AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-06-29, 12:07   Link #3641
Wandering Soul

It was a nice touch to have that Endeavor fan from earlier be the one that the that continues cheering him on and having faith in him.

Hawks does give interesting perspective on Endeavor. He acknowledges him as the only that was trying surpass All Might, but it's clear that he doesn't know how far Endeavor went. Most readers should know that it doesn't excuse Endeavor's actions and it can be argued that by using that Eugenics plan, Endeavor did technically give up on surpassing All Might.
Old 2018-06-29, 12:20   Link #3642
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Endeavor went Plus Ultra! It was amazing to see him keep fighting despite his injuries. I'm pretty sure he'll manage to take down the Noumu with that attack. Still really worrisome that the the villains managed to create such a monster.

Hawks turned out to be a pretty nice guy after all. Probably the biggest surprise in this chapter.
Old 2018-06-29, 17:01   Link #3643
HtwoN

So Hawk is an Endeavor fan. I never expected that.

Hawk and Endeavor cover each other's weaknesses. They should form a team.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 18:41   Link #3644
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

The thing is, I think Endeavor will not survive this clash with the enhanced nomu. At best he will get out of it alive, but with injuries so dire he can no longer be an active hero.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 18:58   Link #3645
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
The thing is, I think Endeavor will not survive this clash with the enhanced nomu. At best he will get out of it alive, but with injuries so dire he can no longer be an active hero.
I doubt it. Losing two number 1 in just three months would be too much. Who would even take his place? And let's not forget the development he's gotten. He asked All Might for advice, something that would have been completely unthinkable before. His goal isn't to surpass All Might anymore, but to become the new symbol of peace. Hawks also just revealed to us another different positive side of him. No way Hori will write him out after all this build up.
Old 2018-06-29, 19:11   Link #3646
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I doubt it. Losing two number 1 in just three months would be too much. Who would even take his place? And let's not forget the development he's gotten. He asked All Might for advice, something that would have been completely unthinkable before. His goal isn't to surpass All Might anymore, but to become the new symbol of peace. Hawks also just revealed to us another different positive side of him. No way Hori will write him out after all this build up.
Maybe not, but remember MHA does not sugarcoats this reality. At the start of the series All Might was well into his decline due to the brutal wounds he sustained in his fight with AfO, Iida's big brother was incapacitated by Stein and Sir Nighteye (All might's old sidekick) is dead.

If this was a Marvel comic I would think the same as you, heroes will always prevail at the end of the arc and the worst case scenario is that they will die only to be resurrected (something so common in american comics that the real surprise is when a superhero stays dead, can think only of one example).
Old 2018-06-29, 20:52   Link #3647
HtwoN

Quote:
Maybe not, but remember MHA does not sugarcoats this reality. At the start of the series All Might was well into his decline due to the brutal wounds he sustained in his fight with AfO, Iida's big brother was incapacitated by Stein and Sir Nighteye (All might's old sidekick) is dead.

If this was a Marvel comic I would think the same as you, heroes will always prevail at the end of the arc and the worst case scenario is that they will die only to be resurrected (something so common in american comics that the real surprise is when a superhero stays dead, can think only of one example).
If Best Jeanist can return, so can Endeavor. This Noumu isn't even close to AfO's level.

Endeavor will be hospitalized for a couple of weeks for sure. But I think it's the chance for him to make amend to his family.
Old 2018-06-29, 22:01   Link #3648
marvelB

Yeah, I don't see Endeavor biting it, either. He'll most likely be incapacitated after this fight, sure, but not dead or permanently crippled (aside from maybe his eye, anyway). Like others said, it wouldn't make much sense for him to be forced to retire so soon after becoming #1, and especially when he's showing some effort in redeeming himself in both the public and his family's eyes alike....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 22:02   Link #3649
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
If Best Jeanist can return, so can Endeavor. This Noumu isn't even close to AfO's level.
Best Jeanist received one "love tap" from AfO and Endeavor isn't even close to All Might, while the former is at the fitness level of Captain America, the later was on the level of the (Gray) Hulk. This new Nomu is even tougher than the one All might defeated (with lots of effort) in the Unforeseen Simulation Joint Arc

Quote:
Endeavor will be hospitalized for a couple of weeks for sure. But I think it's the chance for him to make amend to his family.
Let's see how the fight plays out in the next chapter, but we will have to wait two weeks since the author is doing "research". Chances are the fight will end in the chapter after the next.

