AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-05-10, 18:31   Link #581
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I like to imagine Puck finding the very concept of "loyalty", hilarious. Maybe he works for both sides because he sees nothing wrong with that idea.

Then again... The Killtgang was given a large amount of autonomy and freedom to do what ever they want, due to Puck's direct advice. So in retrospect this could be evidence that Puck is serving the mecha-people over the fleshbags. After all, machines should stick together.
Yeah, the gear thing looks like a super hacking tool. So maybe they just reprogrammed it to be loyal to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
"Puck doesn't lie." Perhaps the least believable line I've ever heard.
That does sound like the kind of line that should prompt anyone to pull the plug on the AI immediately, no questions asked.

I've been thinking about the uncle's question about whether Daichi was being put in danger. Isn't the answer "no"? I mean, if he stays there and pilot, things may look grim, but not nearly as much as if he doesn't. Staying home isn't going to save him from the planet devouring aliens. So really, it's a case of 1% of chances of survival being a lot better than 0.000001%.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-10, 19:05   Link #582
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
At least now the overall situation within Globe is getting fairly clear. You have two competing philosophies on how to deal with the alien threat, and Globe is fine with either one. Which, in execution, probably means that Globe will let the Intercept Faction try their best until they feel there's no realistic hope of holding back the aliens, and then it's time to flee Earth.

The thing with this internal division within Globe is that you have hardcores on each side who are pulling strings to try to maneuver things closer to their preference of the two plans (intercept or flee). So now I can understand why you have a "The Left Hand doesn't know what the Right Hand is doing" sort of situation, since this internal philosophical division means that not everybody is completely on the same page.

I really enjoyed Episode 6 since the plot nicely thickens with this episode, and some loose ends are tied up. After very minimal mecha action in Episode 4 through 6, I'm looking forward to getting back to that next week.
Old 2014-05-10, 19:17   Link #583
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
At least now the overall situation within Globe is getting fairly clear. You have two competing philosophies on how to deal with the alien threat, and Globe is fine with either one. Which, in execution, probably means that Globe will let the Intercept Faction try their best until they feel there's no realistic hope of holding back the aliens, and then it's time to flee Earth.

The thing with this internal division within Globe is that you have hardcores on each side who are pulling strings to try to maneuver things closer to their preference of the two plans (intercept or flee). So now I can understand why you have a "The Left Hand doesn't know what the Right Hand is doing" sort of situation, since this internal philosophical division means that not everybody is completely on the same page.

I really enjoyed Episode 6 since the plot nicely thickens with this episode, and some loose ends are tied up. After very minimal mecha action in Episode 4 through 6, I'm looking forward to getting back to that next week.
However it feels like only Akari's father really knows just how hopeless the situation really is? I mean, it seems like the Kiltgang landing is pretty much instantaneous death for most of the world. This episode they said the Kivotos plan isn't ready yet, but there were already 2 Kiltgang attacks that would have succeeded in ending the world had Daichi not shown up.

I'm guessing MacBeth is feeding Globe false information regarding just how devastating the Kiltgang are so he can manipulate the time tables to his advantage, yet not knowing himself that he's being fed false timetables by Puck.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-10, 19:45   Link #584
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
However it feels like only Akari's father really knows just how hopeless the situation really is? I mean, it seems like the Kiltgang landing is pretty much instantaneous death for most of the world. This episode they said the Kivotos plan isn't ready yet, but there were already 2 Kiltgang attacks that would have succeeded in ending the world had Daichi not shown up.

I'm guessing MacBeth is feeding Globe false information regarding just how devastating the Kiltgang are so he can manipulate the time tables to his advantage, yet not knowing himself that he's being fed false timetables by Puck.
You could be right.

In which case, I'm not sure how I feel about what Akari's father is doing here. The stakes here are absolutely massive, and I don't know if one man alone should be keeping critical information to himself (and a few who share his preferred position) given those stakes.
Old 2014-05-10, 21:47   Link #585
Destined_Fate

This is pretty hard to get into... The main girl seems to be a walking trope.

Still in early episodes. Does it get better?
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-10, 22:15   Link #586
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post

Hummmm
Ooooo, I wonder when those two will get to pilot their own mechs.

Seriously, when are they getting mechs?
Old 2014-05-11, 05:51   Link #587
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
You could be right.

In which case, I'm not sure how I feel about what Akari's father is doing here. The stakes here are absolutely massive, and I don't know if one man alone should be keeping critical information to himself (and a few who share his preferred position) given those stakes.
Considering how the other side's been acting?
Old 2014-05-11, 06:04   Link #588
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Considering how the other side's been acting?
Other than that one Salty Dog guy, is Akari's dad even aware of that?
Old 2014-05-11, 06:11   Link #589
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

He's got to know Salty Dog Guy isn't acting alone.
Old 2014-05-11, 07:09   Link #590
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Other than that one Salty Dog guy, is Akari's dad even aware of that?
He was aware enough that Teppei's dad was targeted by the Ark faction and the other side provided the KilTgang their mobile weapons.

It isn't a question of awareness the Salty Dog guy being antagonistic to the kids is evidence of that but whether he has the guts to do what has to be done.

If I was in his position I reveal everything to the world fraking over those collaborators and the rest of the world would side with me in defending the planet.

Cause really handing over Hana to the Kiltgang is a stupid idea as you'll lose all leverage against them.

The Kivotos plan went from being backup plan just in case Earth was destroyed to ensuring it is destroyed so that a few can create their Social Darwinist society. Kube has a god complex which is why he has his own plan to replace Kivotos.

As for Puck I have a nasty feeling Puck is only loyal to himself. He doesn't need Orgone energy nor does he have it. If betraying Kiltgang would ensure his existence he would do it.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 07:12   Link #591
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
He's got to know Salty Dog Guy isn't acting alone.
Yeah, I agree what you said. I mean, it's impossible to have a handgun after a secret cup-phone conversation.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 07:24   Link #592
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode shed a lot of light on the situation. The CEO of Macbeth seems like a complete idiot. He thinks he's this big shot that's going to rule the new world, but the truth is he's merely a puppet in the hands of the Planetary Gears and Puck. Daichi and Teppei really are humanity's last hope, it would seem.
Old 2014-05-11, 07:58   Link #593
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This episode shed a lot of light on the situation. The CEO of Macbeth seems like a complete idiot.
Who the hell isn't in this show? I'm done with this series. Neither the characters, nor the creators are doing anything to keep me hooked. I'll just wait for the OSTs to be out by next Feb.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 19:16   Link #594
Triple_R
*Author

Here's a image link to a little mash-up vid I made. I hope people get a laugh out of it.

By your powers combined...

Old 2014-05-11, 19:33   Link #595
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Assault of the Planetary Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
So this episode gave us enough information to piece together the political situation more or less:

Globe: The united federation of the Earth's space defense forces. It probably contains all the leaders of the major powers. They are in charge of the Kivotos plan as well as the Impacter plan.

Salty Dog: Seems to be some kind of internal oversight agency for Globe. Most likely completely in the Ark Faction. They're the ones that wanted Teppei's dad's DNA information. May or may not be working with MacBeth Corporation.

Ark Faction: It looks like the Ark Faction consists of Salty Dog, MacBeth Corporation, and a huge number of Globe higher ups. Salty Dog and MacBeth seem to be the 'extremists' of the branch. It's likely that MacBeth has separate agendas from Salty Dog, as they would already have Teppei's DNA information and thus would have no need for his dad's DNA.

Intercept Faction: Really seems to be just the Earth Impacter base and Akari's mom's space station at this point.

MacBeth Corporation: Probably officially part of the Ark Faction. They were raided by the Intercept faction before but are operating perfectly fine now, so there has to be a higher power keeping the Intercept Faction from bombing their HQ to rubble. May or may not be working with Salty dog. I'm guessing that the CEO built Puck, and Puck made contact with the Kilt-gang and gave his allegiance to them. The Kiltgang gave Puck the information to build their human bodies which Puck suggested to the CEO, as well as 'selected' information regarding the Kiltgang. Hence why the CEO built the human bodies for Teppei and co without knowing about their true identities. Puck has been feeding the CEO a false projection, probably giving him a wrong timeline of the invasion. Otherwise there's no way he'd still be on Earth if he knew what would really happen once a Kilt-gang makes landfall. The CEO probably wants to co-opt the Kivotos plan in order to become the ruler of the new Earth.

There are still some inconsistencies left that are kind of dangling. So it seems the CEO has no idea that designer children are housing Kilt-gangs, yet Akari's father and his group already knew about it. They also think the Ark faction suspect Teppei of being a Kilt-gang. However, if MacBeth built Teppei in the first place how could they not know while Globe, or at least parts of Globe know about it. Then there's the fact that the CEO doesn't even realize his own designer children are operating the Kilt-gang projection devices inside his own company.

Unless of course he totally does know and is pretending not to know, in order to trick Puck or Puck really is on his side and is pretending to be a tool for the Kiltgang. Or maybe Puck is playing both sides and wants the humans and Kiltgang to kill each other so he can start the robot revolution. Actually, I do hope that's the case. That'd be pretty awesome to have have Puck unleash his Skynet army on Earth while Daichi and co and locked in a heated battle with the Kiltgang in space.

Some other comments regarding the episode:
-Seems like the phone cup can teleport items too, pretty nifty.
-The Salty Dog guy is so petty. He just had to wait until Daichi came running so he can gloat at Daichi about kidnapping Hana, when he could have just kidnapped Hana and got away already.
-Salty Dog guy mocks Daichi for not being able to kill a human and thus can't protect anyone, but he doesn't kill Daichi either.
-Salty Dog guy forgets that Boomrangs always come back.
-Livlaster is a container for orgone energy that the Kiltgang suck instead of Daichi. So how exactly did they expect Teppei (before they knew he was a Kilt-gang) to fly the Earth Impacter? Could he use Hana's Livlaster? I thought only the owner could use Livlaster. Or maybe designer children are supposed to be immune to Kilt-gang's libido drain?
-Hana has a Livlaster because she's a Kiltgang ship, so what is Daichi?
I do mean well and thanks for the glossary that you posted.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 21:56   Link #596
Magewolf

I am calling it now, Puck is playing a deep game manipulating all sides to get a everyone lives ending so that he can have more people to matchmake. The last episode will have Teppei's father and Akari's mother , the commander and his assistant , Kube and his secretary , and Amara and Moco all getting married.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-13, 14:16   Link #597
tempaccount
Disabled By Request

OP single cover

From short manga pages by Minato Fumi, red haired guy is Zin. Nice dresses and suit.
tempaccount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 14:38   Link #598
EroKing

Episode 7

NSFW
Moco gif
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

NSFW
Moco stitch
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-05-17, 15:51   Link #599
ReddyRedWolf

Well that is interesting. Destroying the Kiltgang's ego block renders them mortal.

Teppei got chosen by a Livlaster.

I don't know why everybody calls Pitz a squirrel, is there a cyan colored squirrel in the first place. My guess Pitz is really a Livelaster.

Daichi, Hana and Teppei all have Livlasters, Akari will probably be chosen as well.

I see the Kiltgang being similar to Macross 7's Protodevlin that drains life of species they encounter. They've encountered Livlasters before with their chosen Neoteny that produces an infinite amount of Orgone energy. None of them can fire a Livlaster as they are not chosen so they created Hana. Hana left them towards Earth as she was summoned there.

The reason it seems Kiltgang was never chosen by Livlasters until Teppei aka Albion destroyed his Ego block was that they cling to much to immortality and don't care if they destroy worlds in their gluttony.

Neoteny with the Livlasters are similar to M7's Anima Spiritia such as Basara that they have a means of producing an infinite source of energy needed by Space Vampires. The only thing preventing Kiltgang from producing an infinite amount of Orgone energy on their own is their attitudes.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 16:29   Link #600
ChampDream
Alive

That was a good episode, it was interesting that after destroying his ego block, teppei got his livlaster.

Tags
action