great anime
blue_side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 14:59   Link #22
NeoSam

The site for the anime from Kadokawa:

http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/thethird/
Old 2006-04-13, 16:03   Link #23
Akirasuto.

Just saw ep 1, and it didn't go into detail of what happened in the past but I guess that's expected. Oh, she isn't really flat ^_^;
Akirasuto. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 23:14   Link #24
Omniscient

Episode 01 Screencaps and OP/ED

Spoiler:
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 15:15   Link #25
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

The first ep was pretty good. The animation was solid, the CG not too overbearing (like Xebec's other CG work on Fafner) and the music was top notch. The OP by Sasaki Yuuko is awesome. The tune from this song is reused in the show; I guess it's Honoka's theme.

The only downside was the rather intrusive voice over and the weak spider design, but as they only seem to exist (at the moment) to be served up to Honoka's l33t sword dancer skills I'm not too fussed. What I also liked was the Third has a kind of 'retro' feel to it, despite the use of CG. It feels like it's a vintage anime from a few years ago and I thought the tank designs are like something Miyazaki might have come up with.

Speaking of tanks, I just hope Bogey doesn't become the deus ex machina whenever Honoka get in a tight spot, although it's bound to happen...

Oh and to those expecting fanservice; sorry, there's none. Xebec could have made this 'Shana, the Desert Years', but thankfully they made the right choice.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 19:05   Link #26
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
What I also liked was the Third has a kind of 'retro' feel to it, despite the use of CG. It feels like it's a vintage anime from a few years ago and I thought the tank designs are like something Miyazaki might have come up with.
I agree. That and the semi-poems from the girl.

Originally I wasn't interested in this series (post apocalyptic world ::roll eyes:: ); the first episode interests me, however.

I wonder how far the story will go.

By the way, I somehow get "Crest of the Stars" feel from the male (main?) character...

Last edited by Thelastguardian; 2006-04-19 at 21:52.
Thelastguardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 22:15   Link #27
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
There is also something called: (correct me if I'm wrong)

超解!ザ・サード
Super Solution! The Third

Edited by: Dragon Magazine editorial department

I'm not sure what this is supposed to be, but its not the first volume of the manga (which is serialized in Dragon AGE).
Somewhere it was mentioned that this volume will contain some explanations about the novel (but I can't say I'm sure about this, since I read this on some forum).

Anyway, I'll post its cover when its out.

Ahh Yay another few days and the anime gets broadcasted
Its supposed to be out today (18/4/2006)

Here's its cover:

Dragon Magazine Collection SUPER GUIDE

Yeah its a guide to The Third.

Also here's the current issue of the young men's (seinen) novel magazine Dragon Magazine:

Yeah the seinen novel The Third is serialized in Dragon Magazine
Old 2006-04-19, 19:58   Link #28
NeoSam

Yay finally a group started fansubbing The Third

And its really hard to search for this thread >.<
Old 2006-04-19, 21:39   Link #29
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Yay finally a group started fansubbing The Third
Just in case people didn't catch it in their RSS Feed or see it on the front page, first Episode by [Ayu] found here:

-> http://www.animesuki.com/group.php/247.html

Yay! I love this show!
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 04:38   Link #30
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga

Quote:
And its really hard to search for this thread >.<
Seriously. Someone! Add 'Girl with the Azure Eyes' or 'Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo' alongside the title! :x
nixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 06:15   Link #31
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I heard a rumour that when Xebec was planning the Junk Force anime and gave it the boot back a few years ago, talks about this one started going into planning. Anyone know if there's any truth to that rumour?

I forget the name of the site I read it on since I stopped going to blog/release sites. Animedaisuki maybe?
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 08:24   Link #32
evil-samurai

I love the fight scenes here if nothing else. The girl has a nice characters design which does help alot as well with liking the show, and the colours used are really! nice and crisp. I wish Inukami! had just a bit better touch up like this :/ never the less I still like Inukami! as it is.

