AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 16 26.23%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 34.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 22.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 13.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.64%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.64%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-07, 15:09   Link #21
Irenesharda

An interesting episode that had quite a dark turn to it with the sports chair and his resolve to not lose. Him having his eyes sewn shut was quite disturbing.

However, is it just me, or did they also just reveal his fatal flaw at the end? It's always the same, with characters like him, or like Bane, who get enhanced astronomically through artificial means. It's such an easy flaw to exploit when you think about it: You give them too much of a good/bad thing.

For someone like Sanageyama, who is so sensitive to the world around him, the key way of defeating him now is to over-sensitize him. Bombard his sensory organs with so much sensation, so much emotion, that his body and mind will no longer be able to take it, will not be able to comprehend it all at once. It will eventually destroy him.

However, Matoi nicely did learn the same lesson that Sanageyama sort of learned: not to lean on only one skill, as it will eventually be your downfall. She should really go and talk with Nudist Beach and learn from them, as the fatal flaw of that school is easily their total dependence on their uniforms. If you can exploit that weakness without falling to it yourself, you've won.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-11-07, 15:18   Link #22
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I think it was the most serious episode so far.
Old 2013-11-07, 15:18   Link #23
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Goddamn Sanegayama. Quite a grim turn of events at the end since he'll never be the same.

I felt sorry for Ryuuko just as much. She has her own resolve, as well.
Old 2013-11-07, 15:23   Link #24
erika4dsl

So now that he's blind his other senses have heightened, does this mean that he finally sees how messed up the situation is at that school?

Now that he's blind he can finally see. The irony is truly beautiful.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Elite Four, one by one, starts allying themselves to Ryuko.

Also I think that whole thing about him sneaking up behind her and in the end he's the one in front of her symbolizes or foreshadows a revolution or evolution. Maybe I'm over thinking this but to me it's like he finally realized or will fully realize that she's not above him.

Last edited by erika4dsl; 2013-11-07 at 15:56.
Old 2013-11-07, 15:42   Link #25
HandofFate

damn, crazy episode.
It felt like an hour long, in a good way. Felt like an entire arc by itself with Sanageyama as the center.

The last line by him was so badass too. He looked very Star Driver-ish with the facemask now.
Old 2013-11-07, 16:35   Link #26
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by erika4dsl View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the Elite Four, one by one, starts allying themselves to Ryuko.
Ryuko's goal: Ryuko wants information from Satsuki
Ryuko's offer: Give Ryuko what she wants or she beats you
Ryuko's method: As long as Ryuko get what she wants, she has no problem to play dirty

So why would Elite 4 want to team up with Ryuko? Being the protagonist is Ryuko's only good quality. At least for now, Ryuko is pretty much a mad dog who barks and bites in order to steal a bone.
Old 2013-11-07, 17:07   Link #27
Candyshark

Once she finds out who killed her father she may require few hommies to defeat the enemy.

Plus we saw that Satsuki isn't as obidient to her mother. Who knows maybe she is planning the revolution and for that she needs good army and resolved and loyal people around her. I still keep to idea that Satsuki is keeping a pokerface.
Old 2013-11-07, 17:10   Link #28
erika4dsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Ryuko's goal: Ryuko wants information from Satsuki
Ryuko's offer: Give Ryuko what she wants or she beats you
Ryuko's method: As long as Ryuko get what she wants, she has no problem to play dirty

So why would Elite 4 want to team up with Ryuko? Being the protagonist is Ryuko's only good quality. At least for now, Ryuko is pretty much a mad dog who barks and bites in order to steal a bone.
I don't know maybe Ryuko decides to start a revolution or something and the Elite 4 decides to change sides. Or it could go the opposite way with Ryuko allying herself with the Elite 4 and Satsuki if it ends up that Satsuki is actually plotting a rebellion against her mother and the people who are above her. It's all speculation really.
Old 2013-11-07, 20:21   Link #29
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
Once she finds out who killed her father she may require few hommies to defeat the enemy.

