AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-03-03, 07:32   Link #121
EroKing

Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2024-03-03, 08:08   Link #122
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That may be the best Megami poster ever.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-03, 12:53   Link #123
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Tama drinking is quite the sight !
Old 2024-03-06, 12:05   Link #124
Frontier

The Mountain Goddess has a nice set up! She even has a communication tablet! Though figures she isn't helping the gang out of the goodness of her heart...she needs their help to free Taizan, the mountain katawara that the Dangaisyuu turned into their fortress, which seems easier said than done...but if the Mountain Goddess can slap some sense into him, maybe that will work ?

At least the tengu were useful for something! Confusing Junon and Senya enough to keep them off the trail! And it seems like Junon is trying to be a genuine mentor to Senya .

Once upon a time a lone Dangaisyuu who was more into research than battle fell in love at first sight with a youko Kuzunoha, and she fell in love with him in that same moment, and together they underwent spirit transformation like Jinka and Tama and slaughtered hi fellow Dangaisyuu....and that is the story of Yazen and Kuzunoha (Kuzunoha being the fox woman draped over Yazen in the OP). And Kuzunoha is also Tama's mother !

So not only did Tama's mom hook up with a Dangaisyuu, but it seems like all of Yazen's human/katawara experimentation are because he's trying to find a way to turn her human so they can be together...and also to amuse himself. Which makes it even more messed up. Tama for her part knows her mom throws herself into romance and will do anything for the one she loves, meaning she's very likely going to have to oppose her mother .

But what about Tama's dad? Is he dead? Tama talked about how depending on who she was in love with her mom could be a Goddess of Virtue...so is that what she was like with her dad ?

Why can't I have buck-naked tanuki women flashing themselves at me and flaunting their naked bodies? I don't care that it's not real !

Rinzu is a cute human who serves under the Mountain Goddess, and she immediately falls in love with and confesses to Jinka on the spot! Too bad he's not interested at all in human women. I kind of feel bad for her .

Time for a training arc! Complete with slowing the flow of time so the trio can get plenty of training time in to unlock their true power and each their full potential! We've even got a loli Mountain Goddess overseeing Shinsuke and Tama's training !

Sometimes a girl has got to pull out a giant axe and make it seem like she's slicing his arm off to win his heart (or make her master forcibly make him hers), or she can hit him with a mallet or cat paws !

Senya has 1,000 katawara in his body (which doesn't seem healthy) but he's still a kid and also not immune to the power of toys .

So the legendary Kokugetsugai feared for his power and skills...became so powerful and skilled because he wanted to bang the Mountain Goddess and she kept swatting him away. Sure, why not ?

Jinka has a twin brother!? And he was taken away from his family because the two brothers together with their Fairy Eyes attracted katawara!? And all this time Jinka has resented the situation and how his brother got to be with their family and live a normal life while he suffered and endured hardship (and it's part of why he wanted to become a katawara)...but even with that hardship, he has met irreplaceable friends and comrades, so he can't say his life is an unhappy one. Jinka accepting that, and his inner humanity, allows him to finally unlock his Fairy Eyes !

Yay! Shinsuke passed the test by using Arabuki's power in a creative way rather than brute forcing it like he always does! Of course that also means he lands directly against Senya with a blade to the kids' throat...which probably won't end well .
Old 2024-03-06, 19:01   Link #125
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Senya having a thousand katawara in him is crazy and makes you wonder if Jinun really is the biggest threat here. Shounen tradition also usually dictates the smallest of a duo of antagonists is the strongest.
Old 2024-03-06, 22:13   Link #126
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Some interesting stuff in this one. That goddess is definitely becoming one of my favourites. Her personality is great and I don't blame Jinka's master for trying to hook up with her . Ayahi Takagaki bringing her A game with this one.

I like the idea that this Yazen and Jinka are weirdly similar in many ways. Both can use that spirit transformation, fell in love with fox spirits, but also their goals are in opposite directions. Jinka is aiming to leave his humanity behind and become a spirit like the person he cares for. While Yazen is trying to change the one he loves into a human like himself. And I will suggest that Yazen has kind of missed the boat on this one. Even if he figured out the secret now...he's already kind of old. What's the point of turning Tama's mom into a human at this stage? I guess he has some plan in mind, but no idea what it is.

Love that Shinsuke is the first one to pass. Mostly because he thinks outside the box and overcomes the challenge. Admittedly I'm not sure this made him that much stronger. But I guess the important thing here was him being able to think more flexibly. If he can do that then he might be able to grow in unexpected ways and overcome future challenges beyond a head on battle.

Hilariously he lands on Senya. I love how he's the one to encounter that dangerous kid . Although...that is also incredibly interesting. Senya is another "victim" in a sense. Someone transformed similarly to Shaku. Obviously that kid has power, but he seems to have lost quite a bit as well. Maybe reaching out to this kid is one of Shinsuke's tests within the story? It does make sense to split up the "opponents" for Jinka and Shinsuke. Jinka has the dragon while maybe Shinsuke will be focused on dealing with this kid. Senya does seem to still have some humanity in him in the way he reacted to the toy...

Rough one for Jinka. Of course he'd feel resentful and be full of regret. The sad answer to him is that it was likely just a random choice. Maybe the slightly older one was chosen, but maybe there was no meaning to it at all. Heck, the training Jinka got may have simply been given to him so that he could survive more safely in the outside world. Be a rough break for the son they chose to keep if he randomly died because Jinka couldn't survive...

At least Jinka did accept himself through this training. And he even accepted Shinsuke as one of the good parts of his life .
Old 2024-03-07, 22:26   Link #127
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Looking forward to cour 2 when SY really goes nuclear, but I'm going to miss that ED. What a banger.
Old 2024-03-13, 11:03   Link #128
Frontier

Jinka has unlocked his Fairy Eyes! And in doing so has fully achieved a state where he can see the truth...human and katawara are the same, down to their aura! And it is being able to see that which lets Jinka see through Rinzu's attacks! And turn on the charm enough to make her surrender like the lovesick maiden she is around him! She's even turned on by him looking down on her, girl is down bad !

Maybe this really was lucky for Shinsuke. He has Senya at his mercy, and knowing how powerful he is and how powerful he could become, this might be Shinsuke's only opportunity to take him down...and prevent the birth of a Demon God, King of Monsters. But Shinsuke can't bring himself to do it, because no matter what, Senya is still just a kid and he's more incensed at the Dangaisyuu experimenting on a kid. Though Senya seems to have a lot of feelings about that too .

Could there be a miracle, a 1% chance of Jinka being able to beat Jinun in a fight in all the many possible scenarios where they clash? Maybe! And it is that belief that anything could happen that makes the Mountain Goddess port him straight to Jinun...though the water washes him away before anything can happen. Jinun even still had rice on his face .

Tama is the last of the trio to pass their test, and is naked, though the 10 years she spent in there seems to have made her genuinely come off older and wiser even if nothing changed for Jinka and Shinsuke .

Rinzu is joining the party! And nobody actually seems happy about it, especially the guys. But I'm happy to have her onboard .

Okay, let's just slip out quietly and take on the Dangaisyuu...wait, Tama actually WANTS to fight Jinun? I mean, making the Mountain Goddess do it for you actually sounds like a good plan, assuming it succeeds, but really!? I guess those 10 years have really put her in a "do or die" mindset

Well, figures Senya wouldn't let Jinka transform, but his experience training his Fairy Eyes have given him better instinct and reflexes to the point where he can dodge Jinun's attacks AND get to Tama in time to do it properly. And with the benefit of Tama's training, Jinka now has a fifth tail and mastery of Metal !

And that's not all, with the mastery of all five elements, Jinka is able to unleash Gogyoukon, combining all his attacks in to a giant Spirit Bomb to unleash on Jinun! Though Jinun matches it with his own power and both combatants are left minus an arm .

Of course THEN the Mountain Goddess finally steps in and demonstrates she's someone you don't want to play around with (or use) as even in her loli form she's too powerful for Jinun and could've smashed him all the way into the Earth's core if she so wished. He and Senya are lucky she just trapped them !

"Father!" Oh, so Jinun is actually Senya's dad? I honestly should've seen that coming with the hair color, but seems like there's something special about their clan .

Well, despite all his training Shinsuke still couldn't really do anything, Jinka is missing an arm, and now the Mountain Goddess is planning to harvest either Jinka or Tama's soul as payback for making her get involved...but otherwise, great job team! Though poo Rinzu is left wondering if she has any place in this group. She can't right well replace Shakugan .
Old 2024-03-13, 12:34   Link #129
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

That Mountain Goddess is quite the character! She just loves to twist the knife . Situation is pretty crazy but just leaves open the possibility that Shinsuke could simply kill the kid . Her training never truly ends! The best part is that everyone is suggesting that Shinsuke just kill him ! Including the person he'd be killing!

I like it though. Shinsuke's good heart is still in there. That heart wouldn't let him kill this kid and in the end it also saved his own life. Because a kid is still a kid. He's not so far gone that he can mercilessly kill someone who shed tears for his sake.

What a showdown. In a sense it wasn't one that lasted long once the fighting really got going. But it was one to be remembered. And one that comes at a high price. Jinka and the dragon man ended up losing an arm in the exchange. That itself is a pretty high price to pay with everything they still have yet to do.

Also...pissing off the Mountain Goddess enough to demand a soul in exchange . So they'll either have to pay up or surpass her so she can't collect! Still loving the character, but damn! Don't cross her without expecting to pay a price for it!

My condolences to Shinsuke who still doesn't feel like he's contributing. Though hey...at least no one is asking to devour his soul ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Well, despite all his training Shinsuke still couldn't really do anything, Jinka is missing an arm, and now the Mountain Goddess is planning to harvest either Jinka or Tama's soul as payback for making her get involved...but otherwise, great job team!
That about sums it up .
Old 2024-03-13, 12:57   Link #130
Blaat

Damn the latest episode was a visual treat. Like with the previous episodes this episode covered three chapters and they didn't skip any thing as far as I can tell.
Old 2024-03-13, 19:18   Link #131
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Well, figures Senya wouldn't let Jinka transform, but his experience training his Fairy Eyes have given him better instinct and reflexes to the point where he can dodge Jinun's attacks AND get to Tama in time to do it properly. And with the benefit of Tama's training, Jinka now has a fifth tail and mastery of Metal !
Given how the Mountain Goddess talked to him about possible futures and the fact Jinun's second blow missing had nothing to do with Jinka doing anything (the ground broke under his feet and threw him off-balance), it seems to me the Fairy Eyes allow him to pick the most favorable future for him. If there's a 1% chance he'll survive, he will.
Old 2024-03-14, 21:13   Link #132
Thor's Hammer

Maybe I misinterpreted things, but I have been led by this episode to believe that even Kokugetsusai did not have a 6th tail like Jinka can have access to, so Jinka might have surpassed his master, even if only temporarily.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-15, 07:34   Link #133
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
Maybe I misinterpreted things, but I have been led by this episode to believe that even Kokugetsusai did not have a 6th tail like Jinka can have access to, so Jinka might have surpassed his master, even if only temporarily.
That would have required him to do spirit transformation with a youko, and we have no idea who his partner was for the technique. It certainly wasn't Tama nor her mother since they were living with other humans.
Old 2024-03-20, 11:03   Link #134
Frontier

Well, Jinun and Senya being held back by the Mountain Goddess works out for Douren...now he gets Jinka all to himself and his rival gets another opportunity to further himself! Douren even gets a little light meal making short work of Yazen's "new models" .

Wait...is that Yukana!? Yukana is voicing Tama's mom !?

Jinka really is taking losing in arm in stride, but he's just happy they got through it and are together, even boldly hugging Tama (even though it seems like he was buck-naked under that blanket) in front of everybody! He still doesn't care about Rinzu, but that turns her on too .

Aw, everybody acknowledges they're friends! Jinka and Tama both just want Shinsuke to smile again! But he can't with thoughts of Shaku still deep in his mind, even if he wants to commiserate with his friends now .

Good to know Rinzu can teleport everybody now! Even if said teleportation skills make Jinka look at her with scorn, but she loves that .

It's nice that other katawara want to help them fight the Dangaisyuu, but this is THEIR fight, and their love of humans/katawara that are spurring them to end this. All you need is love after all .

So Yazen is curious about Tama's dad too? He and Tama's mom are actually kind of cute together the way they're clearly flirting/into each other, if only their relationship and love for each other didn't have such a steep cost and apathy towards others

Jinka looks great in his new outfit, and he's come far enough away to not beat around the bush and suggest that if he becomes a katawara he and Tama might upgrade from surrogate siblings to husband and wife...as he transforms through nibbling on her neck which is as sexual as you would. Tama doesn't mind the idea herself (just so long as it it's not with wicked intentions) though she also knows about how one of them might lose their souls by the end of this .

Jumping straight into Jinka vs Douren with them launching their fists at each other! But can even Jinka's newfound spiritual power hold its own against Douren's boxing skills? The man drove himself to never rely solely on his beast powers over his skills, making him the strongest fighter of the Dangaisyuu, and that's why he's always looking for strong rivals to test himself against...and even after everything, Jinka still isn't stronger than him .

Shinsuke was on the lookout for Barry so of course he catches him, and Barry leads him all the way to the Dangaisyuu laboratory where he has a Mecha suit waiting for their final showdown. I kind of feel bad for that one guy who just wanted to use the bathroom .

Jinka has his fairy eyes and the ability to believe in a miracle! And powered by that, as well as he power of the Mountain Goddess, he's able to summon an arm of spiritual energy that is able to land a hit straight in Douren's face! It's just too bad he Dangaisyuu were saving up their strongest attack for both Jinka and Shinsuke .
Old 2024-03-20, 18:26   Link #135
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

A satisfying moment with Shinsuke being on top of that sneak attack before it happened. He paid a heavy price to learn to watch out for things like that. But he was ready this time.

Difficult fights for both Jinka and Shinsuke. All the more so since even if they win this fight they've still got plenty to do. On a lighter note, I did enjoy how Jinka really seems to have accepted Shinsuke by this point. Even looking happy at being considered a friend. Just too bad that Shinsuke is just too damaged right now. The solidified friendship with Tama and Jinka is great. But when thinking about Shaku he just can't allow himself to smile. Beautiful image of her though .

Tama getting some pretty erotic expressions with the whole boosted transformation scene there! Jinka definitely not subtle about his goals or his desires.

For a moment I thought Barry was trying to bait Shinsuke into killing someone innocent. So I was a bit concerned when he immediately went on the attack ! Thankfully that was one of the priests so it was all good!
Old 2024-03-20, 19:04   Link #136
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Rinzu is such a fun addition, and doesn't feel like a replacement for Shaku at all. I like her masochism, no matter how harshly Jinka treats her, she finds a way to enjoy it

Shinsuke learned from his past mistake and foiled Barry's sneak attack. He's still as much of a scumbag as ever, killing him won't weigh on Shinsuke's conscience, though that may not actually make him feel better either. At any rate, Barry needs to go.

Douren, on the other hand, remains a really cool guy. He made it this far by training harder than anyone but it doesn't have main character privileges.

The anime will end with episode 13. Hope they'll announce a date for the second cour then.
Old 2024-03-20, 22:04   Link #137
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, it was announced as 37 episodes and there was no mention of a split cour. If that’s the case it’s disappointing, though certainly less than if it were being Hoshiai no Sora’d.
Old 2024-03-20, 23:04   Link #138
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The stupid anime industry needs to treasure Jashin-chan. Newer VAs these days all have such generic voices, its so refreshing to hear someone who always makes these weird voices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The anime will end with episode 13. Hope they'll announce a date for the second cour then.
Where is this info? I thought it was a continuing 3-cour

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-21, 07:48   Link #139
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Where is this info? I thought it was a continuing 3-cour
I thought so too, but MAL changed it to 13 episodes last week and Crunchyroll isn't listing it among its continued simulcasts for Spring. The tweet announcing the beginning of the broadcast three months ago stated Part 1 would be 13 episodes and said nothing about the second part.

I'd say the fact they told us from the start there'd be two parts meant it was split cour, we just simply assumed it was continuous because the full episode count was revealed.
Old 2024-03-21, 12:39   Link #140
Blaat

Hopefully like with Kenshin they'll announce the second cour later this year.