AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-17, 09:12   Link #41
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
Combing Mao's hair....such a lucky guy.
Don't forget the indirect kiss in the beginning Kyoro is working his way up!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 09:53   Link #42
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Shion's innocence is surprising due to her lack of common sense. Mao's still childish but it was very amusing to see her change her dream from a bad one to a good one (some escape mechanism ). Kirara's like, incredibly affectionate when drunk, and I'm sure none of them want such an incident to happen again.

Time flew past when I was busy entertaining myself with the show's antics. Very pleasing to see that it kept me engrossed and hopefully a good one next week as well.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 10:01   Link #43
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Spoiler for Episode 2:
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 10:28   Link #44
Midonin
Last Engage

GJ Bu 02 - Twisted

I really like this show. It's got a nice mix of dialogue and situation based humor, and the color palette is really pleasant. The Twister sketch was probably my favorite in the episode, and brought back some memories of another one of my favorites. (Only there it was Elly who had to do the embarrassing pose to win. In fact, Shion was probably concerned about the same pose.) Mao standing in for her youngest sister with some pigtails and a barely changed voice was amusing, and drunk!Kirara was a nice way to cap off the episode. If Acchi Kocchi's Tsumiki was like a housecat, Kirara's more like a wildcat, in terms of relative degrees of cattiness. The show just feels so friendly.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 10:32   Link #45
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.2

bit slice random sure from twister game give purple can't take it due to pink pose.

to arm wrestle challenge give one guy nearing own everyone even orange shorty twice but big cat eater just a snap & take it.

yea cat eater goes drunk yuri mood aka remind of chitose on chocolate but in whiskey attack by cat hair girl.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 11:54   Link #46
Pen3

Must be tough for Mao having such a perfect sister. Whatever position Shion refused to do i bet Meg would've done it

Last edited by Pen3; 2013-01-17 at 12:09.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 15:50   Link #47
Kreceir

Images
Kirara Bernstein
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I really want that Pillow she's leaning against
Old 2013-01-17, 16:42   Link #48
Dop
Mmmm....

I'm enjoying this, it's a fun show that hinges on character interaction more than plot, and if the character interactions are good then that works for me.

Drunken Kirara was hilarious.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 23:06   Link #49
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Why isnt twister getting in more anime and I dont get what Megumi is up to
Old 2013-01-18, 03:58   Link #50
garbage

yey! nyaha! such a wonderful build of for shinomiya.... utterly destroyed by that terrible tea (that vomiting was gross), and here I thought the Harem is on it's way
Is it just me or is that almost a confession from Megumi..

Mao during the Hair brushing was so nice and cute, too bad megumi had to disrupt the flow, bringing out her tsun

...and Kirara gives her meat to shinomiya kun >.< tasty ending...
Old 2013-01-18, 04:09   Link #51
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Episode 2

A lot of foolish is going on... fan service and naughtiness.... I'll still watch it... thanks for the neko at least took a nap on the male MCs lap...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 18:41   Link #52
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Well ... what can I say. Plain nonsense. But I kinda like it, I guess.

But yeah - not the most "profound" (or even zany) series in the world thus far for me.
Old 2013-01-20, 19:37   Link #53
Snuffle
likes cute things

At first I thought Mao was asleep while her hair was being combed, it was surprising that she accepted Kyouya combing her hair.

Funny how Shion came to the conclusion that she should just accept Kirara's assault.
She is most likely slower than Kirara and definitely weaker. Therefore, instead of run, just take it and endure/enjoy it as much as possible. There was lots of tongue action there, with sound!
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 16:38   Link #54
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 3:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 20:35   Link #55
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Just watched the first episode, out of curiosity.
It's pretty good, actually Well done chara designs, likeable characters, and funny to boot
I'll keep watching this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Wonderful start. Enjoyable from start to finish, including the OP and ED. I watched Tamako Market and then this, and this was by far the better watch, for me.

When I made Uchida Maaya my seiyuu of the season, it was more because she had so many roles than because I thought she was so good, even after Rikka in Chuunibyou. But now I'm sold. Range, humour, effectiveness...and beauty. And as a character, Mao is a great version of the type.

Really, I love all the characters, including the male lead. They just hit good notes, for me.
Same here. Tamako Market was a big disappointment for me, it just didn't click for me, and I doubt I'll continue watching after the first episode. Perhaps the bird was too annoying, or just too little interesting stuff for me. I watched K-On all the way through, but this Tamako Market... meh.
So this is much more interesting indeed
Old 2013-01-23, 23:50   Link #56
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Heh heh. I think I'm going to really like Kyoro and Shion's chemistry a lot for this show.

Actually... scratch that. Everyone is good in my books.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2013-01-24 at 00:03.
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 00:07   Link #57
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
All the characters are very likable and in a show where they stay in the clubroom most of the time, thats very important. That ShionxKyoro moment tugged at my heart strings. I currently want to see more moments between the two now.
Old 2013-01-24, 00:27   Link #58
Midonin
Last Engage

GJ Bu 03 - Use the Word "Tiger" In a Sentence

Kirara in her baseball cheerleading outfit was adorable. I've liked this show's character design and color palette since the moment it was announced, but seeing Kirara in some clothes designed for her tall figure, rather than her curiously undersized jacket that goes with her school uniform, was a pleasant surprise. I've mentioned it elsewhere, but this is one of my top three shows of the season. The characters and comedy are really good. It's a pleasant sort of "hang out" show.

The club membership button segment was one of my favorites from this episode. For Kirara, the button basically is a communicator. The two sketches where Mao and friends pulled off an elaborate hoax on Kyoro, right on the heels of Shion's talk about genuine friendship, did create a nice thematic contrast.

I'm really, really enjoying Maaya Uchida's voice work here. Her Mao voice has a different quality than either her Rikka or Aoi voices. It's got this scratchiness to it that I like. The new ED by Shion is well animated and well sung. There are two character song/soundtrack albums, so if they switch off every few episodes, all the songs on those may very well make their way to the show.

Excellent. I love one cour shows with more than one ending theme. It means more music for me.

If I had one complaint about this episode, it's that the translation of Shion's last line in the sunset massage scene broke the comedic flow. "I was getting a bit carried away", while true for the scene, should've been rendered as "I was getting a little hot." It ties the joke of the scene together, and plays against Shion wondering if she was a "cold" woman.

Wonderful episode, and I'm glad I was able to watch it late at night instead of early in the morning. More thought processes firing.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 00:35   Link #59
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
If I had one complaint about this episode, it's that the translation of Shion's last line in the sunset massage scene broke the comedic flow. "I was getting a bit carried away", while true for the scene, should've been rendered as "I was getting a little hot." It ties the joke of the scene together, and plays against Shion wondering if she was a "cold" woman.
That's more like a problem with the subs, but yeah apart from that I do hear that as "getting a little hot."

But still, I like that part with maybe a little bit too much energy than what I should expend for this show.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 00:40   Link #60
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Yeah I had my suspicions in the first episode, but after this episode I'm absolutely certain that Sumeragi Shion is my favorite girl in this series Too bad aside from her touching up Kyoro in all the hot spots on his body, not much was fun about this episode.

Kyoro himself is a rather dull protagonist to follow- he's not a weirdo like Souta , he's not a lady-killer like Io, he's not as awesome as Sugiseki, and he's certainly no tsukkomi-pro like Tsuda.... Basically there's not much he can do to stir things up. Even that sulking scene while has potential, ended on an underwhelming note.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-01-24 at 03:14.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4-koma, comedy, light novel, shounen