AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-19, 01:14   Link #1
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Anime With OST, OP and ED , similar to Gundam Seed, Mai-Hime, Madlax and Higurashi.

I need anime suggestion that has OP, ED or OST very similar to eaither of these animes GSD series, Madlax, Mai Hime and Higurashi.
Mainly i want to find one really similar to Higurashi OPs and EDs. Like the Main OP from Higurashi and also like All alone from the same artist ( Shimamiya Eiko ) . So basically if you know any anime that its OST and OPs are done by Shimamiya Eiko , please suggest too .
Old 2006-10-19, 03:01   Link #2
Gaia
ROW! ROW! FIGHT DA POWAH!
*Graphic Designer

Since the MADLAX & Mai-HiME OSTs are done by Yuki Kajiura, you could get like everything composed by her. All her works are excellent, in my opinion. Try looking for See-Saw and FictionJunction YUUKA. You can also check THIS for a complete list of her works.

Some other links with good overview:

FictionJunction YUUKA Discography
See-Saw Discography

For anime, try NOIR. It comes nearest to MADLAX. Yuki Kajiura composed also music for the .hack//series. You could watch .hack//SIGN, .hack//Liminality and .hack//Roots. Tsubasa Chronicle might also be an option... I just say "a song of storm and fire". Some of those titles are licensed, so you have to buy the DVDs.

I hope, it was a help.

Aesir

Last edited by Gaia; 2006-10-19 at 04:30.
Old 2006-10-19, 04:10   Link #3
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesir View Post
Since the MADLAX & Mai-HiME OSTs are done by Yuki Kajiura, you could get like everything composed by her. All her works are excellent, in my opinion. Try looking for See-Saw and FictionJunction YUUKA. You can also check THIS for a complete list of her works.

Some other links with good overview:

FictionJunction YUUKA Discography
See-Saw Discography

For anime, try NOIR. It comes nearest to MADLAX. Yuki Kajiura composed also music for the .hack//series. You could watch .hack//SIGN, .hack//Liminality and .hack//Roots. Tsubasa Chronicle might also be an opinion... I just say "a song of storm and fire". Some of those titles are licensed, so you have to buy the DVDs.

I hope, it was a help.

Aesir

Thx alot . really helpfull post. By the way do you know any other animes that Shimamiya Eiko might have worked on?.
Old 2006-10-19, 04:17   Link #4
Gaia
ROW! ROW! FIGHT DA POWAH!
*Graphic Designer

Shimamiya Eiko Music Info

She's also on I've Girls Compilation but there isn't too much of her. You might check THIS link.
I just "discovered" her recently. It seems, that she hasn't released much stuff yet. At least not official.

Aesir
Old 2006-10-19, 07:40   Link #5
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

The Mai-HiME opening is, IMO, very similar to the opening of Kimi ga Nozomu Eien which is also sung by Kuribayashi Minami. The GSD OST is composed by Toshihiko Sahashi, who is also the composer of the soundtracks of Gunslinger Girl and Simoun which are excellent.
And I will keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone has good recommendations for similar songs to All Alone or the Higurashi OP because I really like them, too.

Old 2006-10-21, 10:54   Link #6
miaka

Eiko Shimamiya has a new album title "O". It also includes Higurashi no naku kuroni.

I'll second with Tsubasa chronicle. If you enjoy Kajiura Yuki's work in Mai Hime series. She has some really nice vocal songs in TRC like Aikoi, Tsubasa, Dreamscape.
she has some new works like op. theme for Bokumatsu kikansetsu which is sang by Fiction Junction Yuuka. and op theme for shounen onmyouji (Kajiura Yuki composed the tune)
Old 2006-10-22, 11:15   Link #7
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
I'll second with Tsubasa chronicle. If you enjoy Kajiura Yuki's work in Mai Hime series. She has some really nice vocal songs in TRC like Aikoi, Tsubasa, Dreamscape.

I even third that, i dont follow the series but i still listen to the music
Old 2006-10-24, 08:00   Link #8
Shounen
Away for good

I've's music :O
But then again See-saw has been with the .Hack series. But try Full Metal Panic. Has alot of orchestras like the SEED series.

Anyway's search for series with I've compi (KOTOKO, Hiromi Sato, Shimamiya Eiko) and or try Angela's or (Soukyuu no Fafner) or even Takahashi Yoko (Shakugan no Shana, Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai)

I'm talking about the OP/ED parts now, not the directors

anyways easy list:
Hiromi Sato
KOTOKO
Shimamiya Eiko
Takahashi Yoko
See-Saw
FictionJunction YUUKA.
and or Shimokawa Mikuni (FMP series)
Closed Thread