AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-11-25, 04:32   Link #4961
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
With this the final goodbye to the Shana series has come, it was fun while it lasted.
Any news on whether the Author would be starting a new title?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 17:48   Link #4962
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Any news on whether the Author would be starting a new title?
Well he should be working on K stuff right now, being member of GORA and all
Old 2012-11-25, 17:49   Link #4963
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Well he should be working on K stuff right now, being member of GORA and all
Hmmm.... Naruhodo....
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 20:57   Link #4964
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
in some way the guy in charge of Dengeki said some like: "Shakugan main story finished", you ready know new manga was release with a precuel??, if we look they could try: 1.before Shana, like the new manga and 2.Hope & Future story line.
Sorry,are you talking about Eternal song ?

So about S3 , only Future and hope are set after the anime... the rest of the stories are a prequel...

I'd really like to read Friagne the Hunter IV , there seems to be a lot of useful information...

About the picture where shana-yuuji-yoshida-ike are eating together,which story is that ?
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 22:47   Link #4965
Chimurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
Sorry,are you talking about Eternal song ?
So about S3 , only Future and hope are set after the anime... the rest of the stories are a prequel...

I'd really like to read Friagne the Hunter IV , there seems to be a lot of useful information...

About the picture where shana-yuuji-yoshida-ike are eating together,which story is that ?
Yep, Eternal Song seems doing well cuz have like 16 releases if I remember well.
The picture its from Hope & Future SS, I think there's some summaries here few pages back.
I read on Mahouka Koukuo no Rettousei tread the popularity females characters ranks and Shana its there, same the Book, so its curious how the Author, Editor, Dengeki, anime and manga producers will take this, I mean, I don't know exactly the reason cuz the author said will finish, maybe just tired, but the Fans keep increasing, I think some like Evangelion phenomena, I even tried to see if there is some doujinshi but couldn't have success.
That's why I have on mind if just Shana no Shakugan story line was ended and come another arc on Future & Hope, another one its could continue only on manga and/or anime format, anyway, time to time to see what will come.
Chimurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 10:14   Link #4966
Elf song

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
It's from a short stories called "Nomad", which was originally released in 2007.
Elf song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 21:40   Link #4967
taichi-kun

Ok Thank you guys

Well that's all about shana I guess until someone could tell us more about the last volume.We already have a summary but you know.. more information is always welcome
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 22:10   Link #4968
Elf song

According to Dengeki Bunko magazine, the new guidebook, Shakugan no Shana no Subete, will be released on June 27th.
Spoiler for pic:

Last edited by Elf song; 2013-04-11 at 21:03.
Old 2013-05-27, 21:59   Link #4969
Elf song

Spoiler for New Shakugan no Shana no Subete's Cover:
Old 2013-07-06, 10:27   Link #4970
Vyral

Any news concerning the new Shakugan no Shana no Subete ?
Old 2013-07-08, 08:42   Link #4971
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

It's already out. Just a guidebook like the previous ones
Old 2013-07-18, 09:09   Link #4972
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Finally, I'm halfway into the third season.

I feel like Final was a different anime series. Well, it's not really a surprise, since first season was the most balanced in romance and action, then Second became too saturated in romance, and all the action got stuffed into Final. That said, watching Final at this stage is like spectating a chess match. The game was passed on from a young girl to experienced Flame Haze with the disposition of the greatest generals in history.

At this stage, I think I could already see some problems with the plot, namely how overpowered the Trinity are, and how this series seems to be a too abrupt shift of playfields, from Flame Haze to Denizen fights to an all-out war on a worldwide scale. Maybe the problem lies with how focused the story was on Misaki City all this time.

I'm not gonna drop this due to the sheer amount of dedication I had to the series, but Shana's no longer as good as I thought it to be a long time ago.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 22:33   Link #4973
Seitsuki
Onee!

Shana will always hold a place in my heart as one of the greatest series I have ever known. The sheer character development that both Shana and Yuuji go through, as well as the way their relationship deepens and grows is something the crappy pandering harem shows of today will never be able to come close to. And reading the ending, it was...just perfect. It truly moved me, something the recent works of the past few years have all failed to do.

I wish something like this could come again. I guess the decade is still young, and there'll be surprises out there yet. Until then.

Time flows on.
Old 2013-07-19, 06:18   Link #4974
AP24

It's ironic people say the third season was the worst when it was most loyal to the novels.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 07:44   Link #4975
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I wouldn't call it the worst of the three seasons, but it lacked the proper pacing given to the first. The anime adaptation might be the one to blame, though.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2013-07-19, 08:00   Link #4976
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I wouldn't call it the worst of the three seasons, but it lacked the proper pacing given to the first. The anime adaptation might be the one to blame, though.
But the third season adapted vol 16-22 properly which the scenes shown in the anime are mostly the same as described in the LN. The first season had some deviations and anime original scenes. So maybe the storyline in vol 16-22 was to blame. Since vol 16 the ending of each volume had that 'to be continued' feeling which the next volume directly continues from the previous volume.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 09:30   Link #4977
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I guess so. Maybe the transition between the events in the first two seasons and the third was too much for me, especially since it doesn't seem like the tension between Denizens and Flame Haze was that widespread outside of Misaki City. It doesn't help that most of the events shown in the anime are focused on Misaki City and Misaki City alone. Anime only viewers probably thought, "Oh, seems like Misaki City is always involved in something," then suddenly Second Great War.

Old 2013-07-24, 08:07   Link #4978
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I finally finished the anime series, and I think I may have underestimated the season.
What's interesting in this series was how Xanadu ended up as the product of the thousand years of war between the two sides, although the efforts of the people of the present were the ones who really made the change. From gods to denizens to Flame Haze to humans, all made their respective efforts to do what they can. Everyone and no one is a hero.

It's like what they say: peace is the consensus of the many, while love is the consensus of two. However, the free will of the Flame Haze and Crimson Denizens will continue to be a threat to the peace in Xanadu. Shana and Yuji's love story will continue on, with more challenges awaiting them.

What's unfortunate is that Kazumi would live most of her life with the memories of everything that happened in her heart, and that she may never be able to share those memories with anyone else. On the other hand, Ike should start trying to date Yukari sometime.

Old 2013-07-28, 01:52   Link #4979
edgelesspigeon

I think the blame lies mainly with the second season of the anime, though it definitely had some good parts (like the confrontation with Sabrac). It had too much anime-original padding. Instead of the whole Konoe Fumina arc, more time could have been given to the Crimson Denizen-Flame Haze conflict that lay outside of Misaki City (and its history prior to the main story of Shakugan no Shana), which Marcus H. alluded to. It provides a lot of explanation about the motivations of the various characters and factions, and the factors that led to the Second Great War. As Marcus H. said, a lot of events in the third season seem to come out of nowhere, despite it faithfully following the light novels. In particular, previous light novels went into more detail about the Ancient War, the Snake of the Festival, Bal Masqué's purpose, etc, which are enormously important when it providing context for the events of the third season. It's like trying to understand World War II without a basic awareness of World War I. It particularly egregious that the Snake and the First Great War are not mentioned or even alluded to until the third season. Other things missing as well. The Great War between the Flame Haze and Töten Glocke are only briefly discussed in the first season, despite it having a huge impact on the lives of the Flame Haze and their Lords. Révolution receives a passing mention in the second season, despite their ideology having an impact on Snake of the Festival Yuji's goals. The Flame Haze Civil War makes no appearance whatsoever, despite it being important for understanding the Four Gods of the Earth.

In short, I think the third season was fantastic, and it was the second season that was flawed.
edgelesspigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 12:16   Link #4980
virox

G-Guys, how come nobody said anything about the new short story in the artbook?
I just received it today and noticed all this moonspeak at the end, there is a new short in there and I lack the skills to translate it. Guys!
virox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen