AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-12-18, 07:11   Link #1
Archaic

Kobato (a.k.a. What the hell are CLAMP thinking?)

Some CLAMP news for you all that you probably haven't heard yet. As of today, a new CLAMP manga by the name of Kobato is being serialized in Sunday DX (Offshoot of Shounen Sunday for more mature audiences. I guess it's something like the Shounen Sunday version of Weekly Jump's offshoot, Ultra Jump).

Spoiler for from thumbing through the 1st chapter at the local book store earlier:

Does anyone know anything else about this that might justify me purchasing the 1st chapter? Frankly, I'm just amazed that CLAMP would dare write a 3rd manga while they've got both Tsubasa and XXXHolic running, not to mention X and a few other stories having been left hanging in the air (Or perhaps abandoned totally, remembering that out of the original CLAMP team, it's just 4 people who are left now).
Old 2004-12-18, 07:28   Link #2
sarcasteak
WAHA~

They have that yaoi pharmacy going as well in addition to Tsubasa and xxxHolic, no?

X is pretty much abandoned... ^_^;;
Old 2004-12-18, 08:19   Link #3
Archaic

Hmmm.....I'd forgotten about that one. Isn't that stalled? Or did they finish it? I don't remember a new volume of that coming out in a long while.

X better not be abandoned.
Old 2004-12-18, 13:23   Link #4
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic
Frankly, I'm just amazed that CLAMP would dare write a 3rd manga while they've got both Tsubasa and XXXHolic running, not to mention X and a few other stories having been left hanging in the air (Or perhaps abandoned totally, remembering that out of the original CLAMP team, it's just 4 people who are left now).
There were always just 4 members of CLAMP. Anyway, speaking as someone who doesn't like much of their work (just Clover), I'm not surprised that they started up another one, since I think by now they're bored with all of their other stuff. They're put out somewhere like 15 series in the past 10 years, five of which are still going. I mean, Clover's last volume came out 5 years ago, and they haven't published any new material for it.
Old 2004-12-18, 14:45   Link #5
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
They have that yaoi pharmacy going as well in addition to Tsubasa and xxxHolic, no?

X is pretty much abandoned... ^_^;;

Legal Drug. I have to say that's the best title ever. Another crossover huh? Looks like they're either experimenting or...they're out of fresh characters.
Old 2004-12-18, 22:23   Link #6
Archaic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas
There were always just 4 members of CLAMP. Anyway, speaking as someone who doesn't like much of their work (just Clover), I'm not surprised that they started up another one, since I think by now they're bored with all of their other stuff. They're put out somewhere like 15 series in the past 10 years, five of which are still going. I mean, Clover's last volume came out 5 years ago, and they haven't published any new material for it.
*AHEM* CLAMP started out with 11 members. Nanase Ohkawa, Mick Nekoi, Mokona Apapa, Satsuki Igarashi, Tamayo Akiyama, Leeza Sei, Sei Nanao,Soushi Hisagi, Kazue Nakamori, Shinya Ohmi, and O-Kyon. 4 of those left during the making of RG-Veda, and another 3 left shortly after RG-Veda was first published in tankobon form.
Old 2004-12-18, 22:34   Link #7
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Dun forget Clamp is a 4 Girl team, im pretty sure by now after 4 or so manga their quite good about multi tasking ne? And they have loads of assisstances too right? I wouldn't say 3 project at once could kill them but I would have to say they shouldn't do it. It would slow down their process of making new chapters for their mangas ne? Ahhhh the ironies of life.

looks like a cross breed of Chii and Sakura ne?

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2004-12-19, 14:02   Link #8
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic
*AHEM* CLAMP started out with 11 members. Nanase Ohkawa, Mick Nekoi, Mokona Apapa, Satsuki Igarashi, Tamayo Akiyama, Leeza Sei, Sei Nanao,Soushi Hisagi, Kazue Nakamori, Shinya Ohmi, and O-Kyon. 4 of those left during the making of RG-Veda, and another 3 left shortly after RG-Veda was first published in tankobon form.
All right, that's true. But they've been a 4 woman team for most of their professional (i.e. non-doujinshi career). Out of the 5 series they've got running now, and Kobato, I don't think the seven people who left years ago are going to have much say in what gets finished or not.
Old 2004-12-19, 21:19   Link #9
Archaic

They were still members when some of the older, still incomplete, works were started, weren't they?

Aoie_Emesai, as far as I can be sure, CLAMP works alone. It's just the 4, no helpers or anything. Which sounds about right really, since they'd have around the same level of division of labour as a normal manga-ka in a group that size I think.
Closed Thread