AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-01-30, 10:53   Link #261
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

So what is next for AoE, given that the current arc has ended? I sure hope Kazue Kato increase the pace. The series is twelve years old now, and with this pace I feared it would take over twenty years to finish it.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-30, 19:46   Link #262
Random14

We have been getting a lot of answers in the last few years (like seeing the Blue Night), but yeah, I wouldn't rule out 20 years. There's at least another 3-4 years to go, probably more, with several big mysteries left.

Rin and Yukio (and their relationship) are in much better shape now, but looks like the actual big bad will be showing up soon. And we haven't seen Shiemi for a while either.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-31, 08:51   Link #263
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
We have been getting a lot of answers in the last few years (like seeing the Blue Night), but yeah, I wouldn't rule out 20 years. There's at least another 3-4 years to go, probably more, with several big mysteries left.

Rin and Yukio (and their relationship) are in much better shape now, but looks like the actual big bad will be showing up soon. And we haven't seen Shiemi for a while either.
I've a hunch that Shiemi will definitely have a big role in the upcoming chapters. Kato has been teasing about her power for long enough. And we still haven't got to the ends of characters like Angel and Lewin.
Old 2021-02-02, 05:51   Link #264
Windsgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
I've a hunch that Shiemi will definitely have a big role in the upcoming chapters. Kato has been teasing about her power for long enough. And we still haven't got to the ends of characters like Angel and Lewin.
Indeed. Wasn't she suppose to be a reincarnation or clone of someone? When she was taken away they were calling her "Lady Shiemi, Shiemi Ojou, Ojou Sama and Shiemi-sama. (Not they basically mean the same thing. Just different people called her in a different address) If my memory serves me correctly they also said "Welcome back" and such. So I wonder how much she will change.
I worry she will lose her memories of this life and gain per previous while gaining a lot of power. Then Rin & Yukio will try reawaken her memories. So we will see.
Old 2021-02-02, 07:52   Link #265
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsgrace View Post
Indeed. Wasn't she suppose to be a reincarnation or clone of someone? When she was taken away they were calling her "Lady Shiemi, Shiemi Ojou, Ojou Sama and Shiemi-sama. (Not they basically mean the same thing. Just different people called her in a different address) If my memory serves me correctly they also said "Welcome back" and such. So I wonder how much she will change.
I worry she will lose her memories of this life and gain per previous while gaining a lot of power. Then Rin & Yukio will try reawaken her memories. So we will see.
It's probably her turn to be on the antagonist side for a bit anyway. I mean, really, who's left who hasn't done that?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-03, 10:15   Link #266
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I was also thinking she might become an antagonist after regaining her original memories. The vibes are there. And I've already seen this kind of thing before in other mangas.
Old 2021-02-04, 00:46   Link #267
Shadow5YA

Has Hayasaka not been rehired yet?

I thought Oko was planning on getting her back as a "gift" to Kaguya.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-04, 02:47   Link #268
Hokoga

Wasn't there supposed to be a new chapter yesterday?
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-04, 03:04   Link #269
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
Wasn't there supposed to be a new chapter yesterday?
So...

Blue Exorcist Manga Takes 2-Month Break Due to Author's Fatigue

I guess it's about time she does this. Any mangaka should take a break after sticking with a series over a decade. And she has just finished a big arc to boot.
Old 2021-02-04, 10:12   Link #270
Hokoga

^ Thank you
Old 2021-04-01, 11:51   Link #271
Hokoga

Just when I think that things are finally calming down and then this happens... Rin chose a really sh!tty time to reseal his demon heart.
____
The next chapter is out on the 30th
Spoiler for Me being paranoid:
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-10, 07:53   Link #272
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Any thought on Chapter 129? Have we truly stepped into the final arc? Because if this is only a fake-out, and then we get different arcs for each of the demon kings, I've no idea how long would this series continue.
Old 2021-04-10, 21:18   Link #273
Random14

Maybe the final arc, but the "final battle" is probably still years off. It is nice to finally see another of the kings, not sure any of them has appeared in person since Amaimon (and he hasn't shown up for a while either), and Mephisto's flashback didn't show them clearly either. I hope Rin doesn't have to fight all of them, that would take forever, and Rin has to get within striking range of his father at some point.

