2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-10-15, 05:18   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Fate/Apocrypha - Episode 15 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Fate/Apocrypha, Episode 15.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-16, 00:38   Link #2
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Apocrypha XV. Differing Paths

Seen the episode. Got to need to watch it a few more times to comprehend more on Shirous' motivations to bring mankind's salvation through the Grail, though.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-16, 09:20   Link #3
John117xCortana

From what I read about Ruler and her host....perhaps both of them are developing feelings for Sieg?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-16, 13:02   Link #4
IceHism

Wow Jeanne is really cute. Astolfo is as well but the Jeanne kabedon and the way she looks at sieg is lol.

Sisigo and Moedred are also fantastic. I think it needs to focus more of them. When they are on screen, things tend to happen but it slows down to a crawl when Jeanne/sieg are on screen.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-16, 16:57   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Given how much Jeanne insisted Sieg doesn't use his third seal, you just know he will.

Achilles and Atalanta got on board with Shirou's plan. I guess that means it isn't as bad as we were led to think. Or maybe they're just pretending to go along with it until they find the right time to turn against him.

Sisigo's past was pretty sad. It was good he shared that with Mordred, as it allowed them to grow closer. So far they're still by far the best Master/Servant pair.
Old 2017-10-16, 19:09   Link #6
ReddyRedWolf

Why does Shaekespear help Shirou? Cause it is fun!

Yeah Gordes is pathetic but is also tsundere. All he wanted was a typical grail war. 16 servants this isn't a typical grail war to begin with!

Jeane and Letecia may both have the hots for Sieg.

All Sisigo wants is to have a child to pass down his crest. An heir. While Mordred wants her inheritance. Not to mention be acknowledge by "daddy".
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-17, 08:55   Link #7
Twi

Review and Recap. I like how Kairi’s backstory shows why he’s the way he is. He takes things easy because he’s already lost everything, but he has a chance to at least correct it with the Grail. It also explains why he has such a good relationship with Mordred, who could never get the fatherly attention of Arthur yet receives it with him.

I kind of want them to win.
Old 2017-10-17, 11:08   Link #8
HandofFate

lol @ "Do not use the last command spell no matter what"
That only makes fate protags want to use it more.

So what do mage houses that keep a pet or animal in the house use them for? Was the dog just used as a core for something?
Old 2017-10-17, 11:26   Link #9
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post

So what do mage houses that keep a pet or animal in the house use them for? Was the dog just used as a core for something?
A demonstration of a technique done improperly or some such.
Old 2017-10-18, 05:54   Link #10
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post

Blood rituals.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-18, 16:12   Link #11
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

From what I understand, magi are rather abnormal and their moralities are usually all over the place, but generally quite unlike that of the average muggle. Most of them would probably look at a domesticated animal and think "what could I use this for?".

That's how it works, right?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-18, 18:32   Link #12
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
From what I understand, magi are rather abnormal and their moralities are usually all over the place, but generally quite unlike that of the average muggle. Most of them would probably look at a domesticated animal and think "what could I use this for?".

No one's born a dick, but children of mages grow up indoctrinated with values that differ from the average joe. They're taught to prioritize bloodline in order to give birth to capable heirs and pass down the family crest to those heirs, all in pursuit the root. When they're children, they're victims of an obsession and by the time they're adults, they're perpetrators of the same crime.
Old 2017-10-20, 01:17   Link #13
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

Whereas we look at most domesticated animals and don't need to think about it - food. We use them for food. And textiles.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-20, 04:58   Link #14
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

And emotional attachment in lieu of (or in addition to) children.
Old 2017-10-20, 05:24   Link #15
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

That's a minority case. There are, what, a few hundred million pets in the US? They kill eight billion chicken each year. Not to mention all the cows, pigs, turkeys...

I'm not saying it's wrong. I'm definitely not a vegetarian. I'm saying that claiming magi are different because of the way they treat domesticated animals is either oblivious or hypocritical. The truth is that if it was a cost effective way to power our cars or heat our homes, we would blood sacrifice the hell out of animals. That would require no change to our morality.

But maybe not our children's pets. Because that would be cruel to the children.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2017-10-20 at 10:33.
Old 2017-10-20, 10:26   Link #16
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

15 episodes in and my main source of fun is still Go Lion and Mordy . I also like this episode where the show actually paused all the tired 'splosions to give more character to its...well...characters . That said, I don't really give a shit about Tokisada's party aside from a little bit of curiosity. Right now, Toki's party is a compilation of cardboard characters compared to the Ygg-coalition. Heck, even fatty Gordy got a character development or something akin to that. Let's hope Toki is a better-written character and has a better-written plan than that Darnic guy.
Old 2017-10-21, 09:47   Link #17
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That's a minority case. There are, what, a few hundred million pets in the US? They kill eight billion chicken each year. Not to mention all the cows, pigs, turkeys...

I'm not saying it's wrong. I'm definitely not a vegetarian. I'm saying that claiming magi are different because of the way they treat domesticated animals is either oblivious or hypocritical. The truth is that if it was a cost effective way to power our cars or heat our homes, we would blood sacrifice the hell out of animals. That would require no change to our morality.

But maybe not our children's pets. Because that would be cruel to the children.
I'd argue that it's an error to compare a dog to a chicken. They occupy wildly different spaces in our society.
Old 2017-10-21, 10:11   Link #18
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's cultural. Some people keep chicken as pets, some people eat dogs. And in "our" societies, some dogs are lab animals.

Again - there may be differences in morality between the average mage and the average muggle. But our treatment of animals isn't it.

And hey, it's easy for us to say "No, I won't sacrifice countless innocent human lives in a mad bid to raise an undead army and conquer the world" or whatever the hell mages get up to, because to us it's a completely unrealistic scenario. There's no temptation.
Old 2017-10-21, 10:54   Link #19
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:

They are Mad Scientists.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-22, 09:08   Link #20
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's cultural. Some people keep chicken as pets, some people eat dogs. And in "our" societies, some dogs are lab animals.

Again - there may be differences in morality between the average mage and the average muggle. But our treatment of animals isn't it.

And hey, it's easy for us to say "No, I won't sacrifice countless innocent human lives in a mad bid to raise an undead army and conquer the world" or whatever the hell mages get up to, because to us it's a completely unrealistic scenario. There's no temptation.
And clearly, a european girl tends to keep cute dogs as a pet, as was her intent... So I'm not sure what it is you're trying to say.