AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2018-05-11, 05:10   Link #1
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Girls' Frontline (Android/iOS)

So yeah. The game is finally out in english. Anyone playing this game and got some tips?
Old 2018-05-11, 06:53   Link #2
AnimeFangirl

What's the selling point besides butts, boobs and bullets?
Old 2018-05-12, 09:10   Link #3
Skulkraken

I’ve been trying out this game, and it’s actually pretty fun. Not being restricted by a stamina system is great.

User id is 5699.
Old 2018-05-15, 06:37   Link #4
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Anime PV trailer in the works.

Old 2018-05-15, 08:09   Link #5
zeross87

i can't seem to find it on applestore EU
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-15, 19:30   Link #6
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

^You can try downloading the APK file instead.
Old 2018-05-15, 20:19   Link #7
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Or just download it through QooApp, if it's available there.

I've watched the gameplay footage, and I was shocked to find out that it relied on chibi art to depict in-game combat. It's rather weird, considering how gritty the character design is. Maybe I was just spoiled by Dragon Nest Mobile and Toji no Miko: Kizamishi Issen no Tomoshibi, mobile games with full 3D in-game combat.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-16, 02:00   Link #8
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Or just download it through QooApp, if it's available there.

I've watched the gameplay footage, and I was shocked to find out that it relied on chibi art to depict in-game combat. It's rather weird, considering how gritty the character design is. Maybe I was just spoiled by Dragon Nest Mobile and Toji no Miko: Kizamishi Issen no Tomoshibi, mobile games with full 3D in-game combat.
Granblue and many others are the same
Old 2018-05-16, 09:22   Link #9
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Granblue and Danmachi had chibi sprites that match the overall art direction of the game. Girls Frontline's art go from gritty blacks of the cutscenes and original character designs to the bright, seemingly RPG Maker-esque pallettes in battle.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-20, 21:59   Link #10
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Currently the servers are down and will be back up soon.

EDIT:Servers are back and users get 2000 resources each as compensation.

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2018-05-21 at 04:59.
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-21, 18:12   Link #11
Clarkies
Casual Anime Watcher

So, this is like Kancolle?
Clarkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-21, 21:33   Link #12
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkies View Post
So, this is like Kancolle?
On the surface sure. However, GF has a lot more tactics involved especially in later chapters, since the game gives the player a lot more ways to control their forces; like there being no 'routing' since movement is left entirely to player control, being able to deploy multiple teams in a mission, and even being able to move your girls around during battle. Also, the game has an actual story and characters.

As a 'game', I definitely rate this a lot higher than Kancolle.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 17:59   Link #13
Clarkies
Casual Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
On the surface sure. However, GF has a lot more tactics involved especially in later chapters, since the game gives the player a lot more ways to control their forces; like there being no 'routing' since movement is left entirely to player control, being able to deploy multiple teams in a mission, and even being able to move your girls around during battle. Also, the game has an actual story and characters.

As a 'game', I definitely rate this a lot higher than Kancolle.
Well, you've just convinced me to play this game! I'll try it out and see how it goes.
Clarkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-01, 22:12   Link #14
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

You know one of GFs best features, asides from all the great QoL features they have that make the game so much better to play?

Images
You can set your adjutant separately from your first Echelon leader
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2018-06-01, 22:31   Link #15
dragon1412

seem like the game is in good trend, is there anyone who could give me the opinion of which version is best to get into ??? Kr, TW, CN or EN one ??? or should i just wait for JP
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-01, 23:56   Link #16
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
seem like the game is in good trend, is there anyone who could give me the opinion of which version is best to get into ??? Kr, TW, CN or EN one ??? or should i just wait for JP
Depends on what you're comfortable with. Obviously CN, TW and KR will have more content having run much longer, but EN starting out means that you're able to avail of early-game exclusive content (like Five-Seven in the currently running Trimagic Square event) and of course having the entire game in English.

Old 2018-06-02, 00:38   Link #17
dragon1412

so i guess EN then, i don't knew CN or KR is one thing. But early game exclusive content really is the only choice.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 08:56   Link #18
Tenzen12

Started play it recently and it pretty fun, it also doesn't seeem too hard get decent roster of units, especially as Free AFs are pretty good (I hope last member of team doesn't kick bucket. She looks really cool and I would hate use my fresh 5 star AF: 416 if that happened.

But there is indeed one serious problem with this game: Why I can flirt with anyone except best girl Ms. Helian? This game should really get it's priorities straight!
Old 2018-06-09, 10:36   Link #19
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post

But there is indeed one serious problem with this game: Why I can flirt with anyone except best girl Ms. Helian? This game should really get it's priorities straight!
.... you know, that is a very good question.

I mean, given that her mixers are mostly failures, she's still very much available.

Old 2018-06-09, 11:15   Link #20
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Started play it recently and it pretty fun, it also doesn't seeem too hard get decent roster of units, especially as Free AFs are pretty good (I hope last member of team doesn't kick bucket. She looks really cool and I would hate use my fresh 5 star AF: 416 if that happened.

Who? M16?

As for Helian, my personal pet theory is that she's Kryuger's - aka our Big Boss - relative, probably his adopted daughter or something. Which is nobody dared getting more dates with her.

Tags
girls with "guns", ios, mobage