AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-10-25, 16:03   Link #1
Khalil

Girls of the Wild's [manhwa]

Serialized as a webtoon on Naver.
Author: Hun
Artist: Zena
Genre: Comedy, Martial Arts, Romance, School Life

A poor student get's a scholarship to an all-girl school, where everyone is a fighter.

So far, after 11 chapters the story is a lot better than I could describe, and the art is quite beautiful.
Khalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 16:10   Link #2
Chandalen

I was just thinking of making this thread since there is a decent thread for Orange Marm. I do love the art (one of the main girls is to the left here) and the story is going along pretty well thus far.

Spoiler for Chapter 11:
Chandalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 16:40   Link #3
Odd

I just started reading this last week and it is pretty good. Chapter 11 kind of shocked me a bit though, but it was still an ok chapter.
I'm just hoping this manga can keep up the momentum it picked up early on all the way until the end.
Odd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 17:21   Link #4
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I've only read up to the chapter where the glasses girl in introduced(oh how I love a glasses lass, think she's my current favorite atm) and I very much like it.

Not sure I can say I find it "oh wow"...expect maybe with the art(I love these webcomics, they are generally always lovely to look at) but it's certainly intersting enough.

Jae Bu is a odd one, he's kinda like a wimpy dude but at same time he's not.
Sure I can accept his freaking out at what goes on in school it is after crazy but yet he can stand up for himself and the fact he's shoulder massive responsibilities earns alot of points.

I like the contrast between his private family life and what goes on at school, the 2 are very different and offer alot and more surprisingly seems to work pretty well.

Guess I better get to rading the rest of the chapters!
Old 2011-10-25, 18:24   Link #5
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Really like this manhwa(I recommend reading Noblesse as well). Kind of wish more webtoons would get discussed here.
Old 2011-10-25, 19:28   Link #6
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I lol'd @ the raeg about chapter 10 at the scanlator's site, then everybody who was raging at "Monster" all turned themselves over to cute little tsundere Queen in chapter 11.

I thought the transition was a bit abrupt myself, though unlike them I already assumed she had a girly side way earlier and was just hiding it. What can I say, I've got a pretty good tsunderadar.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 22:31   Link #7
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Read the rest of the chapters and wow, talk about sudden eh

I also though it would come just not quite so suddenly altho I'm fine with it.

Seems that The Queen is a odd one as well, part of me still kinda dislikes her "monster" side, I know thats how it's played for plot's sake, she's made out to be a "bitch" but I oddly enjoy watching it all unfold even if I don't like that aspect of her character.
But when she turned around in chapter 11, it's hard to not somewhat either forgive her or like her
There been a love/hate thing going on from the start and I really like that.
It's like you hate her for how she treats Jae Gu but yet at the very same time it's hard to actually outright hate and despise her for it.

Another thing I gotta admit to, is I really liked how Jae Gu was talking to the Queen at his house.
It was talk of a rude and somehwat ugly nature but it did feel nice reading it for some reason.
He's giving a little back without going over the top which I think made it work greatly.
I can understand it cause I think for myself I would probably do the same.
There are times you can't hold yourself back and being able to give some lip can feel like a good thing.
For me that little piece I consider a great little bit of writing.

Also the I've taken a liking to Lee Moon now, she really grows on you.

Wee brother>cockroach>3 champions. LOL
Old 2011-10-26, 00:11   Link #8
Chandalen

Yeah the last bits were pretty well written.

The literal about face in ch 11 was mildly hinted at during the late night boxing scene several chapters back. But still when I saw panel two, I literally did a double take, then snorted out a laugh. I think the Queen has some social issues, that while explain her treatment of others, doesn't excuse it in the least. I'm proud of the MC for having a spine and actually refusing to be looked down upon. While what he said was harsh, I think in this case it was deserved and the impact of reality was apparent.

As for the other bits I've grown pretty fond of Lee Moon as well, though her bike changed considerably from chapter 1 to chapter 11 if you look. I still like Dal Dal the best, even though she has no chance and like the rest of the girls completely clueless when it comes to boys, she's just to darn cute (plus the tiger ears while detachable seem to move with the mood).
Chandalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 03:39   Link #9
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

In baka-update,in to categories, there's also written harem

Can anyone confirm this?

For now is a good story...this guy have really lived a hard life..being abandoned by his mother,take care of two twin...work part-time,and school...such a sad story....i think is normal that he react bad with a Queen...when he called her monster..and now goes to a school of only girls, who fight very well

I want to see the girl with green hair wearing glasses...what she can do...

The reaction of the Queen in the chapter 11,when she saw the cockroach the best!

If this is really a harem..,will be hard to decide for this boy, the girl he want..are all beautiful

The girl with cat ears.....is fun.....

When i see a manga with a girls fighting....i can't be helped..i can't resist..
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 04:03   Link #10
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
In baka-update,in to categories, there's also written harem
Baka-updates categories -- or any categories on the aggregator websites and, well, most of the internet -- are always fan interpretation based on what you, too, gets to read (well in untranslated manga the ones listing read it in their original Japanese). They mean nothing.

But given what we've seen so far: three girls interested in a boy (+ maybe the big sword girl may come and join later), yes, it looks a bit like a harem.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 08:38   Link #11
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Haha, yeah, after reading chapter 11, I was gonna make a thread myself . Anyway, I've really been greatly enjoying this manwha. The way Jae Gu depicts his life taking care of his siblings as stressful is very welcoming and realistic. His face in GAR mode is awesome too =03. The way he was in chapter 11 was just AWESOME; like Bonta said, a bit harsh, but not over-the-top and understandable, given his situation. The guy actually has balls, is not perverted(at least he hasn't shown to be as such yet), and understands his situation realistically. I couldn't ask for more, even though 'more' was definitely given .

I think out of the 3 girls, I like Lee Moon the most so far. She's definitely a 'big sis' type, even though her intentions are like most of the girls in the school (>.>). Friendly, but doesn't try to be too cozy or close, and easy to talk to. I really like those types of chars =03. Queen's dere side wasn't really a surprise, but like Chandelen, I was kinda shocked the blushing was so intense. Dal Dal is cute, and has gotten less annoying than her first appearance, though she never specifically bothered me with that annoyance. I actually found it cute =03.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 12:38   Link #12
Khalil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Jae Bu is a odd one, he's kinda like a wimpy dude but at same time he's not.
Sure I can accept his freaking out at what goes on in school it is after crazy but yet he can stand up for himself and the fact he's shoulder massive responsibilities earns alot of points.
Manwha mc's seem to have more common sense, and are usually less perverted, than their Japanese counterparts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
But given what we've seen so far: three girls interested in a boy (+ maybe the big sword girl may come and join later), yes, it looks a bit like a harem.
And possibly quite a few more, as he's the only boy in his school, but I'll reserve judgement for a few more chapters.

Spoiler for Dere Queen:

To be fair, when she heard, that Jae Gu was poor, she probably thought, that means his family only has a four bedroom house, two cars, and a single holiday home.
Khalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 13:07   Link #13
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Read this webtoon after Khalil started this thread.

After reading all current 11 chapters, i'm enjoying this series. You have a male lead who's afraid of fighting yet has some backbone and doesn't like to be mess with. The Queen, a rich girl who's rather anti-social and has a major dislike for boys due to her past but meets the male lead and goes dere dere because he doesn't treat her like she's expect him to be. A boxing champ who's the Queen's only friend and acts like the reasonable one for Jae Gu and the Queen. A Taekwodo catgirl who has poor understanding of the male lead and wants him to join her club and make him her boyfriend. The Wushu girl and her older sister, the Kendo girl who might be badassess then nobody realize and a punk girl who wants revenge against the Queen.

With these kind of characters, whats not to love about this webtoon? Sadly, the scanlation has caught up with the latest chapter so it might be a week until the next chapter comes.

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2011-10-26 at 19:37.
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 15:22   Link #14
Johnny
Working the bags...

You also have that little thing the director put out in ch 2 about whoever gets some Jae Gu experience gets some high score for graduation hanging in the background. That might cause some misunderstandings when Jae Gu hears about it...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 14:43   Link #15
iceyfw

dere dere queen KEK. this is much more refreshing than reading those japanese romance manga. to tell the truth, i've gotten a bit sick of them and been reading more korean comics/webtoons like this one.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 17:44   Link #16
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
dere dere queen KEK. this is much more refreshing than reading those japanese romance manga. to tell the truth, i've gotten a bit sick of them and been reading more korean comics/webtoons like this one.
Indeed, me as well =03. It seems like the male protagonists aren't always cookie-cutter wimps and perverts like in typical manga, and that they have some level of realistic depth to them(at least in the webtoons I've been reading (>.>)...)
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 05:08   Link #17
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Spoiler ch 12
Spoiler:
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 05:47   Link #18
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post