Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-08-03, 00:23   Link #2141
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
The heavens know it's been a long time coming ever since the very first chapter of "To Love-Ru", so many years ago...
And that's the "curse" of a comedy-ecchi setting ie. real development is rare and scarely distributed. It has gotten better in TLR: D, I'm not denying it. Rito's perma-freaking out counts towards the "curse" which might be the only tiresome part for me by now.

@Haruna: You guys are taking it a bit too extreme with the hate/dislike-train. One cannot decide whom to fall in love with though I find Haruna more "boring" myself as well and consider myself as a great Lala fanboy. But what can you expect between Shy/Timid girl and Shy-around-the-girl-he-likes guy? Thanks to my VN addiction I know that you can take the Timid Girl-archetype to a better approach.
I assume that his liking Haruna past-Lala's settling in is because she remains as one of the few "normal" ones. No crazy inventions, no heart attack when waking up, no "HOW SHAMELESS" everytime you've been seen, etc even though after all the time that has passed, you would assume Rito would have gotten used to at least a few points of the "list" (like his legendary ecchi-tripping ability) ...
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 00:55   Link #2142
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
@Haruna: You guys are taking it a bit too extreme with the hate/dislike-train. One cannot decide whom to fall in love with though I find Haruna more "boring" myself as well and consider myself as a great Lala fanboy. But what can you expect between Shy/Timid girl and Shy-around-the-girl-he-likes guy? Thanks to my VN addiction I know that you can take the Timid Girl-archetype to a better approach.
I assume that his liking Haruna past-Lala's settling in is because she remains as one of the few "normal" ones. No crazy inventions, no heart attack when waking up, no "HOW SHAMELESS" everytime you've been seen, etc even though after all the time that has passed, you would assume Rito would have gotten used to at least a few points of the "list" (like his legendary ecchi-tripping ability) ...
no no... what is about is that... even throught haruna said to lala that she loves Rito... she does NOTHING in order to confess... she is not backstabbing Lala as she knows about it already and is ok and even encurages her to confess to rito (as she knows that rito likes her too)

and second thing is that durring the whole 1series Rito at least tried numerous times to confess to Haruna but there was some misfortune and it ended badly and at the end he was not able to confess..... he was close of it at the last chapter of 1st series.... but thanks to Oshizu it ended up as misfortune too...

at the first chapter of darkness series... Lala encouraged rito to confess to haruna now !! but for rito it was too sudden and was not able to.... well confessing in school building where haruna travels with friends is bad idea (as it would spread rummors... that rito broke with lala... so more trouble avaits)

so generally the main point of it is that "Haruna even throught she loves Rito [or at least belives she does...and it has nothing to do that many girls are interested in rito even lala who changed everyone around her... so from sheer jelousy since as soon as lala appeared next to rito she suddently remembered that she loves rito too..... come on] she does not even try to confess.... while rito had numerous try's

it looks like Haruna only waits for rito's confession to her... and not the other way around.... so she is the "easy path going type" why should I try and stress myself out from the confession that it takes a lot to do.... but you can just wait for the person you love to confess to you >__<.... maybe she thinks that if lala knows she will push rito to confess to her [like using lala for her own purpose]

but man I just cant wait to see her look on face when she starts to notice that there are way more girls around rito than just lala..... that if something doesnt go good with lala he still will be around lots of girls so waiting is pointless and will need to take some action too (after 170chapters of the whole series) ^^

well im not all that hate about harunas char but her posture off "not trying to confess herself but just waiting like a vegetable"....maybe haruna is shy.... but come on Yui is shy too... and her defence mechanism before ecchi things is her yelling out "shameless !!" yet even she as a shy person done more in few chapetrs than haruna for 170chapters >_< (remember the shirt-rito's room chapter for example xD).... so harunas not doing anything becouse she is shy is not ont he place right now.... yui knows about lala yet she try's herself anyway... and it's strange that even celine preffers to cling to Yui than Haruna ^^ so even celine likes yui more than she likes haruna :P

as for current chap... I seriously think that "little momo" with this long hair looked awsome and cute like hell xD
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 01:16   Link #2143
Divini
Senpai!

For some reason it felt like I was reading the original To Love-Ru manga while reading chapter 10.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 03:18   Link #2144
Aesthetic Shampoo

Loved chapter 10. It's been forever since Lala got development
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 03:40   Link #2145
Used Can

The thing is that you guys are expecting too much from Rito. The poor chap is basically the most generic, blandest MC/harem-lead out there. He's probably more average than you and me. Hell, at the age he is, he seems to have less hormones compared to your average teenager. All he wants is a normal life. Haruna fits perfectly in this, because she's the most normal of the girls. Moreover, given her bland personality, she's not bound to cause any problems. In addition, she's probably the type of girl that does what she's told, so in that regard, Rito can feel secure and in control.

