AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-12-06, 20:05   Link #181
Lost Cause

Y'all are talking about The gal who's sister got bit? Actually I like her! She's got a lot of spunk and tennacity! And she isn't afraid to use the little 9mm of hers either! Although her wanting to "check out" was a little abrupt, I understand how the loss of a loved one can tear a person up but this was a bit extreme!
You know who I can't stand, Rick's "wife". Now there's a person I can't wait to see get hers!
So any speculations as to where our intrepid group well wind up next?

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 20:09   Link #182
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Y'all are talking about The gal who's sister got bit? Actually I like her! She's got a lot of spunk and tennacity! And she isn't afraid to use the little 9mm of hers either! Although her wanting to "check out" was a little abrupt, I understand how the loss of a loved one can tear a person up but this was a bit extreme!
You know who I can't stand, Rick's "wife". Now there's a person I can't wait to see get hers!
So any speculations as to where our intrepid group well wind up next?
yea, her too.. shes gonna end up making Jack and his friend kill each other...
Old 2010-12-06, 20:15   Link #183
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
you really gonna get all serious about this? I hate her ok? my opinion... mine.
You don't like her, fine. But it seems silly to start hating someone because of just pointing a gun at someone since most of the characters have done it. Or at least your post implies it.

Quote:
yea, her too.. shes gonna end up making Jack and his friend kill each other...
No quite
Old 2010-12-06, 20:31   Link #184
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Shee put the gun up to him yellin its his fault that their dead.without thinking "how would he know we were here."
Last episode proved it. She's emotionaly challenged.
Old 2010-12-06, 20:38   Link #185
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Shee put the gun up to him yellin its his fault that their dead.without thinking "how would he know we were here."
There's no denying that his shots attracted more walkers, which did increase their chances of dying.

Quote:
Last episode proved it. She's emotionaly challenged.
Everyone in this series is emotionally challenged and if they follow the comics everyone will show how challenged they are in different way.
Old 2010-12-06, 20:41   Link #186
Lost Cause

No she was still mourning the loss of her sister! That and the fact that oblivion is just outside can play hell on us emotional types. But the older guy snapped her out of it and she's back with the fold.

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Old 2010-12-06, 21:01   Link #187
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

oh God what EVER. I wont hate her so much ok!? happy now. just drop the damn subject.
Old 2010-12-06, 21:26   Link #188
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I guess I was the only one who liked the Fishing Scene .
Actually, I thought that was a pretty decent scene.

The problem I have with it is that it wasn't enough to make Amy (the dead girl) into a character. That wouldn't be bad in itself, but unfortunately, the writers seemed to think it was enough to make her into somebody, and that after that scene I'd care if she died.

At best, though, it made her an anecdote. I don't care if an anecdote dies. It's more likely to make me laugh. And it did.
Neat Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 21:55   Link #189
Lost Cause

Quote:
oh God what EVER. I wont hate her so much ok!? happy now. just drop the damn subject.
Now, now Kyero we're not dissing your opinion we're just debateing the point with you that's all! If you don't like her that's ok, ok?
I'm sure as the show progresses we might change our minds about certain characters as well.

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Old 2010-12-06, 22:11   Link #190
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neat Hedgehog View Post
Actually, I thought that was a pretty decent scene.

The problem I have with it is that it wasn't enough to make Amy (the dead girl) into a character. That wouldn't be bad in itself, but unfortunately, the writers seemed to think it was enough to make her into somebody, and that after that scene I'd care if she died.

At best, though, it made her an anecdote. I don't care if an anecdote dies. It's more likely to make me laugh. And it did.
I agree it did not actually fleash out Amy, but it did help to flesh out Andrea, along with the other talks during the episode and others.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 23:18   Link #191
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Now, now Kyero we're not dissing your opinion we're just debateing the point with you that's all! If you don't like her that's ok, ok?
I'm sure as the show progresses we might change our minds about certain characters as well.
I thought the redneck brother was a loser at the start, but he's quickly turning into just a Franses from L4D.
Old 2010-12-07, 22:51   Link #192
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Send a message via AIM to thevil1
Is episode 6 really the end of the first season?
I heard that there's gonna be a second season. Anyone know when that's supposed to premier?
Old 2010-12-08, 00:07   Link #193
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevil1 View Post
Is episode 6 really the end of the first season?
I heard that there's gonna be a second season. Anyone know when that's supposed to premier?
Next fall?
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 00:35   Link #194
james0246

The new season comes out next October.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 00:48   Link #195
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

they should head north. its common knowledge that zombies don't do cold well... haha. season 2 is also 13 or something eps. wonderful news.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 07:25   Link #196
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Overall impression? It could have been better, while deviations from the source are not always bad (otherwise a by-the-letter adaptation could lead to a soulless (imo) adaptation like Sin City), it should have been handled better, I am not even blaming the actors who played the characters as they could. Perhaps, it is the pacing, perhaps it is the writing, but at times something felt off. It's a good series, it just could have been better and I can only hope that the second season improve and learn from the first season's mistakes.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 11:32   Link #197
Ending

Spoiler:
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 11:57   Link #198
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ending View Post
Spoiler:
they went back mostly for the guns.
Old 2010-12-08, 15:06   Link #199
Shikabane_Hime
108 Shikabane to destroy

Personally I thought it was pretty good all things considered. There were some parts that we could do without, such as the sex scene in the woods between Rick's wife and Shane. As for the four wanting to die, while it was anticlimactic it did make sense. Should something like that really happen there would be a mass of suicides. Some people are up for zombies and some aren't. I wouldn't call it being a coward, because the sudden arrival of the walking dead would be a huge shock and not everyone is strong enough (Physically, mentally, or emotionally) to handle such a thing. That reminds me, I'm not very fond of Shane. The way he handles everything is a little too... I'm not sure how to describe it. Something about the character in general just does not sit well with me. In any case, I can't wait to see the next season. It's a shame they kept it so short.
Old 2010-12-08, 15:12   Link #200
Asuras
Dictadere~!

In all my life I've never seen or heard of a more shorter 'season'. So, this shortness -you could say- is even more surprising to me than you.

Does anyone have any idea of when the next series starts?

Yo Shikbane, what's that in your siggy?

Tags
zombie apocalypse, zombies