They have done a great job on the sound effect! too, and her hand postioning with the sword was first class. (She is fighting like a samurai (and it looks great!) but also she is a bit like a assassin) I didn't have any problem with the spiders, I thought they were well drawn, they weren't meant to be important, and they didn't look it so I liked it.

The Third, is much better in the action (& with some moving the story along) moments then with the comedy/Daily life talk (imo) also I hope for that there is not going to be any romance here, and it doesn't look like there will be any/much going by Genre of the Novels. But when that guy showed up at the end you cant be to sure..
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 10:02   Link #33
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixie
Seriously. Someone! Add 'Girl with the Azure Eyes' or 'Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo' alongside the title! :x
I added "Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo" to the title. That should help.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 10:29   Link #34
lavielove

So that's Ikus , a guy with a green eye and who has a healing power according to the wiki.In my imagination he's shorter and pale.Seems like Bogey knew about him right from the start because when he told Honoka to wake up and check the surrounding,he also told her that there is no human or mutant in the auto-sensor but he knew someone is being attacked.

[edited:after watching twice]
Also Honoka sword dancing is not perfect yet(or) not so powerful.Bogey has to shot the spiders two times in this episode.

Last edited by lavielove; 2006-04-20 at 10:52.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 11:34   Link #35
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
I added "Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo" to the title. That should help.
Thank you very much.

lavielove:
No he meant that there's a human or a pseudo-human out there. "Either", not "neither".

On-topic:
Woah. Such well-chereographed fighting scenes! The opening song is awesome, I can't decide if this or Higurashi's opening sound better. The overall music is top-notch too. I can't believe this composer hasn't done many projects yet. Hoping to learn more about this "Forbidden Place" mentioned in one of the synopsis. Sounds like this will be one heck of a sci-fi/fantasy series. This season has too many gems I swear!
nixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 11:43   Link #36
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixie
Thank you very much.

lavielove:
No he meant that there's a human or a pseudo-human out there. "Either", not "neither".

Hoping to learn more about this "Forbidden Place" mentioned in one of the synopsis. Sounds like this will be one heck of a sci-fi/fantasy series. This season has too many gems I swear!
Yes,you are right,he said "Either" not "neither".About the "Forbidden Place",I really need a map or something.The city we saw was Shin City right ? how far that place is located away from Shin City ?
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 13:48   Link #37
AisuruMirai
箱者

This show reminds of キノの旅. We start out with a thoughtful young woman alone in a desert with her talking vehicle. Although I'm doubtful that this will be anywhere near as good as Kino no Tabi, I'll keep watching unless it becomes a complete shounenfest, packed full of fighting & yelling. What I liked best was
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
...the semi-poems...
from Honoka, & also Bogey's narration.

The Ayu translations of the poems seemed to me a bit unpoetic, so, although I don't really know Japanese very well...

人よ。なんじの夢のおもむくなが、今宵、旅だと。星の吐息とさやけき風と夜の子らのしゅくふくにみちびかれ て。
People. Your dreams' desire is, tonight, a journey. The sighs of the stars, the [sayakeki] wind, the night's children: Let their [shukufuku] guide your way.

雲を一つ漂い空いて。風のしじまを求めて行こう。空の海。静かにないで。雲のはとうの沸き立つを待つ。風早 く過ぎるを恐れ。留まりもせずただ空の青さに染まるを望む。
Pull apart a single cloud. Go ask stillness of the wind. The sea of the sky. It is not quiet. It expects the boiling of the cloud's crest. The wind fears the wind's quick passing. Unhalting, it wishes simply to be dyed the sky's blue.

Some of the kanji could be wrong, of course. & some of the translation, of course. But I think it at least sounds & reads better.

では、
アイスル未来
AisuruMirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 19:01   Link #38
supra33202

quite interesting....I think I will continue watching The Third
supra33202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 22:07   Link #39
Mangaka-chan

Is anyone else other than omni blogging this series?
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 23:24   Link #40
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan
Is anyone else other than omni blogging this series?
Canyoumoe has some screens up. No commentary yet though.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, sci fi, shounen