AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2016-08-20, 23:59   Link #12021
kira_jesus_yamato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Rising Dragon meant this:

We've known about it since February, hence what the "late to the party" comment was about.
oh....I see should have not jumped that quick to post.
kira_jesus_yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-27, 09:17   Link #12022
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

A bit late, but what did Morosawa suffer? Also, poor Fukuda for being left alone.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-12, 23:07   Link #12023
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
A bit late, but what did Morosawa suffer? Also, poor Fukuda for being left alone.
It's mostly due to aortic dissection based on this article.
Old 2017-07-25, 13:39   Link #12024
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
It's mostly due to aortic dissection based on this article.
I get the feeling that Morosawa is more than Fukuda's wife; she could be his muse.

I guess this could be the possible reason why Fukuda didn't play a huge role in Cross Ange's production.
Old 2017-08-11, 17:43   Link #12025
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Seed and Destiny will have a new English dub.

The cast includes:

Max Mittelman as Kira
Chris Hackney as Athrun
Stephanie Sheh as Lacus
Sandy Fox as Haro
Cherami Leigh as Cagalli
Erica Mendez as Flay
Lucien Dodge as Sai
Cassandra Morris as Miriallia
Colin DePaula as Tolle
Eddy Lee as Kuzzey
Daman Mills as Yzak
Johnny Yong Bosch as Dearka
Casey Mongillo as Nicol

http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/...sh-dub/.120036
Old 2017-08-11, 22:36   Link #12026
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:

The cast includes:

Max Mittelman as Kira
Chris Hackney as Athrun
Stephanie Sheh as Lacus
Sandy Fox as Haro
Cherami Leigh as Cagalli
Erica Mendez as Flay
Lucien Dodge as Sai
Colin DePaula as Tolle
Eddy Lee as Kuzzey
Daman Mills as Yzak
Casey Mongillo as Nicol

Looks like this is going to be for the HD Remasters of Seed and Seed Destiny, which could be released on Blu-Ray or various streaming services.
Old 2017-08-13, 18:34   Link #12027
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Christian La Monte will handle the project

http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/encyc....php?id=147409
Old 2017-08-14, 09:59   Link #12028
cyberdemon

Quote:

The cast includes:

Max Mittelman as Kira
Chris Hackney as Athrun
Stephanie Sheh as Lacus
Sandy Fox as Haro
Cherami Leigh as Cagalli
Erica Mendez as Flay
Lucien Dodge as Sai
Colin DePaula as Tolle
Eddy Lee as Kuzzey
Daman Mills as Yzak
Casey Mongillo as Nicol

I feel mixed on this. I loved Seed and am glad to see the remaster getting a release. However I liked the original dub so it will feel weird to get completely new voices for it.
Old 2017-08-15, 02:15   Link #12029
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Looks like Coordinators could become real:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2...ealth-science/
Old 2017-09-17, 21:24   Link #12030
carmolita

I also prefer the original dubb and have no interest in buying the new one. IMO the voices for athrun and Kira were perfect in the original and I can't imagine anyone else playing the role. There just trying to find new ways to make money.
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-13, 20:38   Link #12031
n0m@n
C-Z

I recently watched GS and GSD remaster and also listened to the drama-CD which came with each of the GSD BR boxset (Jap version). And there were several things which caught my attention.

1.) Kira's status
Spoiler for 1:

2.) ZAFT soldiers also has 'ranks' similar to EA.
Spoiler for 2:

3.) ORB union ranks.
Spoiler for 3-1:

Spoiler for 3-2:

Spoiler for 3-3:

4.) Bias from the creators
Spoiler for 4:

I know drama-CDs are supposed to be entertaining but there were several things which felt like an awkward input after 8 years since the series ended (since the REMASTERED version came out 4 years ago in 2013 and original ended in 2005). I didn't think of it much back then since I listened to drama-CDs without thinking much, but after listening it again recently and thinking carefully it feels weird.

Last edited by n0m@n; 2017-10-13 at 21:06.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-13, 22:21   Link #12032
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Congratulations, SEED. Somehow you've managed to become even more retarded in your attempts to bend over backwards for Kira.

As for Athrun vs Kira in the original run, if you look at it from the angle of Athrun's objective in the fight (Killing Kira), he failed. Kira survived, and his Gundam was also intact and able to be salvaged completely by ORB, whereas his own Gundam was completely destroyed. So in some ways, yes, it was Athrun's loss.
Old 2017-10-13, 22:46   Link #12033
S.Freedom

As for zaft ranks.

It makes sense in a way. You really can't have everyone be the same rank. The color of uniform just provides an easy visual indicator. Like the number of stars on a generals/admirals shoulders. And weather you have one star or four your still addressed as general/admiral. *shrugs*

As for Kira holding rank in both Orbs military and ZAFT. Considering his sister leads one and his girlfriend/future wife leads the other. Pretty easy I'd think considering both Cagalli and Lacus trust Kira and are on good terms themselves. Realistically speaking, I think it's similar to Eisenhower's position going into the Normandy invasion in that he commanded American and British military forces.

As for Kira "winning" the Strike vs. Aegis fight. I think the viewpoint is that Kira "forced" Athrun to self-destruct. As such didn't technically win considering both Kira and the Strike returned to action. As for Luna's comments on the subject, you have to remember that she was an Athrun fangirl at the time. So she was likely exaggerating it.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-13, 23:15   Link #12034
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Congratulations, SEED. Somehow you've managed to become even more retarded in your attempts to bend over backwards for Kira.

As for Athrun vs Kira in the original run, if you look at it from the angle of Athrun's objective in the fight (Killing Kira), he failed. Kira survived, and his Gundam was also intact and able to be salvaged completely by ORB, whereas his own Gundam was completely destroyed. So in some ways, yes, it was Athrun's loss.
It really is shocking. There's too much of a favourism involved lol.

It certainly makes sense. Athrun really didn't fulfill his objective since he couldn't kill Kira or even destroy Strike.

...To be honest, this is really embarrasing but I was a Kira fanboy myself. Though there was so much comments where people supported Athrun so few of us had to use the two objectives mentioned about to claim it was DRAW at best since we were the minority back then lol. ....Though finding it out this way many years after the series ended was like a slap in the face. I really don't know how to feel about this lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
As for zaft ranks.

It makes sense in a way. You really can't have everyone be the same rank. The color of uniform just provides an easy visual indicator. Like the number of stars on a generals/admirals shoulders. And weather you have one star or four your still addressed as general/admiral. *shrugs*

As for Kira holding rank in both Orbs military and ZAFT. Considering his sister leads one and his girlfriend/future wife leads the other. Pretty easy I'd think considering both Cagalli and Lacus trust Kira and are on good terms themselves. Realistically speaking, I think it's similar to Eisenhower's position going into the Normandy invasion in that he commanded American and British military forces.
It does make sense though it would have great if they used the ranks for the ZAFT soldiers on the TV series. So finding it out this way is a huge shock for me

Amuro was also someone who had no military training so he could only stay as captain in EA. It's scary how Lacus and Cagalli can ignore that and give such ranking to Kira who also has no military training This shows how having connections is unfair lol.
Old 2017-10-13, 23:39   Link #12035
S.Freedom

Eh, Kira seems smart enough to know his limits and seek advice when and where he feels necessary.

And while it would have been nice for them to have used the ranks on tv. I think it's more a hindsight action on the writers part. They apparently thought they'd goofed by not using actual ranks.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-14, 01:02   Link #12036
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
That's not at all comparable. Eisenhower's situation was him overseeing operations in a war to coordinate allied efforts. It's a massive difference between that and actually holding rank in two separate militaries during peacetime.

Never mind the massive conflict of interest he'd present in politics. Whatever its neutral stance, ORB has proven itself to be an enemy nation to ZAFT in two separate wars. Legally and politically, this is a massive fuck-up.
Old 2017-10-14, 02:50   Link #12037
AnimeFangirl

Kira ultimately winning the battle is fine with me, but to trot out Shinn of all people just to make him fawn over Kira? They're stretching the limits of belief really really thin.
Old 2017-10-14, 09:42   Link #12038
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Don't know if it's useful but Kira was kinda undefeatable in the first SEED series. In one fight, he nearly tries to kill Athrun but is stopped by Nicole (was that his name? Been long since I haven't watched the series). In the next fight, Kira and Athrun go Patlabor with both punching each other. Still, Kira always had assistants in SEED. However, Athrun accomplished his mission of destroying the Strike so he kind of won. The only other guy who nearly took him down was Rau. It confused me how they managed to the Freedom after that fight.

Still, Shinn did defeat Kira in Destiny after learning his patterns. I know a lot hate Destiny Kira, but I think in one of the Super Robot Wars, one of the "Char clones" convinces Kira not to hold back and kill enemies.
Old 2017-10-14, 09:56   Link #12039
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Kira holding back too much... Even as his fanboy, I really hate that he won't kill no matter what... Well, at least he trying to kill Durandal
Old 2017-10-14, 14:14   Link #12040
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Don't know if it's useful but Kira was kinda undefeatable in the first SEED series. In one fight, he nearly tries to kill Athrun but is stopped by Nicole (was that his name? Been long since I haven't watched the series). In the next fight, Kira and Athrun go Patlabor with both punching each other. Still, Kira always had assistants in SEED. However, Athrun accomplished his mission of destroying the Strike so he kind of won. The only other guy who nearly took him down was Rau. It confused me how they managed to the Freedom after that fight.

Still, Shinn did defeat Kira in Destiny after learning his patterns. I know a lot hate Destiny Kira, but I think in one of the Super Robot Wars, one of the "Char clones" convinces Kira not to hold back and kill enemies.
His mission was to kill Kira. As far as destroying the Strike, he did a pretty shit job at it, since it was easily salvaged and rebuilt. Can't say the same of the Aegis. Even with the participants neutralized for a time, the ZAFT side of the conflict took far heavier losses than the EA side, so it's hard to see it as any victory other than pyrrhic, which kind of defeats the point of winning at all.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep