AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-22, 08:50   Link #421
Kreceir

I found an Adorable Comic about Sasayan and Natsume, But I don't have the time to post it+ translated.
I will try it to get it soon as possible
Old 2012-11-26, 08:46   Link #422
HandofFate

Shizuku's coldness, and her realizing that she was hurting and chasing people away and now feeling kind of lonely was really well done. Didn't like the blonde guy that much, but him being blunt and letting her find out why was pretty good.

Poor Natsume trying to help, good thing Shizuku came to her senses and apologized. Wonder if they cut anything after Sasayan saw Natsume crying.

Starting to get annoyed at Haru. He's way too mentally unstable and prone to violence. Just punching whenever he feels like, and ended up socking Shizuku in the face once again. Then later on, hosting Oshima as a hostage?! What? Terrible.

Shizuku's coldness, and learning to be more 'human' and bringing down her barriers is a good development to watch, but I just dislike Haru's problems right now even if there's some background or history for it. Just so much baggage.
Old 2012-11-26, 14:46   Link #423
ookamigirl

Shizuku freaking out a bit about her dad's store going under.
Yoshida is always there through everything.
He's always trying to cheer her up in unusual ways.
Yamaken run-in in the library was interesting.
That guy is pretty unique in his behavior.
Has Haru finally gotten some competition? Looks like it ^^

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 16:17   Link #424
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Judging from Natsume's blog entry at the beginning, I'd definitely read them lawl.

and that face when Shizuku said that Yamaken was funny...aw lawd, my heart.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 16:29   Link #425
Amoiro Nguyen
lazy onee-sama

Looks like Natsume is beggining to fall for Mi-chan. That's... unexpected, but I think it's interesting.
Old 2012-11-26, 16:33   Link #426
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yamaken has fallen for Shizuku, no surprises there. It happened at the right time. Shizuku and Haru's relationship was starting to go stale, an outside element is needed in order to spice things up and make it progress. Shizuku's self-introspection, as interesting as it has been, is not quite enough. I think she needs a push.

It looks like the series is attempting to ship Natsume with Haru's cousin rather than Sasayan. In fact, I'm not seeing any romantic hints between Sasayan and Natsume so far. Sorry for those who like that pairing.

Shizuku's dad was finally properly introduced. He's quite a pitiful person. Even his wife and daughter believe he's a failure. Isn't it fine for him to just be a stay at home dad? Why should it always be the guy who has to earn the bread? Women can work too! Gender equality!!
Old 2012-11-26, 16:43   Link #427
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yamaken has fallen for Shizuku, no surprises there.
I haven't watched the episode yet, but I'm definitely not surprised at this. Who wouldn't fall for Shizuku? Men with bad taste, that's who.

And definitely agreed on the last part That's actually how the setup was in my family; my dad has a stay-at-home job (Dairy farmer), wheras my mom is a nurse.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 17:01   Link #428
HandofFate

Lots of scene changes this episode.
Thought the small bit with Sasayan x Haru was funny. You actually don't see them interacting much even though they're in the same scene many times. Natsume's reaction was also good.

Surprised that Natsume seems to be starting to fall for Mi-chan. Though Sasayan was gonna comfort her or see what's wrong, but shades-guy shows up out of nowhere again somehow.

Anyone know the little background conversation Sasayan and Natsume had near the end? Right after Sasayan was like "Why are you so hyper?" Then they kept on talking and it was really soft.
Old 2012-11-26, 17:26   Link #429
Excorsism

Well that certainly sucks. They cut out some Natsume development from the end of the school festival that should've been in episode 8 (granted it wasn't all that long in the first place but still). It would more or less would hint at why Natsume felt the way she did when those two girls showed up at the burger joint (flashback included). Not to mention they missed a couple of subtleties again regarding Sasayan in episode 9.

Spoiler for Blub:

I'm complaining quite a lot but I am enjoying the anime. Just some minor nitpicks that I think could've made the experience better. I just feel like they're cutting out too many other things just to get the spotlight on Haru and Shizuku.

Really enjoyed the exchange between Sasayan and Yoshida though, that was actually an omake. Heh.

Last edited by Excorsism; 2012-11-26 at 17:43.
Excorsism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 18:22   Link #430
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Yamaken is fallen in love with Shizuku, eh? so I'll conclude that all smart guy will like a girl like Shizuku (oh darn! I'm included? I like her as well)

and Natsume is fallen in love with Mi-Chan.... Sasayan should be the one who shut off those girls...