Plus we saw that Satsuki isn't as obidient to her mother. Who knows maybe she is planning the revolution and for that she needs good army and resolved and loyal people around her. I still keep to idea that Satsuki is keeping a pokerface.
Her use of a Kamui proves it.
Old 2013-11-07, 21:08   Link #30
Kirarakim

An episode with so much Nobuyuki Hiyama is definitely a good thing in my book.

Kind of annoyed that the woman's battle outfit covers them less but the male battle outfit covers them up more though.
Old 2013-11-07, 21:08   Link #31
whitecloud

Mako pointing out....the size of his....you know...(its small isnt it?)

Old 2013-11-07, 21:22   Link #32
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Badass: can wear the Kamui.
Beyond badass/GAR: surpassed the power levels of his own uniform.
Old 2013-11-07, 22:02   Link #33
Allium
Keep on keeping on

I felt that this episode was darker than usual, especially after Sanageyama's defeat. He surrendered his sight in order to free himself from being too dependent on it and as a result became all-powerful, but at the end he was back to square one. His heightened sensitivity was so powerful to the extent that he can't do ordinary things anymore, i.e. drinking tea. Eventually, that ability itself might cause his downfall.

I have always found the 'Ryuuko-as-villain' interpretation interesting, but for now I think it's a bit early to tell. Next episode seems to centre around Mako. Wonder what it'll be about.
Old 2013-11-07, 22:18   Link #34
Jerseykid

I want someone to give Ryuko a real kiss
Old 2013-11-07, 22:28   Link #35
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post

Maybe it hasn't ascended to B level yet. I don't think Ryuuko is his type for it to ignite.
Old 2013-11-07, 22:28   Link #36
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Maybe this is a ridiculous thing to say, but this episode really got me hyped for the eventual Ryuko Matoi vs Ira Gamagoori and Nonon Jakuzure fights. Cant wait to see what they're transformed uniforms look like.

Also, I loved how Uzu's Transformation looked like a kendo uniform.
Old 2013-11-07, 22:54   Link #37
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

This was another one of those episodes that really leave you in a state of shock by the time you are done with it. From the minute the beautiful samurai flick refrence flashback came on all the way to the end when he reflects on not even being able to claim that tea he wanted to have with Satsuki it really proved that this show was not holding back. Before this episode I thought he was just boring, but I don't think there was a charachter who didn't come out of this episode much stronger for it.

I wrote an analysis about the meaning of some of the events of the episode here. The fact that as amateratsu4 said, this was the most serious episode of the series thusfar helps define it as the one that ties things most back to the begining of the series and the hitler comparison. All in all, the best episode in a good week.
Old 2013-11-07, 23:16   Link #38
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
The part that disturbs me is that I had to go back and check because I didn't notice the red arrow the first time and upon review I see that the animators put the arrow in and it wasn't an addition for the .gif.
Old 2013-11-08, 02:20   Link #39
Destined_Fate

Ryuko sure took a beating in both fights with the second one being extremely brutal. Glad she didn't let it get to her and it only strengthened her resolved.

I nearly died when Sensei started sexually harassing her with his glowing nipples or whenever he said "Nudist Beach" which confused the heck out of Ryuko.

Funny how the kid used pictures of a sleeping Ryuko to get information. Seems like she's very popular with a certain crowd, huh?
Old 2013-11-08, 03:25   Link #40
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Ryuuto is great and all, but I'm not gonna lie.

As a man, I had to root for Uzu after seeing his resolve and as a result, it was a curb stomp victory and a lesson.

Plus, you can't beat Guy Shishiou in GAR mode! DAT BRAVE influenced TTGL.

This is good for Matoi.

It keeps her humble/hungry and builds more for her character to lose instead of constantly winning like most leads often do in other series. I don't remember the last time I've seen a main character run away so much. I like it.

I can't wait to see what the other 3 can do especially the big guy.

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2013-11-08 at 03:40.
Closed Thread