All the other girls are bound to bring him trouble, or simply aren't submissive.
Old 2011-08-03, 04:24   Link #2146
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Some people in this thread can't contain their hate for Haruna. It happens all the time in this thread, and there isn't really any point to giving it any attention unless you want to go along with it.

Also, I'm glad the ending for the original wasn't retconned after all. I wonder why Yami made that expression. Both Mikan and Lala looked adorable with their hair set up somewhat differently as well.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 07:39   Link #2147
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Some people in this thread can't contain their hate for Haruna. It happens all the time in this thread, and there isn't really any point to giving it any attention unless you want to go along with it.

Also, I'm glad the ending for the original wasn't retconned after all. I wonder why Yami made that expression. Both Mikan and Lala looked adorable with their hair set up somewhat differently as well.
well everyone likes who he likes ^^ I dont even cover that I dont like harunas char or more like her way of doing... she is not soo submissive and does what is told XD since Lala said to her "confess to Rito [series 1]" and so far no action taken in this dirrection :P

as for yami... you have to look on the book she's reading XD "lovers" in past chapters she made a "tayaki dinner" for rito XD and later wanted to hear how it tasted... so its like she wants to know what love is.... she observes what familily is like and how does it feel to have one... now she observes rito kinda in a way of "what do other girls see in him.... need to know...gota observe him for a while"
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 08:51   Link #2148
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Looks like they officially mentioned Tearju
Oh boy, I can't wait for her to appear.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 09:32   Link #2149
Soraya21

Super fast release is super fast this month.

I can follow Momo's logic on this one. There's really no point in denoting who holds the older sister position between twins when they're only suppose to be minutes apart. Though I have a feeling that the whole issue was dropped entirely after only Momo they both hit puberty.

So Yami's moving onto romance novels now? The next step: just wait for her to 'casually' wander into the R-17 section of a bookstore & partake in some of the shrink-wrap goodness, then the harem plan can truly take affect.

Lala's such a sweetheart in this chapter. For some reason, I initially thought she had a hidden, devious side about her after first reading the spoilers. Though I'm glad this didn't turn out to be the case.

Concerning Haruna. I really don't mind this sort of revelation/development, since there needs to be a suitable reason for Rito to adamantly refuse the Harem Plan to begin with. Not to mention that this shouldn't really be a surprise to anyone here, since Lala herself explicitly stated at the end of the original series that Rito loved Haruna more than her.

On the flip side, this can also be taken as a sign that Haruna will be receiving the least focus out of the main cast, since she's representing the whole monogamy angle now, which lies on the opposite spectrum of what Darkness is striving towards. Though really, this is only in regards to what Rito feels about how their relationship should be. We still don't know much on Haruna's take regarding the whole "sharing" situation. Odds are she'll probably have a conservative view on it, but you never know.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 10:31   Link #2150
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
The thing is that you guys are expecting too much from Rito. The poor chap is basically the most generic, blandest MC/harem-lead out there.
Nope, that honor goes to Kei from Asobi ni Ikuyo!. Watch the final ep for proof.

Quote:
at the age he is, he seems to have less hormones compared to your average teenager. All he wants is a normal life. Haruna fits perfectly in this, because she's the most normal of the girls. Moreover, given her bland personality, she's not bound to cause any problems.
She hits him whenever they get in perverted situations. Dude would end up spending their honeymoon on a stretcher

Quote:
Looks like they officially mentioned Tearju
Oh boy, I can't wait for her to appear.
I was ready to sign off on her not appearing after Mea's 'master' ended up looking like Yami's twin, but Yabuki loves stringing me along. Rito needs to get over this Haruna nonsense soon so he can get intimate with Tearju once she arrives
Old 2011-08-03, 10:51   Link #2151
Xagzan

Lala was so cute this chapter! That hairstyle too. But curses that that scene was only in Momo's imagination. I don't hate Haruna myself, but I'm glad when Rito's feelings for Lala are addressed. I still have hopes that Lala will be the harem's queen, especially since she'll be the only eligible one for queen of Deviluke. Speaking of which, I loved the flashbacks too. Little Momo with long hair was adorable.

And is it just me, or was Mikado hotter than ever this chapter? My eyes almost popped out of my head when she showed up. I also wonder what Mea meant when she said "wonderful."
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 13:28   Link #2152
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
And Lala proves why she's still my number one girl, even with Yui in as close second (we need more Yui NAO)... and as for Rito still hung up with Haruna, there's a very simple explanation: you need to put yourselves in the right mindset. Most of us here are 20+, well out of high school, and learned to move on if stuff doesn't go as expected in the romance department. But consider Rito: he's still in early high school, and Haruna is his first love (or really, crush)... how many of us ever got over our first crush at that point? Granted, he has all these other girls around him (something I'm sure none of us ever had ), but as long as Rito's still in early high school... getting over Haruna as his first crush won't be happening. Fortunately, he's making developments slowly (emphasis on the slowly)... and I really don't see Rito ever getting fully over Haruna until this manga's end, assuming it goes full harem mode

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 13:44   Link #2153
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
And Lala proves why she's still my number one girl, even with Yui in as close second (we need more Yui NAO)...
Amennnn

Quote:
and as for Rito still hung up with Haruna, there's a very simple explanation: you need to put yourselves in the right mindset. Most of us here are 20+, well out of high school, and learned to move on if stuff doesn't go as expected in the romance department. But consider Rito: he's still in early high school,
Isn't his class around 15-16 by now? Mea and Nana and Momo are the freshmen I believe.

Quote:
and Haruna is his first love (or really, crush)... how many of us ever got over our first crush at that point? Granted, he has all these other girls around him (something I'm sure none of us ever had ), but as long as Rito's still in early high school... getting over Haruna as his first crush won't be happening. Fortunately, he's making developments slowly (emphasis on the slowly)... and I really don't see Rito ever getting fully over Haruna until this manga's end, assuming it goes full harem mode
Well, my first crush was when I was 8, I was over her by high school.

But I don't think anyone except the extreme Haruna haters wants Rito to forget about her. I for one just don't like her being placed above Lala, who he's spent way more time with by now and should've been moved to number 1 in his heart.
Old 2011-08-03, 13:51   Link #2154
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Tss, Momo is underestimating the power of DFC. She was still very attractive with her flat chest. I had forgotten she was the youngest sister since she's so much more mature than Nana. Well, not that it matters much since they're twins. Nonetheless, imagining her calling Nana "onee-chan" is amusing.

Quote:
Fortunately, he's making developments slowly (emphasis on the slowly)... and I really don't see Rito ever getting fully over Haruna until this manga's end, assuming it goes full harem mode
Indeed, Rito is slowly evolving, and in the right direction at that. He dismissed the harem as a preposterous and even immoral idea at first, but he is starting to consider it as an option. His feelings toward it have changed from "This is wrong!" to "there's no way everything will go our way". He's even the one fantasizing about the haremettes now! That's already tremendous development for him. His fantasies are small time compared to Momo though.
Old 2011-08-03, 14:32   Link #2155
Ashaman

Quote:
He's even the one fantasizing about the haremettes now! That's already tremendous development for him.
Eh, not really. I'm pretty sure he's fantasized about Lala/Haruna before. Maybe even together once or twice. I think Run is a new addition though, which is a step in the right direction.
Old 2011-08-03, 14:38   Link #2156
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Tss, Momo is underestimating the power of DFC. She was still very attractive with her flat chest. I had forgotten she was the youngest sister since she's so much more mature than Nana. Well, not that it matters much since they're twins. Nonetheless, imagining her calling Nana "onee-chan" is amusing.

Indeed, Rito is slowly evolving, and in the right direction at that. He dismissed the harem as a preposterous and even immoral idea at first, but he is starting to consider it as an option. His feelings toward it have changed from "This is wrong!" to "there's no way everything will go our way". He's even the one fantasizing about the haremettes now! That's already tremendous development for him. His fantasies are small time compared to Momo though.
I think the fact that he even said "our way" is a small something.
Old 2011-08-03, 15:59   Link #2157
ForteAnly

It is great that Rito is considering a possible harem. Like Kanon mentioned that is a huge improvement. If Rito wants to make the girls happy then choosing one is not going to be an option. The harem would be a better option for him. The only problem lies if some of chick's involved are willing to share Rito. Run and Yui for example don't want to share Rito. Do you guys think that some of the characters like Yui will eventually give in to the harem if it were a option or is Rito still screwed in some way.
ForteAnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 16:16   Link #2158
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I also wonder what Mea meant when she said "wonderful."
That seems to be her catch phrase, she always tends to say it. I guess she's just content but it does seem a bit off.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 16:30   Link #2159
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForteAnly View Post
It is great that Rito is considering a possible harem. Like Kanon mentioned that is a huge improvement. If Rito wants to make the girls happy then choosing one is not going to be an option. The harem would be a better option for him. The only problem lies if some of chick's involved are willing to share Rito. Run and Yui for example don't want to share Rito. Do you guys think that some of the characters like Yui will eventually give in to the harem if it were a option or is Rito still screwed in some way.
Momo has to work on Yui before that can happen.

And then, she really has to "work" on her
Old 2011-08-03, 20:14   Link #2160
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
DANGIT, forget everyone else! Gimme my dere-over-Rito Yami already!

Tags
ecchi, fake harem, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen