AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2019-08-19, 15:43   Link #341
The Infinite Dream

https://highschooldxdfc.blogspot.com...ragon.html?m=1

Chapter one is out in Portuguese for people who can read or translate it over
The Infinite Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-19, 16:25   Link #342
Crimson_Emperor

Wonder what AxA mean
Crimson_Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-19, 16:34   Link #343
Palmito

On Facebook pages I saw fans saying they didn't like Issei's new power up (i dont like it too). What about you guys here? Did everyone like what AxA end up being?
Palmito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-19, 16:38   Link #344
Djeveler

I personally never wanted any more power-ups in the first place, but this one is ok. It's more creative than just another armor or blast, and it's reliance on Ryuuteimaru gives it more necessary weak points than it would if it was yet another super mode.
Djeveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-19, 17:24   Link #345
Hokoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmito View Post
On Facebook pages I saw fans saying they didn't like Issei's new power up (i dont like it too). What about you guys here? Did everyone like what AxA end up being?
Incredibly disappointed.
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-19, 17:29   Link #346
Lucidrago

I like the fact that I never saw it coming. It was very creative on Ishibumi's part to involve Ryuuteimaru, Issei's familiar, in the power-up.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-19, 17:33   Link #347
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
Incredibly disappointed.
Same. Thought AxA, the so called final answer for Ophis and GR's power would be the Dragon form from EX or something similarly cool but it's just Ise piloting Ryuuteimaru
Old 2019-08-19, 18:08   Link #348
Blazor 98

So Issei needs Ryuuteimaru to go AxA? Damn, Issei can never get a power up without relying on someone else of an outside factor. This is starting to become lame.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-19, 18:09   Link #349
Djeveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakai View Post
Same. Thought AxA, the so called final answer for Ophis and GR's power would be the Dragon form from EX or something similarly cool but it's just Ise piloting Ryuuteimaru
The dragon form is something he can already do, so if AxA was it then it would overlap hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
So Issei needs Ryuuteimaru to go AxA? Damn, Issei can never get a power up without relying on someone else of an outside factor. This is starting to become lame.
You're extremely late to complain about this sort of thing. If you expected Issei to become strong just on his own and without "someone else or an outside factor", then you should have dropped since Volume 1 when his Boosted Gear was shown. I also fail to see how it's lame.
Old 2019-08-19, 18:18   Link #350
Ashvar

Spoiler for Spoilers:
Ashvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-19, 18:20   Link #351
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeveler View Post
The dragon form is something he can already do, so if AxA was it then it would overlap hard.
Not really. The form shown in EX was a colossal Great Red sized Dragon. It was something else entirely compared to the half assed dragonification he has now(which he does not even bother using) .
Old 2019-08-19, 18:36   Link #352
Djeveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakai View Post
Not really. The form shown in EX was a colossal Great Red sized Dragon. It was something else entirely compared to the half assed dragonification he has now(which he does not even bother using) .
Even if it was larger, it's the same sort of thing. Crom Cruach can also turn much larger in his dragon form, but can also remain with human-sized dragon parts (like when he got blasted with Crimson Blaster and half of his face was dragon, as if his human skin had peeled off). They're not mutually exclusive things, and they overlap.
Old 2019-08-19, 18:41   Link #353
XFire
150% done

People are complaining that Issei's familiar, that evolved based on his power, is being used to help him get stronger.

Wut?

In the first place, the majority of super high level transformations require the use of someone or something else contributing.

Ise and Vali are basically scrubs without their dragon partners, Rias combines with Gasper, Azazel used Fafnir, Vidar used the Midgard Serpent, Saji uses his dragon, etc.

There aren't all that many people who weren't born into God-class power who can boost themselves to or over it without outside assistance.
Old 2019-08-19, 18:45   Link #354
Djeveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
People are complaining that Issei's familiar, that evolved based on his power, is being used to help him get stronger.

Wut?

In the first place, the majority of super high level transformations require the use of someone or something else contributing.

