Notices

Old 2007-05-27, 03:39   Link #1081
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Dying is what I think will cause their relationship to not happen. Just my personal thought. I said this before and someone said this show was too light for that. Well after episode 7, it is not light any more.
ep 7 isnt as dark as you think tbh...and with that the chances of a kazuma x ayano relationship still remains pretty high...while i would love for them to be together killing one of them off (i vote ayano) is going to make kazuma unleash hell...if he is unable to protect his love again (deja vu) i dont think he can live anymore thinking to himself what a failure he is...so heres hoping that the most ayano will get is seriously injured...enough for kazuma to think shes dead so he can open a can of whoop ass on the swines :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerseiD999 View Post
If you think Kazuma is a “good” person, a few examples of what have been omitted or changed in the anime.

Spoiler:

While most people think Ayano needs to grow up and mature, which is true, Kazuma also needs to learn (from Ayano) how to trust again. After all, people tend to treat others the way they themselves used to being treated.

I personally like Ayano a lot. She has the fighting spirit, determination and a sweet personality, naïve and stubborn she is, she is only 16, she can surely beat some sense into Kazuma's skull in 6 years time with her Enraiha.
well a change in the anime means an overall change in kazuma's personality...therefore you cant compare the two or even predict what can happen in some cases...but its interesting...
Spoiler:

ayano x kazuma's love child? omg ill love to see that...maybe at the end of the series when we see them living happily ever after the would be a flash forward to the future where we see kazuma training the kids...wind + fire = youve been pwned XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 03:51   Link #1082
usagijen

I see... I didn't read that part with the Fuugas (because I was still on 'skipping mode' that time x_x). And yes, that killing of the Fuuga clan is really brutal x__X

It's confirmed in the novel that Kazuma is indeed coldhearted and ruthless to people he considers 'strangers'. On the other hand, he certainly lives up to his word and protects the people he treasures. Seeing as to how 'dark' he is in the novel makes you see the drastic change that happened with the experiences he's gone through...

Spoiler:

Last edited by usagijen; 2007-05-27 at 04:09.
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 05:30   Link #1083
KonW

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagijen View Post
Spoiler:
Usually that plot won't appear until season 2 or 3,,,,,,,,,
KonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 10:30   Link #1084
lightbringer
M9000

Subs for episode 7 are out.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 10:38   Link #1085
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonW View Post

lol if it gets that far. Lately alot of good anime rarely get past season 1.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 10:57   Link #1086
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonW View Post
hehe... well, not in Kaze no Stigma's case ^^
Given that GONZO will cover the six volumes of the manga (or even five volumes, since that part is shown in this volume), then we'll be able to witness this really 'dramatic' event ^^
Old 2007-05-27, 11:59   Link #1087
TigerII
Pilot in Training

That was fast(Episode 7 sub)
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 13:58   Link #1088
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah I was a little surprised to find the sub was already out. Wasn't expecting it for another couple days, though I'm not going to complain about that.

Considering a lot of shows don't get that second season. I'd expect they'd do whatever they can to fit in the 6 volumes. Though if they could get a second season it would've saved them from having to cut as much out of the show. But if they didn't we wouldn't have gotten to read those Deep Frying entries .

Now I'm interested in seeing that 'dramatic event'.
Old 2007-05-27, 14:46   Link #1089
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Are the novels done at 6?
Old 2007-05-27, 18:01   Link #1090
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'd like to know. Why are wind users supposed to be weak at fighting? Flight, invisibility, those blade thingies... They look more unstoppable than anything.

Or are flight and invisibility only for the very strongest of them? Are normal wind attacks and shields useless against their normal fire counterparts?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 18:04   Link #1091
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Or are flight and invisibility only for the very strongest of them? Are normal wind attacks and shields useless against their normal fire counterparts?
youve just answered yourself

wind power for the average mage suxs...its only in the high class where they are considered strong...and in kazuma's case hes haxx strong due to his contract...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-05-27, 18:05   Link #1092
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Will making a contract come back later to haunt him? I mean what did he have to give up..
Old 2007-05-27, 18:12   Link #1093
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's my understanding he gets a major power up when he activates his contract. Doesn't that mean that when his contract isn't activated, he's just using his normal, unhaxxed strength?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 18:21   Link #1094
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Will making a contract come back later to haunt him? I mean what did he have to give up..
well the novel hasnt ended yet and no hints have been dropped so far...but imo the ultimate payment for the contract would be his life...(though i would not like to see it >.<)
Quote:
It's my understanding he gets a major power up when he activates his contract. Doesn't that mean that when his contract isn't activated, he's just using his normal, unhaxxed strength?
hmm well if you think of it this way...by making that contract he has already gained a base line level...this could mean that without invoking the contract he still gets a 30% upgrade from normal...either way its mainly his normal powers but as an extra he has already gained that power...the contract is just something which can increase his power to the max (like like an ace up his sleeves )

Old 2007-05-27, 18:44   Link #1095
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Huh, do you mean life as in his mortal life or soul?
Old 2007-05-27, 19:23   Link #1096
PerseiD999

But to activate that contract thing takes a long time, that's why Kazuma needs a decoy / meat shield and Ayano serves that purpose perfectly...LOL

Quote:
I'd like to know. Why are wind users supposed to be weak at fighting? Flight, invisibility, those blade thingies... They look more unstoppable than anything.
The explanation given in the novel is that, Wind is the lightest of the 4 elements, and is completely harmless in its natural form. In contrast, Fire has the greatest raw power, and can burn things without any extra manipulation.

In order to make Wind useful in battle, the Wind user must be able to control many times more spirits than a Fire user (which means the Wind users must be several levels higher), compress the air to form the blade etc.. while the Fire user can throw out fireballs just like that. So when it comes to two elements fighting at the same level, Wind is definitely the loser.

Besides, for average-low level element users, the number of spirits they can control is rather limited, which makes Wind based combat practically impossible because they can't even create a decent Wind blade or shield with their limited resource.

However, Wind spirit is naturally in plenty because air is everywhere, therefore Wind art is very effective and efficient in searching and distant communication, while Fire art is absolutely useless in this aspect.

Kazuma is definitely not a proper sample in this case, because at the contractor level, I guess it's more appropriate to be categorised as natural disasters rather than Wind arts.
PerseiD999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 19:23   Link #1097
lightbringer
M9000

Well,

Spoiler for various episodes, including ep 7:
Old 2007-05-27, 19:49   Link #1098
PerseiD999

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Well,

Spoiler for various episodes, including ep 7:
Actually Kazuma sort of played dirty during that fight with his dad.

Spoiler:
PerseiD999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 19:56   Link #1099
usagijen

Quote:
Are the novels done at 6?
not yet...

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-27, 19:56   Link #1100
lightbringer
M9000

Lol. That's quite a unique spin you're putting on there. Is that how it's explained in the novel?

At least in the anime, Genma didn't appear to be all that shocked, since he was already in the middle of casting his spell and didn't stop or anything. Kazuma was just able to summon more spirits faster.

Tags
fantasy, shounen