AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you prefere more?
Hi5 5 45.45%
Myspace 6 54.55%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-05-22, 16:20   Link #1
leona_senshi

Send a message via MSN to leona_senshi Send a message via Yahoo to leona_senshi
Talking Are you a myspace or Hi5 addict?

well I haven't seen anyone post this so here we go:

Are you the type of person that loves to go online to myspace or hi5?? I have both but I'm not an addict, I acually got hi5 first, it was fun at the beginning becuase I found a lot old old friends, then my sister invited me to myspace, I was surprised that they let you personlize your profile to the point of changing the HTML code so that you can put anything you want in your profile (except trackers..) I actully just used it to get in contact with family a few counted friends, but what i noticed is that a lot of people have more than 200 "friends" but It really pisses me off becuase insted of just adding friends they add you becuase,.... well I don't know why but it seems like a popularaty contest to see who has more friends in the whole networks.

so my question to you is:
Are you an addict or not, and why do u use this free service.

I honestly used it to keep in touch with my family, and some friends, but do u use it to see if you win the "populary contest" or for some other reason???
post your profile web site if you want
leona_senshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 17:42   Link #2
leona_senshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
Fuck Myspace, and what in God's name is "Hi5"?
If you don't know anything about the topic then don't post anything, specially ofensive language becuase you will be reported to the Mods.

get informed of something before you say anything related to it.
Old 2006-05-22, 17:45   Link #3
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
And where's the Livejournal option? Or Xanga, Deadjournal, greatest journal ever? There's more than just two, you know. Once again, I feel sorry for the person who has to use Myspace, the third dumbest site on the net, right next to Gaia and Ebaumsworld.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 17:58   Link #4
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

I think there's nothing wrong with myspace. I myself am a member of it actually. Although i only have around 60 friends but i know everyone on my list except maybe 1 or 2 people who i might delete soon anyway

I used to be addicted to that site...but seeing as how i rarely ever get any comments or messages from friends...i somewhat lost a lot of interest in the site.
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 18:24   Link #5
leona_senshi

Quote:
And where's the Livejournal option? Or Xanga, Deadjournal, greatest journal ever? There's more than just two, you know. Once again, I feel sorry for the person who has to use Myspace, the third dumbest site on the net, right next to Gaia and Ebaumsworld.

well excuse you, if you don't see what you want then just post it like I did, I selected only Hi5 and myspace becuase that's the only thing I've actually got myself into, I'm not going to post about something that I'm not familiar with or have never tried it.

someone could have posted a thread about msn messenger, what if they just posted about msn vs yahoo, yeah, maybe that person only know about those 2 but there's AOL, gtalk and others, but if I use more than just those 2, I'll jsut post about the others that that person left behind, get the Idea?
Old 2006-05-22, 18:38   Link #6
Chichi

I haven't used any websites of this kind since it isn't really my type of thing. I suppose the only website that remotely corresponds to the same concept would be this message board. It is actually the first I've used extensively beyond 1-2 posts for a simple query I might have.

I know quite a few of my friends use Myspace and have encouraged me to join as they believe I'll be very popular, but I don't know, something about it isn't me.

I voted for Myspace as I didn't know what Hi5 was.
Chichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 19:14   Link #7
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Hi5 is practically the same as myspace...just not as customizable and with a few different things. The only thing is that i know more people on myspace then i do on hi5. To me i kinda feel like myspace is more of an american thing, while hi5 is more international. I know it's really not...but it's just how i feel about the 2
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 23:31   Link #8
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
I think Myspace is the internet refuge for the infirm and unintelligent.

That being said, I have a MySpace account, however I only registered in attempt to contact someone on that site whom I went to elementary school with.

Said attempt failed, and I have left the site.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-23, 09:23   Link #9
real folk blues..

anyone here use friendster?
1.0.7. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-23, 22:21   Link #10
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.0.7.
anyone here use friendster?
I do, but only to keep in touch with friends and people I know who already use it. Well, keep in touch as in I'm "connected" to them. I'm surprised that leona_senshi didn't have this in the poll since it's quite popular. I think even more than hi5, of which I'm also a member, but I log into it like once every few months. The reason I even have that is because of invitations.
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-24, 04:35   Link #11
Syaoran
Inactive Member

What are all these thing O.o
MySpace, Hi5, Friendster ? I get invitation mails from such things, not even knowing the person who sent it... now they all get killed in the spam filter.
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-24, 05:26   Link #12
Legend Ver 2
The Omnipotent One

I have a myspace, but i wouldn't call mayself an addict. i use to play around with it, have around 104 friends, but then it got boring so i jus left it. I do come back and check on it from time to time, but not much changes.
Legend Ver 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-24, 05:57   Link #13
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Quote:
Originally Posted by leona_senshi
well excuse you, if you don't see what you want then just post it like I did, I selected only Hi5 and myspace becuase that's the only thing I've actually got myself into, I'm not going to post about something that I'm not familiar with or have never tried it.

someone could have posted a thread about msn messenger, what if they just posted about msn vs yahoo, yeah, maybe that person only know about those 2 but there's AOL, gtalk and others, but if I use more than just those 2, I'll jsut post about the others that that person left behind, get the Idea?
I have never heard of Hi5 or anyone using it, yet everyone and their frikkin' grandma uses either Myspace or Livejournal (the true online journal). I feel sorry for anyone who considers Myspace a journal since it feels more like a badly written bio with enough images to silence your DSL high-speed connection to a near screeching halt. Hi5 is so obscure that I deem you one of the only 12 people who have ever heard of it before posting this thread.

Also, only Livejournal, people on your friends list will usually keep posting on your comments, not just for th hell of it or "because so-and-so is hot". The Myspace comminity, muchlike with rich people, will only like you because you have money/a Myspace account. On lj, you know who your friends are, and they are actually literate.

Nonetheless, I digress. I personally am thinking about to drop this undying internet fad of "blogging". It seemed coll for about a year and now, not so much.
Old 2006-05-24, 08:45   Link #14
bluemist
i am the mist

Isn't myspace and hi5 more of "social networking" instead of blogging?

Anyway, in this side of the world, Friendster reigns king as the "internet for the masses". All the people I've ever known probably has a Friendster account, well, maybe except their mom and dad.

That site is also quickly turning into myspace bloat ever since they opt to open-customize your profile page with CSS.

As for me, maybe the primary use of that and any other social networking site is to hook up with old friends. I may just message the friend on the site, exchange cell numbers or e-mail, and then 'never' use the site again to contact him/her.
Old 2006-05-24, 15:58   Link #15
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by leona_senshi
If you don't know anything about the topic then don't post anything, specially ofensive language becuase you will be reported to the Mods.

get informed of something before you say anything related to it.
Like razer said, i have no idea what Hi5 too. And for my space, i have an account but i have never used it before. No more comments.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 07:40   Link #16
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai
Like razer said, i have no idea what Hi5 too. And for my space, i have an account but i have never used it before. No more comments.
So, no one has really heard of Hi5, and Myspace is not really a journal as much as a mullt-media outlet thingy anyone can use for free composed of total crap. Not even Gaia, SA, and 4chan combined could pay for such bandwith that Myspace has if it were on their sites. 78 images and music is on most Myspace pages with illiterate people talkng about crap while going "lol" every other moment, because "lol" is the new period.
Old 2006-05-26, 07:59   Link #17
Kamui4356
Aria Company

It's a bit old, but here's an interesting "report" about social networking, focusing on myspace, from The Daily Show.
Old 2006-05-26, 10:47   Link #18
Cogwheim
Former Immortal, Future:

Send a message via AIM to Cogwheim
If you're a high school student in the United States, then you have a MySpace account. End of question.

I'm not an exception, here. I have an account, I browse MySpace often, and I'm "friends" with almost all of my real friends. I have a background on my page, as well as a song, and I post blogs and bulletins.

I even have a T-shirt that i won from a boardwalk game that reads "I Love MySpace"

This girl once asked me why I wasn't in her Top 8. I replied "Because...I don't like you." She now stalks me and gives me death-threats via Instant Messenger.

MySpace owns my social life--not that I really care, though.

(Pretend that was handwritten in an ornate, cursive fashion, perhaps using a fountain pen. So there you have it. My signature.)
Cogwheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 12:56   Link #19
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogwheim
If you're a high school student in the United States, then you have a MySpace account. End of question.
*Ahem* Then I, once again, separates from the heard.
Old 2006-05-27, 11:56   Link #20
Cogwheim
Former Immortal, Future:

Send a message via AIM to Cogwheim
Quote:
*Ahem* Then I, once again, separates from the heard.

Not that it's necessary to seperate from the herd. This is going to sound lame, but at this point, I'd say 5 girls in my school have actually begun "courting" me via MySpace messages--yeah, that's right. These efforts have, of course, all been pretty pathetic. But it's something.

(Pretend that was handwritten in an ornate, cursive fashion, perhaps using a fountain pen. So there you have it. My signature.)
Cogwheim is offline   Reply With Quote