabello (the boxing king) also urges his old friend friend to become king again, as does Fujitora, who suddenly appears. The admiral then states that the world government will take full responsibility for letting Doflamingo taking the throne, and apologizes in the "dogeza" (kneeling) stance. This apology just so happens to have been broadcasted to the entire world! Naturally, the press wastes no time reporting about Dressrosa's ruin, the downfall of the world's biggest underground broker, an admiral bowing in apology to a former king, and of course.... the pirate alliance that toppled Doflamingo!

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2015-07-02 at 10:28. Reason: Double intro fixed. ;)
Old 2015-07-01, 23:44   Link #2
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Summary up
Sabo, Elizabello, and Issho are the VIPs
Old 2015-07-02, 01:35   Link #3
Kaz_

And here, we see yet another failure from Blackbeard crew.
If they are the failsome oppurtunists as Oda almost always portray them to be, how did these guys manage to stay as a Yonkou more than a year without getting killed by random NW target?

I wanted to believe author is trying to swap away from generic "Weak looking disguised villain suddenly slays all-powerful looking confident-god good guy." theme but this is getting too much...I cant take Burgess seriously after this anymore. Seems like Blackbeard is still the only proven threat in crew BB. Either that or Oda is still not feeling too confident with Blackbeards having such a huge power-up all of a sudden, he is trying to level them up along with Strawhats as their plain opposite characters but bringing them rookies Yonkou rank proves the very opposite instead.

I mean sorry Sabo but rather than your bro drama, I'd choose a so-far-side-villain rise a bit. You are making it look like they are all bark and no bite. Hopefully in next chapter we will see Blackbeard getting scolded by some rabbit costume wearing granny.

Last edited by Kaz_; 2015-07-02 at 01:48.
Old 2015-07-02, 01:48   Link #4
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Even though Fuji was useless this entire arc, what he did in the end more than made up for he. F the Goverment, now they are really screwed here

I'm excited for the reactions of the family / friends / government. Unfortunately the other half of the Strawhat crew is still missing, they won't be getting any upgraded bounties or credit from the world this time, poor Sanji will be mocked by Zoro for missing out if they weren't caught by Big Mom's crew.

I hope they show Shanks reaction, not even he'd mess with that guy so that'd be hilarious. At least we don't have a break yet, thank you! I'm really looking forward to next week

LOL If Sanji does defeat one of Big Mom's crew members and gets no credit for it. I'd laugh even more if Usopp got a higher bounty than his, he'd literally become laughing stalk of the crew

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Old 2015-07-02, 01:56   Link #5
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz_ View Post
If they are the failsome oppurtunists as Oda almost always portray them to be, how did these guys manage to stay as a Yonkou more than a year without getting killed by random NW target?

I wanted to believe author is trying to swap away from generic "Weak looking disguised villain suddenly slays all-powerful looking confident-god good guy." theme but this is getting too much...I cant take Burgess seriously after this anymore. Seems like Blackbeard is still the only proven threat in crew BB. Either that or Oda is still not feeling too confident with Blackbeards having such a huge power-up all of a sudden, he is trying to level them up along with Strawhats as their plain opposite characters but bringing them rookies Yonkou rank proves the very opposite instead.

I mean sorry Sabo but rather than your bro drama, I'd choose a so-far-side-villain rise a bit. You are making it look like they are all bark and no bite. Hopefully in next chapter we will see Blackbeard getting scolded by some rabbit costume wearing granny.
Or perhaps this is how Oda justifies the fact that Sabo is Dragon's second-in-command, he may not be at admiral's level (yet), but at least a beast on his own - roughly a bit more than a captain in NW
So it's not so unreasonable for Sabo to kick Burgess' ass
Old 2015-07-02, 02:13   Link #6
Best_name_ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Welp, an early spoiler pic's out! Credit goes to AP's Redon:

-From what's shown so far, the people are still in the middle of celebrating their lliberation from Dofla's rule. Meanwhile, Sabo vs. Burgess has ended.... with Sabo's victory. As the chief of staff walks off, Burgess asks him why he doesn't finish him off, with Sabo replying that it's unnecessary. Burgess then calls not just Sabo, but also his brothers, soft. Suddenly, Sabo gets a call from his denden mushi....
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Summary up
Sabo, Elizabello, and Issho are the VIPs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz_ View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
Even though Fuji was useless this entire arc, what he did in the end more than made up for he. F the Goverment, now they are really screwed here

I'm excited for the reactions of the family / friends / government. Unfortunately the other half of the Strawhat crew is still missing, they won't be getting any upgraded bounties or credit from the world this time, poor Sanji will be mocked by Zoro for missing out if they weren't caught by Big Mom's crew.

I hope they show Shanks reaction, not even he'd mess with that guy so that'd be hilarious. At least we don't have a break yet, thank you! I'm really looking forward to next week

LOL If Sanji does defeat one of Big Mom's crew members and gets no credit for it. I'd laugh even more if Usopp got a higher bounty than his, he'd literally become laughing stalk of the crew
First and foremost.............the chapter is out:

[cut]

Secondly: To Kaz

I don't know about the rest of the One Piece fans, but to me...........the Blackbeard Pirates where never really known or seen to be beastly or super godly.......strong.....in my eyes.

Yes they are strong.......but also cheap and cruel.

I believe that Oda-sensei's message is clear now. There were some hints here and there but now..........it is evident that Oda wants to show us One Piece fans the cruel or cheap side of the Pirate World.

Think about for a moment............Doflamingo at one point was fighting Law with Trebol and Trebol being the prick he is...........joined on the fun gleefully, and Doflamingo as a result never seemed to be bothered by Trebol's actions:

[cut]
or
[cut]

Another scene was when all the Blackbeard Pirates shot Whitebeard at point blank range and mercilessly to boot:

[cut]

Although Whitebeard told his crewmates NOT TO INTERFERE but still!!!!!

Then there is the NON-CANON version of the ONE PIECE FILM Z, where the 7th UNKNOWN SHICHIBUKAI ambushed then Admiral Zephyr (Who eventually become Z) which resulted in the massacre of Zephyr's men and the loss of his arm.

Burgess is just another example to prove to us readers that this will be the next the challenging moment for the Straw Hat pirates later on as the series progresses.

The Straw Hats have never killed anyone and the question remains......will they one day commit murder against a future opponent???? If not, then how will they overcome that obstacle, challenge or adversity later on?

Besides that..........the Blackbeard Pirates are unique in their own way while having their own flaws as well. Interesting to the say the least.

Last edited by james0246; 2015-07-02 at 08:12.
Old 2015-07-02, 02:55   Link #7
marvelB

My bad for the late summary update.... I was indisposed for a bit.

Anyway, quite an interesting chapter. Still, despite Dofla getting captured (with sea stone no less), I still have a feeling that he'll somehow escape with outside help. I dunno whether if it'll be via Sugar's ability or CP0's help, but I just can't see him staying in custody for long....

Anyways, glad to see the marines wasted no time in reporting this incident to the world at large. Though I really do have to wonder how the WG higher-ups feel about Fujitora taking the initiative here. This is pretty much the opposite of Alabasta where the truth of the incident was hushed up, after all. They probably aren't too happy about their new admiral exposing their blunders, but I can't see them punishing him for it either due to the circumstances. But then again, this would definitely help Fujitora's case in his goal to abolish the shichibukai system in place of another means of preserving the world's balance....
Old 2015-07-02, 03:03   Link #8
BPD Renegade

Was definitely not expecting Fujitora to hijack the conclusion this way. Pretty crafty, since otherwise, the WG probably would have covered it up and quite possibly let Doflamingo go free again. Looks like the WG might see things get shaken up because of this.

Also, with the public announcement that the alliance took down a warlord, it's pretty much a given that the bounties are going to skyrocket.
Old 2015-07-02, 03:11   Link #9
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
Also, with the public announcement that the alliance took down a warlord, it's pretty much a given that the bounties are going to skyrocket.

Pretty much the most exciting prospect of the chapter for me! Personally, I'm really hoping that Dofla's 500 million bounty for Usopp becomes a legit one!
Old 2015-07-02, 03:48   Link #10
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

It's also now clear as to why Fujitora did jack squat in resolving this incident.