Though even with Satan finally having a physical body, I'm still not sure he'll be the final boss (most powerful but not so much in terms of plotting), especially with Lucifer and Mephisto still around.
Old 2021-04-11, 10:28   Link #274
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Now that you mention it, it's indeed possible for Mephisto end up as an enemy later on down the road. He's suspicious in some areas. And Lucifer could be the final boss too. Good points here.

But this is a Battle Shonen. Rin would probably have to defeat his father at some point. And Satan is, as you said, the most powerful of the Kings of Hell. And going by normal Battle Shonen logic, each subsequent enemy has to be more powerful than the last. Once Rin has defeated Satan, he'd be strong enough that the other kings wouldn't be much of a match for him anymore.
Old 2021-04-12, 21:49   Link #275
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Now that you mention it, it's indeed possible for Mephisto end up as an enemy later on down the road. He's suspicious in some areas. And Lucifer could be the final boss too. Good points here.

But this is a Battle Shonen. Rin would probably have to defeat his father at some point. And Satan is, as you said, the most powerful of the Kings of Hell. And going by normal Battle Shonen logic, each subsequent enemy has to be more powerful than the last. Once Rin has defeated Satan, he'd be strong enough that the other kings wouldn't be much of a match for him anymore.
Knowing Kato, I think if Rin could defeat Satan, the story would focus on how Rin has to deal with all the power that he has just gained.

As for either Mephisto and Lucifer being the final boss, my money is on Lucifer. Mephisto seems like he has too much fun just observing and participating in everything going on in Assiah. If he really fight the protagonists, then it's probably for jokes or to teach them something.
Old 2021-04-13, 02:57   Link #276
shegzy85

Regardless of how interesting this manga is, there is one thing which I have always found frustrating in this manga and that is;

Isn't the Protagonist Rin too freaking weak? I mean he is supposed to be some kind of Demon God (maybe half?) but he just keeps been push around and beaten up here and there by everyone be it the Baal, the exorcists and his brother.
Really he finally got his power back and he went and sealed it up gain, got beaten up by Iblis, had his brother Yukio have no choice but to allow Satan's descent. Do we still need this guy who can't do anything as the protagonist? We might as well have Satan be the protagonist.

I'm sorry for all the ranting, but I guess it has pent up a lot to the extent it has gotten really frustrating and annoying to read this manga recently.
shegzy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-03, 03:01   Link #277
Random14

Huh, the final battle looks like its starting much faster than I expected, though there's still a lot of things to wrap up. Figures Mephisto would have a plan for this. That and Shiemi was training in accelerated time too.

I hope Rin recovers fast, he's got a lot more demons to punch.
Old 2021-05-07, 18:25   Link #278
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I think the Shemihaza in that group from their side is Shiemi. Given the accelerated training she just had, it's likely she's ready now and has already succeeded the Shemihaza name. Though I'm also wondering if we really won't even see the Shiemi vs. Mammon fight if that's the case.

@shegzy85: I think the reason Rin still seems weak is because he's still not good at using his powers, and also because if he used them then his other persona would take over (the one that tried to murder Yukio in their fight earlier).

And I really don't think Rin's demon heart being outside when he uses his full power is a good thing. Once he masters the power, his demon heart will probably go back inside.
Old 2021-05-07, 22:06   Link #279
Ligerleon89

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
I think the Shemihaza in that group from their side is Shiemi. Given the accelerated training she just had, it's likely she's ready now and has already succeeded the Shemihaza name. Though I'm also wondering if we really won't even see the Shiemi vs. Mammon fight if that's the case.

@shegzy85: I think the reason Rin still seems weak is because he's still not good at using his powers, and also because if he used them then his other persona would take over (the one that tried to murder Yukio in their fight earlier).

And I really don't think Rin's demon heart being outside when he uses his full power is a good thing. Once he masters the power, his demon heart will probably go back inside.
I figured similar. Rin needs to better overcome his darker self before wielding such powers he has. He could hardly get his mentality in check when he witnessed his parents' past and then his darker self tried to take advantage when Rin faltered and started to blame himself for what happened. He's going have to get himself all sorted out before he tries again.
Ligerleon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-08, 00:38   Link #280
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

I think he's getting there now.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote