AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

View Poll Results: Spice and Wolf - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 44 44.90%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 27.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 18.37%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 4.08%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.02%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.02%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-09, 13:14   Link #121
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thentus View Post
Lawrence will previal though, eventually. Even if that means next season, please.
I'd much prefer it if Lawrence prevailed this season. I'd hate to leave him hanging in such despair while we wait for another season that has yet to be announced.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2008-03-09, 13:23   Link #122
Thentus

Location: Might as well waste five seconds of your life; Pennsylvania
Send a message via MSN to Thentus
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I'd much prefer it if Lawrence prevailed this season. I'd hate to leave him hanging in such despair while we wait for another season that has yet to be announced.
I would too, I was sort of kidding though.

Since it is slice-of-life I could see it going on for another season if it just gets the right type of response. Prevailation is inevitable in this anime, after all it is an anime . That is, unless somebody loses their mind halfway through writing it.
Old 2008-03-09, 15:33   Link #123
DanielSong39

I think this season will end with Lawrence getting out of the jam and continuing his journey to the north with Horo.

Not sure whether they'll make much of a profit out of this deal, but they will surely live to fight another day.

This has been a good show so far, and I'd be interested in seeing how Nora fits into the whole equation.
Old 2008-03-09, 15:58   Link #124
MyGoddess
Tessa-sama

Send a message via MSN to MyGoddess
Wow, what an episode. In the end it was pretty nicely explained why Lawrence didn't want to bring Horo with him. Horo must now feel really guilty for forcing Lawrence into bringing her along.

Things are looking pretty grim indeed...

9/10
Old 2008-03-09, 16:01   Link #125
Weissent
on and off member

One thing in ep 10 that really brightened my day was that the staff used some buildings from my hometown of Freiburg, Germany for backgrounds, e.g. the historic "Rathaus" (city-hall):

Here's a photo of it:

Old 2008-03-09, 21:29   Link #126
todkapuz
Seiza + Katana = Ai-daiyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by metronome View Post
now, the problem lies here:
I have evil plan, I want to make this guy that try to sell the pen for 1.2 USD to C suffers.
Why?
Because actually I want him to buy the pen for 2 USD, (I even used fake scale to cheat him, but anyway he found out).
But isn't it actually illegal to sell his contract of promise to pay me 1 USD to C?
Spoiler for babble of debt sales:

Anyhow... I loved this episode... Horo is really developing to be a very fascinating woman .. er wolf... er whatever.. ... I love her pride and caring is part of what is hurting our poor male lead. it will make it even more interesting to see how he deals with this all and his feelings about her.

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weissent View Post
One thing in ep 10 that really brightened my day was that the staff used some buildings from my hometown of Freiburg, Germany for backgrounds, e.g. the historic "Rathaus" (city-hall):

Here's a photo of it:
Yea! I always love when they use actual buildings and locations in anime... seems to be more and more popular too....
Old 2008-03-09, 21:34   Link #127
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
I think this season will end with Lawrence getting out of the jam and continuing his journey to the north with Horo.

Not sure whether they'll make much of a profit out of this deal, but they will surely live to fight another day.

This has been a good show so far, and I'd be interested in seeing how Nora fits into the whole equation.
I agree that's likely how they will finish it up. I wouldn't expect them to just leave the situation in limbo. Will probably find some way on this jam and continue the road North to new problems . Hard to say if they will find any way to make money or if it will just be keeping Lawrence out of the mines which is alright by me.

Also pretty interesting to see the real world counterpart of that anime building.
Old 2008-03-09, 23:30   Link #128
iczelion74
Lost Soul

I just cant make out what Horo keeps calling Lawrence in episode 10 and its driving me crazy. So what is she saying?
Old 2008-03-10, 00:09   Link #129
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by iczelion74 View Post
I just cant make out what Horo keeps calling Lawrence in episode 10 and its driving me crazy. So what is she saying?
Are you refering to "Nushi (主)" meaning master in literal form due to usage of Oiran kotoba, but in a more casual sense in spoken language it means "you".
By the way if you watch Jidaigeki, you hear people calling others "O-nushi (御主)" which again in literal form is a respective form of Nushi.

Other name calling I found interesting was "Tawake (戯け)" in abuse by Horo towards Lawrence.
This is an old word which would equal to "Fool".
It originated from dividing rice patty(田分け) as inheritance by a farmer to more than one siblings.
Productivity and efficiency of farm land decreases when divided into small patches resulting to this hoot.
Old 2008-03-10, 02:38   Link #130
DanielSong39

Upon second thought, I don't think Horo's presence made any difference to Lawrence's plight. After getting rejected from the first few places, his situation started to snowball as people picked up on what he was doing. It was his desperation, rather than perceived immorality, that was his undoing.

It is somewhat maddening, however, that people didn't explain to him the situation with the armor sooner. Probably a minor plot hole.

Oh well, all I want to see is for Horo (and Nora) to kick some tail. I have a feeling that I won't be disappointed.
Old 2008-03-11, 03:58   Link #131
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

I'm going to throw a bit of gloom into the works. Okay, my speculation.

The novels are a 7+ Volume series, and continuing.

The Anime is a 13 episode series, with no facts about a season 2.

FullMetal Alchemist's anime diverged immensely from the manga, so theres a possibility it could happen elsewhere as well. (FMA is just the best example I have ^_^)

My outlook, Lawrence doesn't get the money, gets killed, Horo is discovered and somehow restrained, possibly from losing the wheat or something happening, Nora is the evil mastermind, and the series will have no problem ending in 2 episodes. ^_^

Thus, Hasuna splendidly creates avid fans of the novels, as they become more and more wanted, for the plot line that doesn't involve Lawrences death, and Horo's being controlled by Nora who controls wolves.

What do you think? (I believe it was time for a bit of negativism ^_^)

(Actually....I'll go with the anime ending with this "story arc", and then them "riding off into the sunset" onto more adventures that there will be no season 2 for yet)
Old 2008-03-11, 04:17   Link #132
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I think you've been reading too many of Flo's posts
Old 2008-03-11, 05:22   Link #133
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I think you've been reading too many of Flo's posts
Actually, I don't recall reading 1.....you've just peaked my curiosity, so here I go on a post search ^_^

EDIT

Alot about Nora being the evil magician mastermind....hahaha

Well, you know what they say. ones a "roomer" and two's "trooth". really.

Last edited by seaghyn16; 2008-03-11 at 05:34.
Old 2008-03-11, 07:42   Link #134
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Wow some of you guys speculation blows my mind in ways that oh so hurt me. Lawrence killed? I just cant see that happening this is not that type of show for them go around killing characters off. If that was the case they would have let Chole bite the dust a ways back.

Oh well at least you guys entertain me and i get a laugh.
Old 2008-03-11, 08:21   Link #135
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Well don't think they have the time to do anything crazy here. Should just be able to solve the current predicament and have them ride towards their next problem. But interesting attempt to put some gloom into it .

Are some times with series that I get worried, but for some reason not too concerned here.
Old 2008-03-11, 08:36   Link #136
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

Hahaha, everyone knows the best tragic tales start with a slowly blossoming love. Just look at Romeo and Juliet ^_^ (albeit they go pretty far pretty fast...)

Honestly, I write this because with so much positive speculation, I mean....that's exactly how it's going to happen. But by putting in thoughts of even more struggles and hard times, (death being pretty extreme I'll grant, maybe Lawrence just ends up in the mines ^_^) It makes the way the story-tellers tell it all that much more relieving, and beautiful. So, lets hear some more posts about how this is going to turn into an R&J tale, or list the absolute worse scenarios. (With some positive posts ^_^)

Then again, 11 airs pretty soon. Hurry!
Old 2008-03-11, 09:16   Link #137
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Well you could go into Horo taking on the soldiers etc to save Lawrence from capture. Maybe she gets a couple scratches before taking down half the city . Not sure how bad things could get without really letting go.
Old 2008-03-11, 09:32   Link #138
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well you could go into Horo taking on the soldiers etc to save Lawrence from capture. Maybe she gets a couple scratches before taking down half the city . Not sure how bad things could get without really letting go.
I think you're mistaking this anime with another, the Rental Magica thread is two columns above in the fansub section.

Sorry make that three, I completely forgotten the unaired section.
Old 2008-03-11, 09:45   Link #139
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

@Tri-ring rofl. Hahahaha.

Okay, so let's go with Horo's friends from the north, at the beginning of the journey. Let's say she meets some in the city, after she helped Lawrence out, and then dumps Lawrence. hey, lets just say. That would be a huge bummer for the HoroXLawrence fans --->me....after all, this is called Spice and Wolf, not Lawrence and Wolf. So technically.....Okay, wolf could be anything also. The main characters haven't been introduced yet....

But seriously. Horo meets up with an old OLD friend, and they ditch Lawrence and start looking for their other friends, and Lawrence is saved, only to end up in the mines sometime later. Church hunts them all, story's over.

/cry
Old 2008-03-11, 11:14   Link #140
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
I think you're mistaking this anime with another, the Rental Magica thread is two columns above in the fansub section.

Sorry make that three, I completely forgotten the unaired section.
Haha little chance of me getting confused there. With the high rolling 150 posts I have in that series' thread .