Ise and Vali are basically scrubs without their dragon partners, Rias combines with Gasper, Azazel used Fafnir, Vidar used the Midgard Serpent, Saji uses his dragon, etc.

There aren't all that many people who weren't born into God-class power who can boost themselves to or over it without outside assistance.
Thank you so much, man. Condensed perfectly ^^^^^^^
Old 2019-08-19, 19:03   Link #355
Blazor 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeveler View Post

You're extremely late to complain about this sort of thing. If you expected Issei to become strong just on his own and without "someone else or an outside factor", then you should have dropped since Volume 1 when his Boosted Gear was shown. I also fail to see how it's lame.
It was understandable in the beginning because back then Issei was weak but currently is a different story considering all he's been through.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-19, 19:11   Link #356
Hokoga

So instead of I don't know maybe strengthening Issei's base state, let's instead manifests Great Red's power through Ryuuteimaru because that more sense..... Wait...
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Also my guys, I'm not going to knock any of you guys who like the AxA form, but I would appreciate if you don't jump on my case for disliking it.
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-19, 19:11   Link #357
Rayzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post

Wut?

I don't know, Vali is impressive with or without Albion given his huge demonic power reserve and talent. The guy did learn Norse magic in a day just by reading a book. Vidar is a strong god without Midgard armor, Azazel is Maou class without Fafnir and Rias is Ultimate devil class. Issei is on the low end on the pole as well as Saji without their Sacred Gears.
Rayzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-19, 19:17   Link #358
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashvar View Post
Spoiler for Spoilers:
Well I expected more out of those two devils considering they were Maou-class who had the potential to become Super Devils but oh well. Hope the fights were written.

Expected that Erebus had some way to reduce Issei's and Ddraig's combined fighting power. But Issei is getting too OP. Defeating two gods like that. I just expected Balberith to assist in some way.

Poor Balberith. At least we got an illustration of him.

Malebranche here we come.

So that's what ExE is going to be called.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-19, 19:22   Link #359
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzer View Post
I don't know, Vali is impressive with or without Albion given his huge demonic power reserve and talent. The guy did learn Norse magic in a day just by reading a book. Vidar is a strong god without Midgard armor, Azazel is Maou class without Fafnir and Rias is Ultimate devil class. Issei is on the low end on the pole as well as Saji without their Sacred Gears.
He's really not. Vali's DxD is him becoming Maou class in base. Which says....not so great things about his much weaker forms.

As for the others, they were more or less born at that level. Vidar was born God class, Azazel was always Maou-class, and Rias would explicitly become Ultimate-class without training at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
So instead of I don't know maybe strengthening Issei's base state, let's instead manifests Great Red's power through Ryuuteimaru because that more sense..... Wait...
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Also my guys, I'm not going to knock any of you guys who like the AxA form, but I would appreciate if you don't jump on my case for disliking it.
I don't care if you dont like it, but there's a huge precedent for why the ability took that form.

In the first place, if AxA strengthened his base form, it wouldn't be a new form.
Old 2019-08-19, 19:23   Link #360
Djeveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
It was understandable in the beginning because back then Issei was weak but currently is a different story considering all he's been through.
Issei has always been supposed to be weaker than pretty much most people in the setting when on an even playing field, on equal conditions. And other people have also been through a lot, let alone the people who have lived for centuries or millenia. Even at that, the reason Issei becomes strong is not because he has talent, or he's good at battling, but because he can understand and inspire others, so it's natural his strength would come from connections with others too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzer View Post
Vali is explicitly a Devil who is extremely talented for battle, Issei is explicitly not such. Azazel and Vidar have lived for millenia, Rias is also a talented person.

Issei has always been mentioned to be talentless and relatively unskilled, by saying he should become strong from his own things then you're pretty much derailing the entire story and how Issei's character is meant to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Well I expected more out of those two devils considering they were Maou-class who had the potential to become Super Devils but oh well. Hope the fights were written.
Both Tobio and Cao Cao have named chapters, so it's very likely their battles were written.