Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-29, 06:45   Link #1621
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
I love it. Every time I watch one of this shows OPs and EDs (I love all of them), I realze what a great anime Xam'd is. Time for a rewatch, probably?
Old 2009-07-29, 12:57   Link #1622
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Very nice animation, indeed.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 02:24   Link #1623
cloudstrife13

Can somebody point me to the new soundtrack by kylee that includes the new songs?
cloudstrife13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 06:05   Link #1624
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudstrife13 View Post
Can somebody point me to the new soundtrack by kylee that includes the new songs?
sharing links to the soundtrack is not allowed =)
but I can tell you that there aren't any yet
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 12:06   Link #1625
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Listening to the soundtrack as i type, and it truly is a masterpiece. Easily Michiru Oshima's best work.

There's 60 tracks in total, and so far i've come across a lot of pieces i wanted to find, which is a very good sign.
Old 2009-08-02, 13:28   Link #1626
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
60 tracks of godly entertainment, the wait is finally over and it really makes the 6 month wait for this soundtrack worth it
to me this is the best OST this year lol
the only bad thing I can think off is that it is such a slap in the face, I would've liked it better if they released 2 separate soundtracks than everything on one, the music is awesome but its too much to swallow if you catch my drift: you listen to several songs time after time and forget the other, for me I listen to soundtracks right before sleeping in a discman in bed, I tend to fall asleep after the first CD I hardly ever make it to the last tracks or wake up near the end lol

but anyway listening to it makes me feel like I'm watching FMA all over again haha

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2009-08-03 at 13:40.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 19:53   Link #1627
Lawfer

Is this serie ever going to be dubbed in english?
Lawfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 21:25   Link #1628
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawfer View Post
Is this serie ever going to be dubbed in english?
The best place to find that out is here: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=9747.
Old 2009-08-11, 04:18   Link #1629
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Ah, it had potencial for greatness but lost it after the first half. Too slow and too confusing in the end.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 19:12   Link #1630
qwertyuiopz

1st ep is really good, like it came from a movie
however...would it kill them to explain ? im now on ep4 and i have no idea wtf is going on
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 21:34   Link #1631
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuiopz View Post
1st ep is really good, like it came from a movie
however...would it kill them to explain ? im now on ep4 and i have no idea wtf is going on
Yeah, I was really impressed with the animation of the first episode. It was awesome. Also, you will get answers and more questions and more answers and so on. Just keep watching. Its my opinion that some of it is left for the viewer figure out on his or her own, so yeah.
Old 2009-08-15, 17:40   Link #1632
metamorphic
ことわり
*Fansubber

Just had a listen to the soundtrack yesterday, and I'd have to agree with everyone else: it truly is one of the best and most awe-inspiring scores ever. Oshima Michiru's outdone herself with a wonderfully authentic reprisal of the whole series and each of its core values; it really feels like you're being transplanted straight into the Xam'd universe. Simply put, it's splendid. My pick of the pieces would have to be the magnificent Taidō no Tobira ga Hiraku (胎動の扉が開く) and each rendition of the Xam'd theme, with both the vocalized (堕夢人のテーマ~現に一添えの想い~) and instrumental versions able to entice a sort of poetic emotion that profoundly touches your heart and soul. All in all, Aniplex's provided a wonderful companion to its excellent Bluray release.
metamorphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 18:43   Link #1633
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Yeah, I was really impressed with the animation of the first episode. It was awesome. Also, you will get answers and more questions and more answers and so on. Just keep watching. Its my opinion that some of it is left for the viewer figure out on his or her own, so yeah.
Yeah, the first episode was one of my favorite all time first episodes from BONES. Really great first episode imo. Too bad the story really dragged and didn't unfold untill the last 2 episodes or so.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 04:09   Link #1634
radioIzzy
stuck in a harem genre
*Artist

Was anyone else kind of lost in the series?

I kind of get what happened, yet I don't really. They bounced so many terms around and they never really gave a good explanation for what these terms mean; only inferring. Like Hiroku, Humanform, anti-human form, Hiruken emperor.
If anyone can explain to me at least the basics that'd be awesome.

However, I really enjoyed the animation quality, definately movie-quality.
The Opening was amazing. Boom Boom Satellites are awesome.

The music was amazing. Definately finding room in my Zune to fit the soundtrack in.
All in all, I enjoyed the series, even though it was a confusing ride.
radioIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 07:36   Link #1635
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Watch it again. That would be the best advice I can give. I haven't yet but I can catch a lot the first time around. Somethings were just special words they used with little explanation, like synonyms to common words.
Old 2009-08-23, 01:03   Link #1636
qwertyuiopz

i just finished it and this has to be the most gloomiest animes i have seen yet
i felt pity for almost every character shown...yango the most since his crying really got me

im still confused about the whole thing but its stirred my emotions so much its almost as if i dont care about the plot
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 11:28   Link #1637
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuiopz View Post
im still confused about the whole thing but its stirred my emotions so much its almost as if i dont care about the plot
That's why I classify this as a character-driven series versus a plot-driven one. What matters was what happened to the characters, not the world.
Old 2009-09-26, 23:34   Link #1638
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, that was a fascinating read - 10 pages dissecting the final episode alone. Having just finished this series not ten minutes ago, I'm not sure where I stand with the ending - this is one of those finales I feel I need to watch at least twice. But on balance I'm not at all shocked by the largely negative response. I think the writers kind of refused to play ball with the audience where the ending was concerned - the plot was so convoluted and scattered that it never would have been possible to tie up the loose ends. So they didn't really try.

I also think there's two visceral traits in the anime community that worked against Xam'd here - a general propensity to expect endings to suck and a general dislike of happy endings, period. It didn't suck for me, on balance - I like happy endings if they're earned, first off. I'm not sure this was a happy ending - not if you're a Nakiami fan and as for Akiyuki, I think that was intentionally left to interpretation. But if it was happy, I do think it was earned. For me, the arc of the main characters was much more coherent and involving than the arc of the story. I think the writers brought Akiyuki, Nakiami and Haru to the place they did fairly naturally and believably, even if the plot itself didn't always follow suit. Even more, Akiyuki's parents and Yango had taut, gripping arcs that were handled beautifully. My one regret in this series is not seeing the reunion between Akiyuki and his mother. Her love for him and Yango's for Nakiami are the two most primal and heart-wrenching in the series. When Yango had to let her go in the end, his grief was hard to watch.

All in all, I enjoyed this a lot - I think it comes close to masterpiece status but falls just short due to the meandering of the plot. Visually stunning, beautiful soundtrack, and most importantly really indelible and believable characters. The ending may have rubbed people the wrong way but I was fine with it. And FTR, I choose to believe that was Akiyuki in the end - not the Emperor or Haru's imagination. Nakiami predicted he would find himself with the help of one who loved him, after all.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 17:31   Link #1639
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

^^^I agree with your statements for the most part, Enzo. I liked it a lot as well, but the plot was indeed meandering in some parts. It was like they could never quite reach the epicness of the scope they set out for themselves.
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 13:23   Link #1640
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Nice to think about this show again. I'm in general agreement with Guardian Enzo and MikaMiaka. It was a very good show that wandered a bit and didn't quite achieve what it set out to. The ending seemed fine to me, even though I was definitely a Nakiami fan. The screen just seemed to come alive for me when she was on it, with Sanpei Yuuko voicing her lines.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones