AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-10-01, 20:46   Link #1
Yakult

A medical question

This sounds really awkward asking here, but this is probably the only forum I check regularly so here I go...

Recently my mother has said that she's been getting some type of fluid coming out of her breasts (the nipple area). I've researched a little by google-ing and apparently they all link to breast cancer, imbalance of hormones (increase level of prolactin), or something called 'mastitis'. Does anyone know what else it might be? She's going to get it checked out tommorow but just wondering if anyone can give some quick possibilities. Hopefully she doesn't have breast cancer... She's 44 and not overweight since being overweight seems to be a huge factor >_<
Yakult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-01, 22:52   Link #2
Sankari

I'm sorry to hear that and I hope its nothing serious. I can't help you with this though since I'm not familiar with the symptoms.
Sankari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-01, 22:54   Link #3
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Hope everything turns out well for your mom.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 00:16   Link #4
edkwon
Banned

Youve already covered most of the bases with internet research, you should get the rest of the info from an experience physician not a bunch of internet forum ppl with little or no formal medical training, no sense in senseless scaring yourself or your mom.

Ed
edkwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 00:21   Link #5
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

sometimes its normal, i have heard of the wetness happening before, best to get it checked out at not start worrying tonight. there is no pain or tenderness right? if something hurts go to the doctor immediately
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 01:26   Link #6
ImClueless
Rawr

Weren't you also the one who posted about cold sores? Anyway for something more serious definitely wait for a real doctor's diagnosis. Apparantly one of the things that doctors are getting annoyed about now is the amount of people self-diagnosing themselves and then getting all freaked out at the doctor's office thinking they have all these horrible and exotic diseases . Hopefully, it nothing too serious.
ImClueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 01:30   Link #7
Shakugan no Shana
Zoroastrian

Found it. Well.. about Mastitis, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastitis Wiki is the best place for information. Well, I hope everything goes well.

It does link abit to Breast Cancer, but from what I've read so far, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflammatory_breast_cancer It can, and it also cannot lead to Breast Cancer. Hope everything ends well for your mom, May god be with her.
Shakugan no Shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 01:46   Link #8
SweetHoney
~Nanchatte Renai
*Scanlator

=O I hope she hasn't got cancer though what you said it could be hormones they go crazy everytime to someone in the world though by the look and info it is possible it is breast cancer. I hope the best for your mum and you hopefully it isn't breat cancer and maybe just a horomone rage
Old 2006-10-02, 09:29   Link #9
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Wow, I'm soprry to hear that. I wish the best for the results. Not that I'm an expert or anything (being a guy), but I think that usually a self-testing would at least be the way to gauge whether or not she might have breast cancer. And the doctor, of course.

But, hell, what do I know? Not much, probably.
Old 2006-10-02, 10:05   Link #10
KNETTER2000
Rei! What have you done!

hope it's nothing bad..
seeing as she's getting it checked, there's nothing any of us can say what it might be more .. just wait for the diagnosis of the docter..

and don't go worrying yourself on the links you got from google.. I've seen too many people taking that a s a final answer and then worrying themselves sick over the outcome..
KNETTER2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 19:58   Link #11
emothekat
Has a Muffin

Location: I am currently glued to my comp. chair...does that answer you question? T_T *muffin*
I'm sorry
I really hope things turn out okay
emothekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 09:02   Link #12
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
eventhough you ask here, i still suggest to also ask a physician i heard someone say that sometimes such an occurance is normal, but remember were all random people that did not do medical degree and were not trained physicians, i hope your mom will be okay, breast cancer can be a dangerous and difficult thing
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote