AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-04-05, 09:28   Link #601
LazyHunter

Spoiler for Chapter 14 raws spoilers:
EDIT: So js06 translated the chapter already. Alreay added that to the spoilers. Hopefully Accelerator comes back soon because this is the fifth chapter without him and so far Estelle is being the main protagonist of the two.

Last edited by LazyHunter; 2015-04-05 at 14:41.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-24, 23:58   Link #602
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Chapter 15 Teaser from Daioh Website:

An alternating battle of offense and defense unfolds between Huotou and the Scavengers.

Seeing that they(Scavenger) are at a disadvantage the longer the battle is prolonged, Houtou's master, Estelle becomes the target...!?
Old 2015-04-26, 12:16   Link #603
SibylEnd
Fighting Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
You know it think that this manga instead of being the Accelerator manga it could have been a gathering of SS about the characters that have been introduced since the beginning of the series but have been relegated to the background after the volume they appeared in ended.

Maybe focus on the villains side and show us why they did what they did and how they arrived at the point they are at in the volume, maybe shoe us a day in the life of so and so character, how about an Amakusa centric arc, etc.
i for one like that idea; i was just thinking that stiyl hasn't appeared properly ever since OT22. this premise sounds much better than this bleach style adaption thats loosely related to the to aru universe. although while i like the idea; the light novels do a good job developing the magic side of the universe with all these spin offs trying to develop the science side that kamachi has sort of neglected. so while i think it's cool as a 4-koma or something(something thats already sort of being done) i really don't see what it could add to the series... although it's still a better premise that what we have in this manga right now

in regards to stiyl's absence; i know stiyl's just mean't to be a magical adviser for touma, but cmon; why couldn't stiyl be accelerators magical advicer instead instead of this random girl? or at the least a set up regarding the activities of group and other units that were neglected in their original appearance... wait now that i mention it, when exactly does this take place. if so then can we expect to see a battle royal prelude arc in the future? because that will be awesome.
SibylEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-26, 12:45   Link #604
Birdway
Banned

Because Styl has a job working for Necesarius which implies hunting magicians, not being a babysitter.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-26, 14:00   Link #605
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by SibylEnd View Post
wait now that i mention it, when exactly does this take place.

if so then can we expect to see a battle royal prelude arc in the future? because
it plays after vol.5 and before volume 8, but even with this much chapters we are by 2-3 days later at most if they go with this pacing we will get 100+ chapters before reaching volume 8 :/

if they finally decide to make a one month+ time skip we will maybe get this stuff, but until now we are stuck with "fodder"-plays of fodder-anti-skill + fodder-AC-chairman and fodder-"wann be"-dark/magic-side :/
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-26, 16:08   Link #606
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

The art has improved a little bit:

ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-26, 17:36   Link #607
Birdway
Banned

Still no Accelerator.
Old 2015-04-26, 19:58   Link #608
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, it is Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator after all.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-27, 00:17   Link #609
arson88

Probably the manga will change name to 'No Accelerator' in a few more months...
arson88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-27, 02:20   Link #610
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Lol. Well, as long as it is entertaining, then whatever.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-27, 02:34   Link #611
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arson88 View Post
Probably the manga will change name to 'No Accelerator' in a few more months...
Zannen desu wa...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Birdway; 2015-04-27 at 03:48.
Old 2015-04-27, 02:37   Link #612
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Background Sfx: light applause

Of course this just means it'll take another month for the interesting things to happen.
Old 2015-04-27, 03:08   Link #613
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi

Can i Really say "About time!"?
jalvin_billster1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-27, 03:53   Link #614
natchu96

You know, I've been wondering for a while sine I didn't know about this existing for all that long.

Where are people even reading the translations from?
natchu96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-27, 11:56   Link #615
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Zannen desu wa...

Images
What he says here sort of reminds me of All Might's entrance at the end of chapter 17 of My Hero Academy, but it's very lackluster in comparison. I'd show an image to compare, but I'm afraid it's not allowed.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-27, 13:36   Link #616
Birdway
Banned

That's because I can't post the page before that aka Accel's dynamic entry.
Old 2015-04-27, 13:46   Link #617
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Zannen desu wa...

Images
Thank You!!
at least the char which has the name of the manga shows up in his own show
but i feel the "show up speech" feels forced to be fair, i dont know the context but i cant imagine a single question which would deserve that answer

EDIT:
PS:
am i the only one who thinks that the lvls are a bit overpowered in this side story?
because if i remember correctly the Lvl3's of railgun and the actual novel had been people who shot stuff around and wouldnt heven be a threat to 3 trained solders, and the Lvl4's would be considered powerful but would have kongou lvl of "strength", maybe it is because this story shows more supernatural vs supernatural fights but the Lvl3's and lvl4's seem like complete different league compared to the LN and railgun-manga...

rewatch the second chapter with the flame-power, and comparing this to the lvl3 fire-ability of railgun, even if they had been lvl4 and lvl3, he difference is like between heaven and earth :/

or am i comparing them wrong?

Last edited by LevelSeven; 2015-04-27 at 13:59.
Old 2015-04-27, 15:14   Link #618
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
Thank You!!
at least the char which has the name of the manga shows up in his own show
but i feel the "show up speech" feels forced to be fair, i dont know the context but i cant imagine a single question which would deserve that answer
Isn't the line just an edit of the raw using the DMC4 meme? I doubt that's the real translation.
Quote:
EDIT:
PS:
am i the only one who thinks that the lvls are a bit overpowered in this side story?
because if i remember correctly the Lvl3's of railgun and the actual novel had been people who shot stuff around and wouldnt heven be a threat to 3 trained solders, and the Lvl4's would be considered powerful but would have kongou lvl of "strength", maybe it is because this story shows more supernatural vs supernatural fights but the Lvl3's and lvl4's seem like complete different league compared to the LN and railgun-manga...

rewatch the second chapter with the flame-power, and comparing this to the lvl3 fire-ability of railgun, even if they had been lvl4 and lvl3, he difference is like between heaven and earth :/

or am i comparing them wrong?
The pyrokinetic in Railgun was Level 3 and still managed to blow open the gates of the bank he was robbing. The Coffin boosted Hasami's pyrokinesis to an estimated Level 4 which, of course, is much stronger than Level 3. You talk about Kongou like she was weak: Have you read chapter 49 of Railgun? She's strong.

The espers shown in Accelerator fit with what has been shown in the series. I think that the problem is that you are mistaking what the levels represent and understimating Level 3s because most of what we see in Index are Level 4s and 5s.

Level 3 is already "an esper with strong powers" (Level 4 is "really gifted" and Level 5 is "hilariously OP"). Depending on the power a Level 3 would be perfectly able to take out a few soldiers and a Level 4 would beat a big group (all of this obviously barring possible esper countermeasures the soldiers may have). There's a really good description of how the Levels work in the Fanfare SS:
Quote:
Do you know about the Level 5 espers? My, my, this isn't some gaming production thing; they're the people who stand at the top of the six-tier hierarchy amongst our 2.3 million residents! The pyramid in the vast desert of Level 0s!

So, are the Level 5s standing at the pinnacle of the pyramid? That's just a wrong conclusion that you made. Those who stand at the pinnacle of the pyramid are Level 3s! The birds who are gracefully flying through the sky are Level 4s, and though they fly through the air freely most of the time, there are situations where they fall into a sandstorm when wind blows. Far above this chaotic situation that can't be seen, located high up in the sky, are the Level 5s.
Even between espers with the same level and power there will be differences in strength. For example: Kuroko and Awaki are both Level 4s teleporters even though Awaki (who is probably still the strongest Level 4 we have seen) is much more powerful. This is what happens when your measuring scale is so limited.

There's a big enough gap between Accelerator + Kakine and the other Level 5s that they could probably get away with making them Level 6 and change the former theoretic Level 6 to Level 7 instead.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-27, 16:08   Link #619
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
Isn't the line just an edit of the raw using the DMC4 meme? I doubt that's the real translation.
and i wondered how accel ended with a one-liner XD
Quote:
The pyrokinetic in Railgun was Level 3 and still managed to blow open the gates of the bank he was robbing. The Coffin boosted Hasami's pyrokinesis to an estimated Level 4 which, of course, is much stronger than Level 3.
not really, her powers alone are measured as lvl3 but the comrade of her said that her battle instinct and combat ability boost it to "around lvl4"...

but it still makes a big difference, ch.2 of toaru-accel with the lvl4 pryokinetic esperpower and the lvl3 pryokinetic esper-power, are really far apart from each other :/
Quote:
You talk about Kongou like she was weak: Have you read chapter 49 of Railgun? She's strong.
yeah, i forgot that, mainly because the lack of screentime on her
but hthis is really closer to the lvl4 showed in ch.2
Quote:
The espers shown in Accelerator fit with what has been shown in the series. I think that the problem is that you are mistaking what the levels represent and understimating Level 3s because most of what we see in Index are Level 4s and 5s.
the only ones i can remember are the water and gravity girl + pryokinetic guy, all of them seemed pretty low-scale compared to lvl4's, maybe i understaminate the gap between the lvls :/
Quote:
Level 3 is already "an esper with strong powers" (Level 4 is "really gifted" and Level 5 is "hilariously OP"). Depending on the power a Level 3 would be perfectly able to take out a few soldiers and a Level 4 would beat a big group (all of this obviously barring possible esper countermeasures the soldiers may have). There's a really good description of how the Levels work in the Fanfare SS:
Even between espers with the same level and power there will be differences in strength. For example: Kuroko and Awaki are both Level 4s teleporters even though Awaki (who is probably still the strongest Level 4 we have seen) is much more powerful. This is what happens when your measuring scale is so limited.
true...only wondered why paper-girl was suddenly lvl3 while she seems much stronger than water girl or any other lvl 3 we have seen so far :/ but this could actually be because we didnt really see many lvl3s so far
Old 2015-04-27, 16:10   Link #620
Draco Spirit

Kuroko (Level 4) is dangerous as hell and could easily tear apart a mech with her power.

Mikoto (Number 3 Level) 5 is a whole different magnitude of power.

And Accelerator (Number 1 Level 5) could tear Mikoto to bits in what could be a very one sided fight.. and its not even a case of rock paper scissor either, he just plane outclasses her.

But even Level 3s are pretty brutal compared to a normal human, its just the differences between Espers are pretty big.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote