AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2010-01-27, 18:44   Link #161
Seqi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoggySoyBean View Post

amazon finally shipped it, cost me a total of £46.99 not sure how much shiping'll cost you though it was 3800 not 3990 jpy when i bought it with 3000 jpy shipping
(site viewable in english)

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10105954 they seem to be sold out for now and play-asia's prices are inflated. think some non-english vendor's were posted earlier
Awesome, thanks.
It was about £55 from eBay. Did you get it delivered to the UK? I assume that it'll be roughly that. £50 for an art book.. God damnit. Why does life hate me. Ah well, best get saving. I was hoping to get the calendar too. I'm all spent up from Dissidia merch.
Seqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 20:58   Link #162
itrytofight

What characters are introduced in the Development artworks? Are they presented well? Backstory and stuff included? What extras are included?

Asking cause I'm really considering spending the $75+ on one of those books via Ebay.
itrytofight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 22:40   Link #163
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
They seem to include prototypical works of the characters - an entire four pages devoted to Alicia, for instance. Also, "Gallian Panzers," a Proto-VC, has some shots for it - it appeared to have unit designs that out-Red Alert-ed Red Alert.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 22:54   Link #164
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrytofight View Post
What characters are introduced in the Development artworks? Are they presented well? Backstory and stuff included? What extras are included?

Asking cause I'm really considering spending the $75+ on one of those books via Ebay.
These are from the previous page, they should answer a few of your questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Somebody put some camera pics from the 400-page artbook and (man!) this is quite something.

http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/m...b/Artbooks/VC/

If I wasn't broke, I'd try looking for that book. But since I don't, I hope I'll get my luck differently because there is so much visual stuff in there which can give me inspiration for new artworks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Yeah that's it. And it would make a great poster. Plenty of details that you can't possibly see them all the first time you look. Every time I've reached for my book I've noticed something new.

Here is most of the section of "Gallian Panzers/Stories". Only missed two pages that weren't very interesting. It looks to me that they actually had a working build of this early concept.

Spoiler for Gallian Panzers:

And oh God I'd kill for posters of the two Welkin and Alicia images on the left page here;
btw, I got mine from an official vendor for 56.46 USD and it came to me in two days (once in stock). its not difficult ordering from them, idk i mean you save a lot of money is what im saying.

Quote:
it appeared to have unit designs that out-Red Alert-ed Red Alert.
they remind me of stuff from a Studio Ghibli or Miyazaki film
SoggySoyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 23:54   Link #165
DC20

I'm seeing a lot of the main canon characters, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot on the minor Squad members, which would essentially be my personal selling point. Are they present in a lot of what wasn't selected as the highlights in that set of snapshots?
DC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 07:53   Link #166
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC20 View Post
I'm seeing a lot of the main canon characters, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot on the minor Squad members, which would essentially be my personal selling point. Are they present in a lot of what wasn't selected as the highlights in that set of snapshots?
They just have a character profile listing with two full body images then four different angles of their face for all the minor members of squad seven.

Apart from Oscar and Emile however. They have several pages of concept art from their initial involvement in the "Gallian Panzers/Stories" expenditure.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 08:59   Link #167
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
They just have a character profile listing with two full body images then four different angles of their face for all the minor members of squad seven.

Apart from Oscar and Emile however. They have several pages of concept art from their initial involvement in the "Gallian Panzers/Stories" expenditure.
Ooh, cool. Can you get some pics for Marina and Edy? Others would be appreciated too, but I mainly want to see the concept arts for two of my favorite minor characters.

Also, get us some Selvaria concept art. I wanna see how her design evolved.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 12:42   Link #168
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
Well, her hair wasn't near as long as it is now. Though, her bust is near identical (though, what could you expect?)
Old 2010-01-31, 23:56   Link #169
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
Ooh, cool. Can you get some pics for Marina and Edy? Others would be appreciated too, but I mainly want to see the concept arts for two of my favorite minor characters.

Spoiler for Pictures! and Size!:

i want this as wallpaper/poster >_> i experimented with the lighting in my room but this is the best i could get it-for now hehe, remy and cherry make me laugh... i think it's a great pic, too bad they didn't include EVERYONE is it look like Raita Honjou's work?
dl full size here i just found out picasa doesn't display pictures at full rez =3= need to use the download button >_<

Spoiler for Guess who this is xD:

Last edited by SoggySoyBean; 2010-02-01 at 14:50. Reason: updated link :p
Old 2010-02-01, 00:09   Link #170
DC20

^_^

I'd always been trying to make out what Ramona and Cherry were doing in the background there, but this is the first time I've seen a scan detailed enough to actually see it.

10/10. That fistpump is the greatest thing I've ever seen.
DC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 04:07   Link #171
cloner4000

That's great pictures, thanks...Can't believe how much different drafts they went through before deciding on the final Alicia.

Edy get special treatment with a whole page to herself.

The wall scroll is very detailed, I wonder if it's possible to fit every one in there? this is probably the closest one so fa, 32 members of squad 7 plus Varrot and Faldio..if I counted correctly..
cloner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 17:21   Link #172
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Thanks for the pics, Soggy.

If you don't mind, I would love to see pics of Aika, Juno, Vyse and Lynn (better than the ones I've found) if possible. Is there anything on Fina BTW?
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 17:35   Link #173
Revan21

Valkyria Chronicles Trading Cards by MOVIC

A total of 72 cards
Regular: 60, Special: 9, Special Rare: 3
Release Date: 2010.02.25
Old 2010-02-01, 17:39   Link #174
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
Valkyria Chronicles Trading Cards by MOVIC

A total of 72 cards
Regular: 60, Special: 9, Special Rare: 3
Release Date: 2010.02.25
...wow... just wow...
Old 2010-02-01, 23:31   Link #175
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC20 View Post
^_^

I'd always been trying to make out what Ramona and Cherry were doing in the background there, but this is the first time I've seen a scan detailed enough to actually see it.

10/10. That fistpump is the greatest thing I've ever seen.
ehehehe ye, im going to try to get a better pic, at least until i find a way to scan it..or someone else does
hmm i haven't noticed some of these guns ingame yet >.> i tihnk i need to play more

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloner4000 View Post
That's great pictures, thanks...Can't believe how much different drafts they went through before deciding on the final Alicia.

Edy get special treatment with a whole page to herself.

The wall scroll is very detailed, I wonder if it's possible to fit every one in there? this is probably the closest one so fa, 32 members of squad 7 plus Varrot and Faldio..if I counted correctly..
yup i tihnk it was 27 pages or so. its pretty cool how her design evolved. i think its possible theres still empty space xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Thanks for the pics, Soggy.

If you don't mind, I would love to see pics of Aika, Juno, Vyse and Lynn (better than the ones I've found) if possible. Is there anything on Fina BTW?
np and ill get right on it ^^. hopefully the suns out so i can get proper lighting xD

and as for the trading cards... uhhhhh hmmm.... =_="
Old 2010-02-03, 15:52   Link #176
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Blah, sorry it took so long
Spoiler for Size:

anyone find any proper scans yet? xD
Old 2010-02-03, 16:04   Link #177
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoggySoyBean View Post
Blah, sorry it took so long
Spoiler for Size:

anyone find any proper scans yet? xD
Nice ones!

I would also love to find proper ones (as they do to every single existing artbook) as well.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 19:43   Link #178
Runty

Okay, so the seventh DVD is out by now, and we still don't have the sixth OVA special. That REALLY bugs me, because I want to see that hot spring scene a LOT.

Maybe the seventh OVA special will tide me over until someone decides to upload the sixth. That is, if someone uploads the seventh...
Old 2010-02-03, 23:49   Link #179
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

NO FANSERVICE FOR YOU!

On a less assholeish note, that actually sucks. Or, at least, it would, if the VC anime was better than I hear it is.
Old 2010-02-04, 08:14   Link #180
Revan21

It's not as bad as most gamers would claim. I actually liked it very much

The difference is that the second half focuses more on your Very Typical anime love-triangle between Welkin x Alicia x Faldio instead of the battles. They kept the main story and all the major events of the game, with pretty much the same ending. Naturally, the side-characters get a lot less screentime which (I believe) is understandable in an adaptation.
Anyway, it's not a bad series. IMHO some (dramatic) scenes are even better than in the original