Because he didn't want any excuse for the Government to credit it towards their work.
He made sure he and the marines in general got no credit!
Old 2015-07-02, 04:16   Link #11
Sebazu

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
It's also now clear as to why Fujitora did jack squat in resolving this incident.

Because he didn't want any excuse for the Government to credit it towards their work.
He made sure he and the marines in general got no credit!
And why he called his choice a gamble.
Old 2015-07-02, 04:33   Link #12
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Sigh, 2 filler chapters back to back, nothing happened and we didn't really learn anything new. And after next week there is another break... At least it looks like next chapter might be interesting, maybe new bounties.
Old 2015-07-02, 05:15   Link #13
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
Sigh, 2 filler chapters back to back, nothing happened and we didn't really learn anything new.

I'm not exactly seeing how an admiral exposing the blunders of his superiors (who would regularly distort the truth of incidents like this) to the entire world would count as "filler", but that's just me, I guess.
Old 2015-07-02, 05:20   Link #14
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Oh nose! Chapter haz nose fist punching and onomatopoeia! Much boring, such filler
Old 2015-07-02, 05:42   Link #15
imza

This chapter was great, I guess some people find anything but Luffy fighting the main boss as filler. I personally love chapters like these as big things happen. What Sabo did will have consequences as I doubt BB will let it slide. Same goes for Fuji, he just screwed over the world government and marines and it will be interesting to see what the ramifications are of that.
Old 2015-07-02, 06:51   Link #16
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I'm not exactly seeing how an admiral exposing the blunders of his superiors (who would regularly distort the truth of incidents like this) to the entire world would count as "filler", but that's just me, I guess.
The secret was pretty much out the moment Usopp knocked out Sugar, as many of those toys were influential people from all around the world. So yeah, considering we now have 1 less chapter a month than every other weekly series out there adding up to about 3 months in a year, this chapter was pretty pointless to me. It would have been much more interesting to see the reactions/repercussions of it getting out, which is what next chapter is going to show I think.
Old 2015-07-02, 08:18   Link #17
james0246

Quote:
The secret was pretty much out the moment Usopp knocked out Sugar, as many of those toys were influential people from all around the world. So yeah, considering we now have 1 less chapter a month than every other weekly series out there adding up to about 3 months in a year, this chapter was pretty pointless to me. It would have been much more interesting to see the reactions/repercussions of it getting out, which is what next chapter is going to show I think.
You can't really have the next chapter (you've described) without this chapter. The conclusion to the Sabo v. Burgess match had to be shown, Riku had to say his piece (as did the citizens...though Gatz should totally be King instead), and Fujitora had to say his piece (and Doffi and his gang had to be arrested). Nothing major can happen outside of Dressrosa until all these moments occur (along with touching base with the Strawhats, which was not covered this chapter).

This is a transition chapter, but it is necessary transition, and nothing could have really been cut (though some could have been added).
Old 2015-07-02, 08:32   Link #18
marvelB

Quote:
The secret was pretty much out the moment Usopp knocked out Sugar, as many of those toys were influential people from all around the world.

True, many of the people enslaved by the toy curse were marines and government officials, but the question here is, just how much weight would their words hold? Can it be guaranteed that the WG wouldn't just brush their claims under the carpet and merely make scapegoats out of the Luffy/Law alliance? In the end, I feel that someone with Fujitora's level of authority is the only sort of person who can expose the truth of these matters. Anyone else would be ignored or "silenced" in favor of whatever convenient fabrication the WG craps out instead.
Old 2015-07-02, 08:42   Link #19
Slayerx

Quote:
Not really. When Luffy saved alabasta the world government covered it up and gave the credit to smoker. The world government would have tried to do the same here; They would have sidelined their own role in Doffy's rise to power and gave fujitora credit for Doffy's downfall. What Fujitora just did was make it impossible for world government to cover up what happened. The world now know that the world government and shickibukai system was at fault for all the terrible things that happened in dressrosa and that they didn't even have a hand in fixing this mess.
Old 2015-07-02, 09:13   Link #20
SeanQ

still no doffy eyes =(