AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-10-04, 17:59   Link #361
Pyro
無謀な火

Send a message via ICQ to Pyro
the last 5 of them are simply incredible...the colours, environment is perfect. Hmm I am waiting for more
Pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 22:09   Link #362
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Wow, awesome photos, JOJOS'STAR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-1000
I am so interested of past and futures. This picture has provided me some insights on how things change. Anyway, cool pic. love to see another comparison.
I spent one year taking the following set. Enjoy! ^_^

1 2 3 4 5 6

(The whole set has 19 images, 5.8 MB)
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 22:30   Link #363
StoneColdCrazy
Noumenon

Send a message via ICQ to StoneColdCrazy Send a message via MSN to StoneColdCrazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
Some quite intresting Pictures I found wile surfin.. talking about surfing..
Thats supposed to be a shark. Well the other pic makes me wonder.
I does look a bit bigger then a dolphin though ^^
The size of a shark compared to the size of a dolphin is irrelevant, since there are some forty species of dolphin and at least 350 species of shark, all of different sizes and shapes. Sharks are particularly varied from the tiny Japanese Dwarf Shark to the huge Whale Sharks.

The creature in that picture is a dolphin. The giveaway is the tail-fin. Sharks have verticle fins (think rudders), which point straight upwards. A dolphin's tail-fin is horizontal.

SCC
StoneColdCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 22:35   Link #364
StoneColdCrazy
Noumenon

Send a message via ICQ to StoneColdCrazy Send a message via MSN to StoneColdCrazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwl12
Wow, I wish we still had four seasons in this country...

SCC
Old 2004-10-05, 00:30   Link #365
Babak

Quote:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

That is a fake!
How come the cars always change, eh?!

Nice pictures. I love it. I'm thinking about doing the same thing now.. If you wouldn't mind..
Babak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 00:51   Link #366
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babak
That is a fake!
How come the cars always change, eh?!
Bah, at least I know other people appreciate the photos.

Old 2004-10-06, 01:02   Link #367
Shadowlord
~DESU

Spoiler:

I hope it comes with everything shown here
Shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 08:10   Link #368
X-1000
Banned

Quote:
Wow, awesome photos, JOJOS'STAR.

1 2 3 4 5 6

(The whole set has 19 images, 5.8 MB)
WHOA!!! that's so cool man! also, you spent a year to take this photos? you must be interested on how things change also. Anyway, I've noticed that you're taking this pictures on your balcony... am I right?
X-1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 19:40   Link #369
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Yup, that's the balcony of the apartment I'm currently staying in. I come from a tropical country with only one season: summer. Therefore I wanted to show myself and my family some photos of the "seasonal tree", as I call it.
Old 2004-10-07, 11:30   Link #370
SirJeannot
AT Field

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneesama
here are some i kept for a while~ ^__^ especially the ferriswheel ^-^

wow, so nice
Old 2004-10-07, 18:52   Link #371
EtherNEZ
AIR is good for you

Impressive. Most Impressive. Never in my wildest dreams did I think the photography thread would survive as long as this (perhaps a slight exaggeration)

I can see why SirJeannot appreciates those last ones! Definitely desktop material. Long exposure city night shots often produce breathtaking results.

Here's some more : (yes, more coastal i'm afraid - it is a failing of mine). You'll have to go right to the beginning of the thread to see more (if for some improbable reason you should want to...)

Click for larger images (they are all in the 150-350Kb range).

Salcombe, Devon & Waves close up at Sennen Cove, Land's End

Sunset after rain & The beautiful Nanjizal Bay at low tide

Rainbow arcing into Cb cloud & The sky of many clouds

My personal favourite is Nanjizal (it's appeared before ), I have soft spot for that lovely secluded bay, but the sky shot worked well too.
EtherNEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 21:02   Link #372
StoneColdCrazy
Noumenon

That's some good stuff, EtherNEZ. I also like the Nanjizal Bay picture, as well as the waves at Land's End - I love the detail of the froth.

SCC
Old 2004-10-09, 08:11   Link #373
EtherNEZ
AIR is good for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneColdCrazy
That's some good stuff, EtherNEZ. I also like the Nanjizal Bay picture, as well as the waves at Land's End - I love the detail of the froth.

SCC
Cheers.

It is quite fascinating to capture the raw energy of the oceans at a single instant in time like that and yes, the detail did come out very well. I would have liked to get closer but digital cameras have a VERY strong aversion to sand and salt water .

Some longer exposures of the same scene would no doubt produce a very different feeling and effect, more like what Esperchld (see thread start) was aiming for, though it is more suited to enhance the feeling of 'flowing' with water than the crashing of waves.

A couple more of note :

The caves very close to Nanjizal - every time I look at this one, I always
think of the movie 'The Goonies', I could just see a pirate ship sitting inside that big one with the promise of vast treasures onboard.

The shot on the right is a warning to all! The water around the area of Land's End is extremely treacherous, to swimmers, surfers and ships alike. Many have lost their lives and vessels to this dangerous peninsula in weather far quieter and calmer than this.

Note : this is a training excercise, not a real rescue operation - you can probably tell that from the picture though
Old 2004-10-09, 19:21   Link #374
StoneColdCrazy
Noumenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherNEZ
Cheers.

