Old 2014-04-18, 20:45   Link #441
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Must say those twins are something

Awww Yoshino just watching tv
Old 2014-04-18, 20:49   Link #442
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Twins definitely stole it already, lol. Only thing that'll make it better is more Kurumi and Kotori.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 20:52   Link #443
crimsonflair
Support Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Must say those twins are something

Awww Yoshino just watching tv
That TV foreshadows all...
crimsonflair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 20:53   Link #444
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed

Just saw the sub for episode 2 , and I must say the hot springs part was really funny although they did change it slightly from the light novel in which Shidou jumps into the ocean after Tohka's giant bread distraction, while in the episode Tohka accidentally bumps Shidou into the ocean, but it's fortunately no big deal as it won't affect the events of volume 5 at all.
Also I see why a lot of people got angry at the staff for how they wrote Tohka during episode 1, since here Tohka was able to realize Shidou got tricked into the women's side by Kaguya and Yuzuru, while in episode 1 she basically jumps to the worst possible conclusion a lot when it concerned Shidou, just because she saw parts of a soap opera Yoshino was watching
Also most importantly I finally got to see what the lyrics of the ending song say, and the lyrics pretty much reflects Shidou's goal of rescuing Tohka during volume 7 very nicely
Old 2014-04-18, 20:59   Link #445
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
See guys, nothing to worry about; much better animation. Like I said, they probably did the old "lower budget for filler episodes" thing with episode 1. Still wasn't a good decision since it was the first episode of the season and first episodes make or break a series for a lot of viewers, but clearly that animation level wasn't the standard for season 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Opening:

I'm liking the chorus since 1:08.
The budget for this opening is even better than the budget they put intot he season 1 opening. Lots more fluid animation.
And that's to say nothing of the awesome song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker213 View Post
Also I see why a lot of people got angry at the staff for how they wrote Tohka during episode 1, since here Tohka was able to realize Shidou got tricked into the women's side by Kaguya and Yuzuru, while in episode 1 she basically jumps to the worst possible conclusion a lot when it concerned Shidou, just because she saw parts of a soap opera Yoshino was watching
Yep, as I said last week the series would soon show how out-of-character Tohka was in episode one. The novels show she's much more understanding and trusting than that, and it'll keep showing even in events that won't be covered this season.
Old 2014-04-18, 21:08   Link #446
rladls716

Of all things, why did those to females have to choose which one of them has more charm and Shido had to be there at that timing?
Those two becoming transfer student all of a sudden without any paperwork.
Shido, if you have to capture the spirits for rest of your life? I am glad I'm not you.
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 21:18   Link #447
kagato3

Ah they cut Origami trying to peep into the men's bath to see Shidou
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 21:36   Link #448
crimsonflair
Support Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls716 View Post
Of all things, why did those to females have to choose which one of them has more charm and Shido had to be there at that timing?
Shido, if you have to capture the spirits for rest of your life? I am glad I'm not you.
For the sake of moving the story forward I guess. Also I'm sure Reine would be able to forge some transfer documents to the school.

I really enjoyed the OP sequence. Somehow it reminds me of the openings of Durarara, but that wasn't the reason. Something that irritates me is that all the animation in the chorus looked too rapid. I would like to see those images in a slower pace.

Now this was the true first episode of the season. My worries for this season have faded away, for now.
crimsonflair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 21:51   Link #449
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls716 View Post
That's what makes this so funny. Shidou has to worry about how to capture spirits and the girls just so happen to want to decide whose more charming it works perfectly. As for them becoming transfer students think about it this way its easier for him to deal with the girls if they join the group because then it explains why their around shidou. (trying to explain without spoiling is hard).
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 23:31   Link #450
AP24

I think it's better to pretend that episode 1 never happened. The OP is even better than the previous season's. Good to see Yoshino since she doesn't appear at all in the LN for this arc.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 23:33   Link #451
II Maestro

The twins are interesting their argument is very much like the tv drama that Yoshino watches at home & suddenly transferring without paperwork.
Old 2014-04-19, 00:18   Link #452
takai
Easy Muffin

The comedy continues to hit its mark this season. I just love it.

So the twins seem pretty fun. I'm feeling Yuzuru a little more though.

Looking forward to more.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 00:44   Link #453
AC-Phoenix
Detective

The twins.. Oh well what could one expect I mean its Date a slut Live >.>

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 01:07   Link #454
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Watched the second episode first and I was impressed by the visuals. I'm getting the impression that if I watched episode one now my eyes would hurt greatly.

That aside, I must say the banter between the twins are greatly entertaining for me and they're constantly picking on each other to get an edge over the other. Kaguya is easily riled up and clearly loses out to Yuzuru much of the time but Yuzuru isn't immune to provocation either. It was also amusing to see the cuts to Yoshino watching a drama involving twins fighting over a guy as well.

The OP and ED are impressive and I'm quite taken to the songs. They're giving a strong challenge to the first season.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 02:29   Link #455
Trung-t-rung

This maybe nitpicking but there is something wrong with Reine here.
NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 02:30   Link #456
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

second episode is lots better than first one

I like the opening so much (where they pictured Kotori in her spirit form)
Kurumi also didn't left out...

and finally, the Yamai sisters are the best... To be honest, Tohka is now in the lowest ranking of attractive spirit rank for me
I want to see what would happen next... and when would Shido make them fall in love with him for real... Origami and Tohka would be super-pissed off
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 02:53   Link #457
Kakurin
大佐

Those cuts to Yoshino were pretty cute. Seeing her reaction while watching the drama. Glad she doesn't get entirely buried beneath all the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
Watched the second episode first and I was impressed by the visuals. I'm getting the impression that if I watched episode one now my eyes would hurt greatly.
I rewatched the first season in the week before episode 1, so imagine how my eyes must have bled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Origami and Tohka would be super-pissed off
Depending on how Shidou acts this isn't necessarily guaranteed for Tohka. Jealous for sure, super-pissed off, that depends. Remember, back at the end of the first season she said she wants Shidou to save those spirits out there. Although she doesn't want to see him kiss them, which unfortunately is unavoidable.
Old 2014-04-19, 03:22   Link #458
yankky5

this latest ep sure is well done considering the rest of the episode of Date A live had a lot of unnecessary side stories and some scenarios that just make no sence
Old 2014-04-19, 05:19   Link #459
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Maestro View Post
The twins are interesting their argument is very much like the tv drama that Yoshino watches at home & suddenly transferring without paperwork.
II Maestro that's the entire point of it. The drama is suppose to be a perfect parallel to the yamai twins addition which is an amusing touch. As for the twins they were my favorite because while kurumi started to bring the fight to shidou these girls completely did.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 05:49   Link #460
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Ah they cut Origami trying to peep into the men's bath to see Shidou
Well to be fair that is a part which they could cut without creating or leaving any significant plot-holes, and in my opinion that part is perfectly fine to cut as it only was meant to be funny, and didn't do anything to bring anything to the plot of volume 5, because I would rather have a part like Origami trying to peep on Shidou while he's in the men's bath be cut, in favor of more major events being able to animated, then the other way around. Besides the bathing part was near the end of the episode so it would've hard been to fit it into the show in the first place

Tags
comedy, harem