AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-06-20, 09:43   Link #261
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
I do recall an incident in the ADF when a soldier's F88A2 (our version of the AUG) suffered from a critical failure caused by excessive pressure which in turn caused the bolt assembly to pretty much explode through the plastic furniture.

Cut the hell out of his cheek.

The only real fault I'm familiar with with the F88 is that it doesn't like blank rounds during training. They often fail to eject even with the Blank Firing Adapter in place.
Our F88 Austeyrs are still a rifleman's rifle. I can hit groupings of ~50 mm with it, lol.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 14:15   Link #262
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Hi guys, sorry to interrupt your discussion, but

I am new to the field of guns. I have never held a gun before and only saw them tucked in policemen pouches. I am wondering if I have to get any kind of licence to fire a gun. I know you have to have a licence to own one, but how about firing?

It's just that I feel I need to know more about these dangerous weapons, if i ever were to be forced to use one.

Thanks for your help!

I am nobody, just a simple resource cabinet.....
MitsubishiZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 15:33   Link #263
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsubishiZero View Post

I am new to the field of guns. I have never held a gun before and only saw them tucked in policemen pouches. I am wondering if I have to get any kind of licence to fire a gun. I know you have to have a licence to own one, but how about firing?

It's just that I feel I need to know more about these dangerous weapons, if i ever were to be forced to use one.

Thanks for your help!
In some European countries, you first have to prove you have a clean record (by requesting {this is a rough translation in English} a "certificate of proper lifestyle/morals") in order to gain the right to own a weapon.

Then you are to sign up at a state-registered shooting range where you are required to learn the basics of firearm maintenance and at the very least prove that you are not clumsy enough to inadvertently shoot yourself in the foot - or worse, someone else's.

On top of that, you've got to prove to a firearms/safety inspector that you do have a secure location in your home (a safe, for example, or an inconspicuous cabinet) wherein you can store the weapon (preferably under lock), away from casual/indiscriminate reach (the case of children being the foremost argument for this condition).

I heard - don't take my word for granted, I'm trying to recall what one of my friends (who was trying to get a right to own a pistol and a competition bolt action rifle) told me - that the right to carry a weapon is kind of separate from the right to own one, but you need a good justification for that application (like self-protection, risky profession, etc.)...unless, of course, the gun stays home and doesn't ever go outside, save for the shooting range. Dunno whether the legislation changed since I heard that; it was a long time ago, mind you.

But that's how it's done in my country. Dunno how it goes in the US or in Canada, but make no mistake, there is paperwork to wade through if your country imposes strict regulations on firearms ownership and use.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2011-06-20 at 15:45.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 16:20   Link #264
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

Thanks for your help!
I think you're better off asking your local shooting club than random strangers on the internet who don't even live in the relevant jurisdiction... (Or, if you're really worried, your local police station?)

I guess that shooting a gun under supervision from someone who knows which end the bullet comes out of doesn't require a license (that'd be a bit of a catch-22 where you need a license to learn enough to earn a license...), but it's just that: a guess.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 20:01   Link #265
Lost Cause

Quote:

Thanks for your help!
I'm not sure how gun-laws in Canada work and you would be better off to contact a local gun club or police station and inquire as to what sort of documents you need to get. I did hear though at one point it took almost a year for a Canuck to get range time!
State side it depends on the state! Some states require a permit to both own and carry a gun, some just a permit to carry. I have a concealed carry permit both here in Virginia and in my home state of Alabama. Plus I hear that when and if the state of Illinois gets there carry permits going, that there may be a national carry permit so a person can carry in all 50 states!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 21:01   Link #266
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Thanks guys for your replies! I will check the local regulations then.

Isn't it a bit unnerving to know somebody out there could be carrying a gun? Those things can fall into wrong hands and you never know who has the guts to use it, when legislation are no longer an issue to these criminals. My legs would go jelly if somebody threatens me with a gun, no matter real or not. Don't get me wrong, I will still fight for my life, but that bullet could bury itself into me any minute. There was a few recent shootings that resulted in deaths in Toronto, that's why I am worried.

Other than that, I actually quite like to try some guns. Sniper guns, machine guns, pistols etc. I know absolutely nothing about guns, but whenever I see one of my classmates showoff his gun and rifle collection on facebook, I just want to get in touch with one. You look so cool with a gun and sunglasses XDDD

I am nobody, just a simple resource cabinet.....
MitsubishiZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 22:34   Link #267
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
My Permission to Acquire (A Firearm) turned up today.

Rang up the gun store but the scope mounts haven't turned up yet.

Damn it all.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 19:41   Link #268
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Have you fired yet? Don't need a mount to start the fun.
Old 2011-06-21, 21:55   Link #269
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Have you fired yet? Don't need a mount to start the fun.
You do if it doesn't have regular sights. Some rifles are bare, that is they don't come with regular barrel mounted sights like sniper rifles and some hunting rifles, so you have to put a scope on them.
MitsubishiZero: If and when you get started shooting, what's going to be your first gun to try out?

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Old 2011-06-21, 21:59   Link #270
LMF

Guns, eh?

All I got is a pocket knife attracted to an awesome nail clippers.
LMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 21:26   Link #271
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Picked up my T-Bolt yesterday but there are no mounts available from my stores suppliers so I'm going back to my original plan of ordering a set of Conetrol CUSTUM rings and bases from the States.

EDIT:

Here's a photo I did up for the blokes I'm ordering the mounts off.

Last edited by grylsyjaeger; 2011-06-24 at 03:15.
Old 2011-06-25, 12:29   Link #272
JC...
I am a Pie

How many people have you killed with that bad boy?
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 22:15   Link #273
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

It's a 22LR, mate.

And no, this ain't Shooter.

My sling turned up last night too.

It's a pisser;

It's all leather but it really does look like barbed wire... Sadly it didn't come with any sling swivels so I had to order some of those as well.

Old 2011-06-26, 17:46   Link #274
Laguna Loire
Banned

I've fired various handguns and a .22 rifle.
Laguna Loire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 20:57   Link #275
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna Loire View Post
I've fired various handguns and a .22 rifle.
Welcome to the forum! And don't keep us in suspense, what have you shot? Pistol wise that is.

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Old 2011-07-08, 08:11   Link #276
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

These guys have too MUCH time on their hands. And too much imagination to spare.

Really.
Old 2011-07-08, 20:01   Link #277
Lost Cause

lol! I've seen that exactly once, and turned it off! They build pure nonsense and nothing practicle! How much did the "Triple M16" cost? The reason I ask is it might be actually cheaper to buy an M249!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Old 2011-07-08, 22:41   Link #278
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
How much did the "Triple M16" cost? The reason I ask is it might be actually cheaper to buy an M249!
But is it even legal to own a M249 ?
Old 2011-07-09, 04:10   Link #279
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
lol! I've seen that exactly once, and turned it off! They build pure nonsense and nothing practicle! How much did the "Triple M16" cost? The reason I ask is it might be actually cheaper to buy an M249!
Owning an M16 is a hobby to start with (unless you're some kind of PMC, I guess?). They might as well go for what interests them.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 06:14   Link #280
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

The idea of putting three weapons together isn't new.

I recall Kalashnikov experimented with the design for a bull pup assault rifle with three barrels side by side and fed from a like a quad stack magazine.

That said the tri-AR is pretty neat but would be pretty useless in any form of engagement.

Tags
firearms, guns