AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-10, 19:32   Link #201
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Rayleigh probably is watching the whole fight with his portable snail.
Old 2009-11-10, 19:37   Link #202
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Rayleigh probably is watching the whole fight with his portable snail.
If he is, he must be having the time of his life right now, what with all of the booze lying around at Shakky's place. Nothing beats watching top quality entertainment while getting hammered .
Old 2009-11-10, 19:52   Link #203
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
You mean as a temporary crew member, right? Like Vivi in Drum Island and Alabasta? Yeah, the chances of Hachi accompanying the strawhats throughout the Fishman Island arc are very high. He's most likely fully recuperated by now, and is probably waiting with Rayleigh back at the archipelago for the strawhats to reclaim their new coated ship.

One of the most interesting things to see will be how he'll interact with Jimbei. They're bound to have had some history in the past. Perhaps we'll discover more about the "pirates of the sun" founded by Fisher Tiger, Arlong's tyranny, and why Jimbei let Arlong loose in exchange for becoming one of the warlords.
Yep as a temporary crew member , i could see it happen for fishman island. It also great way for oda to get the SH to fishman island with someone that not stronger than all of them.
Old 2009-11-10, 20:01   Link #204
ShadowKiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I am calling it now hachi going to join them for fishman island arc .
Yeah maybe he is the one. However in order to join the strawhats he need to change the tatoo in his forehead XD.

But with hachi's addition it would make 3 swordsmans in the crew... but it would be cool in a way...
However i dont see Hachi becoming a permanent member since he is with keimi but just like Blackbeard D. Kuma said it may be just like Vivi in Arabasta
Old 2009-11-10, 20:05   Link #205
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Yep as a temporary crew member , i could see it happen for fishman island. It also great way for oda to get the SH to fishman island with someone that not stronger than all of them.
Since it's guaranteed that Law and Kidd will meet Luffy again in the new world, I'm guessing that they got through Fishman Island while Jimbei was away rampaging at Marineford. If that's the case, they're lucky they didn't have to contend with Jimbei in his most advantageous domain (the ocean).
Old 2009-11-10, 20:50   Link #206
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Since it's guaranteed that Law and Kidd will meet Luffy again in the new world, I'm guessing that they got through Fishman Island while Jimbei was away rampaging at Marineford. If that's the case, they're lucky they didn't have to contend with Jimbei in his most advantageous domain (the ocean).
I think you're assuming that jinbei is the most powerful fishman there is, there could be more powerful people on the island, otherwise, considering how Luffy is on friendly terms with Jinbei, there would be no point in having a fishman arc. At the very least, there's going to be someone there of notable strength to contend with, even if they're not as strong as jinbei.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2009-11-10, 21:23   Link #207
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
I think you're assuming that jinbei is the most powerful fishman there is, there could be more powerful people on the island, otherwise, considering how Luffy is on friendly terms with Jinbei, there would be no point in having a fishman arc. At the very least, there's going to be someone there of notable strength to contend with, even if they're not as strong as jinbei.
Arlong's

brother
sister
mother
father
aunt
uncle
gramps
1st cousin
2nd cousin
3rd cousin twice remove form his mother's side
Old 2009-11-10, 23:54   Link #208
Freya

Quote:
Umm yeah if you forgot Nami's logpost is pointed at Fishman Island or w/e. So....that's where they're going. THey don't choose where they go.
Old 2009-11-11, 06:07   Link #209
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Don't forget that if WB goes down, his influence over Fishman Island will be gone and it will go back to the old chaotic days. So it's probably not going to be peaceful once the strawhats get there, and aside from fishmen they might have to contend with other pirates or marines.

Last edited by Trax; 2009-11-11 at 06:24.
Old 2009-11-11, 14:15   Link #210
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Umm yeah if you forgot Nami's logpost is pointed at Fishman Island or w/e. So....that's where they're going. THey don't choose where they go.
I'm not quite sure what you mean, my argument was that Jinbei may not be the strongest fishman.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2009-11-11, 15:10   Link #211
Freya

Quote:
I'm not quite sure what you mean, my argument was that Jinbei may not be the strongest fishman.
In that post you said because Luffy is close wit Jinbei or w/e that there would be no point in a Fishman Arc. Which I say it's not up to them.
Old 2009-11-11, 15:53   Link #212
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
About Boa joining the crew, she's stronger than Luffy in my book and has other obligations so I don't think that's going to happen either. I'd be happy to just see her interact with the crew at some point, should be very amusing.
What about in Oda's book? A lot of people think she's so strong, but honestly, Oda could just downplay her strength later on. Didn't he do that with Robin? Or do people consider Robin an exception to the rule? Or was she just never that strong to begin with? I find that hard to believe, as I imagine she'd be able to easily take down any of the crew in a one on one fight. Regardless, the same could happen with Boa.

As for her obligations, she's shown absolutely no interest in them. In fact, she's gone so far as to openly abandon them on more than one occasion. I can't see that being a reason for her to not join.

This post might be/is biased, as I really want her to join the crew. xD
Old 2009-11-11, 18:03   Link #213
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
In that post you said because Luffy is close wit Jinbei or w/e that there would be no point in a Fishman Arc. Which I say it's not up to them.
I meant there would be no point because Luffy would have no one to fight when he gets there if he's already friends with the strongest one there, in either case I was mostly being sarcastic.
Old 2009-11-11, 20:47   Link #214
aimboy234
Proud Filipino

What about other possibilities of new people on the crew, It's ok if Bon Clay will join the crew even if they have the same style as Sanji, what about Brook and Zoro...They are but swordsman..
People I can think of...
Hachi- a fishman on the group
Daz Nones-uhmmm I will rethink about it
Mr. 3- another uhhmmm
Crocodile- definitely not
How about Duval from Flying Fish Rider...
Why there is not at least one people from Skypiea join their crew Wiper and Gan Fall is good, and how Urouge go down in the first place
Another one good addition Gedatsu... Cause I want someone "winged" Strawhat...
Old 2009-11-11, 22:30   Link #215
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
There's no 564 spoilers yet? Is there another break this week?
Old 2009-11-11, 23:36   Link #216
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
There's no 564 spoilers yet? Is there another break this week?
Sadly, yes.

But its OK though since the new fma chapter came out this week so it all balances itself out.
Old 2009-11-12, 00:18   Link #217
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Sadly, yes.

But its OK though since the new fma chapter came out this week so it all balances itself out.
Screw that, FMA is great and all but I can't live without my dose of good One Piece narcotics.
Old 2009-11-12, 07:52   Link #218
noktown

I like Buggy and all,but i wouldn't want him to join the crew :/

Maybe Crocodile will join ;o
I don't think Hachi can leave his Mermaid xD
Old 2009-11-12, 12:27   Link #219
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Like Trax said, Fishman Island is sure to become chaotic with the huge infestation of pirates that will emerge after Whitebeard's death. So, even if Jimbei is the strongest fishman to this day and an ally of Luffy, it won't be a problem because there will be plenty of other enemies causing problems/ruckus for the strawhats to deal with.

I'm eagerly awaiting the Fishman Island arc. It's probably going to be one of the most significant arcs in the entire story for two reasons:

1) All pirates have to pass through Fishman Island to enter the New World.

2) Oda has been hyping up this arc for quite a few years now. We can expect some crazy stuff to happen here.
Old 2009-11-12, 13:51   Link #220
james0246

^It would be cool if there was a second mini-war arc in which legions of different pirates/etc emerge in order to conquer Fishman Island, and Jinbei and the Strawhats have to defend the Island from the onslaught...
Closed Thread