AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-18, 14:09   Link #1
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Mai HiME Marriage Prospects

I'm going to attempt to resurrect some threads to help Catgirls along. This one was one of my favourites. I'll do my best to find the actual posts. It won't be pretty but I'll do the formatting once I resurrect all of the posts themselves. I now have WAY more respect for mods when they have to do this. It's damned hard work!

Last edited by Kieli; 2005-12-18 at 14:24.
Old 2005-12-18, 14:16   Link #2
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Ronin Aquila:
This thread is inspired by a long dormant page called "Anime Marriage Prospects", in which characters from multiple series are given profiles as to their suitability as hypothetical life partners (in our otaku-dreamworlds, at least).

This thread works on the same principle, except that it focuses on Mai Hime characters.

Each profile should be built with the following categories:

Name:
Looks:
Personality:
Intelligence:
Economics:
Competition:
Warrior Skills: (Edit)
Housekeeping Skills: (Edit)
Sex:
Father/Mother Material:
Overall:

Okay, to kick it off, a personal favourite.

Suzushiro Haruka
Looks: A fierce yet wholesome and honest face that would be even more pretty if she didn't snarl so much, crowned with a lucious mane of golden hair. Most appealing of all, set dead centre are a spirited pair of blue eyes, searing with confidence. On a side note, though often concealed by clothing one size too small, her figure is actually better than Mai's.

Personality: Though her short temper can be quite intimidating to the uninitiated, this is more than adequately compensated by what is simultaneously her most noble virtue and tragic flaw: her brutal honesty. Yes, this makes her say what she wants when she wants regardless of circumstances, but you won't find a more honorable, stalwart and loyal friend who will keep her word and stay with you to the end.

Intelligence: Though bright enough as a leader of organisations, her lack of common sense and inability to perceive the obvious can lead to delightfully inconvenient complications in managing the household. Her penchant of mis-pronouncing words can also lead to frequent embarrasment.

Economics: Competent in most cases, but prone to compulsive splurges in pursuing often frivolous ends, particularly when her pride is concerned.

Competition: Poor sweet little Yukino-Chan. Though she'll put up quite a ferocious fight, the combination of her lack of force in personality and Haruka's obliviousness to her feelings would make her a mild inconvenience at best. The only problem is; whether or not you could in good conscience break the heart of such a warm and sweet girl.

Warrior Skills: Though possessing none of the powers the Himes do, her basic expertise is impressive enough to allow her to K-O two special forces soldiers caught off guard. And as Shizuru can attest, she packs a blood-drawing slap and a quite a bone-crushing headbutt as well. (Edit)

Housekeeping Skills: Well, she would certainly be proficient at ordering the tasks that need to be done, that much is for certain. As for carrying out the tasks herself, however.... you'll probably have to be the one wearing the apron in this relationship. Learn to cook SPICY foods fast. (EDIT)

Sex: She'll more than likely be the one wearing the pants in this partnership, always on top and giving her 120% percent. Devoted, but quite exhausting.

Mother Material: Quite the fierce disciplanary no doubt, but look no further for a mother who will raise her children to be upright, decent, honest and honorable members of society.

Overall: If you have an equally forceful personality and can get past her bluntness, you will find a loyal friend whom you can trust with your life. Even if it is an unromantic marriage of economic convenience, you will be mutually happy in a partnership of mutual dependability and respect.

Let the fun begin...

-Karasuma Ouji of School Rumble.

Akuma-sama:

The Dangers of Exams...

Akuma-sama is on a distinguished road

Figured I might as well try...

Name: Tokiha Mai
Looks: Quite attractive, neck-length orange hair and violet eyes, although her biggest asset is... well, her assets . Either the second or third biggest-breasted character in Mai HiME. Looks very cute in a police uniform, in a "You're under arrest" kind of way
Personality: Responsible, hard-working and nice to a fault, almost to the point of being annoying. Will work and worry herself to tears if left on her own, so you'd need to pay attention to make her relax; Karaoke reccomended. She hates worrying people, and especially people who care about her, so don't believe everything she says.
Intelligence: Not exactly a genius, but not a dunce either; she seems to do fine at school, except when her jobs (or Orphans!) interfere.
Economics: LOTS of experience with various jobs; if there's one girl who will never have problems finding a job, it's her. Her CV is probably ten pages long. She also seems to be quite capable at juggling the numbers, as she did her best to take care of Takumi and his medicine, while feeding the ever-empty-stomach of Mikoto, while paying the rent, without getting into a tight spot once. Although the sheer number of jobs she had might be the reason for that ^_^;;;
There might be a problem of her overworking, though; if she finds her job to be important enough, she'll work herself to tears, as noted above.
Competition: You'd have quite a lot of competition against you.
First is Tate, whom she actually likes, so he'd be a big problem, despite (or perhaps because of?) Shiho. One way to get rid of him would be to make Shiho actually attractive, and well... It'd be easier to convince Yukino to play full-contact football professionally.
Second is Reito, who, despite not exactly being in her sights at the moment, is extremely attractive and thus, dangerous as well.
Third, there is Mikoto, whom, while not being a true danger, would be very likely to make your life/the job very difficult if she doesn't like you. Make her like you and the thought of you and Mai together, though, and she could become a very useful ally. Tasty food is a must.
Finally, however, there is her little brother, Takumi, who takes a lot of her time; if it's a choice between you and her, she'll pick Takumi. That is, unless it's after the final episode, at which point he seems to be doing just fine away from her...
Sex: Appears to be quite shy when it comes to relationships (her reactions to Chie and Aoi's teasing at seeing her and Reito together, the fact that she and Tate still haven't kissed at the end...), though not opposed to them at all, once you get past her 'responsible and nice girl' walls.
Mother Material: Probably excellent, though I can see her being too nice to a kid in need of a good spanking. You'd have to be the tough parent. When really angered, though, she's probably scarier than you.
Overall: Life as Mai's husband (or wife, *waves canadian flag*) would be a very tasty and happy one, although it would be sometimes difficult to tear her away from her work, if she finds it to be important enough. She'll go very far for you, and it would be up to you not to let her go too far.
Incidentally, prepare to invest in exercising equipment; you'll need it to keep from gaining love-handles.

...that was kinda fun ^_^;;
I almost did Natsuki's, but after thinking about it, I'll leave Kieli the honor of doing her--doing her FILE.

Final note, how about including the Otome versions? They're quite different... though we don't know much about a lot of them, come to think about it
'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!
---
HiME fans: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2656542/1/ R&R plz ^_^

Ronin Aquila:
Added Warrior Skills Category for completism, including an edit for Haruka-Chan in that regard.

Also, I would be doing Otome ones if only:

1) We get to know them better, and that would require at least 6 more episodes for us to pass any reasonable judgement.

2) The fact that over half of them are at such a young age that any attempt to have children with them would have you confined in a correctional facility for 2 decades with only violent criminals as unwanted romantic interests.

So let's stick to Hime blokes and chicks for now, shall we?

Imperialmog: Though with the Otome characters it would be interesting to think what they would be like a little older then.

I do picture though with Mai is that if she didn't have to do all those jobs, she would seem to be the type to want to be a full time mother type person.

Shigan:Hmm... lets have a shot at my favorite then. Someone do Shizuru justice too! ^_^

Kuga Natsuki, Biker Grrl

Looks: Fierce and honest in a refined and sharp way, constantly with a frown or a look of utter disinterest on a face that is undoubtly japanese - and beautiful to behold no matter experssion. Dark, straight and blue-tinted hair, wellgroomed - matched with cold, aquagreen eyes. -Superb- proportions, fit to be model material - unknown if this is due to a supermetabolism or regular training habits, since it can't be her diet.

Personality: She doesn't care for the regular girly chitchats and schoollife in general, and it shows -very- clearly on her face. Althou not friendly, she is definelty not a snide bitch when approached, -you- don't interest her - and that's it. Her whole posture screams of confidence, dignity and a no-nonsense disposition. This is not a person you screw around or indulge in smalltalk with.

Intelligence: While having a academic record that is comparable to a natural disaster, I am having troubles with seeing Natsuki as dumb. Althou not being a schemer or even remotely bookish in a school way, she's definetly a smart girl who knows how to take care of herself in the wide world.

Economics: Indenpendent, while she lacks Mai's working experience, her mother clearly left her enough funds to let her live on her own in a fairly sizy apartment. Even -if- her funds would run dry, I can see her doing a job just fine. She is far to honest and proud to rely on any kind of favors or support, so work it is, as long as its nature doesnt insult her pride.

Competition: Spikey haired kendo goof would be an obvious one, althou I had be worried about a certain red-eyed beauty holding the president position a lot lot more. While Mr.Kendo do have a rather impressive shinai, it simply doesn't compare to the power of a Glaive and Kiyohime, a snowball's chance in hell - much like your own chances to compete against Fujino Shizuru. Doesn't hinder us from trying thou.

Sex: Extremely shy in the beginning! Confidence or not, Natsuki -is- the biggest prude in MH and so she remains til the very end. She is rather obsessive about her physical privacy which will affect her greatly as a lover. But as you slowly breach her walls and gain her trust, I can easily see her being as passionate and daring and devoted as you can demand. Natsuki is not the kind who does things half-heartedly, and sex will be no different.

She likes dogs, I just had to say that XD.

Father/Mother Material: While it may take her some time to digest the whole idea of being a parent, I can see nothing but a woman who will love her children to death. Losing your parents at a young age affects people differently, but one of Natsuki's strongest assets as a person is her loyalty towards the few people whom she has chosen to love, and I can see her no different as a mother.

Overall: While being biased since Natsuki is with little doubt my favorite MH character, I believe that whomever chose to chase this lady will be in for quite a race. She is proud, honest, prude and cares for romantic fluff as much as we care for our old socks; so forget the initial chocolate, loveletters and roses and get down to earning her respect. It certainly won't be easy, but if you do succeed she will be yours - until the very day she stops breathing.

Good luck Shizuru
Last edited by Shigan : 2005-12-04 at 12:01.

Lone Wolf:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shigan

Father/Mother Material: While it may take her some time to digest the whole idea of being a parent, I can see nothing but a woman who will love her children to death. Losing your parents at a young age affects people differently, but one of Natsuki's strongest assets as a person is her loyalty towards the few people whom she has chosen to love, and I can see her no different as a mother.

Actually Natsuki's father (the bastard ) left Natsuki to be with another woman. As for funds, Natsuki's father sends her a monthly stipend.

The rest, I totally agree with, thus the reason she's also my favorite character.

--Lone Wolf

Ronin Aquila:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialmog
Though with the Otome characters it would be interesting to think what they would be like a little older then.
Though I have noticed that with the exception of Nao, Shiho and Akane, all the Otomes who have had screen-time of any consequence seem to been made into adults past their 20's. (and therefore yes, all the more guilt-free for doujinshi artists out there )

Old 2005-12-18, 14:18   Link #3
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Excellent. Thanks for the help.
Old 2005-12-18, 14:22   Link #4
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Kieli:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma-sama
...that was kinda fun ^_^;; I almost did Natsuki's, but after thinking about it, I'll leave Kieli the honor of doing her--doing her FILE.
Oi oi, no more comments from the Peanut Gallery.

Ah well, I guess it's up to me to do *ahem* I mean PROFILE Shizuru, eh?

Name: Fujino Shizuru, erstwhile HiME and Fuuka Gakuen kaichou, Present Kick-Butt Otome
Looks: She has the physical attributes one would expect in Japanese royalty or nobility...high regal cheekbones, deep, warm, thoughtful burgundy eyes, shapely mouth and statuesque figure. She definitely has the looks we all want for our perfect woman.
Personality: She has this exterior of unruffled calm; no situation, no matter how dire, seems to perturb her in any way. However, it seems that underneath, she only seeks the approval of one person only: Kuga Natsuki. She is prone to lighthearted, witty banter but her demeanor can change in the blink of an eye. Fujino-sama is highly intuitive and has excellent people skills which make her an exceptional choice in leadership roles.
Intelligence: To hear Haruka tell it, this "bubuzke onna" is a fraud, getting others to do her work for her. In truth, this is the mark of a highly skilled politician. She is obviously highly intelligent, diligent and thorough in any task she undertakes.
Economics:Though her financial situation is not overtly stated, it has been assumed that, due to her polished manners and highly developed skills, that she comes from a wealthy background, possibly a family that is considered "old money".
Competition: Where to begin? Fujino-sama has legions of fans, both male and female, so anyone who catches her eye is lucky indeed (Natsuki, take note! Kaichou-sama does not choose partners lightly....she wants you for a reason! ) There seems to be no one person who is overtly seeking her attention other than Tomoe Marguerite. Threat assessment of Tomoe is still uncertain but I doubt she'd be any threat to Natsuki's role in Shizuru's life. It's hard to tell what attracts a woman like her as she is notoriously hard to read and rarely has her emotions on the surface. Wooing her would indeed be very difficult, should someone choose to take on this mission.
Warrior Skills: It's easy to underestimate her based on her fluffy exterior but make no mistake, she is razor-sharp on all fronts.
Sex: She may act very submissive, but I have a feeling that, in the bedroom, Fujino-sama is all business, taking control from the start. She may allow her partner to think they're calling all the shots, but before you can bat an eyelash, she'll have you tied up and crying out for more. She may seek balance and stability in the relationship aspect but can not help but be a dominant person sexually. Her subtle manipulation skills have more to do with that than outright forcefulness, as she is not prone to extreme physicality as far as exerting dominion is concerned.
Father/Mother Material: Fujino-sama would make an excellent parent as her diverse skills are suited for parenting. She'd be a doting, fun-loving mother, a supportive, strong wife. Her children would definitely grow up as forces to be reckoned with as she would do everything in her power to pass onto them her most prominent survival skills.
Overall: Though I am quite the Fujino fangrrl, I really think she is almost too good to be true: diplomatic, strong, intelligent and capable, she is every man's (and woman's) dream. Though I do detect some small amount of insecurity lying beneath that calm exterior, there is no doubt, Fujino-sama is a handful. If one does manage to succeed in capturing her heart, the depth and strength of the love and loyalty that she would lavish on them would know no bounds. And god help anyone who crosses those whom she loves.
All the people you meet here have something to teach you....that there are no random acts. That we are all connected. That you can no more separate one life from another than you can separate the breeze from the wind.

Love, like rain can nourish from above, drenching couples with a soaking joy. But sometimes, under the angry heat of life, love dries on the surface and must nourish from below, tending its roots, keeping itself alive.

Ronin Aquila:
Added new category thanks to suggestion from a cool board member, Housekeeping Skills: and of course updated Haruka-Chan accordingly.

Lone Wolf:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila
Added new category thanks to suggestion from a cool board member, Housekeeping Skills: and of course updated Haruka-Chan accordingly.
Housekeeping skills? Then Natsuki's must be updated as well since her profile on the official site says that she despises house cleaning/chores. Unfortunately she's not the epitomy of tidyness.

--Lone Wolf

Guest:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila[/quote
Why bother? They all seem quite capable to get a good job that will pay to hire a maid.

Imperialmog:
Is there going to be an in-law category? Though for most of the characters this is a not an issue, but with some how a character's family would react to having their relative with you would be an issue.

CoefficientX:
Hehe Kieli you forgot to mention another good point about Shizuru.

- Her play-hard-to-get & cheeky attitude.

Piyosuke:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan
Sex: Extremely shy in the beginning! Confidence or not, Natsuki -is- the biggest prude in MH and so she remains til the very end. She is rather obsessive about her physical privacy which will affect her greatly as a lover. But as you slowly breach her walls and gain her trust, I can easily see her being as passionate and daring and devoted as you can demand. Natsuki is not the kind who does things half-heartedly, and sex will be no different.
Please add that if you're a dominatrix, things will be more fun with Natsuki, because you can tease her everytime with ease .
*runs away before someone smacks me*

Quote:
She likes dogs, I just had to say that XD.
Oooh... The ambiguity within the sentence.
CoeffcientX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyosuke
Oh yeah, what about adding Romantic category... Just how romantic the character might be.
Haha with this column, i'm so sure Shizuru is gonna score full marks.

Oh yeah, what about adding Romantic category... Just how romantic the character might be .

"We will take revenge on your behalf." - jigokutsuushin.net
Old 2005-12-19, 00:37   Link #5
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Woa, and here I was preparing to re-write the Natsuki one

Way to go girl!
Old 2005-12-19, 21:50   Link #6
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!

Here's mine of Nao again. Luckily I also pasted it to Kira in Skype, which I keep logs of.

Yuuki Nao (That's the HiME Version, folks)

Looks: Shoulder length sanguine hair, and emerald eyes that sparkle with a thirst for enjoying life (when not dulled by boredom, of course). Not a stellar knockout like some may enjoy, but a beauty in her own right.

Personality: Layers upon layers. She is extremely untrusting of fellow humans, a natural result of the world's cruel betrayal at an extremely young age. If you can get past that minor barrier, however, you must still contend with the fact that she has deep issues with accepting the fact that other people could actually care about her. She's sarcastic and dismissive of people she thinks deserve it, bored of people who don't, and has a mischievous streak a mile wide. Overall, she's looking for justice from a world that denied it from her, and you really don't want to stand in the way of that.

Intelligence: A frightening capacity for understanding how the male mind works. If you're male, you'll finding yourself doing exactly what she wants, and you'll never be exactly quite sure how she managed to convince you. If female, she won't start with a grudge against you, so likely you'll be spared some of the more intricate mind games, but she won't be able to help at least a few.

Economics: If you're ever in a tight spot monetarily, she'll undoubtedly be able to find a way to get by through some carefully placed sweet looks. If she's living in the lap of luxury, however, don't expect her not to exploit it.

Competition: In the anime cannon? None. She has a quite dangerous boyfriend in the manga who's more than likely to simply kill you and be done with it.

Warrior Skills: With Juliet at her side, and her damn cool yet difficult to describe hand sheath style weapon, Nao ranks fairly high among combat potentials. Though her fighting style is more suited towards the covert, she managed to survive for while against the absurdly powerful Kiyohime in open combat, if that counts for something.

Housekeeping Skills: Unless you're into a "spider's den" motif, you should probably go with a maid.

Sex: Age and legality issues aside, if you actually got to the point where Nao would be willing to be intimate, it would likely involve 'alternative lifestyles'. If that's not your thing, you have been warned. Males will likely be in for an even rougher ride than females.

Mother Material: This is looking pretty far down the road for her, so expect some changes from her current status. She now has her biological mother back, returned to her from the cruel tragedy of her childhood. There is room for a lot of healthy personality growth before motherhood becomes an issue. And above all else, she has a powerful role model now: her own mother. Nao would likely make a wonderful mother.

Overall: The biggest challenge ahead of you is to break through her tough girl exterior, then break through the countless other barriers involving trust, love, and human contact of any kind. Underneath, who knows what you may find? It's buried pretty far down there, but it's probably worth it.

Extra: Despite all this, or perhaps because of it, I really love Nao. She's just behind Shizuru in character that sorely needed more development in Mai HiME.

I remember one time when a friend of mine showed me a page from a Nao / Natsuki doujinshi. The more I thought about the pairing, the more it made sense. Assuming our beloved kaichou-san wasn't in the picture, I'd really like the pairing
Old 2005-12-19, 22:54   Link #7
coefficientX
mayo is yummy~(‘∇’)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremalkinger
I remember one time when a friend of mine showed me a page from a Nao / Natsuki doujinshi. The more I thought about the pairing, the more it made sense. Assuming our beloved kaichou-san wasn't in the picture, I'd really like the pairing
They will become a grim avenger couple.
That's not good lol...
Old 2005-12-20, 00:27   Link #8
USCPharmacist

A lot of characters in Mai Hime are cool and stuffs, but some you should avoid..

Nagi...

Looks:His most distinctive feature is his face. Always sports an arrogant, and mysterious smile, he is not handsome but not exactly ugly either. His eyes are blood red and full of menace. They seems to pierce through everything in the world and there doesn't seem to be anything that you can hide from them. Other than that he has the appearance of a frail kid with white hair.

Personality: Needless to say he is evil, and arrogant. He enjoy other people's suffering, yet yearn for attention from his victims. It's almost seem like he want those he wronged to "love" him. Case in point, he constantly seeked Mai's company and felt a bit angry when she ignored him. On the other hand he likes people to keep guessing about him, but never try to completely hide his evilness. So while everyone knows he is bad news, yet no one knows how to deal with him.

Intelligence:To the extreme, so don't mess with him, PERIOD. In DnD term he has an intelligent score of 25.

Economics: Monetary acqusition has no meaning to him, although if he wants to, he'll "GET" it for you in a way that is beyond most mortal's comprehension.

Competition: Mashiro. Although I doubt she likes him, she does enjoy his company due to their similar form of existence. Mashiro is the previous winner of the former festival, however, so if she wants to compete with you, having some form of supernatural power is beneficial.

Warrior skills: (Edit) A summoner mostly that is only weak against anti-materializing technology. I doubt anyone but Miyu can completely beat him. Although if Mai, mikoto, and Shizuru go all out against him in a 3 to 1 fight there maybe a chance.

Housekeeping Skills: (Edit) Not sure, but you probably has to do it yourself, as his summons tend to lack intelligence. And he probably likes to mess up the house to see you sweat over cleaning it over and over and over again...

Sex:Well if you are a masochist and into tenticles sex....

Father/Mother Material: Unless you want to be the mother of a new antichrist like Hitler it's better not to have children, or have someone else raise your kids, less they all go insane.

Overall: Like drugs, Just say no!!! Unless you are one of those girls from hentai anime XD
Old 2005-12-20, 01:52   Link #9
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist
A lot of characters in Mai Hime are cool and stuffs, but some you should avoid..

Nagi...

Looks:His most distinctive feature is his face. Always sports an arrogant, and mysterious smile, he is not handsome but not exactly ugly either. His eyes are blood red and full of menace. They seems to pierce through everything in the world and there doesn't seem to be anything that you can hide from them. Other than that he has the appearance of a frail kid with white hair.

Personality: Needless to say he is evil, and arrogant. He enjoy other people's suffering, yet yearn for attention from his victims. It's almost seem like he want those he wronged to "love" him. Case in point, he constantly seeked Mai's company and felt a bit angry when she ignored him. On the other hand he likes people to keep guessing about him, but never try to completely hide his evilness. So while everyone knows he is bad news, yet no one knows how to deal with him.

Intelligence:To the extreme, so don't mess with him, PERIOD. In DnD term he has an intelligent score of 25.

Economics: Monetary acqusition has no meaning to him, although if he wants to, he'll "GET" it for you in a way that is beyond most mortal's comprehension.

Competition: Mashiro. Although I doubt she likes him, she does enjoy his company due to their similar form of existence. Mashiro is the previous winner of the former festival, however, so if she wants to compete with you, having some form of supernatural power is beneficial.

Warrior skills: (Edit) A summoner mostly that is only weak against anti-materializing technology. I doubt anyone but Miyu can completely beat him. Although if Mai, mikoto, and Shizuru go all out against him in a 3 to 1 fight there maybe a chance.

Housekeeping Skills: (Edit) Not sure, but you probably has to do it yourself, as his summons tend to lack intelligence. And he probably likes to mess up the house to see you sweat over cleaning it over and over and over again...

Sex:Well if you are a masochist and into tenticles sex....

Father/Mother Material: Unless you want to be the mother of a new antichrist like Hitler it's better not to have children, or have someone else raise your kids, less they all go insane.

Overall: Like drugs, Just say no!!! Unless you are one of those girls from hentai anime XD
ROTFLMFAO!! I love you, Doc, I really do. You make me laugh so DAMN hard!
Old 2005-12-20, 07:06   Link #10
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Minagi Mikoto

Looks:
Painfully average, with none of the beauty of Natsuki or the adorable cuteness of Yukino-Chan, and according to Chie's "check up", she practically hasn't gone through puberty in terms of "development." Point in fact, if it were not for her hair and attire, Mikoto could easily be mistaken for a boy at first glance. However, the innocence that permeates her every feature, completely free of guile or deception, makes her infectiously likable at first sight.

Personality:
The best analogy of Mikoto's personality would be "a female version of Kakaroto from Dragonball Z." That is, a good hearted, honest glutton with a permanently arrested IQ of a child. Her isolated and incredibly specialized ubringing makes her ignorant not only to the common etiques such as modesty, tact and privacy, but also to the modern ugliness of cynicism, dishonesty and selfishness. Though her tendency to act on seemingly base impulses (Eat, Sleep, Play, and not necessarily in that order) makes her seem like an animal most of the time, this is just an extension of her pure and honest persona Beware though: Mikoto-Chan will love you as a friend with the unbound innocence of a child, she will also hate you with the amoral malice of one if you become her enemy.

Intelligence:
To call her stupid would be cruel, but not too far from the truth. Mikoto has a practical view of life, that being Feel then React. Her ability to take things at face value unclouded by irony or cynicism does her credit, but that same animal wisdom makes her prone to being used and deceived. You will have to be the responsible and literal adult as well as moral compass to guide this literal child to maturity. When all else fails, give her food and she might listen to you better.

Economics:
NEVER give Mikoto-Chan your credit card, because she has an appetite that will put a Saiyajin to shame. You will be bankrupt within the first week of Marriage as she splurges a YEAR'S wage on each restaurant visit.

Competition:
As she has yet to comprehend, much less digest the idea of being committed to one person, Mikoto "loves" everyone who is not an enemy. Hence the closest thing you have to a competition is Tokiha Mai, which is a tough one because you have to learn to cook better than this prodigy housekeeper to even get Mikoto's attention for a split second.

Warrior Skills:
In terms of sheer inborn credentials, such as strength, reflexes, speed, skill and stamina, Minagi Mikoto has the makings of a legendary swordswoman. Pity, though, is her choice of weapon. Far too large and heavy for ANY warrior, much less one as dimunitive as she is, the ponderous weight is barely compensated by her extremely well executed footwork and stances. Also, if her Child is not present, the sheer lack of speed telegraphs her attacks LONG before their possible connection, completely voiding the potence of their force. In short, it will be up to you to somehow persuade her to change her preference of arsenals to a lighter and more effiecent blade.

Housekeeping Skills:
Though she has yet to be seen making a disgrace of her residence, it is more than likely that you'll once again have to be the responsible adult here. Her concept of "responsible tidiness" is rivalled by that of Chimpanzees in the New York Central Park Zoo.

Sex:
Several considerations. (1) Do you wanna go to JAIL buddy? Wait 2 more years. (2) She probably dosen't even know what sex is, so you'll have to spend an hour or two with textbooks. (3) Even if you do manage to get the concept through her thick skull, her constant enthusiasm in all she does would probably make it (literally) back-breakingly painful if she really gets into it. (4) As shown in the cooking class debacle, Mikoto-chan NEVER gets tired of repeated doing new things she just discovered to be fun, so more than likely she'll drag you through a dozen sessions (if not more) on your wedding night before she FINALLY burns her endless-and-childish energy out with exhaustion (that is if you don't die from that first ). (5) The next day, she'll probably blurt out in PUBLIC what you did the night before. (6) Therefore, approach with extreme caution.

Father/Mother Material:
Quite possibly, her relationship with her children will be like that between Forrest Gump and Forrest Junior: Equals intellectually and spiritually. She'll be more of a best friend and big sister to them, and forget her ever teaching them responsibility or restraint. If you don't want fat, stupid, selfish, spoilt little monsters, you'll have to play the part of both parents.

Overall:
Frankly, unless she grows up emotionally and intellectually, Minagi Mikoto is more trouble than she is worth as a wife. Unless you possess the patience of a saint (like Tokiha Mai), few people can have the mental strength to be her father (or mother) as well as her husband (or wife). As a good hearted, fun, loyal and lovable friend, though, you won't find a better best friend in 100 animes.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Finally managed to do a "poor wife candidate." I would have done a Nao if it wasn't done before.

Last edited by Ronin Aquila; 2005-12-20 at 22:30.
Old 2005-12-20, 09:18   Link #11
coefficientX
mayo is yummy~(‘∇’)

ZOMG Ronin!!! Your description on Mikoto is so hilarious yet so true!!! Especially the sex part.

Haha, u should actually write the marriage prospects of all the HiMEs!!!
Old 2005-12-20, 09:23   Link #12
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!

Still chuckling... excellent job, Ronin.
Old 2005-12-20, 09:27   Link #13
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
Sex: Several considerations. (1) Do you wanna go to JAIL buddy? Wait 2 more years. (2) She probably dosen't even know what sex is, so you'll have to spend an hour or two with textbooks. (3) Even if you do manage to get the concept through her thick skull, her constant enthusiasm in all she does would probably make it (literally) back-breakingly painful if she really gets into it. (4) As shown in the cooking class debacle, Mikoto-chan NEVER gets tired of repeated doing new things she just discovered to be fun, so more than likely she'll drag you through a dozen sessions (if not more) on your wedding night before she FINALLY burns her endless-and-childish energy out with exhaustion (that is if you don't die from that first ). (5) The next day, she'll probably blurt out in PUBLIC what you did the night before. (6) Therefore, approach with extreme caution.
XD XD XD, of that is so so so very true, I can just see Mikoto rushing up to Mai, and Reito, and Natsuki - and just anyone who will listen; spilling all her nightly adventures in a painfully detailed clarity.

XD
Old 2005-12-20, 09:38   Link #14
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremalkinger
Still chuckling... excellent job, Ronin.
Well, it was not as coherent as your description of Nao, but I thank you for your compliment nevertheless.

And Cofficient X, this is everyone's board, not mine alone. Everyone is as entitled to the fun of this topic as I am, and I have no right to hog it all.
Old 2005-12-20, 09:44   Link #15
coefficientX
mayo is yummy~(‘∇’)

Quote:
And Cofficient X, this is everyone's board, not mine alone. Everyone is as entitled to the fun of this topic as I am, and I have no right to hog it all.
LOL! minasan, no offense kK! Just find ronin's description on the sex part uber hilarious yet true thats why i thought i should ask for more.
Old 2005-12-20, 09:52   Link #16
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

No offence taken, Mame. Just making a contention.

On a RUDE side note.

Well, with the sheer volume of daily mating that a cat (face it, that is what Mikoto fundamentally is) would have, you can expect Mikoto to:

1) Keep your neighbours (and indeed, you) from EVER sleeping again.

2) Becoming the infamous disgrace of your neighbourhood.

3) Have a veritable litter of "kittens", ending up on the sunday paper...

4) ....having that half-dozen at an all-you-can-eat-restaurant, humiliating you as she inhales five drumsticks on the front page, while you cover your face on the edge of the photo in shame and embarrsment ("and to the left of the photo is Mister Virulent, horniest pedophile on the planet").
Old 2005-12-20, 12:58   Link #17
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
No offence taken, Mame. Just making a contention.

On a RUDE side note.

Well, with the sheer volume of daily mating that a cat (face it, that is what Mikoto fundamentally is) would have, you can expect Mikoto to:

1) Keep your neighbours (and indeed, you) from EVER sleeping again.

2) Becoming the infamous disgrace of your neighbourhood.

3) Have a veritable litter of "kittens", ending up on the sunday paper...

4) ....having that half-dozen at an all-you-can-eat-restaurant, humiliating you as she inhales five drumsticks on the front page, while you cover your face on the edge of the photo in shame and embarrsment ("and to the left of the photo is Mister Virulent, horniest pedophile on the planet").
ROTFLMFAO!! *almost spit coffee all over the monitor*
Old 2005-12-20, 15:14   Link #18
duster_Fukku
Finally found it

Holy mother.... Ronin, you must prepare a new monitor for Kieli now. As for me, pay the medical bill on the my stomach surgery... tored-open from excessive laughters!!!!!

Quote:
.... *shaking*...HAHAHAHHAH!!! God... the stomach is tearing again.... HHAHHA!!!!!!!.... s***, I have to stop...!!!!
Old 2005-12-20, 18:26   Link #19
ranchan13

Can we get someone to post up the prospects or Senou Aoi or Haruda Chie from Mai HiME?
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2005-12-20, 22:32   Link #20
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieli
ROTFLMFAO!! *almost spit coffee all over the monitor*
So, Kieli-Oneechan, I take it you were hammering the table in laughter like Natsuki did in Karaoke-Episode 16, right?
Closed Thread