It is quite fascinating to capture the raw energy of the oceans at a single instant in time like that and yes, the detail did come out very well. I would have liked to get closer but digital cameras have a VERY strong aversion to sand and salt water .

Some longer exposures of the same scene would no doubt produce a very different feeling and effect, more like what Esperchld (see thread start) was aiming for, though it is more suited to enhance the feeling of 'flowing' with water than the crashing of waves.
I can't really do decent long exposure work with the SLR I have, definitely not with my digital. Whenever I've tried so in the past it's not come out very well at all, plus I just tend to prefer photographs that are snapshots of a single moment anyway. After all, "Life is just a series of moments."

SCC
Old 2004-10-27, 22:39   Link #375
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Bump! That was much needed. Anyways, I'm all giddy right now as I just witnessed a total lunar eclipse here in Vancouver! I stood outside my house in near freezing temperatures near my telescope and took photos along the way! I can barely keep my hands still as I took photos because I was so excited . As the moon passes through the shadows of the Earth, it glows with eerie dark orange-brown shades (see, 7:23PM shot). But the moon gets progressively darker, and my camera couldn't capture any more light from the moon. OK, enough astromony (one of my major life interest), picture time!

6:08PM

6:30PM

6:50PM

6:54PM

6:57PM

7:02PM

7:06PM

7:12PM

7:23PM

7:24PM

If you are interested in Astronomy (and the moon), keep reading, if not, hit the back button . Here's some fun facts about the moon I learned from my Astro Prof: The full moon ALWAYS rises on 6:00PM, reaches peak height at midnight, and sets at 6:00 AM. Conversely, the new moon ALWAYS rises on 6:00AM, and sets at 6:00PM. The tides caused by the moon is slowing the Earth's rotation down due to friction of the oceans (tidal friction). Therefore, our days are getting slight longer and longer, until the Earth's rotation "locks" with the orbital period of the moon (when Earth rotation = Moon's orbital period). However, this'll take billions of years, and Earth will be gobbled up by the Sun by then. But this tidal friction between Earth and the Moon has been happening for about 4 billion years already. So that means the Earth rotation was faster in primordial times (it's "days" were about 8 hours long). I'm pretty sure for some of you, you fell asleep already... .

Last edited by Muir Woods; 2004-10-27 at 23:20. Reason: That link died...
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 22:41   Link #376
Meow
So Who Is On Top ?

That things looks like UFOs..arrrg Aliens
Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 23:25   Link #377
Cz
Needs more sleep~

I saw the lunar eclipse from at home with my own eyes. I'm not much of an astronomy fan so I did not stare at it for long. I read that the next lunar eclipse will only occur in 2007, so this was the last one.
Old 2004-10-28, 03:33   Link #378
EtherNEZ
AIR is good for you

Muir Woods :
Incredible! I thought I would never see the day! Someone is just as mad at snapping the night sky as myself! Nice one.

I would like to have seen this morning's Lunar Eclipse (unfortunately the time of totality was about 3AM here) but "987hPa Low"-sama decided otherwise. Funnily enough though, the skies have cleared and the sun has come up just after the end of the event.... - Ah, I love this country!

Lunar eclipses are pretty but of course they pale in comparison to the staggering beauty of a total solar eclipse, not least because of their rarity in any one location (and guess what? That was washed out as well here in 1999 ^_^ )

Some of my better Lunar shots I have for now are these (from a partial eclipse some time ago) : Taken with Fuji S602 Zoom, at 6x optical zoom, f/2.3, ~0.5s exposure. It's easy to overexpose the moon and loose the features. Oh, and it goes without saying that a tripod is essential

Old 2004-10-28, 09:40   Link #379
Babak

Thanks for reviving this thread!

Hellychan > Unforgivable! You promised!

And now, some really colorful pictures!

There are some good reasons to live in Sweden anyway..

EDIT by Hellychan:
Doh~! You actually remembered my promise Gomen gomen! I have been so busy at school these days, that I haven't been able to take some shots ^^;, believe me, I look like a zombie right now I'll try to snap a few pics of my university...
And the last photos posted here are really pretty! Whaa EtherNEZ, you're back with some amazing shots! Muir Woods, thx to your photos, I have now seen an entire lunar eclipse

Last edited by Hellychan; 2004-11-01 at 11:41. Reason: Some explanations...^^;
Babak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 23:39   Link #380
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

I gotta bump this one up again. I don't get it, why is it that the post a photo of yourself thread more popular than this one? It's a bummer, cause personally I think Photographs thread > Photo of yourself thread. Anyways...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherNEZ
:
Awesome moon pictures. It's great to know that someone else likes astronomy as well. Bummer, your weather blocked out a lunar and solar (I have yet to see a solar) eclipse! I wish I can take pictures like that...but my camera isn't able to attach filters or zooms, nor do I have a tripod.... So all my stuff are amateur...heh heh.

Here are some Halloween trick or treaters that came to my house so far. Some people came trick or treating with little or no costumes at all, so no point in taking their pictures. I choose to post here in the photographs thread instead of the Halloween thread, because the Halloween thread will die off, but this thread will live on (I hope).:

I love that girl on the right. Now that is scary. Gave her extra candies!

Aww...so cute. I wanted to see his "trick"...heh heh.

Trick or treat or...donate?!

Will add more pictures as soon as more people ring my doorbell.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
photography