AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think is behind the mystery?
There is a rational reason behind all of this. 140 74.87%
There is definitely something supernatural at hand. 47 25.13%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-05-11, 17:16   Link #321
Misuzu
Dribble.....SHOOTOH!

Not going to go too in-depth with the theories I have, because most of them are pretty close to stuff that's already been posted. Two things I've been wondering, though.

Spoiler for firstly:

Spoiler for Secondly:
Misuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 20:35   Link #322
HMMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
That is a QRcode. QRcodes are a popular 2-dimensional barcode used predominately in Japan so that people can use with their camera-phones to look up info from their internet capable mobile phones. What you do is take a picture of that barcode with your camera-phone, and the phone recognizes the info stored in that barcode and does its thing (access a website, etc. etc.) It surely beats the hell out of punching in website address on the dialpad. If it doesn't work for you, then it's probably because QRcodes are a feature that is only found in our phones and is only used in Japan (then again, I wouldn't know so can someone outside of Japan confirm?).

The QRcode that you used in your post is the one that will make your mobile phone access the mobile phone version of the oyashirosama.com website.

Another cool feature for QRcodes is that because it is a matrix code, it is able to store vast amounts of data. So if you get a business card with a QRcode on it and take a picture of that with your camera-phone, you can store the info on that business card into your mobile phone without the tedious task of typing it in and storing it. Or if you have a QRcode reader, you can store it in your PDA (if your PDA has a camera, even better!), your Outlook address book, etc. etc.

So if you happen to come across Japanese magazines with that kind of picture, it is a QRcode. If you want tickets to L'Arc~en~Ciel, you can take a picture of that if it is written on the poster and it will redirect your phone to access the website to buy the tickets. If you find a magazine with an interesting article and if there is a QRcode next to it, it will take you to a website with more info. If you need to send a letter, you can take a picture of that QRcode and print it out and use that as a shipping label. Etc, etc.

Obviously, you can find more info about QRcodes on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_Code

And if you are interested, you can create your own QRcode here! http://www.qrcodemake.com/bookmark.php
The English one doesn't seem to be working, but the Japanese page is made alongside with the English one so it's fairly simple to figure it out.
ic. thanks for the info!
HMMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 21:45   Link #323
Cogwheim
Former Immortal, Future:

Send a message via AIM to Cogwheim
An inquiry with respect to the "Men in Green":

Spoiler:

(Pretend that was handwritten in an ornate, cursive fashion, perhaps using a fountain pen. So there you have it. My signature.)
Cogwheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 22:44   Link #324
FubaredByAnime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misuzu
Not going to go too in-depth with the theories I have, because most of them are pretty close to stuff that's already been posted. Two things I've been wondering, though.

Spoiler for firstly:

Spoiler for Secondly:
Spoiler:
FubaredByAnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 08:07   Link #325
Jellyfish Marine
ShizuxKino~*

Well, about the weapon pics in the image thread...
In the bottom of every pic, there's a line written in japanese. Somebody has mentioned that they are big big spoilers. I wonder if anyone would kindly work on translating them OwO
Jellyfish Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 10:38   Link #326
Freakman

My question is : if they are spoiler, why would you want to be spoiled ?
Even if Higurashi being all about figuring out the truth is debatable, it's still not worth spoiling yourself.
Freakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 13:31   Link #327
Jellyfish Marine
ShizuxKino~*

Well, umm, I was thinking about the Marker/Syringe picture which made many people went "ah, so it was ________!!". Some of the weapon pics might be useful providing hints and I personally believe that our game moderators won't go as far as translating one with big spoilers.

But...yes, now that you've mentioned it, maybe it's better not to seek for anything other than TIPS; they are useful enough. Playing along with what we're given is more exciting, right? Thank you for reminding that ^-^

(One of my bad habits is asking around for spoilers, I'm terribly sorry if that ever happen to bug anyone before =w=o)
Old 2006-05-14, 12:48   Link #328
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Just watched ep6... and wow.

I made a lot of speculations before ep5, and ep6 don't seem to support any of them. I'm not dropping the possibilities just yet, but I'm keeping an open mind.
Old 2006-05-14, 17:51   Link #329
Cogwheim
Former Immortal, Future:

Dude--
That was definetly Mion on the phone, and perhaps even Mion in the library--I think Shion has already been "taken away as a sacrifice for Oyashiro-sama" and Mion was just trying to confirm whether or not K1 needed to be sacrificed as well. And, well...now she's confirmed that K1 does need to be sacrificed.

All 3 families of Hinamizawa seem to have been against the Dam Construction, but the Furude family was attacked anyway--not only this, but the Sonozaki yakuza seem to have quite a bit of sway in this town. Mion seems to be directly linked to the murders in Watanagashi, yet only the Furude family supposedly has access to the shrine of Oyashiro-sama and the torture devices, which is peculiar.

(Pretend that was handwritten in an ornate, cursive fashion, perhaps using a fountain pen. So there you have it. My signature.)
Old 2006-05-14, 19:23   Link #330
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogwheim
Dude--
That was definetly Mion on the phone, and perhaps even Mion in the library--I think Shion has already been "taken away as a sacrifice for Oyashiro-sama" and Mion was just trying to confirm whether or not K1 needed to be sacrificed as well. And, well...now she's confirmed that K1 does need to be sacrificed.
It would be weird if it was Mion though, why would she need to wear Shion's clothes while talking at the phone?
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 19:29   Link #331
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Helpful hint: My advice would be to jot down the clues of Takano Miyo-san's explanation of the Watanagashi Festival and reading the TIPS for what's coming in the next episode(s).
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 19:50   Link #332
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Helpful hint: My advice would be to jot down the clues of Takano Miyo-san's explanation of the Watanagashi Festival and reading the TIPS for what's coming in the next episode(s).
Hm, I was actually wondering if those scrapbook notes in the TIPS section were written by Takano Miyo-san.

[edit]

I just noticed this:

Spoiler for Taken from the TIPS regarding episode six:
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 20:19   Link #333
Vicke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou
Or maybe she means it literally
Vicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 21:03   Link #334
Cogwheim
Former Immortal, Future:

I envisioned rapid-fire speculation from opposing viewpoints in this thread. If you're reading this, and if something is on your mind or you disagree with another's musings, then type something up and fire away...

Anyway, if I'm going to take a vague stab at what's going to happen in the next two episodes...

Spoiler:

Old 2006-05-14, 21:09   Link #335
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou
I just noticed this:

Spoiler for that tip:
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 21:29   Link #336
choia

Quote:
I envisioned rapid-fire speculation from opposing viewpoints in this thread. If you're reading this, and if something is on your mind or you disagree with another's musings, then type something up and fire away...

Anyway, if I'm going to take a vague stab at what's going to happen in the next two episodes...

Spoiler:
Questions I would ask:

1. How did Mion find out? Tomitake was keeping an eye out, afterall.

2. If Mion really did get rid of Shion, why didn't she get rid of Keiichi at the same time, too?

3. If Mion is pretending to be Shion, then we know she'll switch back to Mion from time to time, since we see her at the school after the festival. So why is she still dressed up like Shion when she calls Keiichi?

Another question I have, based on the TIPS, is why the padlock on the storeroom was changed in the first place. Was it all a cunning trap to lure Tomitake and Takano?
choia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 21:50   Link #337
Cogwheim
Former Immortal, Future:

Quote:
Originally Posted by choia
Questions I would ask:

1. How did Mion find out? Tomitake was keeping an eye out, afterall.

2. If Mion really did get rid of Shion, why didn't she get rid of Keiichi at the same time, too?

3. If Mion is pretending to be Shion, then we know she'll switch back to Mion from time to time, since we see her at the school after the festival. So why is she still dressed up like Shion when she calls Keiichi?

Another question I have, based on the TIPS, is why the padlock on the storeroom was changed in the first place. Was it all a cunning trap to lure Tomitake and Takano?
1. That's quite the question--I'd say that, simply, someone of the Sonozaki family was watching them go into the shed despite Tomitake's vigil. As you said, it might have all been a trap since the lock was changed. If you're implying that you believe it was Mion who took K1 into the shed, then I ask you this: Wouldn't she be commiting an offense against "Oyashiro-sama" as well? And, if she was the one with him, then why would she need to confirm that he was there?

2. She didn't get rid of K1 because the intel surrounding the break-in was ambiguous: or at least Mion wanted to believe it was. When she's on the phone with K1, she realizes that he was complicit in the break-in and reluctantly consigns herself to "sacrifice" him as well...

3. At school, Mion dresses noramally. Shion's disappearence in Okinomiya will have no bearing on their part of town the day after, anyway. When K1 is called to the library, it's Mion dressing as Shion--when Mion goes home later on and calls K1 from her bed, she's still wearing the clothers she disguised herslef with at the library.

Old 2006-05-15, 00:39   Link #338
rocket
Senior and Demented

Episode 6 (or 2.2 as I like to think of it now) answered a lot of questions! Sure it opened up a bunch of new possibilities (though I still don't go for the supernatural angle), but the things that happened were just as important as the things that were said.

Assumption time! Lets check my old ideas and throw in a few new ones. No closer to solid evidence on any solution (think it'll need to be 2.3 or 2,4 before there's anything like a pattern), but there are some boundaries and structure...
Spoiler:

Last time I said that the show is actually visual novel - not just in inspiration, but in structure. The original visual novel was based off the more traditional interactive type and may even have been conceived as such, but for whatever reason was released as a set of linear stories. Still, in the original game and in the anime now, each chapter plays out like different paths in a traditional game.

What's different? Thats supposed to be the key. Well now we've seen enough to hazard a few guesses.

Spoiler:

Time to go read the TIPS before anymore theories!
Old 2006-05-15, 08:29   Link #339
Jellyfish Marine
ShizuxKino~*

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Shion-Mion, from a different perspective...:
Old 2006-05-15, 09:35   Link #340
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

OK, I read some of the tips for episode six and I need to put forward my pet theories.

Spoiler:

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote