4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 3.62%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 2.90%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-09, 07:16   Link #121
JediNight
キズランダム

Because they only pick on ONE show, which is also by a different director btw, and harp on it every episode? When they are picking at straws which have parallels in 100s of other shows?

Heck, like the guy that replied 5mins after me .... WITH GSD REFERENCES! Oh no, they had stuff happen on an island -- guess what -- Kyushu is actually fairly large, and the entire country of Japan is islands :P And I'm sure in the entirety of anime, there has never been people attacked on islands before.

Lelouch shows up in the Gawain in order to show the world the position of the Black Knights on random violence, and he gets out of it that Lelouch is going there to skip in the fields with Suzaku, when obviously we all know he has no intention of ever joining the Knights ... and the hand is out to hand him the energy filler. (Which is the only place I will give up points on convient deus ex machina for that) And no matter how much Geas makes him want to live, if his mecha runs out of power he's gonna be screwed -- you can't will yourself more energy...

Euphemia confesses to Suzaku because Nina helped her to finally open her eyes to how much Suzaku means to her, and she sees that he's in a life-or-death situation before she even calls him -- she was trying to motivate him to survive.

Suzaku never really "teams up" with Zero at all -- they both happen to have the immediate same goal of defeating the Chinese Federation troops there. Much like how Cornelia lets Zero rescue the hostages from the hotel before. He still despises Zero's overall methods, but has to be grateful for the power pack and ability to follow through with his own philosophy. Suzaku isn't that dishonorable that he would then attack Zero in such a situation.

Then the various other comments that are trying to attack the show based on events that haven't even happened yet, or may never happen. Just shut up and watch the damn show and see how things play out, or stop watching and quit the ad hominem attacks and strawman comparisons.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 08:26   Link #122
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioshinobi View Post
I'm starting to think that Lelou(apparently) will lose because of his Geass on Suzaku telling him to survive ( in this episode, NO MATTER WHAT ) which could lead to Lelou never being able to beat him if he's getting owned by how own Geass power, he's just go somehow SEED( Calling it SEED cause we saw it in the high speed epi of Mao running action he's not a human in case of reaction rate )
Actually i think the geass would actually let Lelou have a easier time with suzaku. I beleive someone already mentioned that Lelou never intend to kill suzaku, so that if Lelou ever corners suzaku, suzaku won't choose the path of going down fighting.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 09:54   Link #123
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post

Suzaku never really "teams up" with Zero at all -- they both happen to have the immediate same goal of defeating the Chinese Federation troops there. Much like how Cornelia lets Zero rescue the hostages from the hotel before. He still despises Zero's overall methods, but has to be grateful for the power pack and ability to follow through with his own philosophy. Suzaku isn't that dishonorable that he would then attack Zero in such a situation.

That's true, Zero simply told Suzaku that he's going to destroy the Chinese HQ in which Suzaku replies, "Not if I get there first."

It was literally a race to see who'll get there first.

Quote:
Actually i think the geass would actually let Lelou have a easier time with suzaku. I beleive someone already mentioned that Lelou never intend to kill suzaku, so that if Lelou ever corners suzaku, suzaku won't choose the path of going down fighting.
But what if that "going down fighting" is a fight for survival?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 12:59   Link #124
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varis View Post
I'm getting a little tired of all those GS/D referrences... is this all you guys can think of? How Code Geass can possibly be compared to a show that is "cool/in" to hate.

ZOMG it has mecha!! that's like soooo like GSD, I'm getting the baaaaad vibes here. Won't be long until Geass is accused of ripping Tominos work off somehow...

If anything it just shows how deep down you are obsessed with GS and Destiny. After all you can't get go of it no matter what.

I enjoyed the episode personally. Euphy is still unsure about herself but thanks to the talk with Nina she got another boost of confidence. She is so out of the loop and inexperienced in politics that she resorts to spontaneous decisions. She has no idea why Schneizel helped her out or why her sister is so worried about her.

She is very lucky to have Suzaku though. He is an emotional wreck but his skills we be what will keep her alive if her other siblings decide she isn't cute and harmless anymore.

We have yet to see how CC ties in with all this intrigue going on.

Can't wait to see more
Because it makes them more clever of course. Even though the plot actually moves forward in this show and actually takes a brain cell to deciphire, there's tons and I mean tons of people everywhere that can't get it out of their head that GSD was one failure and that Sunrise will somehow trainwreck every series because of the one failure. That's why, it's like their entire history of success is somehow rendered moot and invisible by one series and that series is somehow now the only thing they have ever done. That and many people are only familiar with one Sunrise franchise as a whole, that being of course Seed, but rather than research the past they'd rather keep on remaining ignorant and beating the same dead horse over and over.

The worst offender as of late is the Anime On My Mind blog with its "Oh it's Sunrise This, It's Sunrise That so they always ressurect their characters lol" (Taking a look at anything other than Seed and Mai Hime you see that isn't at all true). "Oh and all Sunrise series trainwreck eventually, I'm so clever" (Actually one did, but since fact doesn't matter nearly as much as rofular opionion on the internet, its irrelevant to them).

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-03-09 at 13:10.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 13:09   Link #125
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

So interesting to read this thread and feel so out of sync with some posters. I enjoyed the episode, and for me, the good things were Euphemia, Suzaku, and especially Nina. I was so happy that Nina could, even unintentionally, do something good for her idol. I thought Chiba Saeko did an outstanding job with her voice. What seems to put me out of step with some fans of shows like this is that I like the weak and romance-addled people, whereas they seem to loathe anyone that shows weakness.

I enjoyed the episode, mainly for Nina-Euphemia, Euphemia-Suzaku, Lulu-Suzaku, CC, some of the fighting (the shield, for one), and the mysterious lady. That having been said, the parallel between the guy distracting Suzaku with talk of his father and Euphemia distracting him with talk of love was pretty strong. In reality (not that this show has much of that) that would be the worst thing she could do to him in such a situation. But I couldn't help feeling very happy for them, and happy for Lulu, who could feel he was on Suzaku's side for once.

The plot was pretty creaky. We need a bad guy, so let's invent a previously unheard-of admirer of Suzaku's father who is in league with the dreaded Chinese (whose representative looks like a remnant of the Qing Dynasty). And talk about deus ex machina. A good guy is about to be killed? Call in an unexpected ring of fire from somewhere.

But that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the show. I even begin to see why Fukuyama Jun won the award as best male seiyuu of the year for this role: he does create something. It is not very naturalistic, but that suits this show.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 13:27   Link #126
Juvyniled

It's too easy to typecast the guy with narrow eyes and flowing hair as the villain. (thanks to good ole Gilbert)

Yet in essence, Geass is the end and beginning of things. We have yet to learn about C.C.'s past (the circumstances) which I believe is key to understanding the whole situation. Who knows, they could make the emperor the villain and we would have never suspected it (because people are overlooking all the simple possibilities).
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 16:10   Link #127
Nanaya
ハイパー武器英雄

Heh, this episode was pretty nice. And the Euphemia confession was really well-timed if people would just consider the situation the characters were in:

-Euphemia's feeling down about her being a figurehead, even her gift of the symbol of knighthood was returned to her, something she gave that strained her relationship with her sister.

-Suzaku has been sent to give aid/alleviate pressure from Cornelia's forces in what almost looks like a suicide mission

-Nina enlightens Euphemia about how she really feels about herself and Suzaku

-Euphemia tries to encourage and give cheer to Suzaku (don't hate yourself) with a command to love her (with the condition of her loving him back)

-Suzaku felt happy about it and it's date time next episode!

How will Lelouch react that his half-sister is in the same campus as him next episode? Will Kallen be there? Will Suzaku and Euphemia lock lips?

And if people REALLY hate the show, then don't watch it, if you think it's just a rehash of an old series that you've watched already. Saves us all time, both me and you.

Common sense, isn't it?

I've watched both GS and GSD and I don't really think that it's THAT similar to Code Geass.
Old 2007-03-09, 17:59   Link #128
Varisha
zero no dai fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I enjoyed the episode, and for me, the good things were Euphemia, Suzaku, and especially Nina. I was so happy that Nina could, even unintentionally, do something good for her idol. I thought Chiba Saeko did an outstanding job with her voice. What seems to put me out of step with some fans of shows like this is that I like the weak and romance-addled people, whereas they seem to loathe anyone that shows weakness.
I agree; I think it's their weakness that make characters such as Suzaku and especially Euphie likable. They're not just walking deus-ex-machina, but real people for whom being good-hearted isn't enough to magically take them where they want to go.
Lacus from GS always rubbed me the wrong way; I think seeing the powerless pink-haired princess who can't just sway the masses with pretty songs and have a whole army at her back is much more fun to watch.

Sorry for referencing gundam ^^;; it's kind of hard to avoid where there are such pronounced similarities. It's not just the mecha cliches, but the separated childhood friends fighting each other in mecha and the kira/lacus look-alikes. And CG isn't being produced in a vacuum either; the latest mecha hit has been SEED and it's still on the minds of fans in japan too. It's a pretty big part of the shared anime culture at this moment, and CG's production staff must know this too.
Old 2007-03-09, 18:41   Link #129
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
The worst offender as of late is the Anime On My Mind blog with its "Oh it's Sunrise This, It's Sunrise That so they always ressurect their characters lol" (Taking a look at anything other than Seed and Mai Hime you see that isn't at all true). "Oh and all Sunrise series trainwreck eventually, I'm so clever" (Actually one did, but since fact doesn't matter nearly as much as rofular opionion on the internet, its irrelevant to them).
You do realise that guy's blog does anime parodies, right?
His posts are meant to be funny. There is no need to take it seriously. I thought the various references to football and sex jokes would have tipped you in on that.
Old 2007-03-09, 19:04   Link #130
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
His posts are meant to be funny. There is no need to take it seriously. I thought the various references to football and sex jokes would have tipped you in on that.
Good thing I missed out on Zwei 2. It's rare for him to flat out say something sucks and not be witty about it, and the caps didn't help the episode any.

When he blogs this ep, I expect the front pic to be Gawain proposing to Lancelot with his trademark "OH GEASS NO"
Old 2007-03-09, 19:25   Link #131
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Redundant jokes can get annoying though. Very.
To me, it tells me that he knows very little about anything else, hence, the only material to use as a joke is always the same one.
Old 2007-03-09, 20:15   Link #132
anselfir
Style Über Alles

I'm uncontrollably giddy. halp
Old 2007-03-10, 00:22   Link #133
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
I had considered that as the comments are so outrageous that it's hard to take them seriously. However I swear when he pushes the same point again and again he is actually "kidding on the side", meaning kidding but really deep down serious in a way.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 00:38   Link #134
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I had considered that as the comments are so outrageous that it's hard to take them seriously. However I swear when he pushes the same point again and again he is actually "kidding on the side", meaning kidding but really deep down serious in a way.
He pushes the same points because he needs to be consistent. It's like how we readers expects future "Oh GEASS no!!!" jokes in later episode commentaries. Or the "No way, I won't accept it. No way there's a penis in this" joke with Trap pics.

When you do something often enough, it becomes tradition. I certainly don't want him to change, as the humor will change too.
Old 2007-03-10, 14:45   Link #135
Jinru
Hideo Kuze

Man alive! the last 3 eps have been so action packed.

Oh gawd... 6 eps left until the series is over... NUUU!! I'm praying for a 2nd series.
Jinru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 14:59   Link #136
Sirenja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinru View Post
Man alive! the last 3 eps have been so action packed.

Oh gawd... 6 eps left until the series is over... NUUU!! I'm praying for a 2nd series.
maybe this will make you happy?

http://kzi.animeblogger.net/2007/03/...ion-confirmed/

Sirenja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 18:31   Link #137
JediNight
キズランダム

The real question -- will Pizza Hut still support the rebellion in 2nd season? =DD
Old 2007-03-10, 18:37   Link #138
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Awww why didn't they shoot first and ask questions later when Nina "assaulted" Euphemia? Ohwell, at least she served her purpose. Hope Nina's airtime is over and done with though. Plenty of things going on in this episode, they fixed up the new knightmare which looks like another formidable weapon in the hands of the Knights. Although how Zero is planning to take over and keep control of an area still puzzles me, it won't be easy for sure. Funny to see Lloyd and Laksharta react to the results of their little arms race contest.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 18:43   Link #139
JediNight
キズランダム

My take on it is that he shows the rest of the world that Britannia isn't as invincible as they think. This foments rebellion in other areas around the world then. If Britannia faces mass uprisings or attacks from other empires all at the same time, they won't be able to cope with it all at once.

They rely on Areas to become "Brittanianized" so they can move onto the next one with little troops needed to be left behind. Similar to how the old Roman empire was handled 2000 years ago.
Old 2007-03-10, 19:10   Link #140
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
The real question -- will Pizza Hut still support the rebellion in 2nd season? =DD
Nope second season is all Taco Bell . I don't think what Britannia is doing lines up with the Romans. Now it's been a few months since I had any classes on this so forgive me for any errors. But didn't the Romans let areas they took over more or less keep their autonomy? Sure they expected taxes but they didn't go as far as Britannia by making the conquered people second class citizens in their own territory. Romans were in charge, but not utter slavery.

Haven't seen Lloyd this upset before though. Seeing how he's been outdone clearly is cracking that energetic expression he usually has out. Though I wonder what he plans to do with the nuclear technology that is starting to get going thanks to Nina. Not sure how the power worked with the float system. But it seemed when it was blown off he lost a chunk of energy. Though the float system was supposed to be draining him quickly, so I'm a bit lost there.

Good team battle with Lancelot and Gawain. The chinese really didn't have a chance in this one considering who they were up against. Also it's not looking that good for Britannia since Lancelot is the best they've got and there is no way it can stand against the Gueren + Gawain etc. Nice little 'bonding' Lelouch and Suzaku had there. CC of course taking a moment to criticize the reckless stragtegy Suzaku employs.

Also seeing the survival geass kicking in. Of course without any energy all the will to live in the world can't do everything. I admit the love declaration was surprising. But I think it's more reflecting the start of their relationship. Doubt we'll get to a romantic level for a while yet. But we got to see how Euphie felt with her elder siblings overshadowing her.

Next week seems a bit of a relaxing one. I mean with Lelouch getting hit by a silly hammer how serious could it be?
FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote