AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-12-06, 10:07   Link #41
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Awesome News ..I can't wait to see it
Old 2009-12-06, 10:08   Link #42
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well , maybe it'll confirmed that Lelouch was the one who ride the horse in the end (with C.C above )
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 10:09   Link #43
Westlo
Lets be reality

I wonder if Goro Taniguchi will even come back after what happened with R2... it's a shame that Sunrise didn't let him do what he wanted to do.. it's not like the tv ratings could've got much worse anyway lol..

Late night slot + Goro Taniguchi control = win depending on whether this is a "real effort" or just a cash cow.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 10:36   Link #44
lovelyzombie
you gotta know the enemy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I wonder if Goro Taniguchi will even come back after what happened with R2... it's a shame that Sunrise didn't let him do what he wanted to do.. it's not like the tv ratings could've got much worse anyway lol..
you mean, making a certain couple canon? yeah, shame pal, shame. oh well, what can you do? /dude, specially if it was night slow, woah "your sex is on fire"-concept, like, totes. anyway, let us hope that the new project, will not be some kind of trollish (though doubt that, they would not spent so much time-effort to troll us..r-right? 8D)stuff, and it will be something good to talk about.
lovelyzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 10:50   Link #45
Deadly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post

Late night slot + Goro Taniguchi control = win depending on whether this is a "real effort" or just a cash cow.
Did he ever say his real intentions in a magazine interview or something? I'm interested in reading this...
Deadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 12:00   Link #46
Laurcus
The black angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
Did he ever say his real intentions in a magazine interview or something? I'm interested in reading this...
I don't know, but would it really surprise anyone if the writer and director planned this from the start? I have heard people say that R2 didn't go exactly as the writer and director planned, but would it really be that hard to just make all that up to build hype for season 3?

It would go something like this. Sunrise sets it up for another season but isn't sure if it will make a lot of money. So the last episode of R2 airs and they listen to what their fans have to say about it. If no one cares and the fans all just say Code Geass sucks, then Sunrise doesn't make any more CG.

If 100000 flame wars across the internet start about Lelouch being alive or dead and people still seem interested even after the show is over, then Sunrise knows they can make bank off this.

So they watched, and waited to see the fans reactions. I don't need to tell all of you how many CG lulu dead/alive threads there have been lol. So after seeing fan reactions, Sunrise (and maybe the writer and director?) are motivated out of greed to make more CG.

That's my crazy conspiracy theory anyway.
Old 2009-12-06, 12:10   Link #47
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

"Just as planned", eh? Stranger things have happened.
Old 2009-12-06, 13:24   Link #48
GundamFan0083

You know now that you mention it TrueElements it is curious that the title of this new series is "rebirth" and they (Sunrise) celebrated Lelouch's birthday this year.

That bodes ill for the current canon IMHO.
I'm begining to get the feeling that the information in my R2 Official Guidebook will soon not be worth the paper it's printed on...at least it has a lot of cool pictures!

I say this because Sunrise has done some outlandish things recently in Gundam oo.

Spoiler for This one was over the top even for Sunrise.:

I think Sunrise was hinting at this during the summer...remember this image?

Spoiler for Lulu meets Lassie:

I knew that this picture meant something...as in "something fail this way comes."

We know Sunrise, we should've seen this coming since Lelouch is wearing a crucifix with Jesus on it...yeah, yeah, we know On the third day he rose again from the dead, we get it Sunrise...damn corporate-trolls.

I so do not want to see the fan-war aftermath of R2 repeated.

Last edited by GundamFan0083; 2014-01-26 at 14:19.
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 13:26   Link #49
Xander

The problem with conspiracy theories is that for every little thing they get right a dozen others are all wrong.

In any event, you don't need to go quite that far. All Sunrise and Bandai need to do is look at their own figures and notice what franchises are actually making them money. Gundam? Yes. Code Geass? Yes. You get the idea.

This doesn't mean something good or at least interesting can't be produced in order to get more of that money, but let's not fool ourselves: anime is a business. This isn't a new development and it's not going to change.

I hope whatever is going to come next is worth my attention, but I'm not expecting masterpieces here.

Honestly though, I don't want to sit here and speculate about what is or isn't canon without more information.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 13:26   Link #50
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

MUHAHAHA!

If Lelouch is alive...I will freak out. All you hater's out there who said that he was dead, no way can they bring him back...

SCREW YOU!
Old 2009-12-06, 13:35   Link #51
Xander

This should be obvious by now but Lelouch can easily be dead in Universe A and alive in Universe B.

I think that's the best solution because it completely avoids having to deal with fan speculations and flame wars. Fans who want to see Lelouch again will be happy and those who don't can just skip the show or accept that it's taking place in a different universe where he never died. Everyone should be able to get what they want.

And well...magazine spreads aren't meant to be taken seriously, unless you want to believe that, say, Lelouch came back to Ashford at the end of the show with Rolo and Shirley there to greet him. I don't think seeing him again would suddenly make this or that poster more important than any of the others. They're all just merchandise.
Old 2009-12-06, 13:38   Link #52
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
The problem with conspiracy theories is that for every little thing they get right a dozen others are all wrong.

In any event, you don't need to go quite that far. All Sunrise and Bandai need to do is look at their own figures and notice what franchises are actually making them money. Gundam? Yes. Code Geass? Yes. You get the idea.

This doesn't mean something good or at least interesting can't be produced in order to get more of that money, but let's not fool ourselves: anime is a business. This isn't a new development and it's not going to change.

I hope whatever is going to come next is worth my attention, but I'm not expecting masterpieces here.

Honestly though, I don't want to sit here and speculate about what is or isn't canon without more information.
Which is precisely my point (about the money making element).
What makes Code Geass so popular?
Lelouch.
With Gundam it was the mecha, the Gundam itself that made the show popular (which is why every single Gundam series has Gundams in it).
But that isn't the case with Code Geass IMHO.
The KMFs don't make it popular.
Geass isn't what made it popular.
It was Lelouch.
Sunrise could wack every other character in the show except for Lelouch and a new series would sell (well they might need CC as well since she's pretty damn popular also).
Like you say Xander, it's money that's driving this not story, or continuity, or literary etiquette.
Just profit.
Thus I am of the opinion (and I really hope I'm dead wrong on this) that we'll see a sequel to R2 with Lelouch in it rather than a new story or retelling.
I'm cynical I know, but Sunrise has done this kind of thing since the original Gundam series and it's been very profitable for them so why would they change their marketing strategy now?
Old 2009-12-06, 13:41   Link #53
Lummie

A Lelouch comeback and imagine him leading a army with a pose like the one in the picture beneath.

Spoiler for A new Era starts:

I hope they don't animate NoN or SotC. I wouldn't stand seeing Spinzaku taking the role of main lead *ugh*. Lelouch is the one who really is entertaining with his badass voice and strategies. Also want CC back XD
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 13:42   Link #54
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
My opinion it will be a remake of all the entire story from the beginning.

Like full metal alchemist.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 13:44   Link #55
GundamFan0083

Wow that is a cool pic.
Reminds me of Ichigo from Bleach.
Old 2009-12-06, 13:45   Link #56
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshinobu View Post
I'm all for R3 if they manage to pull it off... The original plan for R2 would be a welcome idea too, I'm curious to see what would have been the outcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post

I would love to see the original version of R2 before it was scrapped. If history is any indication, we might see it. One year ago, I mentioned that if Code Geass was successful, then Sunrise might provide the creators with an option to do another Code Geass Project. Also, at this time, last year, Sunrise can out and said that they would be more Code Geass. Thus, they had a Lelouch Birthday event.

And considering that it was Lelouch birthday, why would Sunrise announced a new Code Geass if they were not going to include Lelouch? Then, it would not have made any sense to have a big birthday event in his honor.

A rebirth, in my opinion, means that they'll either do a remake of the series of R2 or the entire series.

Also, I know that a lot of folks would love to see the Nightmare of Nunnally get animated. However, don't you think that it's just rehashing the same story, but with different characters?

Whatever the case may be, we'll have to wait and see what comes out of it.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 13:47   Link #57
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post

Oh HELL NO!

FMA Brotherhood bombed.

I hope it's just a video or Pachinko game.
Old 2009-12-06, 13:56   Link #58
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Thus I am of the opinion (and I really hope I'm dead wrong on this) that we'll see a sequel to R2 with Lelouch in it rather than a new story or retelling.
I'm cynical I know, but Sunrise has done this kind of thing since the original Gundam series and it's been very profitable for them so why would they change their marketing strategy now?
I believe this has already been discussed and I'm afraid my answer will be similar...we just don't know.

Let's take a step back and admit that none of us are experts nor do we have any numbers. We're all just assuming things based on our individual perspectives and often what is "common knowledge" turns out to be false, inaccurate or incomplete when faced with a complex reality and its own surprises.

Both history and the world of business are full of popular assumptions being proved wrong from time to time.

This might not be the time nor the place for that but there's nothing saying it won't be either.

Lelouch is the single most important element, but there might be issues and factors at work that we can't even see, much less comprehend. We could end up seeing what you fear, but we might also see something different. Perhaps they might try to shift the focus from Lelouch to Zero as a symbol and work their way up from there. Or they could just make a copy of Lelouch with a different name. And we will never know if it will work or not beforehand.

All we know is that hindsight is 20/20, but what about foresight? That's not always so straightforward.
Old 2009-12-06, 13:58   Link #59
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

The news almost seems dumb. I mean they basically ruined s2 from the glorious s1. Do they have the means to ever recover from that? I dunno.. The ending of S2 really represent a scapegoat for the industry for later money-leeching. They better make it a revolution like that of S1.
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 14:04   Link #60
Xander

All I can say is that Gundam recovers from bad series every now and then without too much difficulty, so it's not a question about having the "means" but simply a matter of how circumstances turn out. Like, for example, who works on the project and what decisions are made by executives behind the scenes.

Even greedy corporate bastards can still be responsible for good or great stuff if everything else works out alright.

Tags
drama, mecha