I like Haru's expression when Yamaken said he loves Shizuku...
it's going to be a bloodbath with complex relationship in upcoming episode (well.. it's shoujo so it's normal)
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 21:10   Link #431
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I’ve always appreciated the series that didn’t accept the notion of the filler character – someone who’s just there to fill out the cast and perform a specific function to advance the plot. A few very good shows have the inclination and wit to give everyone in the cast distinction and make them a true character, and few recent examples do so better than Tonari. We see it in the four leads, all of whom are obviously top-notch, but at every tier of the supporting cast as well. It’s almost a kind of reverse VN - as if everyone has a “route” we could follow if there was time to do so, and it would be just as interesting and entertaining as the main one.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 22:55   Link #432
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

hmm wonder expect love triangle going between shizuku, haru, & blonde guy?

asako seem got troubled past til shades guy come in scare the bully women & shizuku's dad got fired for 6th time yea call the mom explain more shizuku more like her mom.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 23:07   Link #433
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So Yamaken finally fell for Shizuku. Wonder what kind of history he has with Haru. There's definitely more there than what we've seen. Unexpected that Natsume is falling for Mi-chan.
Old 2012-11-27, 00:10   Link #434
Kirarakim

I wouldn't count Natsume & Sasayan out yet. Yes Natsume has fallen for Mi-chan but I see him as more of a big brother to her.

Really like Yamaken as well, maybe because I just love a good unrequited love story which is where this is obviously headed.

But why is this only one cour, its totally not enough time to develop all these plot lines.
Old 2012-11-27, 01:50   Link #435
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

This episode is the straw that broke the camel's back. They have come up with enough excuses to prolong the status quo of Haru and Shizuku's relationship. This is just becoming frustrating now. I managed to be OK with it up to this point, but now it's high time this series does something. The love triangle doesn't cut it for me because if they wanted to play it up, it should've been earlier.

Yeah, I mean it wasn't a bad episode, but I could not enjoy it too well with this building frustration.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 02:27   Link #436
webkid94
*Author

Alright, I am the kind of person who rarely if ever does any shipping, but the lack of Natsume/Sasayan is literally eating at me....DUDE those girls are making fun of Natsume and all you say is "What's their problem?" HELLO! Sweetest girl in the world is crying right there, now's your chance to comfort her....not that Mitsuyoshi is a bad guy, but it's pretty obvious who the OTP in this show is (besides Haru/Shizuku). Lack of Sasayan is bugging me more than the stagnant progress of Mitty and Haru's relationship.

Wow...the fact that I am even shipping anyone is usually a sign of a damn good show, since I usually loathe shippers. Anyways, another good episode especially Yamaken's rebuttal to Haru's "You love her?"...."Is there a problem?" (a great comeback IMO), first it was Ooshima and now Yamaken will both suffer the fate of the OTP. A frustratingly good episode.
webkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 03:24   Link #437
Kreceir

Old 2012-11-27, 08:00   Link #438
Johnny
Working the bags...

Well I wouldn't put too much stock in a so called 'love triangle' because so far when she's with Yamaken all she talks about is Haru. Don't think she's too undecided that she'll be swayed by Yamaken. Whose inner monologues are pretty funny watching him squirm even in his own thoughts...

Natsume herself is still fun to watch with whatever scene it is...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 12:25   Link #439
broken270
Defying gravity

The ending was interesting, but how am I supposed to perceive Yamaken now? Am I supposed to see Yamaken as possibly shown signs of interest towards Mizutani, or is he just fooling with Haru's head and taking advantage of is...personality (for lack of the correct word) like last time? I mean, even he commented on his own actions and thoughts and is fumbling through with it. It would be interesting if he said it to get a reaction from Haru and get him to do something about it, but, if by the next episode or two, Yamaken comes to the conclusion that he has indeed fallen for her, it may just be the push needed to get Haru and Mizutani as an official couple.
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 14:49   Link #440
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Shizuku's dad was finally properly introduced. He's quite a pitiful person. Even his wife and daughter believe he's a failure. Isn't it fine for him to just be a stay at home dad? Why should it always be the guy who has to earn the bread? Women can work too! Gender equality!!
I think it boils down to expectations. I bet at some point Shizuku's dad had a dandy job (due to his family or friends) and got married to the woman of his dreams, then after Shizuku's birth he got fired (this happened a lot in 1990 when the bubble economy bursted in japan) and since he lacked the skills to be get another job with an equivalent income Shizuku's mom decided to work instead of sliding to a poorer lifestyle. Had Shizuku's mom originally wanted to be a working mom and have his husband stay at home there would have been no problem. But in Shizuku's mom eyes the husband has utterly failed, that is why I suppose he keeps attempting to open a store, so one day he can tell her wife "See, you no longer have to work", albeit she has already missed Shizuku's childhood. I think this would end as my japanese teacher once told me, once they are old one day she will simply file for divorce and abandon her husband (she would not do it earlier because of the children).
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, shoujo