Who knows what we will see next chapter, but if my prediction is true I would think the author is saying two things:

1) Being a professional Hero is though, even with the best of intentions battles with villains can go south (like with Kouta's parents).
2) A symbol of peace is a double edged weapon, placing such a huge responsibility on one person means that if he fails, the whole system can crumble.
Old 2018-06-30, 06:24   Link #3650
HtwoN

I don’t think that’s the point of the arc at all. There will be no single symbol of peace. All Might’s place is too big to be filled by one person. So heroes will have to team up.
Old 2018-06-30, 14:11   Link #3651
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
All Might’s place is too big to be filled by one person. So heroes will have to team up.
That is the reason no matter where you go, Police Officers all dress the same, same for judges in the courts (Judicial Branch), so they can project as Symbols of Law. But superheroes are individualistic existences, not two dress the same, even if they work at the same agency or just a sidekick.
Old 2018-06-30, 17:30   Link #3652
HtwoN

Quote:
That is the reason no matter where you go, Police Officers all dress the same, same for judges in the courts (Judicial Branch), so they can project as Symbols of Law. But superheroes are individualistic existences, not two dress the same, even if they work at the same agency or just a sidekick.
And your point is?
Old 2018-06-30, 18:30   Link #3653
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
And your point is?
The symbol of peace can only be one person, if the hero community as a whole could be seen as a replacement for all might as said icon, there would not be so much uneasiness due to all might's retirement.
Old 2018-06-30, 18:55   Link #3654
HtwoN

Quote:
The symbol of peace can only be one person, if the hero community as a whole could be seen as a replacement for all might as said icon, there would not be so much uneasiness due to all might's retirement.
Ever heard of Avengers? Justice League?

There is no rule that the Symbol of Peace can only be one person. In fact, the hero community should move away from that mindset.
Old 2018-06-30, 19:50   Link #3655
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Ever heard of Avengers? Justice League?
Different universes. Over the years both associations have disbanded (and at one time even Superman died) without there being a in-universe outcry of "what is going to happen to us now!? the villains will rule the world!!!" The MHA universe pays attention to the consequences of actions, meanwhile the Marvel universe has been inconsistent over the years (to many characters written by too many writers doing too many crossovers) and the DC universe reboots so often that I have lost count.
Old 2018-06-30, 20:07   Link #3656
HtwoN

Quote:
Different universes. Over the years both associations have disbanded (and at one time even Superman died) without there being a in-universe outcry of "what is going to happen to us now!? the villains will rule the world!!!" The MHA universe pays attention to the consequences of actions, meanwhile the Marvel universe has been inconsistent over the years (to many characters written by too many writers doing too many crossovers) and the DC universe reboots so often that I have lost count.
MHA is inspired by Golden Age superhero comics. They were pretty consistent back then.

The new movie universes are consistent too if you want to look at something more novel.
Old 2018-06-30, 20:09   Link #3657
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
I don't think that is the case, it simply there never been an avenger like group has established before, the concept of symbol of peace narrowed to single figure.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 20:37   Link #3658
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberstein View Post
I don't think that is the case, it simply there never been an avenger like group has established before, the concept of symbol of peace narrowed to single figure.
Why would there be one in the MHA universe? Remember here heroes are competing with one another for the #1 spot, the higher your rank, the better paid you are by the government! Two chapters ago the #2 hero was sweet talking the #1 to do a team up!!! In american comics a team up is like "hey, let's fight some villains" "Hold my beer". We have hero agencies where a high ranked hero will have several low ranking hero trainees, but no groups where all members are equals in rank, the closest thing is the members of the Vigilantes manga spin-off since they are not competing for ranking.
Old 2018-06-30, 22:17   Link #3659
HtwoN

Quote:
Why would there be one in the MHA universe? Remember here heroes are competing with one another for the #1 spot, the higher your rank, the better paid you are by the government! Two chapters ago the #2 hero was sweet talking the #1 to do a team up!!!
That's exactly why they have to team up and put their competition aside. The villains are getting stronger and there is no All Might anymore. If they aren't working together, they will get wiped out.

Do you know why Hawk suggested Endeavor to team up? Because he knew that he didn't have the strength to take out a noumu by himself. After this battle, Endeavor will understand his limit, thus he will do the same if he's smart (and he is).
Old 2018-06-30, 22:42   Link #3660
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
After this battle, Endeavor will understand his limit, thus he will do the same if he's smart (and he is).
He also has a pride only rivaled by Escanor (at high noon). Remember he has being obsessed his whole adult life with being #1 to the point of having a family so that one that one in his progeny might take that place. He might learn from his mistakes, that is, if he does not end like Christopher Reeve by the end of this fight

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot