AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-07-11, 00:02   Link #21
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

"Depending on the companions you have..."

Me when reading that part: *oh cool , they have companion system like in Skyrim*

"...you can feed them, pet them , and mount them"

This is too hard-core BDSM man. I don't think I'm qualified to play this game
Old 2014-07-11, 00:09   Link #22
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
"Depending on the companions you have..."

Me when reading that part: *oh cool , they have companion system like in Skyrim*

"...you can feed them, pet them , and mount them"

This is too hard-core BDSM man. I don't think I'm qualified to play this game
Wanna bet we will have what's equivalent to this? I'm looking forward to that mounting part.

Old 2014-07-11, 00:33   Link #23
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Why not the opposite?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 17:16   Link #24
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Loved RO wayyyyyyyy back when I was a kiddie. RO2 sucked ballz and this looks promising! As much as I loved the grind on RO back in the day, I hope it won't be similar (don't think it will anyways).

Off topic, they need to do a remake of Pristontale. PT2 sucked ballz just like RO2 =/

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-14, 22:10   Link #25
Xacual

Another class video came out a few days ago.

Cataphract – A strong class able to break blocking objects and get out of monster crowds when surrounded. It is 1 of the few warrior classes which is able to attack while moving.

Chronomancer – A mage-type class with the power to control time. In actual gameplay, it is able to increase self-movement speed, increase party’s attack speed. This class also has crowd control skills such as limiting targets’ movement, and even turning back time!

Quarrel Shooter – A special ranged class using a 1-handed crossbow and a shield, giving the usually fragile archer-type classes some much needed defence. It can apparently place shields on the ground as well, blocking incoming attacks.

Bokor – A witch doctor/ voodoo shaman type of class, it uses poison and other dark magic as attacks. Its speciality is to revive dead monsters (upon death) and forming a large army of undead minions.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-14, 22:56   Link #26
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

The more I see of this game the more I love it! The classes we've seen so far are really varied and interesting. Lots of fresh twists on the typical MMO formula going on with ToS. Looking forward to seeing more.
Old 2014-07-14, 23:31   Link #27
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

That is actually pretty interesting gameplay, there's bound to be a ton of balancing issues for sure though
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-14, 23:39   Link #28
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Not like RO is balanced anyway, but it's still a fun game nonetheless.

I actually worry more about the scope of the game. It seems really big for a launch title, and I expect we will have a ton of bug early.

I also hope it will be subscription based MMO. I can't say I have enjoyed the limiting in all those F2P MMO I've played that feel like it tried really hard to make you pay here and there with every feature.

[edit]
More class preview.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; 2014-07-20 at 02:03.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 00:58   Link #29
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I know it will be buggy and I accept that. There's no such thing as a bug-free launch for an MMO in this day and age. Besides, it's 2D. The coding for this isn't on the level of triple-A title 3D MMOs.

And as long as they don't pull any Trion Worlds-esque bullshit with their payment model, they should be fine. (I would personally prefer it to be B2P, tho.)
Old 2014-07-23, 03:08   Link #30
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I know it will be buggy and I accept that. There's no such thing as a bug-free launch for an MMO in this day and age. Besides, it's 2D. The coding for this isn't on the level of triple-A title 3D MMOs.
I don't worry about the buggy of the game. I'm worry about the bug of the skill. Seeing the scope of the skills it could lead to many unpleasant bugs and griefing. Doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to it, though.

Anyway, more translation for the latest Q&A.
Old 2014-07-23, 09:18   Link #31
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

It's a fair concern. I find myself a bit worried about classes like Centurion who can just put people in a formation and run into mobs... Sounds like a perfect recipe for trolling. A lot of classes also have major potential for some grade-A mob training onto newbies and whatnot. I guess we'll see.
Old 2014-07-23, 11:59   Link #32
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

From what they said, you could choose to leave the formation on your own.

But the problem with Chronomancer is on another whole level. The potential of griefing.

Quote:
Q) I saw Chronomancer’s skill which restores the past time. Then is it possible to revive the friends who are dead? What about the items that we acquired before we restore the time? How about the monsters which are dead? Do they resurrect?
A) First of all, this skill can’t be used often since some time needs to be passed in order to use this skill again. However, if there were dead friends or monsters, they will resurrect. The items that you acquired before you restore the time will remain even if you restore the time. You can understand it as in Sci-Fi movies where the main character who go to the past using time slip still has a cell phone or other things in his/her pocket which are not possible to be existed in the past.
Old 2014-07-23, 13:00   Link #33
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Man that sounds really broken from the outset. Does that mean you can res bosses and farm xp, they really need to make the cooldown killer or make it need a really rare item to circumvent that.

But let's be honest, we'd be limiting the classes so much if we banned too many things to curb the inevitable trolling/botting/griefing.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 16:12   Link #34
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Yes, the Chronomancer was the first class to come to mind for major grief and/or imbalance potential when I read that blog post about it. Which I really hope isn't the case because it's one of the classes I want to play the most!
Old 2014-07-23, 21:29   Link #35
Crossheart

Many people that have more info than i, say that is already stated "This skill will not be spammable"
Crossheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 21:43   Link #36
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I actually don't worry about the spammable, but let say, the first thing that come to my mind is seeing a cleric or someone just resurrected his/her friend in the middle of a fight, and then a Chronomancer nearby just goes "Lol nope" and turn back time.

Hilarity ensures, along with raging. You know when I get my hand on a Chronomancer, that will be the first thing I do to my friends.
Old 2014-07-24, 10:09   Link #37
Crossheart

I'm pretty sure that this skill only affect party members...
Crossheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-24, 10:10   Link #38
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post

Hilarity ensures, along with raging. You know when I get my hand on a Chronomancer, that will be the first thing I do to my friends.
I can foresee lots of Chronomancers named after Jojo villains and Akemi Homura.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-24, 10:49   Link #39
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
It's a fair concern. I find myself a bit worried about classes like Centurion who can just put people in a formation and run into mobs... Sounds like a perfect recipe for trolling. A lot of classes also have major potential for some grade-A mob training onto newbies and whatnot. I guess we'll see.
But then, I imagine such trolls will find themselves named and shamed by the community in short order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I can foresee lots of Chronomancers named after Jojo villains and Akemi Homura.
And at least one Rufus.

It's a shame there's no day/night system, given its potential to affect gameplay (for example, certain monsters might show up only at night; others might be much more active during the day, et cetera).

Lastly, another pair of questions:
  • will there be counters to certain abilities? For example, something like 'localized tremor' which has a chance to break formations; and
  • will we be seeing among the OPFOR subjects who themselves make use of these skills?
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-24, 11:16   Link #40
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

With such a huge amount of classes, I fear you'd have no choice but to do elaborate research in order to choose your class. Sasuga Korean RPGs.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime, mmorpg, ragnarok online, tree of savior