AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think is behind the mystery?
There is a rational reason behind all of this. 140 74.87%
There is definitely something supernatural at hand. 47 25.13%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-05-17, 07:40   Link #361
Beyond the Shave

Well, I've read all the posts here about the first arc, and it definitely gave me a broader view of what happened. While it's too early for me to make a huge assumption, here are some "answers" I have as to what happened during some minor scenes.

Spoiler for Ep4:

And one more thing...

Spoiler for Keiichi and Satoshi:

Just a couple of thoughts.
Beyond the Shave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 08:28   Link #362
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond the Shave
And one more thing...

I originally considered that option as well but I've ruled it out as excessive thinking. That was probably just a joke from Mion. Reason is that if Keiichi would be Satoshi then not only Mion but the whole village would have most likely let a couple of gossips slip around.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 08:32   Link #363
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond the Shave
And one more thing...

Well to keep you back on the right track, it is safe to say Keiichi is Keiichi and Satoshi is Satoshi. This shall be made into light more clearly as we go into the next chapter, Tatarigoroshi-hen.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 10:23   Link #364
kinshin

Thanks a lot to FubaredByAnime and Sushi-Y =) Finally got my doubts cleared.

However I got one last question since I do not know Jap...

Spoiler for end of ep4:
kinshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 10:44   Link #365
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by FubaredByAnime
I just realized this small detail that no one seemed to have caught on yet and hence should break an assumption I think some of us are working off of.

Tomitake helped Takano break into the shed for Watanagashi, but he couldn't have in the previous story because he was taking pictures of Rika then. So unless he's the Flash, he couldn't have been cursed because of being near the shed. I can't speak for Takano and her whereabouts, but it does seem odd how in the previous arc when we first meet Takano, she doens't mention anything about bloodthirsty demons and disembowelments.
Not sure you can rule it out though, just to be safe in my musings...
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-17, 10:51   Link #366
FubaredByAnime

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinshin
Thanks a lot to FubaredByAnime and Sushi-Y =) Finally got my doubts cleared.

However I got one last question since I do not know Jap...

Spoiler for end of ep4:
Wow, we and I think alike. I actually asked this question a while ago on the Discussion thread, and here's the only response I got:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=287

I myself don't speak Japanese, so I am unable to figure out any phrase closest to that. Best thing to do is wait and see if any future eps shed light on that idea. But don't count out the fact that maybe Oishi interpreted correctly either.
FubaredByAnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 16:49   Link #367
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

A question that slightly deviates from the discussion norm.

What type of god is oyashiro-sama within the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni universe?

A river god, a mountain god, a heaven god, an earth god, a forest god, etc.?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 17:04   Link #368
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
A question that slightly deviates from the discussion norm.

What type of god is oyashiro-sama within the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni universe?

A river god, a mountain god, a heaven god, an earth god, a forest god, etc.?
I'm replying under spoiler tag but it shouldn't technically ruin anything

Spoiler:
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 20:43   Link #369
Misuzu
Dribble.....SHOOTOH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket
Not sure you can rule it out though, just to be safe in my musings...
Spoiler:

That makes me wonder if

Spoiler:

I'm really glad to be watching this as it airs- discussing it with people is half the fun of the show for me.
Misuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 21:00   Link #370
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misuzu
That makes me wonder if

Spoiler:

I'm really glad to be watching this as it airs- discussing it with people is half the fun of the show for me.
I had the same thought too! At the time I really wondered, why are they meeting like this? Like very hevy handed story telling to make Keiichi's discovery the next day more shocking.

Spoiler:

Oh, and I *totally* agree - the theories are half the fun! ^_^
Old 2006-05-17, 22:01   Link #371
Cogwheim
Former Immortal, Future:

Send a message via AIM to Cogwheim
Tch. I doubt that K1 broke into the ritual supply shed during Onikakushi-hen...
He met up with Tomitake and Takano at the riverbed in it, right? Well, that's where the two of them went after they broke into the shed during Watanagashi-hen, not to mention that they broke into it during the performance, which it seems like K1 was present for the entire time during Onikakushi-hen. Tomitake was seen photographing Rika's performance during the beginning of the ritual, but then again, wasn't K1 present for the beginning of the ritual in Watanagashi-hen before he was taken away by either Shion or Mion? Tomitake could've done the same thing K1 did--he photographed the ritual for a while and then snuck off into the forest to assist Takano with the break-in.

In my opinion, K1 became insane during Onikakushi-hen when the "crazy eyes" made their first appearence during it, when Tomitake said "It was a horrible crime. I hear they still haven't found one of the arms."

(Pretend that was handwritten in an ornate, cursive fashion, perhaps using a fountain pen. So there you have it. My signature.)
Cogwheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 23:51   Link #372
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogwheim
He met up with Tomitake and Takano at the riverbed in it, right? Well, that's where the two of them went after they broke into the shed during Watanagashi-hen, not to mention that they broke into it during the performance, which it seems like K1 was present for the entire time during Onikakushi-hen. Tomitake was seen photographing Rika's performance during the beginning of the ritual, but then again, wasn't K1 present for the beginning of the ritual in Watanagashi-hen before he was taken away by either Shion or Mion? Tomitake could've done the same thing K1 did--he photographed the ritual for a while and then snuck off into the forest to assist Takano with the break-in.
That's what I said like 6 posts up the thread! ^_^

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-18, 01:09   Link #373
Adigard

While it's rather off-topic, I'm finding myself more and more curious who's writing the entries from the scrapbook in the TIPS for these episodes ^^ I'm sorta waffling atm ^^:;
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 01:40   Link #374
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard
While it's rather off-topic, I'm finding myself more and more curious who's writing the entries from the scrapbook in the TIPS for these episodes ^^ I'm sorta waffling atm ^^:;
It's pretty obvious. Who do you think is writing them? It's probably who you think it is.
Old 2006-05-18, 02:12   Link #375
BrokenWingz

Just wondering, does this thread contain spoilers??

I reckon that there is something rational to explain these event, but im curious about who were the (other) people involved in the murders of the past festivals, since one of the eps say that these event have been occuring for quite some years now.
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 11:03   Link #376
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
I just realized something possibly very important.
Spoiler:

And BTW, I watched the raw of ep7... could anyone tell me what's up w/Mion? *can't understand Japanese*
Old 2006-05-18, 15:15   Link #377
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWingz
Just wondering, does this thread contain spoilers??

I reckon that there is something rational to explain these event, but im curious about who were the (other) people involved in the murders of the past festivals, since one of the eps say that these event have been occuring for quite some years now.
It might, if you haven't seen all the episodes (currently aired up to Ep. 07). Otherwise, feel free to discuss on the relavant episode thread as you go along.
Old 2006-05-18, 20:16   Link #378
Misuzu
Dribble.....SHOOTOH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogwheim
Tch. I doubt that K1 broke into the ritual supply shed during Onikakushi-hen...

In my opinion, K1 became insane during Onikakushi-hen when the "crazy eyes" made their first appearence during it, when Tomitake said "It was a horrible crime. I hear they still haven't found one of the arms."

I meant when he met up by them at the water.
Misuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 23:45   Link #379
Mei Hikari

New guy here, so forgive me if this has been posted before.

I was lurking around, and I saw SvenTheSweeper's sig:

For some reason my brain was telling me this picture was important but I couldn't see how. I barely remembered the scene, so I rewatched it. Then it hit me.

(ep4 spoilers)
Spoiler:
Mei Hikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-19, 00:05   Link #380
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Or it could just be a case of Deja-vu with deadly intentions behind it.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote