Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-03-17, 18:51   Link #141
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
Well, this is the moment to see how really OP is the resurrection spell. For what I understand of past episodes is enough with restore the corpse to before damage given that the soul never leave the corpse so the question is if is possible restore Falin with what remains of her.
The reason they hurried back into the dungeon with pretty much zero preparation is that they needed to kill the dragon before Falin was digested. And she was. I'm no expert on Red Dragon biology though, perhaps they can digest bones and leave nothing behind, in which case that means they made it in time.
Old 2024-03-18, 08:31   Link #142
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

That was surprisingly gory after several fun episodes. Thanks god they didn't decide to become cannibals and eat the leg.
Old 2024-03-18, 09:38   Link #143
Huh...?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-21, 10:29   Link #144
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

They finally rescued Falin, hooray! But it seems that her magical abilities has been supercharged somehow as seen on how she saved Senshi from his carelessness by casting a protective barrier without chanting. Add the fact that she's was revived through forbidden means, I have a feeling it will bite them in the ass later on. And the dark elf from the paintings finally showed up.
Old 2024-03-21, 11:47   Link #145
TURI123456

Well I think, it's more or less confirmed that Marcille has feelings for Falin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illsteir View Post
They finally rescued Falin, hooray! But it seems that her magical abilities has been supercharged somehow as seen on how she saved Senshi from his carelessness by casting a protective barrier without chanting. Add the fact that she's was revived through forbidden means, I have a feeling it will bite them in the ass later on. And the dark elf from the paintings finally showed up.

I think it already happened after all I think this elf appeared there for a reason. (Plus it looks like Falin sees and feels things).

I have known that this elf going to be the ruler of this dungeon.
Also, I wonder what going to happen after all this elf doesn't seem like he going to listen if they try to talk to him.

P.S. I wonder how they going to make this elf feel a greater threat from the Red Dragon I mean he needs to be stronger, however, I don't think that will be only this.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-21, 19:00   Link #146
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Black magic + dragon flesh/blood to resurrect someone sounds like a very good recipe for disaster. The side-effects are positive so far with Falin's magic apparently having gotten a lot stronger, but I doubt that will last.

At any rate, I'm happy the party has grown by one member. Falin's presence is going to bring in some freshness. Seems like she shares her brother's interest in exotic meals...

I suppose it was only a matter of time until the elf in the painting and most likely master of the dungeon showed up. The story will probably get more complex starting now.
Old 2024-03-21, 19:14   Link #147
ryllharu

Their old stuff should still be down here though, right? It would be rough going if Falin had to make do with a spare shirt and no other equipment.

Isn't this the floor they found the red dragon on initially?
ryllharu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-22, 04:39   Link #148
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
Their old stuff should still be down here though, right? It would be rough going if Falin had to make do with a spare shirt and no other equipment.

Isn't this the floor they found the red dragon on initially?
I think I remember them mentioning that the dragon was further up in the dungeon than it was before. It was why the Orcs showed up in an upper floor (they were supposedly originally from this floor if I remember right) so something's still off in the dungeon.
Old 2024-03-22, 06:30   Link #149
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Dayumn. As if showing Senshi's underwear wasn't enough, Trigger also delivered the fanservice in the form of a bath.
Old 2024-03-23, 01:18   Link #150
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh right finally we arrived to this part.. This is where the plot is going to be more confusing.

I really like how the resurrection spell got animated. Very creepy but deserved for a forbidden spell.
Chilchuck despite many disagreement, ended up not bringing the ancient spell controversy a lot.
And Falin is adorable. She is truly worth to die for.
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-25, 00:10   Link #151
scififan

Marcille's secret is she knows resurrection magic. She got upset when Chilchuck questions that she is dark elf or black elf. It is probably dark elves are elves who worship dark god the world of Dungeon Meshi. Marcille denies that she uses dark magic. Maybe she doesn't want people want to have false impression on her. If Dungeon Meshi uses D&D system, it might explain what happended. D&D's resurrection magic ranges from light magic to dark magic. Some resurrection magic are not technically resurrection; those are merely controlling corpses or ghosts. Maybe the story refers to resurrection magic in Grimm Brothers' fairytales, where arranging skeleton is the prerequisite.

I thought Marcille and Chilchuck were against the idea of eating the dragon. The dragon ate Falin. The dragon already absorbed Falin's body. Eating dragon's meat is as eating Falin. They end up enjoying eating as it is a steak.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-25, 07:56   Link #152
Huh...?

YouTube

Old 2024-03-25, 08:29   Link #153
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
Marcille's secret is she knows resurrection magic. She got upset when Chilchuck questions that she is dark elf or black elf. It is probably dark elves are elves who worship dark god the world of Dungeon Meshi. Marcille denies that she uses dark magic. Maybe she doesn't want people want to have false impression on her. If Dungeon Meshi uses D&D system, it might explain what happended. D&D's resurrection magic ranges from light magic to dark magic. Some resurrection magic are not technically resurrection; those are merely controlling corpses or ghosts. Maybe the story refers to resurrection magic in Grimm Brothers' fairytales, where arranging skeleton is the prerequisite.
There are multiple ways to resurrect dead people in this series, but those are only allowed inside the Dungeons.
And based on the talk they had, it is possible to revive/resurrect a person even with just their bones. But the issue is that, the more damaged the body is, the weaker the soul's connection to it, so moving a damaged body around could cause permanent death.

Marcille's secret isn't that she knows resurrection magic (since even that Gnome old man from few episodes back knew a resurrection spell).

It's that she know ancient magic version of it, which is classified as Black Magic.
And i don't think she denied using a Black Magic, but rather she stated the fact that there is nothing good or evil with Black Magic. Her notion is that how a weapon is used is dependent on the user, which could make the weapon either good or evil.

Also, Black Magic is basically the categorization of spells which are ancient and powerful for anyone to use. From the looks of it, they are basically illegal to use (probably in an effort to only allow those in power to use them).

As for Marcille becoming angry at being compared to the dark elf, i think there is some other reasoning behind it.

Old 2024-03-25, 08:41   Link #154
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I heard the manga ended recently. You think the second cour might adapt everything?
Old 2024-03-25, 09:32   Link #155
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
I heard the manga ended recently. You think the second cour might adapt everything?
That would be insanely rushed.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-25, 16:06   Link #156
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
I certainly hope they give it enough seasons to completely finish it, but no, a second cour wouldn't do it.

Four total might.
ryllharu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-25, 20:31   Link #157
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
I certainly hope they give it enough seasons to completely finish it, but no, a second cour wouldn't do it.

Four total might.
I was thinking four cours would be a pretty good number. Might have to hurry here and there but not cut egregiously.

Two would be a farce, and not in a good way.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-28, 09:19   Link #158
Huh...?

YouTube

Old 2024-03-28, 18:25   Link #159
grecefar

the happiness only lasted one chapter but this took a dark but great turn of events.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-28, 18:41   Link #160
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm disappointed Falin was once again removed from the story one episode after she came back.

I did like everything else though. Orc lady first pegged Chilchuck as a coward but realized after talking with him that what he feared the most was his friends dying and encouraged him to be honest.

Going to assume they'll come back with a bigger party next time.

Tags
cooking, fantasy